Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,213 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring (43803 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by udemzyudex(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:

Ah, na church hold salvation... No be jesus... 1 Da full.

Oya naa stay for your house and worship him.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by OlawaleBammie: 12:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Lifestone:

I'm sure you know you are not representing Christ with these curses. Absolutely it won't hold.

Yea, I know I didn't represent christ in the best manner but I hate what people like him do.

Imagine me coming to ur father house knowing fully well that he hates rags but still I pack full load of rags as present for him, and when he chase me out, I started shouting to the neighbourhood that ur father lacks manners...how does this sound to u pls
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by HappyPagan: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goodlady:

I m not here to defend or against DLBC.
But in your own unbalanced, misery judgemental life, haven't you made a decision to do something and you later changed?
Life is by conviction. However, your conviction must be for good purpose.
Ok Ma. The Church made a mistake. Just like this one is too. So a church can hold wrong doctrines, defend them zealously today, change them speedily tomorrow.

Satan bless you and have a nice day.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by udemzyudex(m): 12:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
Imagine this one claiming victim,he comes from a Christian background,he knows very well that as a man wearing ear ring in most church is prohibited,and you choose to wear it to church,why not go there and see the way they behave there before you start wearing whatever pleases you to the church.

Some Church will allow you wear anything you like just because they want to keep a member but some are strict.

Read luke 6 vs 46 but before that read Deuteronomy 22 vs 5. God prohibit cross dressing and if you think all this doesn't matter well also read Matthew 7 vs 21.

Peace ✌️ grin
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by integrity16(m): 12:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
I don't know why Christians argue online unnecessarily. You neither see the other faith act this way.

To the OP, please act according to the way you understand the Bible, if the church you attended did not alone with your own understanding of the bible, please move to another church that their docteines alines with your understanding of the bible.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Eriokanmi: 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
When you're in Rome, you behave like romans, simple. You can't go to cele and wear shoes into their church. If their denomination forbids a manner of dressing, it's not a bad thing if you comply. It's like asking ahmadiyya Muslims or the followers of El-Zakzaky to go to a Sunni Muslim's mosque to worship. It won't happen. Whereas, they worship same Allah.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kobicove(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Stop whining, when in Rome do as the Romans do!
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Bananapill: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Church is different from a business. If I was an unbeliever that is attending Church for the first time, would they have won my soul with such an act? Jesus did not treat sinners badly He made friend with them in order to win their souls. Paul was also friendly to sinners in order to win their souls.

The unbeliever knows going to church with earrings on is wrong. 2 hours of not wearing inside the church is now a problem.
We must abide by and respect the values of worship places.
No matter the civilization, some values will never change. As you grow older, you will understand more.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by miketayo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
smokinloud:

One mistake you are making is that Jesus and Paul were always friendly. That's not true. No one can change anybody, only the holy spirit can convert soul. The holy spirit can use your anger at times to cause a positive change in the mind of someone.
John 2:14-16
[14]And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
[15]And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
[16]And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Acts 17:22-25
[22]Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
[23]For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
[24]God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
[25]Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

You think it's "friendly" to go to a pagan temple where they have been worshipping their idols even before paul was born and start condemning and preaching against it?!.
No, Jesus and Paul were not always friendly. Even the bible says "our God is a consuming fire" fire is not friendly...

You are talking completely off point. It has nothing to do with the topic, I know Jesus was criticized because he welcomed sinners. He said it himself, I came for the sinners and not the righteous
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kay25(m): 12:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
Which church?can we call the pastor
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kay25(m): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.
Na dat Virgin born go save for last day of destruction ooo.u better follow am
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Sirchigo4: 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

I strongly believe that God is real, but u see church, my brother dey have used it to brain wash us. Leave dat church jare. Even d pastor of the church fit be chronic sinner and u be saint where him dey. And as for dat person wey no allow u enter let me reserve my comment

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by emekajacobogbon(m): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Kooldon:
Every Association has a constitution to be followed by members. Same is applicable to a Church's Doctrine.
Either you abide or you seek your salvation else where.

Help me tell her.
Nowadays, everyone feel they have opinion even on another man's constitution

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Glory2DLamb(m): 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Is wearing earring a sin?

Your parents did not pierce your ears. Did you ask them why?
Do people wear ear rings in the church you and your parents attend? Have you ever asked why?
Did you know that people don't wear ear rings to the church where you were sent out from? If you knew, why did you choose to go wearing ear rings?

What is your definition of rules? Doctrines? And similar tenets?

What is sin, from your point of view?

The above questions will help you situate yourself vis-a-vis the Church since you don't want to shade the Church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Iamnotfearyou: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
The worst is you laying it out here in public with no consideration to those who are struggling trying to find salvation........I can tell you for free that the reason why you brought this here is to make fun of the church which is a sin,thou shall not judge yet you decide to judge this church for what they believe is right why don't you have this discussion with the pastor of that particular church who has all the authority to educate you or learn from you but rather you brought it to a forum filled with people of different faith and views making me doubt if you are a Christian....... You can only go public about your religion positively not negatively now I am sure you are enjoying the comments, someone even called the religion useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by hardbody: 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
smokinloud:

Did you read the bible verse I quoted or you just want to be mischievous?.
1 Timothy 2:9
[9]In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

YES FIRE REFINES JUST AS HARSH ACTIONS COULD BE USED TO DISCIPLINE.
John 2:14-16
[14]And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
[15]And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
[16]And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
YOU SHOULD ASK JESUS WHY HE CHASE PEOPLE OUT WITH WHIP.

You are doing well, but your last sentence in the text i quoted appeared to be contrary to what you were quoting from the bible
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by GreatTechnology(f): 12:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
I don't think any church will send you out because of ear ring
I guess ur dressing might be the issue

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by miketayo(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Well DESERVED.

Can he wear Earrings to see Tinubu in Aso Rock or his State Governor?.😕

Useless pple that can't respect God.😒

I blame our Newbie Liberal Pentecostal churches, who allow lots of these NONSENSE. undecided

Oga the op is a lady o. What's wrong with a lady wearing earrings
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Emmanuel909090: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
If they don't wear earrings there, why wear one?
Like you can walk into cele or cherubim with your shoes?

If they don't accept that avoid it or look for another church that accepts it

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by sonofElElyon: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

So they should change their doctrine because of you
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by miketayo(m): 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Standing5:
show me if God also condemned AK 47 also.

Tell me what's wrong with ak47, Peter had a sword which is also weapon
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by miketayo(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
Bananapill:

The unbeliever knows going to church with earrings on is wrong. 2 hours of not wearing inside the church is now a problem.
We must abide by and respect the values of worship places.
No matter the civilization, some values will never change. As you grow older, you will understand more.

I don't think I know another church asides deeper life that doesn't allow ladies wear earrings. This is news for me.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Afobaba33(m): 12:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
So
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by shedy03(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.
Useless you.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Cutehector(m): 12:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
BOUNTYDOG:

Christ embassy do not discriminate,they accept you the way you are so that all can be saved
will still open my church, thank you.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Church is different from a business. If I was an unbeliever that is attending Church for the first time, would they have won my soul with such an act? Jesus did not treat sinners badly He made friend with them in order to win their souls. Paul was also friendly to sinners in order to win their souls.
My brother, don't mind them.Before God, you might be purer than the man who dresses in the way the church tags decent. Christianity lies within the heart, and how you relate with God and others according to His Word.
Most of these new generation churches are more judgemental than Satan himself.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by bamirotola: 12:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

The way Christian worship God in Nigeria is weird .. weird doctrine that is not from God , yet they will lie it's the inspiration from God..

Kumuyi once told his members not to watch tv or dress too smart , they term everything worldly, now he's using the same tv to broadcast, our God is not a God of confusion and until we learn to understand God and his love for us, we won't be bamboozled with these doctrines ..

Anything aside what Jesus said in the bible is personal opinion...what peter, Paul , James and others said that is not derived from what Jesus said himself is their opinion and should be follow with strict discernment.

So back to the post, I will condemn you for going to church you know they will not accept earRing , or you want to tell mee your friend did not tell you they don't tolerate earing? Go to church that accept earing and serve your God in peace .

Also , churches need to understand that church is meant for all souls not all saint , church is like an hospital, sick people come in and they go back better, so I will say those churches are not christians or it's not a Christian church as it goes against the preaching of Jesus Christ. I blame the so called church for pretending to be a Christian church, no one , I mean no one has the right to deny you the presence of God .. that's not a church ..
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by HappyPagan: 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Kay25:

Na dat Virgin born go save for last day of destruction ooo.u better follow am
God forbid.. person wey three nails kill.. lol... Make im go find im killers. I no follow.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by hashtagged(m): 12:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

You don't come to the house of God to show off earrings or dressing. You come to church to seek God's face.
It doesn't have to be biblical, if you knew why you came to church taking it off wouldn't have been a problem.

Although it's not right to turn away worshipers from God's house, but taking off the earnings would have cost you nothing. Don't take it to heart you came to serve God not man
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by DOM7: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nothing is wrong with it you can't force yourself on people with different mind set with you, there are many that wear earrings even naked locate one for yourself.peoplw should stop coming here and look for sympathy or who will help attack their persive enemy.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Standing5(m): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
miketayo:

Tell me what's wrong with ak47, Peter had a sword which is also weapon
maybe he had a nuclear bomb also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Zainab Aliyu Released: Are Some Nigerians More Important Than Others? CAN Asks / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.