Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? (3777 Views)

Is Atiku The Owner Of Tiger Skyscraper Estate In Dubai? - Fact Check / Promise Gogorodari: Owner Of Demolished Prudent Hotel In Rivers, Speaks / Is Peter Obi The Owner Of This Mansion In London? See Photos & APC Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2023
chidiokay:

I agree with most of the things you say esp. in a sane clime, but Nigeria is different
The problem of Nigeria is human factor, even the best economics policies will struggle to thrive in Nigeria.
Petrol hike started since monday, the only thing that as responded is cost of transportation, But prices of commodities & services are stalling becos the market forces depict low affordability, diesel & kerosene prices are falling becos low affordability as driven demand low,

Salary increment means more purchasing power in the hands of consumers, hence an increase in demand but that triggers a corresponding effect of an increase in prices.
the relationship between purchasing power and inflation is like prey and the later a predator.
The best way to strengthen our purchasing power is for naira to regain value not salary increment, the more naira regain value the more cost of living drops. the economy and people gain.

where there is over 200% inflation pushing more money out is counter productive
these is the simplest way i can explain
Again, this thread was or is about cost of living!

1 Like

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by nazicartel(m): 10:46am On Jun 03, 2023
The guy has always been an idiot nah. The last time I attacked him on twitter concerning Obi's ads here. He wrote me and told me to send proof. Came back here and got proof, he said he will check it out. Came back and told me that he didn't approve that or whatever he wrote there. Said it's from the ads department or what nonsense. The guy is just senseless shaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by madscientist88(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2023
not every rich person is intelligent tho lol

2 Likes

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by BlackyOne: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2023
The guy na frog, he's so irrelevant that he only attract curses on twitter

2 Likes

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by foxxydude: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2023
He posted that comment for engagement

1 Like

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2023
@OP.

Seun, IMO, is right on this ocassion because it is an economic anomaly everywhere else in the world, bar Nigeria, to hanker for salary increase because cost of PMS has risen.

Such makes a mockery of Nigerians because, universally, demand for salary increase must match unexpectedly and verified high inflation that means what people earn cannot allow them to meet their cost of living.

If we are saying increase in PMS automatically cost corresponding increase in inflation, transport cost, rent cost, medical bill cost, School fees, leisure and entertainment cost, ashawo cost, etc etc etc, then are we not making a case for Nigeria being an economic aberration, with a near caveman and rudimentary economy, that has the basic instinct of 'every man to himself' exploitation at it's core?

Salary increase solves nothing. Let us first look at what Nigerian nationhood currently means to Nigerians where every cost increase in one sector becomes an avenue of exploitation for Nigerians, in all other sectors, to use in blackmailing their fellow Nigerians so their bank balance swells massively.

No one is talking about how Marketers who have already been paid subsidy on stored PMS, they currently have in tank farms, now cynically want to charge post-subsidy rate to sell their stock. Instead, and reactionarily, we shout "salary increase".

We must look at how Nigeria is now a nation of economic saboteurs and predatory/greedy Vampires rather than just think we can use salary increase bandage to heal a bullet wound that has pierced a vital organ.

What we are doing is aberrant and not done like that anywhere else in the world. Patience, to gain fundamental solution to perennially destructive problems, is the way forward. Seun is correct here.

Increasing salary that employers are not even obligated to obey, in completely lawless and socio-economically unruly Nigeria, is mere self-deceit we Nigerians love indulging in while the core problem remains unresolved and worsening.

1 Like

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Blazebond(m): 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
I sure say SEUN just dey cruise people for that Twitter app.
Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2023
Seems seun has a contract with twitter just to generate traffic. I really think so. Especially after musk took over. He wasn’t like this before

1 Like

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blazebond:

Exactly
Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Bobloco: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
eddynaira125:
I think seun don't reason logically before speaking, seun IQ is low, thank God for the discovery of Nairaland through him, he would have end up picking scrap from the jungles of Lagos
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blazebond:

To you, everytime PMS cost increase salary must increase? Are you people noe worried Nigeria is becoming socio-economically aberrant as we have fully become in other aspect of life?

For example, even Ghanaians now have e-gates at airports so Ghanaians coming home from abroad can lclear themselves out of the airport automatically with virtually nil human interaction with customs, immigration etc as used to be the case and an unwanted cause of costly delay. Very desirable outcome considering man must always seek to make progress to move forward and never backwards.

Yet that cannot happen in the biggest black nation on Earth because so many Nigerians will argue against such a progressive introduction in our national life because they need human interaction with travellers to extort bribe and other illegal charges.

All because we are now a people totally vested in making everything wrong seem right while arguing all that is wrong and undesirable elsewhere is right for Nigeria.

Increase in PMS cost is not automatically related to a socio-economic demand for salary increase.. Seun is right and we should face and defeat the aberrancy in the Nigerian economic system that makes her like no other in the world..

Everytime Nigeria has had critical choices to make, we choose the wrong option. It is the reason we are where we are today.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Greyworld: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
chidiokay:

You have spoken like a lame man, lemme ask;

Do you know the present rate of Inflation in Nigeria is over 200%

Where there is inflation should govt be pushing out more money into circulation .. does it make sense.

The true value of money its in it purchasing power not amount, i prefer a 30k that can buy me two bags of rice to a 100k that will buy same two bag of rice because the later is detrimental to economy, inflation wise including cost of living

You are just swift to type rubbish, no body cares what you prefer, the people want to survive and if increasing their salary us detrimental then they should keep working and remain unable to meet their obligations, perhaps that's the best.

Lame duck.
Country isn't working you are talking about economics of paper when people are dying.

1 Like

Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Ogilinsaka: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
eddynaira125:
I think seun don't reason logically before speaking, seun IQ is low, thank God for the discovery of Nairaland through him, he would have end up picking scrap from the jungles of Lagos

Fatality
Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by chidiokay: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
Greyworld:

You are just swift to type rubbish, no body cares what you prefer, the people want to survive and if increasing their salary us detrimental then they should keep working and remain unable to meet their obligations, perhaps that's the best.

Lame duck.
Country isn't working you are talking about economics of paper when people are dying.

You must have comprehension issues, go ask people in sri lanka howfar ...
i don't blame most you na where you see reach you know reach
Re: Is This Same Person The Owner Of Nairaland? by Greyworld: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
chidiokay:

You must have comprehension issues, go ask people in sri lanka howfar ...
i don't blame most you na where you see reach you know reach

Mr know all go and sit down. If you have worked in a working system you ll know that a full time worker doesn't need to beg for basic needs like food shelter and clothing.

Now if the senators can take 20mil a month the workers should get 100k ...

End of story.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

African Union Officially Recognises Libya's New Leadership / Rashidi Yekini Buried Like A 'commoner' - (picture) / Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.