Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship (14305 Views)

Ake Palace Mayhem: Amosun And His Aides Accussed Of Causing Crisis / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Lutherblaq: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2023
The Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), a group of governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has accused oil marketers of causing hardship in the country.

Hope Uzodinma, governor of Imo and PGF’s chairperson, spoke on Friday after he led his colleagues to visit President Bola Tinubu at the Aso Rock villa.

On Monday, Tinubu, in his inauguration speech, said the subsidy regime was over, noting that it was not provided for in the 2023 appropriation act.

The president’s pronouncement sparked panic-buying of petrol by Nigerians across the country.

On Wednesday, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Limited said it would adjust its pump prices to reflect market realities. The commodity now sells for as high as N550 per litre.

Uzodinma expressed dismay that the marketers were quick to increase prices when the product they had was already subsidised.

“For instance, from May 29 till today, I’m not aware that any petroleum marketer has imported any product.

All the products in their storage facilities are those already imported, subsidised by the government,” he said.

“Why the rush to increase the prices? It is man’s inhumanity to man. I think that what we should do is be our brother’s keepers and learn how to save the firewood we got during the dry season, so we can use it during the rainy season.

“But I also think that as we work towards improving the economy of this country with the intention of creating prosperity, the government will be reasonable enough to look at the reality on the ground and address them as appropriate.

“I have no doubt in my mind that the man who has raised his pump price from N300 plus to N500 plus is creating panic.”

Uzodinma said he expected market forces of demand and supply to fix an appropriate price for citizens.

“By next month, July, the Dangote refinery will be on stream and it’s a very big refinery that will make products available,” he said.

“You are aware that the federal government awarded turnaround maintenance contracts for Port Harcourt, Kaduna and Warri refineries, so if within the period, these refineries are working, products will be available and the market forces will come into play.”

https://www.thecable.ng/its-mans-inhumanity-apc-governors-accuse-oil-marketers-of-causing-hardship/amp

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Jking20(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2023
That's exactly what Nigerians are good at

25 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by delpee(f): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2023
IPMAN has stated that they will sell at the old price since the current stock they have is subsidised. Maybe some of their members and the majors are not complying.

BOVAS has been selling at the old price. I'm not sure that they still have fuel though.

Mama BOVAS, Dr(Mrs) V. Adunola Samson in particular deserves a National award for always standing by the masses.

99 Likes 13 Shares

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Standing5(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2023
The current president once admitted that a removal of the same subsidy will bring hardship( in 2012 I think) and not existence of marketers. The APC is a useless party.

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Sisora(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by RealLordZeus(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
NNPC did the same thing Mr Governors

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by SultanOfAbia: 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Cre
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Racoon(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
The hardship, inhumanity the APC government have inflicted on Nigerians in the forms of insults, hardship, bad governance, economic plague, insecurity and ethno-religious killings in the past 8 years is much more worst than fuel problems by the marketers. Nobody wicked reach where APC dey.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by ikpumbe(m): 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Another 8yrs of blame game. It won't be well with apc voters and supporters

18 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Saifullah01: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
What rubish! Government is the problem of itself. Instead of facing the problem head on and finding ways to ease the pains of the masses, they are looking for who to blame.

1. NNPCL was the first to increase price then everyone followed. So if anything Government is to be blamed.

2. If you own a filling station and you bought a 40,000 litres truck @ 195 per litre (I.e. 7,800,000 naira) and now replacement cost of your stock is now 488 per liter (same truck now cost 19,520,000 naira), if you sell at old price just because you bought at old price where do u get the balance of 11,720,000 naira to buy a new truck to continue running your business.

4. Or is government willing to continue paying subsidy in another form to the marketers?

3. Imagine these governors who have no idea how things work running their mouth finding who to blame. If they were not ready for this policy let them reverse it, otherwise let them take the bull by the horn and pilot things.

I pray they succeed for our own good

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Goodman2023: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
He be like say this regime na photograph snapping regime...

5 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Stevosty: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Standing5:
The current president once admitted that a removal of the same subsidy will bring hardship in 2012 and not existence of marketers. The APC is a useless party.
Party full of liars and deceivers.

9 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by APCNig: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
They will pay for it
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by APCNig: 12:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
Standing5:
The current president once admitted that a removal of the same subsidy will bring hardship in 2012 and not existence of marketers. The APC is a useless party.

What are you?

This is Emilokan Tinubu, the Civilian General that did what the military generals could not do. What General Olusegun Obasanjo, General Muhammadu Buhari, Alh. Umar Yar’Adua and Christian Brother Goatluck Jonathan could not do for 24 years, Emilokan Bola Ahmed Tinubu the Jagaban Borgu City Boy Extraordinaire did it in the first 30 minutes of his government.

The generational fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever. Expect more hard decisions in order to rebuild the faulty foundation of this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Sonnobax15(m): 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
lipsrsealed
It's just a case of pot calling kettle black because they have all caused the masses hardship and equally plunged alot of families and businesses into abject penury....But right here,I think applauding the one with the lesser evil as it stands will be good..So lemme say good one from the governors....

Dem suppose tie all the marketers flog one by one...Very heartless human beings.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by ivolt: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Nonsense.
The marketers didn't remove subsidy.
The last time I check, there is no scarcity anymore.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Offpoint1: 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blame games don start...

Las Las everybody go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by toluxa1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by grandstar(m): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
So, the marketers should happily sell their products at N220 and when the price increases to 550 unexpectedly, they are now caught offguard.

I tanker normally carries about 30,000 litres. That's about a 10m difference. Can the tanker drivers buy half tank or even a third tank? I am not sure and doubt it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Teymanhenry(f): 12:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Can't government control commodity prices ?
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Zxcvbnmghtr: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:
IPMAN has stated that they will sell at the old price since the current stock they have is subsidised. Maybe some of their members and the majors are not complying.

BOVAS has been selling at the old price. I'm not sure that they still have fuel though.

Mama BOVAS, Dr(Mrs) V. Adunola Samson in particular deserves a National award for always standing by the masses.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Yugoslavia247(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
This APC and blame game.

Did marketers remove subsidy without proper planning.

Omo

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Toluwanise247(m): 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Many Nigerians are wicked and greedy. I went out yesterday and I stop to buy drink, I ask the woman to give me C way which is 300 to my surprise the woman said is 400, I confronted her and tell why she doesn’t know what to say. People just increase price at their own will.

51 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Owonikey: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Exactly
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
It's easy to blame the inhumanity of others when you make policies without consideration to its immediate effects on the populace.
Business men will always respond to maximize their profits on your policies. Your responsibility as a government is to keep them in check. And if you're incapable of doing that as a govt - vacate your position for more competent hands!

For a govt to blame citizens for societal problems is simply leadership failure. As a leader you know the good, the bad and the ugly forces operating in your system, and you should find a balance.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Iluvmycontr3: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.thecable.ng/its-mans-inhumanity-apc-governors-accuse-oil-marketers-of-causing-hardship/amp

In Nigeria, atimes it wl seem there are some organisations or formations that are MUCH MORE BIGGER THAN THE GOVERNMENT.

Can't those involved be indicted and sanctioned

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by tolue42(m): 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:

That woman is up there among the best Nigeria could offer..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by 43Ronin: 12:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
it is hypocritical to accuse the oil marketers when NNPC did the same thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by fineboynl(m): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
, failures. But tinubu acknowledge that Subsidy was gone. So what was he expecting? They should find way to fix the country and bring down the price of petrol otherwise Nigeria will take to the street when things become worst off.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Nigerian Airport Among Africa's Best 10 / Impeachment Of Yari: DSS Arrests Legislators / DSS To Arraign Sowore In Court On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.