Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship (14331 Views)

Ake Palace Mayhem: Amosun And His Aides Accussed Of Causing Crisis / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Inflating Fuel Subsidy Figures, Demand Probe From 2015 / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by stormborn28(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Saifullah01:
What rubish! Government is the problem of itself. Instead of facing the problem head on and finding ways to ease the pains of the masses, they are looking for who to blame.

1. NNPCL was the first to increase price then everyone followed. So if anything Government is to be blamed.

2. If you own a filling station and you bought a 40,000 litres truck @ 195 per litre (I.e. 7,800,000 naira) and now replacement cost of your stock is now 488 per liter (same truck now cost 19,520,000 naira), if you sell at old price just because you bought at old price where do u get the balance of 11,720,000 naira to buy a new truck to continue running your business.

4. Or is government willing to continue paying subsidy in another form to the marketers?

3. Imagine these governors who have no idea how things work running their mouth finding who to blame. If they were not ready for this policy let them reverse it, otherwise let them take the bull by the horn and pilot things.

I pray they succeed for our own good

Oga .it is only a thief that gives the analysis you gave. If you bought at old stock, sell at old stock. Then add money to what you sold, buy new stock and sell at new stock.. Only a sincere businessman or businesswoman work this way
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by BrickDevo: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
alomeda600:
Read between the lines with open mind. You will understand better. Assume you own a filling station too
i will not assume i own a filling station, because i don't.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Chetas81(m): 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Bad Nigerian citizen remain bad under their religious activitie
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by MatrixCircle: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
Same oil subsidy APC used against PDP during PDP regime. Now take same breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by alamoht(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:
IPMAN has stated that they will sell at the old price since the current stock they have is subsidised. Maybe some of their members and the majors are not complying.

BOVAS has been selling at the old price. I'm not sure that they still have fuel though.

Mama BOVAS, Dr(Mrs) V. Adunola Samson in particular deserves a National award for always standing by the masses.

I bought at bovas yesterday ₦515
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Bfly: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Is it not also careless for a president to make such announcements in a swear in speech?
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by okoroemeka(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
Jking20:
That's exactly what Nigerians are good at
the whole problem was caused by the presidential gaffe,why is the governor blaming oil marketers when he should blame his apc president for speaking without proper advice and planning,is the government so shortsighted not to know that this will happen?the oil marketers are just making hay while the sun still shines,to be a president is not bala Blu bulaba bullabu

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by delpee(f): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
alamoht:

I bought at bovas yesterday ₦515

Thanks for the update.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by delpee(f): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
hafal2020:

BOVAS in my town is selling at #500 per litre.

Noted. Thanks
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by delpee(f): 10:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
abatically:

They should. But the problem with selling at old price until July is the chaos it would bring. Those few days/weeks woud be very chaotic. Lots of panic buying, excessive queues at filling stations. Also some stations will refuse to sell, causing artificial scarcity, the fews that sell will become overcrowded. We know how our people would behave, knowing prices are going up in a few weeks. It's a bitter sweet situation to be honest. Sweet because fuel would still be sold for 185 (nnpc) but bitter because it would become extremely difficult to buy.

Hmmm! It is well with us.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by delpee(f): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
April4th:

Which Ipman, the same one that said NNPCL had increased its ex depot loading price. That those that already paid 7m for loading and have been issued loading receipt where asked to pay additional 14m before they can load products? Let's stop receiving ourselves in this country, this increment can't work without putting palliatives in place and increasing minimum wage.

Well, they can only sell old stock at the old rate. That's probably finished now so they have to review in line with the new loading price.
We will overcome some day.. ....
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by JpBiz92: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
An insensitive government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chicago Academic Record: Tinubu, Atiku Resume Legal Battle In US Monday / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact / Dapo Abiodun Talks On Rift With Buruji Kasami Over 3billion Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.