Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship (14304 Views)

Ake Palace Mayhem: Amosun And His Aides Accussed Of Causing Crisis / Fuel Scarcity Looms As FG, Oil Marketers Disagree On Pricing / Governors Accuse NNPC Of Fraud In Payment Of Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by MasterJayJay: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
J
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by ambale(m): 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
Bhet your useless lavish lifestyles is not a menace to the people

What did you guys do for 8years as governors to prepare for hard times?

Useless sets of individuals parading as governors
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by DOptical: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
More rooms should be given for more marketers to come in to compete. The price will drop. Tinubu just needs to tackle the nnpc bullshit!
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by abatically(m): 12:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:
IPMAN has stated that they will sell at the old price since the current stock they have is subsidised. Maybe some of their members and the majors are not complying.

BOVAS has been selling at the old price. I'm not sure that they still have fuel though.

Mama BOVAS, Dr(Mrs) V. Adunola Samson in particular deserves a National award for always standing by the masses.

They should. But the problem with selling at old price until July is the chaos it would bring. Those few days/weeks woud be very chaotic. Lots of panic buying, excessive queues at filling stations. Also some stations will refuse to sell, causing artificial scarcity, the fews that sell will become overcrowded. We know how our people would behave, knowing prices are going up in a few weeks. It's a bitter sweet situation to be honest. Sweet because fuel would still be sold for 185 (nnpc) but bitter because it would become extremely difficult to buy.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by bishopandy(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
In 2012, did you ask yourself why there was an abrupt removal of subsidy without notifying the public and on the first day of the year. The nationwide strike happened not because Tinubu asked for it but because most people who travelled were trapped where they were and lack of communication. Then came the cabal that was incharge of importing the product that was never available. Fast-forward to 2015 when Buhari said subsidy will be totally removed. Negotiations upon negotiations have been holding but IPMAN being the most powerful feel the need to control the economy. Its time we take the bull by the horn.
quote author=Standing5 post=123543611]The current president once admitted that a removal of the same subsidy will bring hardship in 2012 and not existence of marketers. The APC is a useless party. [/quote]
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by MasterJayJay: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Many Nigerians are wicked and greedy. I went out yesterday and I stop to buy drink, I ask the woman to give me C way which is 300 to my surprise the woman said is 400, I confronted her and tell why she doesn’t know what to say. People just increase price at their own will.

Subsidy is gone! Are you paying the woman her salary? It's ignorant to assume only petrol price will increase when subsidy is removed.

Someone is trying to survive and you are calling her wicked and greedy.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by hafal2020: 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:
IPMAN has stated that they will sell at the old price since the current stock they have is subsidised. Maybe some of their members and the majors are not complying.

BOVAS has been selling at the old price. I'm not sure that they still have fuel though.

Mama BOVAS, Dr(Mrs) V. Adunola Samson in particular deserves a National award for always standing by the masses.

BOVAS in my town is selling at #500 per litre.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Geopex(m): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2023
Saifullah01:
What rubish! Government is the problem of itself. Instead of facing the problem head on and finding ways to ease the pains of the masses, they are looking for who to blame.

1. NNPCL was the first to increase price then everyone followed. So if anything Government is to be blamed.

2. If you own a filling station and you bought a 40,000 litres truck @ 195 per litre (I.e. 7,800,000 naira) and now replacement cost of your stock is now 488 per liter (same truck now cost 19,520,000 naira), if you sell at old price just because you bought at old price where do u get the balance of 11,720,000 naira to buy a new truck to continue running your business.

4. Or is government willing to continue paying subsidy in another form to the marketers?

3. Imagine these governors who have no idea how things work running their mouth finding who to blame. If they were not ready for this policy let them reverse it, otherwise let them take the bull by the horn and pilot things.

I pray they succeed for our own good

Oga. U will only sell what u buy o. So is the filling station going to pay back the extra money made after selling bcuz he got extra 11m from the masses to stock ? Na pure stealing. If they want to continue the business, they should look for extra money to stock, at least they will still get dea money back with gain

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Geopex(m): 1:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
fineboynl:
, failures. But tinubu acknowledge that Subsidy was gone. So what was he expecting? They should find way to fix the country and bring down the price of petrol otherwise Nigeria will take to the street when things because worst off.

Let Nigerians take over the street, the govt will keep borrowing for subsidy to pay for us and abandoned salary and other project. I f I were him, I will not wait one hour to revome the subsidy, even the the ex president made provisions for it. Bcuz the ex president have not even paid for several months to cover the subsidy. As a president, I can't wait till another month to pay billions of dollar b4 taking actions. Remove it first and let's go to discussion table. Woteva my govt receive as revenue, I will use it to develop the masses. But I can't let the subsidy fees sink the country while still negotiating
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by mctech(m): 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2023
The only person I can blame is Baba Shade. Buhari set a trap for him and he entered it.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Exceed15: 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2023
Who is subsidizing who?
Fuel subsidy is a fraud - Mohammadu Buhari
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Exceed15: 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2023
Blame shifting. APC voter's.. una see una lives? Kai naija too like suffer
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
ikpumbe:
Another 8yrs of blame game. It won't be well with apc voters and supporters

It won't be well with you, your father and mother's generations and your children. You this embittered soul who does not know that people needn't sleep in the same mat tending their heads in the same direction.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by April4th(m): 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:

Which Ipman, the same one that said NNPCL had increased its ex depot loading price. That those that already paid 7m for loading and have been issued loading receipt where asked to pay additional 14m before they can load products? Let's stop receiving ourselves in this country, this increment can't work without putting palliatives in place and increasing minimum wage.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by ChuksHills(m): 1:21pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.thecable.ng/its-mans-inhumanity-apc-governors-accuse-oil-marketers-of-causing-hardship/amp

Business is full of insincerity that is why I don't like it. By what this man says it means that Nigeria we now depend on dangote for petrol. They purposely refused to make the nations refineries to work.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Menclothing: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
We on blame game why no more subsidy

Everyone should import and sell at their rate
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by fastseo: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
angry
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by febble: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
Lol... Like say the woman no go buy pepper, enter bus and other things.. very soon purewater go sell for 2 @ 50naira

MasterJayJay:

Subsidy is gone! Are you paying the woman her salary? It's ignorant to assume only petrol price will increase when subsidy is removed.

Someone is trying to survive and you are calling her wicked and greedy.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by sta1: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
...Uzodinma should know all about 'man's inhumanity'.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Saifullah01: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Geopex:

Oga. U will only sell what u buy o. So is the filling station going to pay back the extra money made after selling bcuz he got extra 11m from the masses to stock ?

The extra 11m will be used to buy new stock because a truck now cost over 19m. So anyone that squander the gain in stock is just implying that he is willing to fold his business because of a paltry 11m (considering the cost of building a station and running it, the pay back etc). No business man will do that.

Geopex:

If they want to continue the business, they should look for extra money to stock, at least they will still get dea money back with gain

No pun intended, but do you know anything about running a business? Where would you source for fund? Borrowing? At what cost/interest rate ? Perhaps the business already has existing loans it is paying off already. That would be a recipe for disaster to borrow more. Mind you if these businesses go burst that is countless families source of food (from attendants, to security guards, truck drivers, and that potential armed robber who hasn't taken up the trade because he is still gainfully employed at that petrol station that you want the owner to take a terrible business decision)
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by 12inchess: 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
I don't want to think Tinubu is already making a pact with giving excuses. If you guys had leaders can't resolve this small issue, then what are you doing in that small position. With all the state power that you have there is no way you can say that you cannot ensure that hoarding of PMS is stopped. If you start sealing erring stations and fining them. Then they will comply. This is quite annoying excuse to give. This why leaders are elected.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by LordBillionz: 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
Saifullah01:
What rubish! Government is the problem of itself. Instead of facing the problem head on and finding ways to ease the pains of the masses, they are looking for who to blame.

1. NNPCL was the first to increase price then everyone followed. So if anything Government is to be blamed.

2. If you own a filling station and you bought a 40,000 litres truck @ 195 per litre (I.e. 7,800,000 naira) and now replacement cost of your stock is now 488 per liter (same truck now cost 19,520,000 naira), if you sell at old price just because you bought at old price where do u get the balance of 11,720,000 naira to buy a new truck to continue running your business.

4. Or is government willing to continue paying subsidy in another form to the marketers?

3. Imagine these governors who have no idea how things work running their mouth finding who to blame. If they were not ready for this policy let them reverse it, otherwise let them take the bull by the horn and pilot things.

Thank you...
This is very objective and without sentiments...

Also, something needs to be done on the side of the consumers to cushion the effect of this hike/increase in fuel price...

For instance, a review of minimum wage would be a start
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by alomeda600(m): 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2023
This is just market reality. You bought a car two weeks ago at 1.2 Million, your friend came to meet you the following week to sell for him at 1.3 Million. Meanwhile, you have heard the new price of the car is 2 Million. Would you sell at 1.5 M or 2M? This is simply market response to change in price. It isn't the marketers fault.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by melonsgroup: 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2023
Geopex:

Oga. U will only sell what u buy o. So is the filling station going to pay back the extra money made after selling bcuz he got extra 11m from the masses to stock ? Na pure stealing. If they want to continue the business, they should look for extra money to stock, at least they will still get dea money back with gain
Common sense should've let you know that what he said is the truth and nothing but the truth...
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by ikpumbe(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2023
Okealaaye:

It won't be well with you, your father and mother's generations and your children. You this embittered soul who does not know that people needn't sleep in the same mat tending their heads in the same direction.

Yup u are already suffering.so shall it remain

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by BrickDevo: 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2023
Saifullah01:

Filling stations don't buy at 195, 195 is just the selling price

And yes, you are supposed to sell old supply at the same price it was selling before the increase,

trying to justify that selling old supply at the selling price of the new supply to make up for the cost of the new supply isn't right,

if you can't afford to buy 40,000 litres, with the money made from selling the old supply at normal selling price, then buy the one you can let's say 23,000 litres,

As time goes on, you will rack up money from profits and buy the usual amount you normally buy.
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by alomeda600(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2023
BrickDevo:

Filling stations don't buy at 195, 195 is just the selling price

And yes, you are supposed to sell old supply at the same price it was selling before the increase,

trying to justify that selling old supply at the selling price of the new supply to make up for the cost of the new supply isn't right,

if you can't afford to buy 40,000 litres, with the money made from selling the old supply at normal selling price, then buy the one you can let's say 23,000 litres,

As time goes on, you will rack up money from profits and buy the usual amount you normally buy.
Read between the lines with open mind. You will understand better. Assume you own a filling station too

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by thatigboman: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Many Nigerians are wicked and greedy. I went out yesterday and I stop to buy drink, I ask the woman to give me C way which is 300 to my surprise the woman said is 400, I confronted her and tell why she doesn’t know what to say. People just increase price at their own will.
dont u know that increase in fuel will have multiplier effect?
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by Rotji(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
Tinubu's statement didn't spark panic buying, it's the wicked oil marketers that reacted to the statement by locking up their Filling Stations thereby creating queues and scaring Nigerians
Re: APC Governors Accuse Oil Marketers Of Causing Hardship by prophetfire: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
delpee:

What of NNPC that first jacked up prices? They caused it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS To Arraign Sowore In Court On Tuesday / Antony Blinken, Yusuf Tuggar Hold Live Press Briefing / x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.