Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers (9657 Views)

Femi Falana Gives Verydarkman 24 Hours To Issue Public Apology / NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies / Olajumoke Awosika: I Will Return To My N20m Farm If I Get Licence To Use Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by SalamRushdie: 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
Getpro:
Smart move,use supply saturation to drop the price and then activate the refineries to reduce the subsequent need for importation.
This is what a smart president would have done BEFORE making the silly announcement.

You dont know the greedy animals your are dealing with , supply saturation will not drip price in Nigeria
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Rockstar07: 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2023

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Bluntemperor: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
bigdammyj:
Noted.

No, to any Importers of Fuel!
Let us wait and see the Products Produced by Dangote Refineries, so that over $10-BILLIONS will be save annually and used to set up Companies in Nigeria.
So, why do Importers going to get Foreign Exchange again from the Bank, that will be an indirect way of Oil Subsidies again!
We want our Naira Currency to be strong!
Any Importers, trying to get anything from the Bank in Areas of Oil/ Fuel Import henceforth,should be arrested by CBN!
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Chocs80: 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Exactly my brother, what then is the need to remove subsidy if we are still going to be importing crude oil
Onyiiobi7735:
So what happened to putting the existing refineries to work in full capacity, and reduce importation to the barest minimum?
The man is very stupid to be emphasizing on importation.Is Nigeria going to be importing petrol till eternity?
Some of this my people have no sense of reasoning at all.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Smartguyboy(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Omenlon:
I thought NNPC boss has addressed this issue, already. I watched him on Arise TV interview saying the door is open to individuals who are ready to import to come in. That both NNPC and other importers will be sourcing their forex in the same source to give everybody level playing ground.
Are you new in Nigeria?
Same way INEC announced that they will transit the election results live on National Television
We all know what happened
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Minjim: 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
rexlims:
Must they import, what is stopping them from fixing d nigerian refineries

How do you want corruption to flourish if they don't import ?
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
GeneralPula:
They already announced that..

Anyone willing can enroll..

The news is here on naira land..

Abeg share me the link or information.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
rexlims:
Must they import, what is stopping them from fixing d nigerian refineries

Fixing what is damaged most times is more costly than building a new one.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by DCONE1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
stano2:
They will definitely ask for kickbacks, and also frustrate Igbos that applies.
everything is not about your tribe
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by olatuns2017: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/subsidy-removal-ipman-urges-fg-to-issue-licence-to-more-importers/

Correct talk unlike selfish NLC still talking about subsidies of PMS in 2023 ...

Corruption in Subsidies..8 years Buhari cannot fight ...na now u want Tinubu to fight and look into it.

No budget for subsidies in 2023

Temporary solution:

1)
Best is just stop it , Dangote refinery come in , issue more licence to import pms, ensure PH refinery start work by September 2023 and unify the exchange rate !

2)

Put social intervention in place.

.. increase min wage, work round supply chain for food production, credit boards, direct social intervention to masses ( not through politicians), etc

... develop infrastructure and security for our farmers so more food in the cities.

...NLC should stand on this new Govt neck to perform not unnecessary strikes
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Jomonix: 4:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
stano2:

Very true
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Invest4growth: 6:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
The opportunity is always there but the roadblocks and risks are not of this world. In most cases, the risks are man made and we all are made tomsuffer
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Advancedman(m): 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/subsidy-removal-ipman-urges-fg-to-issue-licence-to-more-importers/

All those who has benefitted from subsidy should open refinery by force by fire.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by stano2(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
DCONE1:
everything is not about your tribe
I'm not Igbo.... they are the most hated tribe in this country
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by DCONE1(m): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2023
stano2:
I'm not Igbo.... they are the most hated tribe in this country
and I don't care ...they made people hate them, they should bear the consequences .its simple
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by stano2(m): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2023
DCONE1:
and I don't care ...they made people hate them, they should bear the consequences .its simple
They don't care too. They are doing just fine. Bye
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by DCONE1(m): 6:45am On Jun 07, 2023
stano2:
They don't care too. They are doing just fine. Bye
doing just fine playing the victim card and crying everytime about why Nigerians hate them grin
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Okoroawusa: 6:54am On Jun 07, 2023
stano2:
Get a live... victim mentality is not a life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Power Sector Loses N2bn Daily, As Generation Falls To 2,020MW / See What Sanusi Has Done To HiTV. They've Lost Premiership Rights! Painful! / Mass For Dim Ojukwu Recorded Live @ Westminster Cathedral London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.