Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,520 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote (3270 Views)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Success1981: 8:52am On Jun 04, 2023
Whether he is using strong voodoo on the various leaderships or they are part of the business. Nigeria's democracy has been so far created for Dangote because I remembered in 1999 when Obasanjo banned importation of cement and gave Dangote full monopoly of cement distribution and this is how subsequent administrations have been working for him aside Yaradua.
Just 2/3 days in the opening of Dangote refinery and this is what we get.

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by HacheNoire: 8:54am On Jun 04, 2023
Gibberish!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by BloomingDale(f): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2023
Success1981:
Whether he is using strong voodoo on the various leaderships or they are part of the business. Nigeria's democracy has been so far created for Dangote because I remembered in 1999 when Obasanjo banned importation of cement and gave Dangote full monopoly of cement distribution and this is how subsequent administrations have been working for him aside Yaradua.

Open your own refinery and cement industry to compete with him.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by olatade(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2023
Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by solmusdesigns: 8:58am On Jun 04, 2023
Are Ipob miscreants born stupid or something

So Larfarge cement and others don't produce?! Or Dangote stopped them

Not less than 30 Refinery lisence was issued out.. Dangote built his, Edo State and BUA group are building yet you call it monopoly

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by SalamRushdie: 9:00am On Jun 04, 2023
How can Petrol be even more expensive in poor Nigeria that 50 percent of US states ? If Dangote is not ready to do refinery let him go ... Forcing Nigerians to pay off Dangotes humongous debt is nothing but evil
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by HacheNoire: 9:02am On Jun 04, 2023
BloomingDale:

Simple!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by HacheNoire: 9:03am On Jun 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:
How can Petrol be even more expensive in poor Nigeria that 50 percent of US states ? If Dangote is not ready to do refinery let him go ... Forcing Nigerians to pay off Dangotes humongous debt is nothing but evil

Stop digesting beer parlour news.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by inoki247: 9:05am On Jun 04, 2023
You people and tears and always crying the Cement you keep shouting and crying cheap pass the one without Monopoly....

For instance Bua Cement Cost pass Dangote cement....

The people without Monopoly should du Cement Giveaway now and be selling dere own for 1500 and see if people will not abandon Dangote Cement buh still na derr own cement cost pass....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by SalamRushdie: 9:06am On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Stop digesting beer parlour news.

Which one is beer parlour news in what I have said ? Why is petrol more expensive in Abuja than some states in America?

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by HacheNoire: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Which one is beer parlour news in what I have said ? Why is petrol more expensive in Abuja than some states in America?

How are Nigerians paying Dangote’s debt?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Pierohandsome: 9:26am On Jun 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

oga no where in the US that fuel is cheaper than Abuja.

The average cost of fuel in US is $1.012

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by obailala(m): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2023
Success1981:
Oh yes, subsidy has been removed for Dangote as you claim; but was the offer not open to everyone?..... Dangote simply knows how and when to take the bull by the horn. You cant keep hating a smart acheiver.

During the early OBJ days, the FG came up with the cement import substitution policy. Cement importers at the time were mandated to setup local manufacturing plants within a period of some years. Upon expiration of the time period, only those who heeded and showed evidence of setting up local production plants would have their import licenses renewed. Dangote of course jumped in on this and started with Obajana cement plant in 2005. As expected, his import license was renewed while several others fell off the grid, heralding the start of his monopoly... Can you really blame Dangote for being a smart man?

Then regarding fuel; since 1999, successive federal administrations have been begging and begging investors to come set up refineries and hundreds of licenses have been issued sonce 1999. Of course the import substitution policy still exists, i.e. only those who have capacity and who refine locally will retain a license to import. But once again, businnessmen shied away from building refineries for decades, citing the concerns that non-deregulation of the downstream sector would make the refining business unprofitable. Again, successive federal govts promised time and time again to fully deregulate once local refining capacity comes up. Despite this, businessmen remained skeptical and chose to stick with petroleum importation which brings easy, quick and low risk money.

Dangote of course dared to take the path which most businessmen regarded as 'foolish' by investing in a refinery. Now as history is about to repeat itself again (in a massive way), haters have started gathering in whatsapp groups.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by sapele914(m): 10:05am On Jun 04, 2023
Success1981:
Please stop showing how myopic & oblivious minded you really are this Sunday morning, it is because of simpletons like you in the majority, that Nigeria is in a comatose today.

Because to you Incoherent youth, PIB Act was enacted for Dangote solely?

When Dangote bought one of your dead outdated refinery’s in 2007, you ungrateful things made noise for him to return it, which he did, till date that returned refinery isn’t functioning, then 16 years later Alhaji Dangote has commissioned his own state of the art refinery, you are still complaining?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by simpleseyi: 10:14am On Jun 04, 2023
Success1981:

Cry, weep, wail

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by SalamRushdie: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2023
Pierohandsome:
oga no where in the US that fuel is cheaper than Abuja.

The average cost of fuel in US is $1.012

!!!! You think we talk out of nothing? I only talk facts .. Gasoline in the state of Texas cost $3 a gallon ( 3.7 litres ) which means a gallon is 1890 Naira if we use the new exchange value of 630 Naira to a dollar , now divide 1890 by 3.7 to get the value in litre = 510 Naira per litre in Texas ..note that if we go further use the official CBN rate of 440 naira this will bring a litre in Texas to 356 naira a litre ...

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:16am On Jun 04, 2023
Success1981:

I've been telling people this. And that the nation has become enslaved to dangote. They said I was lying. I told them the national refenieres were made not to work because of dangote as far back as five years back. They said I was making up theories. It's getting clearer to see day by day

Dangote invested around 400m in Obasanjo tls second term. Since then, Nigeria became his slave

What Country on earth has its central bank bend it's policy for a single individual?

They gave him forex for his refinery at 190 Naira

As if that isn't enough the country financed the construction and he developed an agreement that importation of Feul must be done solely by refinery owenrs meaning people who have been doing the business for up to 40 years must not do the business again

There are arrangements in place that all products produced by Dangote must be banned from importation putting them in exclusive list with the excuse theat it consumes forex

From Tomatoes to milk, the madness continues. The earlier Nigeria realizes Dangote is the number one enemy of the country, the better. As it stands the nation is serving this individual not the other way around

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by sapele914(m): 10:18am On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

I've been telling people this. And that the nation has become enslaved to dangote. They said I was lying. I told them the national refenieres were made not to work because of dangote as far back as five years back. They said I was making up theories. It's getting clearer to see day by day

Dangote invested around 400m in Obasanjo tls second term. Since then, Nigeria became his slave
Certified Mumu, Alhaji Dangote has been on top of his game since you were rolling tyres with Superman pant & no shirt as your motor vehicle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:19am On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Certified Mumu.

You can't debta me.intellectually so I won't bother mud sling. Talk economics and I'll fore back
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by sapele914(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

You can't debta me.intellectually so I won't bother mud sling. Talk economics and I'll fore back
Gerrout, debate a clueless, incoherent simple minded thing like you? I’d rather pass.

Go and spend your time formulating a strategy to make money, not wasting your time been a Monday morning quarterback subsidy so called expert.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by tsdarkside(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2023
and....??
south korea did the same for their people too....

in south korea you cant import anything that south koreans can produce themselves....
they have been doing this for decades till today....
today they have samsung and many other international companies....

and african nations are not allowed to do the same for their people too....??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Gerrout, debate a clueless, incoherent simple minded thing like you? I’d rather pass.

Ofcourse. From their comments you know them. You're not on my level. Shussh
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2023
tsdarkside:
and....??
south korea did the same for their people too....

in south korea you cant import anything that south koreans can produce themselves....
they have been doing this for decades till today....
today they have samsung and many other international companies....

and african nations are not allowed to do the same for their people too....??

Not for an individual. Una eyes never open say the nation don dey under bondage
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Jostoman: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2023
I dont expect any obedient to put mouth for this topic.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

!!!! You think we talk out of nothing? I only talk facts .. Gasoline in the state of Texas cost $3 a gallon ( 3.7 litres ) which means a gallon is 1890 Naira if we use the new exchange value of 630 Naira to a dollar , now divide 1890 by 3.7 to get the value in litre = 510 Naira per litre in Texas ..note that if we go further use the official CBN rate of 440 naira this will bring a litre in Texas to 356 naira a litre ...

Elder I know I'll find you my elder on intellectual threads like this. Thanks for always being there on such matters. I wish I can speak more about this to the nation at large. The country is in trouble
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Certified Mumu, Alhaji Dangote has been on top of his game since you were rolling tyres with Superman pant & no shirt as your motor vehicle.
Does this make sense to you? Debate the guy and stop the insults. So because Dangote has been in connivance with Nigeria's bad rulers over the years, that makes it acceptable?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by sapele914(m): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Ofcourse. From their comments you know them. You're not on my level. Shussh
Ok, you work for NNPC Limited, downstream petroleum expert?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Ok, you work for NNPC Limited, downstream petroleum expert?

Any day you can debate me intellectually, please knock on me. Any day and time
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023
Take this to front page let's discuss about national interests mods

Npflmod

Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Dominique

MrKnowitAll

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by gabbytabby: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023
They would not act like patriotic Nigerians and would keep being jealous of those who do.

The importation cabal (haters) just want to continue to pretend they are legitimate business men when we all know that what they are really importing is drugs.

Dangote is the person to emulate. Keeping production in Nigeria.

obailala:
Dangote simply knows how and when to take the bull by the horn. You cant keep hating a smart acheiver.

During the early OBJ days, the FG came up with the cement import substitution policy. Cement importers at the time were mandated to setup local manufacturing plants within a period of some years. Upon expiration of the time period, only those who heeded and showed evidence of setting up local production plants would have their import licenses renewed. Dangote of course jumped in on this and started with Obajana cement plant in 2005. As expected, his import license was renewed while several others fell off the grid, heralding the start of his monopoly... Can you really blame Dangote for being a smart man?

Then regarding fuel; since 1999, successive federal administrations have been begging and begging investors to come set up refineries and hundreds of licenses have been issued sonce 1999. Of course the import substitution policy still exists, i.e. only those who have capacity and who refine locally will retain a license to import. But once again, businnessmen shied away from building refineries for decades, citing the concerns that non-deregulation of the downstream sector would make the refining business unprofitable. Again, successive federal govts promised time and time again to fully deregulate once local refining capacity comes up. Despite this, businessmen remained skeptical and chose to stick with petroleum importation which brings easy, quick and low risk money. Dangote of course dared to take the 'foolish' path by investing in a refinery, and as history is about to repeat itself again in a massive way, haters seem to have started gathering in whatsapp groups.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Solsix(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2023
BloomingDale:

Reply of the year

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by sapele914(m): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Does this make sense to you? Debate the guy and stop the insults. So because Dangote has been in connivance with Nigeria's bad rulers over the years, that makes it acceptable?
Ignoramus Hypocrites from the country of the fantastically corrupt, Isn’t your father a Nigerian like Alhaji Dangote. Who stopped him from been the best Nigerian, that he could be?

Lazy Thing, like papa bear🐻 , like pikin.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Kings In Nigeria Should Ride Horses Not Cars / Is Climate Change For Real Or A Fraud? / Sule Lamido: Buhari Is Politically Naive And APC Is A Fraud!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.