Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote (3291 Views)

Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun / FFK: 'Was Nigeria Created For Dangote Or Was Dangote Created For Nigeria?' / Atedo Peterside: 'Why Open Border For Dangote & Refuse Others?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Stop acting mischevoius.. There was restructuring in customs so the nation would earn more money, leading to massive hike in prices of clearing goods. This incremeant is passed on to the consumer leading to hike in prices..The same way subsidy is removed and the excesses passed on the the masses.
He should have come with a smarter comparison. Even if subsidy is removed petrol shouldn't sell above #400. Maybe you should help us with the landing cost of a litre.

When was this restructuring of the ports you spoke about and do you not know that many cars and other goods were in the country already imported but unsold before the port restructuring? Apart from that selling of goods including cars depends on the whims and caprices of the seller atimes. You can buy a tokunbo today and next week put it online for sale at half the price.

Stop all this abeg. [/quote]
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by CloudWalker: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Ignoramus Hypocrites from the country of the fantastically corrupt, Isn’t your father a Nigerian like Alhaji Dangote. Who stopped him from been the best Nigerian, that he could be?

Lazy Thing, like papa bear🐻 , like pikin.
Learn how and when to use been and being

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by ednut1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Shebi you went for very cheap Corolla in USA. Why didn't you post something like this instead of the $2500 one you posted to underscore your point?

You said we buy from Netherlands and US and bring it down to Lagos. How much is the landing cost before you talk about distribution costs? We're being ripped off and we still have the masses, some very hungry, praising the thieves. Are you saying #500 above for petrol is just? Forget importation! Do you think Dangote would sell below #500 if people kept quiet with this new adjustments in price? Well, nigerians love their slavery chains. grin
dangote will sell at 500 and above. Crude oil and production costs in the refinery are not cheap. However government can still do maybe 50% subsidy removal. Go charge ya phone. That car is not worth 6k it’s even accidental insurance write off they usually import to Nigeria by the way which is even cheaper to buy
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
He should have come with a smarter comparison. Even if subsidy is removed petrol shouldn't sell above #400. Maybe you should help us with the landing cost of a litre.

When was this restructuring of the ports you spoke about and do you not know that many cars and other goods were in the country already imported but unsold before the port restructuring? Apart from that selling of goods including cars depends on the whims and caprices of the seller atimes. You can buy a tokunbo today and next week put it online for sale at half the price.

Stop all this abeg.

Your postulations are one dimensional with due respect sir

The first responsibility for a government is to make life for it's citizens. My people are suffering and I must speak for them.

I've never ewrnee less then half a mil in over ten years. I have projects left right and centre. But I must speak against these slavist empires.

I repeat. I ain't broke. Dangote should let the country be. No nation bemfs it's laws for any citizen or company. None. Dangote is.manipulating Nnpc, CBN, Almost manipulatiled the electric generation and nlng.

My people are suffering. People can barely feed or live good lives anymore.. The people are the victims.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by fineboynl(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pierohandsome:
oga no where in the US that fuel is cheaper than Abuja.

The average cost of fuel in US is $1.012
the US fuel is of higher quality. You can’t compare the two.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Godwin4444: 12:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

I've been telling people this. And that the nation has become enslaved to dangote. They said I was lying. I told them the national refenieres were made not to work because of dangote as far back as five years back. They said I was making up theories. It's getting clearer to see day by day

Dangote invested around 400m in Obasanjo tls second term. Since then, Nigeria became his slave

What Country on earth has its central bank bend it's policy for a single individual?

They gave him forex for his refinery at 190 Naira

As if that isn't enough the country financed the construction and he developed an agreement that importation of Feul must be done solely by refinery owenrs meaning people who have been doing the business for up to 40 years must not do the business again

There are arrangements in place that all products produced by Dangote must be banned from importation putting them in exclusive list with the excuse theat it consumes forex

From Tomatoes to milk, the madness continues. The earlier Nigeria realizes Dangote is the number one enemy of the country, the better. As it stands the nation is serving this individual not the other way around
all our politicians are stealing n keeping d money in dangote business n that’s y they don’t want anything to work in Nigeria

If things work properly how will dangote make money n how will they also get their profit

Dangote can only survive in a corrupt country like Nigeria, he can’t survive in a highly competitive country
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
Godwin4444:
all our politicians are stealing n keeping d money in dangote business n that’s y they don’t want anything to work in Nigeria

If things work properly how will dangote make money n how will they also get their profit

Dangote can only survive in a corrupt country like Nigeria, he can’t survive in a highly competitive country

Because of the blindness of the citizens not knowing where to turn to and being powerless. If the average Nigerian knows that's dangote was given dollar at the rate of around 190 Naira for his refinery, the interpretation is that the citizens built it. And the interpretation is also that government can build such if the willpower is there
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 1:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
ednut1:
dangote will sell at 500 and above. Crude oil and production costs in the refinery are not cheap. However government can still do maybe 50% subsidy removal. Go charge ya phone. That car is not worth 6k it’s even accidental insurance write off they usually import to Nigeria by the way which is even cheaper to buy
Stop being petty. wink What's has phone quality got to do with facts on the internet.

Are you the one who posted the car to be certain it ain't worth $6k? Or you were the one who posted the #1.7m to know it was battered? Some of you are something else.

We know crude oil production is expensive. Can you justify why a litre of petrol can be sold for $0.9 in the US and Dangote has(in your opinion) to sell above #500 if that's not ripping off? I'm actually for 100% removal of subsidy but if people keep quiet i trust nigerian capitalists, they'll sell even at #1000.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Your postulations are one dimensional with due respect sir

The first responsibility for a government is to make life for it's citizens. My people are suffering and I must speak for them.

I've never ewrnee less then half a mil in over ten years. I have projects left right and centre. But I must speak against these slavist empires.

I repeat. I ain't broke. Dangote should let the country be. No nation bemfs it's laws for any citizen or company. None. Dangote is.manipulating Nnpc, CBN, Almost manipulatiled the electric generation and nlng.

My people are suffering. People can barely feed or live good lives anymore.. The people are the victims.
I think you are responding to the wrong person!!!! I never called you broke nor asked you for your financial worth. If you are doing well, good for you, my friend. wink

I'm saying Dangote is ripping nigerians off and one specimen brought car prices in america and was comparing to prices in Nigeria to excuse Dangote's ways.

I'm telling you (him as well) that Even with removal of subsidy dangote should be able to sell below #500 but then he is a capitalist. He is going to buy your national assembly and they'll pass laws against importation of petroleum products. grin
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 1:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
I think you are responding to the wrong person!!!! I never called you broke nor asked you for your financial worth. If you are doing well, good for you, my friend. wink

I'm saying Dangote is ripping nigerians off and one specimen brought car prices in america and was comparing to prices in Nigeria to excuse Dangote's ways.

I'm telling you (him as well) that Even with removal of subsidy dangote should be able to sell below #500 but then he is a capitalist. He is going to buy your national assembly and they'll pass laws against importation of petroleum products. grin

I speak for my peeps. Never said you called me broke or estimated my worth financially. People's lives and livehood is in total chaos

I'm sure you're abroad. Lives have shattered and it's just the beginning. I speak for these people

Buhari received loans and credits from international agency as COVID releif funds. Much recently he applied for 800 Mil dollars as subsidy removal palliative. These money's could have been used to setup modular refineries for the country's consumption

Plus, if all the country's private refineries are not working at the same time. Would we be wrong to say again that it's on purpose to serve Dangotes interest.

Nigerians have been suffering from time immemorial. Is it not enough?

They've eaten the flesh of the people. Now it's the bone they're eating. 90% of Nigerians are malnourished and can't feed themselves well. Let alone have a decent life

Anyone speaking for subsidy removal without asking for palliatives to improve the lifelihood of people doesn't know what he or she is saying.

Let's ask. What good came from the kerosense subsidy removal before we begin to priase fuel subsidy removal
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Great0ne1: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pierohandsome:
oga no where in the US that fuel is cheaper than Abuja.

The average cost of fuel in US is $1.012
Don't you feel stupid comparing the cost of petrol in usa and nigeria, while still ignoring the huge difference in minimum wages in the two countries
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by ednut1(m): 1:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Stop being petty. wink What's has phone quality got to do with facts on the internet.

Are you the one who posted the car to be certain it ain't worth $6k? Or you were the one who posted the #1.7m to know it was battered? Some of you are something else.

We know crude oil production is expensive. Can you justify why a litre of petrol can be sold for $0.9 in the US and Dangote has(in your opinion) to sell above #500 if that's not ripping off? I'm actually for 100% removal of subsidy but if people keep quiet i trust nigerian capitalists, they'll sell even at #1000.
fuel is sold at different amounts in different states in the usa. In Canada where i currently stay its 1.6 in Toronto and 1.4 in Calgary for example. Which is 550 in naira for the toronto price. It has risen to 2 dols at some point and 1 dol too. Dangote will likely start at 500 , when other refineries like Bua come into operation it may reduce price
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

I speak for my peeps. Never said you called me broke or estimated my worth financially. People's lives and livehood is in total chaos

I'm sure you're abroad. Lives have shattered and it's just the beginning. I speak for these people

Buhari received loans and credits from international agency as COVID releif funds. Much recently he applied for 800 Mil dollars as subsidy removal palliative. These money's could have been used to setup modular refineries for the country's consumption

Plus, if all the country's private refineries are not working at the same time. Would we be wrong to say again that it's on purpose to serve Dangotes interest.

Nigerians have been suffering from time immemorial. Is it not enough?

They've eaten the flesh of the people. Now it's the bone they're eating. 90% of Nigerians are malnourished and can't feed themselves well. Let alone have a decent life

Anyone speaking for subsidy removal without asking for palliatives to improve the lifelihood of people doesn't know what he or she is saying.

Let's ask. What good came from the kerosense subsidy removal before we begin to priase fuel subsidy removal
Anybody speaking in support of subsidy is not truthful to himself. It's not everything we should criticize government for. You have a budget of $30bn and you spend almost half on petrol alone. Then you turn around and cry that workers are poorly paid or that you don't have electricity. We're not a serious nation. Subsidy should go 100% but that doesn't mean petrol should be more than #400 if we refine here because we are a major producing country.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Anybody speaking in support of subsidy is not truthful to himself. It's not everything we should criticize government for. You have a budget of $30bn and you spend almost half on petrol alone. Then you turn around and cry that workers are poorly paid or that you don't have electricity. We're not a serious nation. Subsidy should go 100% but that doesn't mean petrol should be more than #400 if we refine here because we are a major producing country.

Smiles. Your perspectives

Good day
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by 9gerian: 1:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Not as simplistic as you put it. It is more of a symbiotic relationship. The FG needs to stop subsidy and needs local production. Fortunately, Dangote had noticed and prepared to help solve a huge chunk of the problem, hence the Dangote refineries.

Can Dangote or any other refinery enter the market against subsidized fuel? If yes, will that solve the problem of smuggling and having to subsidize the whole west Africa consumption?

Success1981:
Whether he is using strong voodoo on the various leaderships or they are part of the business. Nigeria's democracy has been so far created for Dangote because I remembered in 1999 when Obasanjo banned importation of cement and gave Dangote full monopoly of cement distribution and this is how subsequent administrations have been working for him aside Yaradua.
Just 2/3 days in the opening of Dangote refinery and this is what we get.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Wodu89: 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
9gerian:
Not as simplistic as you put it. It is more of a symbiotic relationship. The FG needs to stop subsidy and needs local production. Fortunately, Dangote had noticed and prepared to help solve a huge chunk of the problem, hence the Dangote refineries.

Can Dangote or any other refinery enter the market against subsidized fuel? If yes, will that solve the problem of smuggling and having to subsidize the whole west Africa consumption?

Incomplete narrative. If dangote got fg loans and got heavily subsidized dollar and would get crude at naira converted prices, why then should he sell above 250 Naira per litre. Tell us since fx is removed, customs, international shipping etc. Nigeria is a slave country
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by nisai: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
You mean Obi was planning to remove it solely for Dangote? Wow!
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by eteebanky1: 2:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
ednut1:
that is a old Nigerian used car which obviously is battered and damaged. Show us tokunbo like the one I posted

https://www.nairaland.com/7693927/1-month-registered-toyota-corolla

Na you dy mind the mumu
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by meekme(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
I would not insult this OP. Because his seemingly st*pid question has forced out revealing facts and enlightenment from other sources here. Thanks OP for asking this question. Thanks to you all brilliant and well informed minds for your credible answers.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Smiles. Your perspectives
Good day
Bye bye. wink
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
eteebanky1:

Na you dy mind the mumu
Na you mumu pass. wink
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Obaaderemi2: 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
ednut1:
fuel is sold at different amounts in different states in the usa. In Canada where i currently stay its 1.6 in Toronto and 1.4 in Calgary for example. Which is 550 in naira for the toronto price. It has risen to 2 dols at some point and 1 dol too. Dangote will likely start at 500 , when other refineries like Bua come into operation it may reduce price
I hope so.
Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by Blitzking: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Watch how they go after modular refineries now to favour a single man

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by 9gerian: 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
There’s no way I or anyone that is not part of the planning team can have the full picture even after they release the details they want to the public.

The reason is that planning will always include contingencies to cover unforeseen headwinds and circumstances. This was why the GMD of NNPCL was confident stating that prices will come down gradually.

The current prices are most likely put in place to help the petroleum marketers (who own filling stations) to prepare for higher depot prices, and not be able to create any fuss when the local refineries start and sell at market rates, which I suspect may slightly be reduced the price. And with more competition, the prices will be driven down further competitively. Here a responsible government will be proactive to ensure that there is no collaboration by refinery owners on pricing, and should use its influence and tax regimes to stabilize pricing favorably.

Finally, there is no easy way to remove the PMS subsidy because there are very strong forces who do not want that reign of free money to end, and they have a lot of hangers on who will do all to frustrate the stoppage.

Ultimately, most nations whether prudent or reckless are currently being confronted with rising energy costs and the threat of collapse due to Russia - Ukraine War and all tit for tat actions that is seriously fueling high inflation across the world economy. This was after the Covid disruptions. Hence the drastic measures everywhere. Just last week Tunisia joined the financially impacted nations that are slowly walking into insolvency. https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/tunisias-financial-crisis-leaves-sick-struggling-find-medicine-2023-06-01/

Some months ago it was Ghana: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-65622715.amp

Egypt: https://www.npr.org/2023/05/13/1176043847/people-struggle-to-afford-food-in-egypts-economic-crisis

It’s tough but continuing to leave things to chance may get even tougher, and usually at short notice. This must be avoided at all costs.

Finally, President Tinubu must reduce the cost of governance ASAP. The NLC on their part must insist and get involved to ensure that the government cuts down its own bloated costs of governance (especially in the National Assembly) to balance out the effects and have better economic gains for the nation.

Wodu89:

Incomplete narrative. If dangote got fg loans and got heavily subsidized dollar and would get crude at naira converted prices, why then should he sell above 250 Naira per litre. Tell us since fx is removed, customs, international shipping etc. Nigeria is a slave country

Re: Subsidy Removal Is Done Solely For Dangote by April4th(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
SalamRushdie:

!!!! You think we talk out of nothing? I only talk facts .. Gasoline in the state of Texas cost $3 a gallon ( 3.7 litres ) which means a gallon is 1890 Naira if we use the new exchange value of 630 Naira to a dollar , now divide 1890 by 3.7 to get the value in litre = 510 Naira per litre in Texas ..note that if we go further use the official CBN rate of 440 naira this will bring a litre in Texas to 356 naira a litre ...

Please what is the minimum wage in the United States for both skilled and unskilled labour.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If The Difference Between This Lastma Officer And Area Boys? / APC Finally Settles For Prof. Osibanjo As Buhari Running Mate - BBC / 70% Of Nigerians Have Lost Hope In Pres. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.