Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles (23413 Views)

Woman Dies As FRSC Officials Rescue Baby From Lone Accident In Ondo / Driver Speeds Off With FRSC Officer On Bonnet As FRSC Van Gives Chase / Are The Dedicated BRT Lanes In Lagos Now Free For All? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by odimbannamdi(m): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Samogloby:
Can you read again the jargon you are spewing out. Masses are meant to be suffered,why political appointees should be driving cars

Calm down. I am sure Hoelujohn was being sarcastic
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by ezegenigbonine: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Good idea
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Respect55(m): 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Go to Beijing today and see how chinese people are riding bicycles every where both on the roads and streets.

Are they riding it because of high cost of fuel or a way of exercising +

Olodo.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Go to Beijing today and see how chinese people are riding bicycles every where both on the roads and streets.

Go and be riding bike on third mainland bridge na cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by odimbannamdi(m): 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
Honsla:

Are you trying to be sarcastic or what?

He was
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by omenka(m): 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
November1857:
Lol ! This government is out to impoverished Nigerians.. grin grin grin grin
It is only in a country like Nigeria that people think riding bicycles is a mark of poverty.

You people really need to travel outside the shores of Africa. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by unite4real: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
I suspect they want to target revenue from Bicycle registration and insurance, including road worthiness

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by clockwisereport: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Daniel058:
Chai ! Na make some bicycle repaires relocate to Abuja Asap

I know a bicycle repairer back then in Nsukka. The man was doing well. After his demise, his son took over the shop at Lejja park in Nsukka. The guy is still there till date and is doing well for himself.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by IbroMaka(m): 9:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
If tricycle can be sold for over a million bucks and okada don pass half a million.... There's no way bicycle price won't soar high in few months

This country is really fvked!

By the way, how will physically challenged people ride bicycle?
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by unite4real: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cyberterror:
There are many ways of government easing the pain of subsidy removal aka palliatives. The government doesn't necessarily have to spend money to do this. The federal government can cut import duties by 50% for the next one year only. They can also cut excise duties for local manufacturing firms at the same rate and for the same duration. The states and local governments on their own part can stop collecting ticket revenues and daily levies from keke and bus operators in exchange for keeping transport prices at pre-removal rates for the next six months. Traders in their various markets can get similar reliefs.

But no matter the strategy that government adopts, petrol subsidy must never be reinstated no matter the pressure by enemies of Nigeria led by the NLC that are remote controlled by the defeated labour party.

You get oil for head. This is apt. But they will never listen
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

is Abuja Beijing?
80% of the workforce in abuja move from the outskirts of abuja to get to work each day. is it the same in Beijing?

Do you want people to ride bikes from Kuje, Area 1, LifeCamp, Lugbe, Kubwa, Mararaba to central area everyday?

una go just dey talk rubbish about something wey una get zero idea about.

Oga loosen up and understand sarcasm now grin
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by clockwisereport: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
seborrhic:
My issue here is the kind of journalists we have.
How can simple arithmetic of 185 to 500 be a more than 300% jump!
@topic,it's an idea but that means many people will arrive at their offices and places of business smelling of sweat

I remember my first time of travelling to northern Nigeria (ABU Zaria), I saw signposts that reads something like "Slow down, ABU is a cycling community". These students and staff of ABU do not smell of sweat in class and office.

Until I relocated to Azare(Bauchi state), I truly confirmed that northerners love bicycle. These boys dey carry bicycle dey do fast and furious.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Aurelius1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Reminds me of the song "Nine million bicycles in Beijing" by Katie Melua.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Thaddeus91: 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Bicycleisactually a good thing. But don't forget that those places it is used, there are pedestalfor bicycles and Bicycle parks where you can lock your bikes to secure it. And most of all, law abiding and careful drivers.
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Pat081: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
I think the FRSC boss has misused his drugs how many people will have the money to buy it, what of the family of more than 3 underage
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Benblaq(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Una dey make excuse for every failing government. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Pat081: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Respect55:

Are they riding it because of high cost of fuel or a way of exercising +

Olodo.
Thank you for the question bros
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by clockwisereport: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Same with Amsterdam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Babaibeji2020(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Don't mind them

Shebi the sunshine for Beijing dey craze like the one for Nigeria? 🤯

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Banbanna(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
November1857:
Lol ! This government is out to impoverished Nigerians.. grin grin grin grin
Make I follow you laff jare grin cheesy cheesy. Which kind climate change 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙞𝙨𝙢 be this sef? Na now daybreak abi? All the while they didn't raise this awareness about carbon footprint reduction. This is just too patronising mehn! They're acting as though some of us don't know these things.

Omo, I hope we don't get to really miss Buhari according to that comedian. Well, it's still early days sha. Hope is all we got.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by MoneyMustBMade(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigerians.never see anything more updates coming soon
Balablu children hope yoi guys are enjoying the economy too?

Stupid people

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by ambale(m): 10:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cyberterror:
There are many ways of government easing the pain of subsidy removal aka palliatives. The government doesn't necessarily have to spend money to do this. The federal government can cut import duties by 50% for the next one year only. They can also cut excise duties for local manufacturing firms at the same rate and for the same duration. The states and local governments on their own part can stop collecting ticket revenues and daily levies from keke and bus operators in exchange for keeping transport prices at pre-removal rates for the next six months. Traders in their various markets can get similar reliefs.

But no matter the strategy that government adopts, petrol subsidy must never be reinstated no matter the pressure by enemies of Nigeria led by the NLC that are remote controlled by the defeated labour party.

Even the subsidy shouldn't have been paid in cash at all, governments needs to reduce how they play with cash everywhere jere
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Neddyogu(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
Samogloby:
Can you read again the jargon you are spewing out. Masses are meant to be suffered,why political appointees should be driving cars
Na sarcasm naa

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by xukwaa: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2023
The humans who have travelled to Europe should know that same is applicable over there. It is either bicycle, train or trams...We need to imbibe that sense from now.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Originalsly: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hmmm..... so this is the full photo with the guy riding.... with body guards running along. Bus lanes aren't functioning... will bike lanes flourish? Man riding to work can get heart attack. With times so hard... who be even fat that will be riding to reduce? When finally reaching to work all sweaty and smelly.... wouldn't that be same as polluting the work environment? .... and where will bikes be kept?
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by superCleanworks(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Rayban25:
Oga loosen up and understand sarcasm now grin

Don't tell me it was sarcasm if you're not the one who made the comment i responded to.
Are you the poster's spokesman? Why are you rushing to use your mouth to chew pepper for another person?

it is only valid if the main person I quoted, replies and tells me it is sarcasm. Learn the ethics of conversation so you canrespond with intelligence.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

Don't tell me it was sarcasm if you're not the one who made the comment i responded to.
Are you the poster's spokesman? Why are you rushing to use your mouth to chew pepper for another person?

it is a whole different thing if the main person I quoted replies and tells me it is sarcasm.

You're still worked up..relax..most people on the thread know its sarcasm. Smile.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by superCleanworks(m): 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Rayban25:

You're still worked up..relax.. most people on the thread know its sarcasm. Smile.
so I am worked up because my response doesn't dance to your tone? try again
speak for yourself. you are in no position to respond on behalf of another except you are now a mind reader.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
superCleanworks:

speak for yourself. you are in no position to respond on behalf of another except you are now a mind reader.

I'm not the only one that said so..read from page 1 to 3 and smile.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by superCleanworks(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
Rayban25:

I'm not the only one that said so..read from page 1 to 3 and smile.

speak for yourself.
Re: Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles by nairalanda1(m): 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Cyberterror:

Someone is actually thinking!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria, Vietnam Sign Visa Waiver Deal For Diplomatic, Official Passport Holders / Nigerian Students In Turkey, North & South Cyprus, How Do You Survive? / Which Country Do You Wish To Migrate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.