Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy (32118 Views)

Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by LordBillionz: 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:
As if they were working before?
Mister, don't say what you don't know...
It's obvious you're simply ignorant.

Except transportation and products of Crude oil prices that just got hiked , we're yet to feel the effect of the removal.

It's on the way and till then, I hope you repeat what you just said above...

Most generation stations depend on crude oil by products to generate power which you may probably be enjoying unless you aren't.

It's for a little while, you will feel the impact..
A lot is about to increase including electricity tariff
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by sapele914(m): 8:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
foleskay:

As u lots were also wailing and gnashing teeth when Johnathan wanted to do the same in 2012. Okan yin o ni bale cheesy
Sorry to say, I am not as fickle minded as you, i wholly supported the subsidy removal in 2012, like I support it today, as much as things change, they tend to remain the same.

Wouldn’t blame incoherent children like yourself.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by sapele914(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
LordBillionz:

Mister, don't say what you don't know...
It's obvious you're simply ignorant.

Except transportation and products of Crude oil prices that just got hiked , we're yet to feel the effect of the removal.

It's on the way and till then, I hope you repeat what you just said above...

Most generation stations depend on crude oil by products to generate power which you may probably be enjoying unless you aren't.

It's for a little while, you will feel the impact..
A lot is about to increase including electricity tariff
Well those by products you are purportedly implying, have had their subsidies removed donkey years ago, it is petrol subsidy that we are referring to here.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Patriotsleague: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
No benefit in strike, rather force government to do more in investing in electric mass transit transportation services, as well as solar systems. NLC should work on increase in workers salaries, as well as subsidizing food stuffs by building government sponsored private managed processing and manufacturing units across Nigeria, this will compete and reduce cost of food stuffs, and consumables. NLC should be forward thinking, workers too suffer from strikes. Let's move Nigeria forward, no time for strikes. Subsidy has been removed, don't blame Tinubu for taking the bull by the horn, he knows the scam in the subsidy, hence he didn't want to pay for such a big scam.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Educate yourself please before embarrassing yourself in public. You know nothing about the issue in ground. Tinubu never removed fuel subsidy, he only refused in renewing it. Buhari government never made provision for subsidy beyond May.
So its no longer June,thieves in govt wants to loot the subsidy money in the budget for june
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Martinsmine(m): 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
strike for the money to spread.....
So when you go on strike, how will I get light? Na to go buy fuel to power my generator be that.
..making more money for the cabals and elites
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by foleskay(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
sapele914:
Sorry to say, I am not as fickle minded as you, i wholly supported the subsidy removal in 2012, like I support it today, as much as things change, they tend to remain the same.

Wouldn’t blame incoherent children like yourself.
Sane Nigerians also support subsidy removal but not in the dictatorial and draconial manner Tinubu is going about it. At least he should build one funtional refinery and roll out a six month palliative programmes that would cushion d ripple effects of subsidy removal.

Thats wht reasonable Nigerians ar saying ATM,but u zombies are too inept to decode
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Omoawoke: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
twilliamx:
The war by subsidy cabal has started. They will sponsor all sort of protest. Their number one ally is NLC and TUC

Oil smugglers too will join the protest, all of them go collect tear gas for face
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by GambaOsaka: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Beremx:
I support the strike 💯. Oshiomohole style of industrial action where the nation will be grounded

Lol

Who will be affected?
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by babajero(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:
This is the NLC president Ajaero at work. He was the Electricity Union leader before coming into NLC. He is definitely the one pulling the string of NUEE. Very stubborn man.

I remember during his time at NUEE, he shut down National Grid at will, like it is some sort of his personal toy. The thing is, he doesnt even know who he is joking with this time. By the time Tinubu is done with him. The corrupt petrol marketers sponsoring him, who are hellbent on running this country into ground; wont be able to save him. Even Peter Obi, his eastern brother will pity him.

Anytime a student misbehaved, and bask in its glory, one of my professor back then in school will always say:
"Leave him alone, Let him 'dance'. Pride goes, before a fall. We will all be here to see how it ends"
Why do you think it was reasonable and fair for tinubu to support strike and protest in 2012 when subsidy was removed by Goodluck Jonathan but now against the same strike and protest. At least during Goodluck Jonathan Nigeria was flourishing while now under your buhari tinubu and apc Nigeria is suffering and still removal of subsidy was implemented without succor.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by ade4real2016: 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

It's a only a dumb lazy ass nigga like ya say a thing like this....Manufacturer Association of Nigeria Will never reason that way...
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:
This is the NLC president Ajaero at work. He was the Electricity Union leader before coming into NLC. He is definitely the one pulling the string of NUEE. Very stubborn man.

I remember during his time at NUEE, he shut down National Grid at will, like it is some sort of his personal toy. The thing is, he doesnt even know who he is joking with this time. By the time Tinubu is done with him. The corrupt petrol marketers sponsoring him, who are hellbent on running this country into ground; wont be able to save him. Even Peter Obi, his eastern brother will pity him.

Anytime a student misbehaved, and bask in its glory, one of my professor back then in school will always say:
"Leave him alone, Let him 'dance'. Pride goes, before a fall. We will all be here to see how it ends"
U fail to realise Ajearo is an Edo man🤣🤣
Tinubu can only bark. Obaseki already tot him a lesson that Edo nor be Yoruba land.
The last time NLC was active was during Oshiomole tenure (another Edo man)
So guy relax. Tinubu is only a god in Yoruba lands. He craze nor go ever come to an Edo man
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Annahh(f): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Premium darkness looms.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by egoldman(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:

MUGU, after ranting you go still buy fuel over 500, your foodstuff increased over 50% same as ur transport fares.

Yet you are on nairaland supporting the same man who put into this meaa by his reckless announcement, nobi juju be that?
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Lhanre(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:
grin grin grin
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by stampo: 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
[My brother I tire]
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by drugBaronTINUBU: 9:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
twilliamx:
The war by subsidy cabal has started. They will sponsor all sort of protest. Their number one ally is NLC and TUC
Tinubu also used them against Jonathan na
What goes around comes around
Nor cry too much
Beside NLC president is an Edo man
Oshiomole vs OBJ loading
Obaseki Edo nor be Lagos 😂
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Godsonkemz(m): 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
successmatters:

No difference when they are working and when on strike.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Karufi: 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
If you strike, don't come to collect NEPA bill o.
If you do........ Wahala maa sele
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by toneroforever(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Las Las ur eye don clear
Thought you guys were planning to boycott the strike in the SW.
Use ur brain for once
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by sprints1: 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
So we no go get light again. It is finished. I don't know what Putin is still waiting 4 press the godamn button and Nuke☢️ us all into oblivion. Radarada people everywhere. Person go wake up go reason how to chop repeat the same cycle everyday.
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by KINGKONG(m): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:

THRASH!!!!
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
They are also seeking to be notice by the new administration.
In a nutshell, what has been good about Nigeria's electricity that really worth an industrial action
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by adambest(m): 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by spiralwedge(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Who else came to check the name of the name of the person calling the strike?

Lol … sons of b!tch£s who never want anything to work anyways once thinhs don’t go their way
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Wetin concern electric workers with fuel to begin strike for masses abi na generator dem dey use power Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by Penguin2: 10:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
frankson1:

How is PAT implementing the subsidy removal?

So you don’t know how BAT is implementing the fuel subsidy removal?

Are you not in Nigeria?
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by BOUNTYDOG(m): 10:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
BOUNTYDOG:
Wetin concern electric workers with fuel to begin strike for masses abi na generator dem dey use power Nigeria?

Maybe those that bribe dem to take light so dey can sell fuel no still see fuel sell so no more bribe
Re: Electricity Workers To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over Fuel Subsidy by grandstar(m): 10:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
lhordspy:

Why would corrupt petrol marketers be sponsoring him? They are beneficiaries of the subsidy removal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NAF Attacks Boko Haram Terrorist Locations In Borno, Kills Many Of Them(video) / Ocholi's Driver Had No Driver's Licence - FRSC / Buhari Has Only Fulfilled One Campaign Promise – Buharimeter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.