Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, (21568 Views)

Send NYSC DG To Prison - Enugu Governor Mbah Begs Court / Governor Mbah Meets President Tinubu, Asks For Nnamdi Kanu’s Release / Governor Mbah Declares End To Sit-At-Home In Enugu, Begs For Nnamdi Kanu Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by niel63(m): 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
jmoore:

Emeka knows the value of life. Do you? Which reasonable father will take his kids to school when police can't protect the kids from terrorists. Emeka knows better than you.

Even the banks can't risk an attack on their facilities.

Sit at home is on because of no confidence in Nigeria police.

Bro the whole Nigerian security system. They only know how to prey on the poor and innocent.

I was a victim of the sit at home once... I complained but then, I realised the world does not revolve around just me. The Igbos have a long lasting history of being very stubborn. And you can either beat them to it, or you join them. There's a slave landing in FACT that's still recorded hisorically... Na them. Shey you get? Na their blood.
Even when I see wetin the military dey do sef, me sef no come dey blame dem again sef.

if your protector becomes your oppressor, then you do anyhow you like.

It's a simple phylosophy... If you can't be there, I think, there are about 30 more states that does businesses on mondays. Just Move.

I did the same.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by jmoore(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
Squirrel1:
the police you killed and ate their flesh? Lmao

Y'all are like American black people. You burn down facilities, kill and hate the cops and then need them when u are in danger. Lol. Shut has hit the fan dude y'all gonna be sitting at home for a long ass while
So poorly funded terrorists are killing Nigerian police that are trained to extort money from motorists and you are proud to admit it that your police is weak.

Clap for yourself!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Landmine1: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
ThatFairGuy:
Why are you trying to paint it as something honourable?

Isn't it because they're scared of being killeddd by Terrorist Ipob hence they were forced to sit at home.

You should be ashamed not making it seem it's a norm
the government and rich have manipulated and deceived people into thinking working is an achievement and resting is for the lazy. Yet they pay you minimum wages. The society today is fûcked beyond repair.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by yahmohy27: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
jmoore:

Emeka knows the value of life. Do you? Which reasonable father will take his kids to school when police can't protect the kids from terrorists. Emeka knows better than you.

Even the banks can't risk an attack on their facilities.

Sit at home is on because of no confidence in Nigeria police.
Correct
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by freemanq(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Power don enter his head he started misbehaving just like an idiot.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
STUPID ANNOUCEMENT WITHOUT ACTION, angrydont allow anybody to use you as sacrifice angry
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by bentenny(m): 1:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Firstly,you cannot give such directive as a governor knowing that you do not even have the power to protect them!
Secondly,this sit at home will continue until the residents discover that there is adequate security to protect them and their properties!

This should have been the right time for the national assembly to bring up state and local government/community policing..however,their utmost concern is who becomes speaker and senate president!
Very sad!

I repeat....no president can secure the entire nation without the inclusion of state and local policing!
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Justpassingby45(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
Ever8090:
if that is what you guys want, be prepared to sit at home for another 150 years😁

Then Why are you crying
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by onuman: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
A man who did not win the governship election stands to be opposed by the electorate.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Cromagnon: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Emergingnation3:
in your unity begging mind abi...
begging how. Is it not you that is suffering begging to leave?
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Y'all wasting your time and killing yourselves over nothing. You want Biafra but you don't want to go to war. Dey play.

We don't want war,we have seen war... but we won't shy away from confrontations and problems from outside influence trying to tell us what to do..

We know our rights,our roots,our traditions and beliefs so you continue dey Play..

GO AND READ THE MEANING OF NO V NO V
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Larryndelaw: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Obi is from..these region and he can't use his "leadership skills " to bring peace to his region. and he wanted to govern Nigeria. Nonsense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Angelfrost(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
Governor just dey stress himself...!

Those people love those Monday holidays! tongue
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
Can’t say i blame them….even though i still posit this sit-at-home thing has long since been called off and, either by omission or commission, is now being driving primarily by non-Igbo outsiders!

Funny thing is, the Buhari and now Tinubu central gov’ts know exactly what to do to help reduce tension and eventually see to the end of this sit-at-home: just submit to the superior wisdom of the courts….obey their ruling on the immediate release of Mazi Kanu! But they WOULD’NT! Make of that what you may!

State or regional police is yet another measure that would nip in the bud the problem of insecurity…not just in the south-east but all other regions of the country as well, but pigs will first learn how to fly before a Buhari or Tinubu gov’t would see to that! They’ve spent 8 years so far, and they don’t seem to even care about the three biggest issues of the restructuring they’ve been pretending since pre-2015 to support: regional/state policing; resource ownership/control; and TRUE fiscal federalism!

I previously said that hardly much would change with a Tinubu presidency….especially in the central gov’ts relationship and treatment of the Igbo, and you all can see i’m being proven right! They just handed the baton of oppression from one region/ethnicity to the other! Notice the senseless killings and insecurity in the north hasn’t abated….something most casual observers would expect to have happened with ‘power returning to the south’ as some deceptively posit!
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by chrisooblog: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Proclamations and executive orders are easy to give but the actual enforcement is the koko. The governor has to find a way to make it in the interest of Enugu State residents to ignore sit at home orders.

Emergingnation3:
Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-At-Home; Economic, Other Activities Grounded

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/05/enugu-residents-shun-governor-mbahs-directive-ban-sit-home-economic-other-activities
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Squirrel1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
jmoore:

So poorly funded terrorists are killing Nigerian police that are trained to extort money from motorists and you are proud to admit it that your police is weak.

Clap for yourself!
classic Easterner always blameless and turning sense upside down. Clown. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Billygee2u: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
Penguin2:
The governor is very stupid.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Reference(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Cooly100:
This needs a political solution.

I tell you.
Civil disobedience is a very powerful tool.... broke Yankee Doodle, broke Apartheid.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Kingpele(m): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
[quote author=SpecialAdviser post=123587062]
You that is not doing yourself, are you better than them?[don't mind that foolish fool

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by TheFreshVanilla: 2:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tell you what to do? You people don't even have a voice. A region wants to break free from a fantastically corrupt country like Nigeria and you don't want war? Y'all morons. Biafra is dead on arrival.
OloYeOfEgbE:

We don't want war,we have seen war... but we won't shy away from confrontations and problems from outside influence trying to tell us what to do..

We know our rights,our roots,our traditions and beliefs so you continue dey Play..

GO AND READ THE MEANING OF NO V NO V
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by fareed69(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
It's obvious the south east people are enjoying this sit at home

They like it . I was in Owerri month ago and I experienced this sit at home first hand . During the morning of Monday, you see the youths sitted outside in large numbers drinking and catching fun.
Ooni
They just like it if you ask me

My brother no one love sitting at home particularly on a Monday.
Am from the SW I work and stay in Enugu, no one wants to be made a scape goat by this boys , they at times come out on some Monday move around town, and they see anyone doing business they burn such shops and at times intercept vehicles on the road burn them and even kill people.
The government needs to put security in place on Monday and everyday.
Even the Police man you won't see them patrolling on Mondays neither do you see them wearing Uniform around.
We are not enjoying it but what can we do?
It's better to be alive to tell the story.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by GboyegaD(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

They like it . I was in Owerri month ago and I experienced this sit at home first hand . During the morning of Monday, you see the youths sitted outside in large numbers drinking and catching fun.

You might think they like it but the truth is why would they put their lives on the line?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by fareed69(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Penguin2:
The governor is very stupid.

God bless you.
He has all the security apparatus to guide him and you want the ordinary man to start coming out.
He is very stupid indeed.
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by RecessionistPMB: 2:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
[color=#990000][/color]
Uwa wu ofu mbia! Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣
LagosFirstSon:

Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Thomasankara(m): 2:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
[/color]non state actors has taken over the realm of affairs in the south east😲[color=#770077]
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by OloYeOfEgbE: 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Tell you what to do? You people don't even have a voice. A region wants to break free from a fantastically corrupt country like Nigeria and you don't want war? Y'all morons. Biafra is dead on arrival.

You cannot stop ordinary sit at home, you want stop wetin big passes anything you can ever imagine..

TuEH jare
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by Ever8090: 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
Justpassingby45:

Then Why are you crying
who is crying?...I am in Edo state secretariat right now and every other Mondays doing my thing so why should I cry because some mumu Igbos are sitting at home?..
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by jogojogo: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
OVB123:
We want our leader release, that is all we are asking for. Do this for us, we will stop the sit at home order,
Pls don't stop
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by ufuosman(m): 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Dere cup of tea
Re: Enugu Residents Shun Governor Mbah’s Directive On Ban On Sit-at-home; Economic, by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
MBA IS AN OCCULT MASTER THAT WANTS TO SUCK THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT CITIZENS / RESIDENTS OF ENUGU STATE BUT HIS OWN BLOOD AND THAT OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS AND THEIR GENERATIONS UNBORN IS WHAT WILL BE WASTED.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defaced Posters Of Jimi Agbaje On Third Mainland Bridge (Photo) / JTF Arrest Boko-Haram Members In Search Of Food / Buhari Meets With The 36 State Chairmen Of APC & That Of FCT (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.