Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,774 members, 7,862,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria (6304 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / Lagosians Commend PHCN For Improved Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Sep 30, 2011
Mr. Globe:

^ sit down. You no get light for your house oh.
PS: that hug transformer cliche is played out. Maybe you no play when you small or when people dey use am you bin still dey play for sand
Beaf is right on this one, Gas turbine would generate power more than 10 dams put together and the NIPP is trying to do away with hydro power stations, they are soon going to be used just for irrigation and water storage only
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by sartorius(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2011
Nigerians are so funny< first i acknowledge that gej appointed a competent minister< but the current imporved power supply cant only be attributed to his mere 9mnths or there abt or the 100 days spent by barth nnaji, however there is a roadmap, thats cheery. political will would be necessary visavis privatisation of phcn. acknowledgement must however go to the NIPP instituted by OBJ, several IPPs are now coming on stream adding greatly to the national GRid. THIS yEars rainfall was on record highs, so the hydro dams are on full turtle.I hope that the are encouraged and determined to invest much more time political will and money, so that the middle class can reinvent itself
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2011
sartorius:

Nigerians are so funny< first i acknowledge that gej appointed a competent minister< but the current imporved power supply cant only be attributed to his mere 9mnths or there abt or the 100 days spent by barth nnaji, however there is a roadmap, thats cheery. political will would be necessary visavis privatisation of phcn. acknowledgement must however go to the NIPP instituted by OBJ, several IPPs are now coming on stream adding greatly to the national GRid. THIS yEars rainfall was on record highs, so the hydro dams are on full turtle.I hope that the are encouraged and determined to invest much more time political will and money, so that the middle class can reinvent itself
GUy leave these Hydro power stations, have you been to one? well I have the turbines are like 30 years Old and we all know what that means.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Dokai: 11:13am On Oct 01, 2011
Its normal for the power supply to increase during the rainy season! The damns have more water and thus more power supply. If it remains high in the dry season then you can judge !
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2011
Post modified by handler.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Gbenge77(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2011
We shall have to wait and see if this can be sustained.thats the real challenge.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by asudan: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2011
you right but can?t conclude until after rainy season.
dirtymoney:

sychophants! sychophants!! sychophants!!! d same nairalanders that give names to GEj are same people praising him. so because d power sector has improved, every one is now behind d 'Ree-tar-deen, d Fisher-man, d Slow dude and so on' i think atom sized minded people should learn to stop critisizing people, by d way if anyone of u would have d chance to rule this country, NONE would perform better. that was by the way, where i am serving in d north, adamawa state. there has been constant high-voltaged power-supply for the past one month. and d installations that PHCN are carrying out has not been completed yet! i wonder wat electricity would be like after everytin has been put in place.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by Parnassuss(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2011
Electricity always increases during therainning season. That said, its never increased this much that i remember! I hope this power road map does work, cos i swear GEJ might have spent as much as OBj did in his entire 8 years on power this last yr alone.
Re: Improved Power Supply Cuts Energy Cost 25% In Nigeria by netotse(m): 7:23pm On Oct 01, 2011
Parnassuss:

Electricity always increases during therainning season. That said, its never increased this much that i remember! I hope this power road map does work, cos i swear GEJ might have spent as much as OBj did in his entire 8 years on power this last yr alone.

I like the might you put in your statement, if not for that you for don gawk am. . .

how much did GEJ meet in the excess crude? he cant have spent up to a 5th of what OBJ spent(truth is when the NIPPs come on stream it'll be OBJ we should be thanking)

Power-wise GEJ is making the correct moves (he's too slow for me but they are being extremely thorough sha).

In other sectors the guy don fall my hand finish!

BTW, the improvement in electricity associated with the rainy season does not show up until the end of the rainy season, that's when the dam levels will be full.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Built The Road To Buhari's Village (pictures) / Nwabufo: Parties Should Zone Presidential Ticket On Competence Not Ethnicity / The Result Of The 1979 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.