Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies (201 Views)

Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / Do Mermaids Really Exist??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Mikel99(m): 1:56am On Jun 06, 2023
I have read and heard about people dying and coming back to life. I think death in the religious sense should mean cessation of life when it is one's appointed time. God giving second chance
to some people doesn't seem right and looks unjust. I have even read about cases of people going to hell and heaven and coming back to the world to tell their experiences. Doesn't this look contradictory to the Bible where it is clearly written that after man's death comes judgement. I am confused as to why God after judging a man and sentencing him to eternal damnation will still send him back to the world. Is this right? Imagine a well qualified judge after sentencing a criminal to death telling the court that he should be free. Won't you question his sanity?
Tell me, there are many lost souls with minor sins burning eternally in hell right now. Some have been there for centuries. Why can't God give those people second chance at life. There are people in hell more worthy and with lesser sins than those who are given second chances. Why can't God consider those? Why give a person with many sins a second chance and deny a better person that. Is God's grace not to be about giving men what they deserve?This will make God look like an imperfect God who does not know how to do His job.
Without wasting time and space, I think those people claiming this are liars. Their descriptions of the afterlife don't match at all. I have read about a man who said hell is like a prison. I have read about another who said that hell is like a field where sinners are packed together in an inferno. What is surprising is that those people claimed to be men of God.
I will like to ask this- Is God a God of confusion?
Is He himself not confused?
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Mikel99(m): 2:06am On Jun 06, 2023
Please I don't want kobojunkie's opinion on this. She is not very reasonable.
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Mikel99(m): 2:12am On Jun 06, 2023
Janosky
MaxIntheHouse
Righteousness
TenQ
Truthfulness
I need your good opinions on this matter.
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Mikel99(m): 2:25am On Jun 06, 2023
And please a good Samaritan should please send me a card of ₦100 MTN. 09139184354
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 06, 2023
Nothing like that. No heaven, hell, second coming or resurrection!
Lastly, no G(g)od(s)
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by honesttalk21: 2:33am On Jun 06, 2023
You get many chances when you are alive. There may be near death experiences for some which may include resuscitation after noting loss of vital signs of the living.

When you die depending on where you are to spend eternity you could experience a pleasurable or terrible after life but these pale in comparison to hell and paradise.

This station will be after judgement day. There are various levels of hell and paradise too.
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Mikel99(m): 2:39am On Jun 06, 2023
I am talking about people who actually said they died. Theirs are different from those of those who experience NDE.
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 06, 2023
honesttalk21:
You get many chances when you are alive. There may be near death experiences for some which may include resuscitation after noting loss of vital signs of the living.

When you die depending on where you are to spend eternity you could experience a pleasurable or terrible after life but these pale in comparison to hell and paradise.

This station will be after judgement day. There are various levels of hell and paradise too.
How do you know this, and how do we confirm it?
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Maximus692(m): 4:47am On Jun 06, 2023
Mikel99:
Janosky
MaxIntheHouse
Righteousness
TenQ
Truthfulness

The answer is NO!

Satan and his demons are the ones making it all up to mislead people {Revelation 12:9} when people die the only hope is resurrection we all live once! Hebrews 9:27
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by paxonel(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2023
Mikel99:
I Doesn't this look contradictory to the Bible
No,
There are no contradictions in the bible, not even one

where it is clearly written that after man's death comes judgement.

In the physical realm the body of the believer dies, that's what people see. But in the spiritual realm, his spirit is given a new body to live on. That is resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

And this process of resurrection or giving a new body to a dead believer takes place immediately after death. It happens within a twinkling of the eye.

When you blink your eyes how long is the moment inbetween?
Within that moment of blinking the eyes(because death is actually blinking the eyes) judgement has taken place in the spirit rhelm and in the physical rhelm, the believer is justified to have resurrection with a new body entirely,and he will be born into the womb of another woman as a new born baby to continue living.(1 Timothy 2:15)

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we(our body) shall be changed.

I am confused as to why God after judging a man and sentencing him to eternal damnation will still send him back to the world.
This one isn't a Christian doctrine talkless of it being biblical, where did you get it from, only atheists do have these type of wrong notions about Christianity?
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by Honchoslim16(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2023
It's all lies!
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by TenQ: 7:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Mikel99:
Janosky
MaxIntheHouse
Righteousness
TenQ
Truthfulness
While a person is ALIVE, he has many second chances.

Unfortunately, after a person dies, there exist no more second chance.

Hebrews 9:27
says, “People are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.”

Of course, there will be a change of heart BUT it is too late to even bother with Plea for Mercy
Luk 16:23-25:
"And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and sees Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and you are tormented."
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by sonmvayina(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
DISPELLING FEAR OF THE “UNFORGIVABLE SIN”

One winter day, I received a call from Robert, a Jewish man who had accepted Christianity. He asked if we could meet for lunch and discuss the Jewish perspective of numerous bible passages, which he believed proved that Jesus was the messiah and his “personal savior.”

For several hours we carefully examined these passages. I pointed out that they were either mistranslated or read out of context. At the same time, we also explored the Jewish understanding of these passages. Robert was shocked that in several instances they had nothing to do with the Jewish messiah.

During subsequent conversations, Robert and I spoke about the spiritual beauty of Judaism and how it is a path to a meaningful life and a personal relationship with God. He agreed that Jewish survival, despite thousands of years of persecution, was miraculous and demonstrates that God did not reject the Jewish people.

Robert expressed his desire to return to his Jewish heritage. However, he told me he was terrified because he had been warned that if he ever rejected Jesus, he would be committing an “unforgivable sin” (Mark 3:28) and never get a second chance at salvation.

Hearing the fear in his voice, I patiently explained that the idea of an “unforgivable sin” is not a Jewish belief and is not found anywhere in the Jewish Bible. I also pointed out that some Christian theologians reject the idea of an unforgivable sin and consider it a dogmatic misinterpretation of the New Testament.

Judaism’s perspective on this crucial issue is validated in this week’s Torah portion, Behaloscha (Numbers 8:1-12:16), which describes individuals who receive a second chance to connect to God. If, for example, they cannot present a Passover offering due to defilement by ritual impurity, God decreed (Numbers 9:6-11) that they could give their offering one month later, on a holiday known as Pesach Sheni—the second Passover.

Although God desires that we pursue a life of goodness and holiness, we are not expected to be perfect. If perfection were the only option for humanity, God would not have provided the means to repent and rectify our mistakes. This idea is beautifully stated by the prophet Joel, who stated, “Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate” (Joel 2:13).

Giving us a second chance is a beautiful demonstration of God’s compassion and mercy. We see this in the words of King David when he says, “God is full of mercy and forgives sin” (Psalms 78:38). The book of Daniel says God hears our prayers and forgives transgression “Not because of our righteousness, but because of [His] great compassion” (Daniel 9:18).

God loves us no matter how severe the transgression, saying, “Return to Me and I will return to you” (Zechariah 1:3).

Why would some Christians take such a radical and literal position and promote the idea of an unforgivable sin?

Based on Dr. William Sargant’s groundbreaking work, Battle for the Mind, it appears that the “unforgivable sin” argument may be used as a form of brainwashing to frighten and coerce individuals. The intention is that they will not question or deny fundamentalist Christian beliefs.

The opposite is true of Judaism, which encourages questioning. This is highlighted on Passover when children are encouraged to ask the Four Questions. Moreover, critical thinking is promoted by King Solomon when he says, “The first to state his case seems right until someone examines him” (Proverbs 18:17).

Moreover, those Christians who reject the unforgivable sin point out that the New Testament says, “Examine everything carefully” (I Thessalonians 5:21) and “Test the spirits to see whether they are from God” (I John 4:1).

God gives us many gifts, including a mind with which to make thoughtful and meaningful decisions. Although faith plays an essential role in Judaism, it does not exempt us from thinking, as it says, “A wise man will hear and increase in learning” (Proverbs 1:5).

Robert’s fears and questions were satisfactorily addressed and he enthusiastically returned to Judaism and the heritage of his ancestors.

This Shabbat is a special opportunity for each of us to contemplate God’s compassion and explore and rededicate ourselves to Judaism’s moral and spiritual teachings.
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by hashtagged(m): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mikel99:
I have read and heard about people dying and coming back to life. I think death in the religious sense should mean cessation of life when it is one's appointed time. God giving second chance
to some people doesn't seem right and looks unjust. I have even read about cases of people going to hell and heaven and coming back to the world to tell their experiences. Doesn't this look contradictory to the Bible where it is clearly written that after man's death comes judgement. I am confused as to why God after judging a man and sentencing him to eternal damnation will still send him back to the world. Is this right? Imagine a well qualified judge after sentencing a criminal to death telling the court that he should be free. Won't you question his sanity?
Tell me, there are many lost souls with minor sins burning eternally in hell right now. Some have been there for centuries. Why can't God give those people second chance at life. There are people in hell more worthy and with lesser sins than those who are given second chances. Why can't God consider those? Why give a person with many sins a second chance and deny a better person that. Is God's grace not to be about giving men what they deserve?This will make God look like an imperfect God who does not know how to do His job.
Without wasting time and space, I think those people claiming this are liars. Their descriptions of the afterlife don't match at all. I have read about a man who said hell is like a prison. I have read about another who said that hell is like a field where sinners are packed together in an inferno. What is surprising is that those people claimed to be men of God.
I will like to ask this- Is God a God of confusion?
Is He himself not confused?

Every breath you take, every waking moment is a second chance. We are all under his mercies. Our father can easily lay waste of sinners in a second but he gives us time and time so that many more will be saved
Re: Does Second Chance Really Exist Or Just Lies by bobestman(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Life is a school system where you come to correct the mistakes of your past life. The will of God is that all men attain immortality. That is the only way you can see the God of heaven. You can't see him as a dead man. To become an immortal you have to pass your text/exams on earth. If you fail you repeat class/return/reincarnate to continue your exams or tests. Those who pass ancend into the heavens to sit with God as one of the 24 elders. They return to earth as masters to teach the ignorant ones decieved by religion when needed. Examples of such ppl are Enoch, Elijah, Christ etc they were taken up. Psalm 24 talk about it. Paul said it. Your ancestors knew and experienced it before your religions came and told you it is all lies. Reincarnation ends at the last day. You keep coming till you pass. Though not for all. At the last day shall ppl be judged. You can only see God as a living not dead. Religion is full of errors and corruption. Their are many chances via reincarnation

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Thank God / RE: Celestial Church Threat To Salvation Ministry Elapse Today / Would God Have Murdered These Innocent Belivers Without Abraham's Intervention?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.