Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million (4271 Views)

Peter Obi And LP's Case Dismissed At PEPT / 25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / FCT Case Just Got Solved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by kcnwaigbo: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2023
Jogs1900:

Did they fine the lawyer or not?Was the case dismissed or not?
Does this judgement in anyway affect case at the election tribunal? Yes or No?
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Jogs1900: 11:08am On Jun 06, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Does this judgement in anyway affect case at the election tribunal? Yes or No?
What was the intention of those that instituted the case if not to cause confusion.

Even at the tribunal, its going to be thrown away because its senseless .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by OAFMods: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2023
Why ain't you telling the fools hyping you like ipob n Obidaftis that your case as been trash into gutter of foolishness where it right belong.

SalamRushdie:
INEC lawyers seems to have gaffed and put the whole Judiciary in the bulls eye

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by alasane: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
The case was dismissed because it was supposed to be presented at the PEPT.The court did not rule on the substance of the case rather on just jurisdiction.

See them

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by seunowa(f): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
Jostoman:
see useless headline, the guy case was dismissed because of lack of juridiction, the guy wasnt part of the candidate that contested the presidential election so the judge is telling that the guy that he doesnt have the right to bring such case to court in the first place. So Stop misleading people with your nonsense headline. Those candidate that have the right to challenge the 25% in court are already doing so in the election tribunal.
I know that you are brainless like obi pandora. You will be given a bitter lesson at the tribunal because I don’t know when Abuja residents become superior to other states of the federation.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Alliswell248: 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Good one.
Lawyers would hence forth be more civil in the discharge of their works.

Ipob lawyer.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by francisobiabo(m): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
You will live long for asking this very important question...
ryloy:

grin grin angry grin

I don't know when FCT residents become first class citizens.
While residents of other states where the president did not have 25% become 3rd class citizens
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by DaFuhrer(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Na wa oo, to go court under this Tinubu govt dey risky ooo, U fit from there carry gbese for head oo if you are not careful

werey grin grin grin
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by decub: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Na wa oo, to go court under this Tinubu govt dey risky ooo, U fit from there carry gbese for head oo if you are not careful
I tell you.

Make we just dey settle out of court.

They will soon become redundant as people no go wan near courtroom again.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Okoroawusa: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
The case was dismissed because it was supposed to be presented at the PEPT.The court did not rule on the substance of the case rather on just jurisdiction.
Oya go and rule on the substance nah
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by LordIsaac(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
HahahHhahah

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Jostoman: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
seunowa:

I know that you are brainless like obi pandora. You will be given a bitter lesson at the tribunal because I don’t know when Abuja residents become superior to other states of the federation.
is that the reason why you are posting fake headline.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darammliveth:
The 25% in FCT saga seems to be over.

It's not over, it was dismissed because the court has no locus to entertain it.

It is already ongoing in PEPT.

This ruling has nothing to do with that issue in PEPT.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by WATCHOVER(m): 2:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
GeneralPula:

Ordinary simple English, they couldn’t comprehend..

I’m waiting for the kind fine wey dem go slam ontop Obi regarding that drug issue he petitioned against Tinubu. By the time Wole Olanipekun starts with Lp, them go sweat!

Just sit back and Let the main hearing starts..
Olanipekun is just overhyped I bet you he will lose
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Iyke2525: 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
Farm available for sale at Elewe-eran Abeokuta, behind the police headquarters. The farm is still functional.
Features:
Grasscutter section
Rabbit section
Catfish section
BSF section
Chicken section
Snail section.
Facilities: borehole, fenced , solar system, Farm house and office, two toilets. I'll also give you my current customers that buy goods of over 40 million Naira annually . Contact: 09022704828 or favorcleaning01@gmail.com.
The price is #15, 000, 000

Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Darammliveth(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

It's not over, it was dismissed because the court has no locus to entertain it.

It is already ongoing in PEPT.

This ruling has nothing to do with that issue in PEPT.

Okay. Thanks for your take.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by bdon123(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
ryloy:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-court-dismisses-suit-filed-by-five-fct-residents-against-tinubus-inauguration/amp
Fine for somebody wey go court?some Idiot are even celebrating a rape of justice happening in d courts.
I mean how do u fine somebody that carry matter to court?no be to jst dismiss d case if it lacks merit?mind u,1 day it will be done to u...remember d judiciary is last hope of common man.if an agrieved person cant go to court confidently becos his scared d judge might fine am join then we hav a very big problem.Anyway,this is d kind of rascality we were avoiding wit tinubu govt
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
grin
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
ryloy:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-court-dismisses-suit-filed-by-five-fct-residents-against-tinubus-inauguration/amp
Shebi dem tell ddem. But go dey do like say them PROGRAMMED dem or dem get AUTISM go dey REPEAT SAME WORDS/ SAME THING
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by Heffalump(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
seunmsg:

The lawyer will have to face disciplinary action in addition to the N20m fine. It will get worse if he appeals. I’m glad our Judges are now standing their ground and dealing with some of these clowns called lawyers.

The case about 25% in the FCT is a Constitutional matter and does not lack any jurisdiction and fair hearing by any competent court.

Where the young lawyers (Apellants) goofed was that, in law you are not expected to submit a case in the court whose jurisdiction is pending in another court for hearing. LP & PDP as a political party already have this case being challenged in court. So why the rush and anxiety to resubmit same.
It's not yet uhuru for Mr. Amoda, mind you.
Re: 25% In FCT Case Dismissed, Lawyer Fined ₦‎20 Million by netricoin: 6:36am On Jun 16, 2023
Jogs1900:

What was the intention of those that instituted the case if not to cause confusion.

Even at the tribunal, its going to be thrown away because its senseless .
But every part of the 1999 constitution is important even when it doesn't make sense, don't you know that even having the highest votes may not make sense, for example a candidate can loss in 25 States and use 11 states to score the highest votes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame / Ibrahim Tukur El-sudi Appointed Chair Of Capital Market Probe / D Truth Behind Dangote’s Wealth, D Cabal,tokunbo Ban And Impoverishing Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.