Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame (4276 Views)

Tafa Balogun Arrived Court In Handcuffs (Throwback Pic) / Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by chrisokw: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2007
Ehindero Implicated

• Commissioner of police, DSP arrested

Just a few days after his appointment as the acting inspector-general of police and his declaration that he would fight corruption in the force, Mr. Mike Okiro is having his first test. Senior officers caught red-handed as they were smuggling money allegedly belonging to Okiro’s predecessor Sunday Ehindero out of Louis Edet House, the police headquarters in Abuja, have been arrested.

A vehicle containing the value of N27 million in both hard currency and the Nigerian currency was yesterday evening intercepted by eagle-eyed policemen at the main gate of Louis Edet House.

Already, the commissioner of police in charge of budget, Mr. John Obaniyi, and his personal assistant, DSP Olu Monday who was ferrying the money out of the office have been arrested by the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) men for questioning. Soon to join Obaniyi and Monday is the immediate IGP Ehindero who was suspected to be the true owner of the money.

The two policemen were said to have perfected plans to run away with the money and possibly abandon the force but, unknown to them, the information had leaked to

the new IG Okiro who directed his plain-clothes men to block the gate and pick up the two officers.

The money was said to be meant for the estacodes and allowances of policemen who went for peacekeeping operations in Liberia and other foreign engagements but who were not paid by Ehindero. A part of the money is believed to be fallouts from the April elections in the country.

Obaniyi, who hails from Ondo State as Ehindero, had until now been the untouchable finance controller of the force. He had enormous power to do and undo, with the strong backing of his boss.

Throughout the tenure of Ehindero, sources within the police said, the usual struggle to go on foreign operations by policemen was no longer attractive because Ehindero had always refused to pay them, except for the few who belonged to his Yoruba tribe.

There was jubilation at the force headquarters yesterday evening when the two men were arrested. First to be arrested was Olu Monday who quickly told his colleagues that the money belonged to his oga (master) Obaniyi.

He was compelled to take the policemen to his one-room apartment at the Garki Village Police Barrack, where it was discovered that his entire family had packed out and headed for an unknown address. Neighbours who confided in our correspondent said he recently bought a jeep for his wife.

He was later taken to the Force CID office at Area 10 where he and Obaniyi are currently cooling their heels.

Sources at the force headquarters told Leadership that, already, numerous petitions against Ehindero over mismanagement of funds are now before the EFCC.

Like his predecessor Mr. Tafa Balogun, Ehindero is likely to be picked up for questioning since he has been linked to the fraud.

The force headquarters, according to CP Haz Iwendi, its spokesperson, will be briefing the press on the matter and other issues today at 10 am.

Until his exit, Ehindero had transferred his loyal son, Obaniyi, to head the police desk at the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA), Lagos; Okiro reverted the transfer and deployed him to a police college.

Ehindero’s claim to integrity was questioned by his men when he, against the advice of police management, bought the official residence of the IG, at a cost of about N8 million, during the sale of government houses.
It seems to me Ehindero, did not recommend Onovo because of attempts to cover up his thievery. But alas, his cover is blown so soon.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by BUSHFELLOW(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2007
MAMAJAMA ARE YOU HEARING THIS, NO IT CANT BE TRUE THE MAN IS HONEST LIKE HIS SON SAID. HE CAN NOT DO SUCH THING AND I BELIEVE IS SON BECAUSE HE IS MY FRIEND AT NAIRA LAND grin cheesy

MAMAJAMA YOU AND I KNOW THEY CANT TOUCH HIM (EHINDERO) HE WORKED TO GET MUSA TO POWER AND ALSO HE WAS CLOSE TO BABA THE CHAIRMAN BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE RULING PEOPLES PARTY SO WHAT ARE WE SAYING. LOOK MR. HE IS AMONG THE UNTOUCHABLES NOW IN THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE HE WAS LOYAL TO THOSE WHO BROUGHT HIM TO BECOME IG.

SO MR. I LIKE TO BE LIKE THAT GUY ALSO. HE USED HIS TIME WELL IN THE FORCE HIS TENTH GENERATION WILL NOT SUFFER ANYMORE BECAUSE OF HIS LOYALTY TO HIS FATHERLAND AND TO THE POWERS THAT BE.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by McKren(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2007
Someone will come here and tell us Ehindero's tenure as IGP was a success because he was invited by UN or because he went for courses in USA.

Are those the criteria for measure or percentage reduction in crime, number of drug barrons, oil bunkeres, thieving politicians prosecuted.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Seun(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2007
What is the source of this story?
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by angel101(f): 10:19am On Jun 08, 2007
since we all know that even though he is punished, it wont be appropriate (like that of Tafa) we should at least rejoice in the fact that he is being exposed. thats all i can say cos i dont know what will be done with the money. wether it wont just go from his hands to the hands of another public servant!
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2007
the source does not matter any more the story is well articulated and for me i love the story. mamajam should come and defend his role model because he has been his advocate in this forum
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by angel101(f): 10:31am On Jun 08, 2007
I totally agree. Mamajama where u dey o?!  grin
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by McKren(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2007
eeeeeee, Ehindero is someones role model.

ALAMS is my role model grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:37am On Jun 08, 2007
mc you know well
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Larufa(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2007
The almighty GOD is about to visit Nigeria again.

He has done more it than once -- Death of Googled One, Prosecution of Tafa Balogun e.t.c.

And he will surely do it again and again.

Please help pass the message unto OBJ, Prof. Iwu, Adedibu e.t.c.

A word is enough for a fool.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by egbon(m): 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ Chrisokw

Can you please post the source of this story?
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2007
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2007
one trend I have also noticed in the past few weeks , is that armed robbery may be on the decline as many have been arrested, shot dead or on the run.

The latest news though is very sad - read below

Fatal landing! Fleeing robber jumps to death

Albert Akpor & Femi Adisa
Thursday, June 7, 2007

THE biblical injunction which says that, “the wages of sin is death” was aptly replicated recently at Kirikiri bridge, Apapa area of Lagos after a suspected notorious armed robber simply identified as Oke who was said to had terrorized the area and environs for long, jumped from the bridge in a bid to escape arrest from men of the anti robbery squad from Kirikiri police station and landed on a barge.

advertisement

He had his skull shattered and died on the spot even before police officers who were giving a hot chase could reach him.

City Scope was told that the dead suspect, whose remains had long been deposited at the public mortuary for autopsy and two others were robbing and dispossessing unsuspecting commuters plying the route via the bridge when information got to the police. The policemen led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) Chief Superintendent of Police, (CSP) Austin Odion raced to the scene. But the bandits quickly smelt rat and took to their heels.

Oke, the dead suspect was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Instead of surrendering himself to the police as demanded, he took a swift and dangerous dive into the murky water and landed on the barge in the process. Surprised at such rare exhibition of guts, the police climbed down the bridge to the jetty only to discover the lifeless body of the fleeing robber whose skull was already shattered.

Sources close to City scope revealed that the suspect and his gang had prior to his death, raided a popular street in the area during which he was inflicted with deep matchet cut on his back.

Eyewitness account said that after the raid, he was seen brazenly threatening to deal with anybody that will dare him. In fact, it was gathered that he was waving a pistol menancingly, threatening that he will shot anybody who dares him.

The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) CSP Odion told city scope that he was poised to sanitize the area and urged residents to volunteer information that could assist the police in that regard. “All I want to tell the people is that I am here to cleanse the area of all forms of criminality. Although, there is no way we can totally eradicate crime in the society, but with the assistance of the community we can achieve a lot in this respect. I am also appealing to parents, especially mothers, to check the activities of their wards and report to the police. We are here to serve”, he stated.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2007
mamajama where u dey na. them they insult your role model ho
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by McKren(m): 12:38pm On Jun 08, 2007
Only last week Ehindero was telling Nigerians how it was not enough to house police people in the barracks. That there welfare must be catered for.

The same man who could tell the whole nation this was sitting on the[b] pay of Nigerian police officers in harms way in far away Liberia[/b].

This sums up what leadership is about in this country.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by angel101(f): 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ McKren
He meant what he said o. would u say he hasnt catered for his own welfare abi him no be police? grin

@ frosbel
I just wish they will continue like this. it's high time nigerians are rid of robbers terrorising them night and day.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by azorjiu(m): 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2007
I hold no brief for Ehindero, but I don't rely on The Sun for genuine information.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by angel101(f): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2007
I dont think they can fabricate a story out of the blue. it might not be accurate, but the foundation will be true. remember no smoke without fire grin
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by McKren(m): 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2007
The talk of Kieran Dudari handling this issue is rubbish.

It is financial fraud and by default is in the domain of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. The Police should not try to cover it up.
It will be nice if Ribadu can add Ehindero and Obaniyi to his CV.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by lakeside4love(m): 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2007
Where is MAMAJAMA?

Why r u hiding?Come out here n redeem the image of ur role model
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by mazaje(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2007
Mamajama where are u? come and defend ur father.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by chrisokw: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2007
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Mamajama(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2007
ha ha Ha a. how funny look at the source of the story.  People cool your hot WAHALA.  IGP EHINDERO IS playing gold at IBB golf center as we speak.  COMMONSENSE.  BUSHFAG

IF EHINDERO WAS IGP and went into retirement Last Friday.  why will he wait till after he left office to steal?  Duh, he would have done everything in his power to remove all the so called money before he left office.  AS the IGP you have so much power and no one can question your activities.  some people will do everything possible to tarnish a prestigious image that can not be touch.  The paper said OBANI was arrested and is in detention.  Maybe there is another OBANI.  I just spoke to OBANI himself and it's all Rumors.

Ehindero is a man of integrity and will never damage his reputation with a cheap tag like21 Million Naira

This man made his money before he was IGP. has over 13 books credited to his name so BUSH gay and all the rumor mongers GET A LIFE
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Mamajama(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2007
angel101 no smoke without fire EH? what about the smoke coming out of your muffler? or you dont have a car?
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Mamajama(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2007
one paper said 21 Million Naira, another said 200 Million, and this are the people that we are trusting? I will have the last laugh at this poster and all the rumor mongers. EHIndero is a man of character and will never jeopardized his reputation. he already made his fortune writting books.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2007
MAMAJAMA THANK GOD YOU ARE HERE, OYA START DEFENDING. IT IS NOW THAT YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN NOT TRUST THE NEWS PAPERS ABI BECAUSE IT HAS NOW AFFECTED ONE OF YOUR OWN. FAGOT LIKE YOU

GROW UP JOH
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Johnny(m): 2:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
Someone will come here and tell us Ehindero's tenure as IGP was a success because he was invited by UN or because he went for courses in USA.

Or they will say OBJ is the one embarrassing him after using him (Ehindero) to 'rigg' April poll. Thank OBJ is no longer in power. The law must take it's full course.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Mamajama(m): 2:21pm On Jun 08, 2007
BUSHFELLOW  its funny how you want me to engage in name calling with you.  do you even know the meaning of gay?

you keep using all this slangs and you've never even been to an AIRPORT TARMAC before,.  people are the product of their environment .  I don't expect much from a low demeanor like you from AJEGUNLE.  While you here spreading rumors about this nonsense do you want me give you the phone number to Ehindero or OKIRO himself so you can call and speak to him.   grin  grin  grin
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by degoat: 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2007
mamajama, I have no comment for you.
If this allegation is true, I hope Ehindero and his entire family go straight to hell, but if the allegation is not true, I wish him and his family well.
That is all.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by Mamajama(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2007
xtycod see that is where you are so confused,  IS ARASE the PSO to the IGP not and IGBO man?  is IWENDI the PRO to the IGP not an OGBO man?  so what the hell are you insinuating?

THE CP WORKS IS HE NOT AN IGBO MAN?  dude check your facts before you result to this tribalistic ideas

AGAIN I will ask you, if the IGP will steal, why will he wait till after retirement?  when he has no access to the force headquarters?  I bet you can't answer that question this is the hand work of HATERS and jealousy will make people do the unthinkable.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by degoat: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
It is simple.
If this allegation is correct, I hope Ehindero and his entire family suffer in pain and go straight to hell, but if the allegation is baseless, I wish him and his entire family everlasting happiness.
That is it.
Re: Ehindero: Another Tafa Balogun Is Here. Shame, Shame, Shame by degoat: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2007
Just because you're Implicated in Nigeria doesn't mean you're guilty of anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: War Crimes Commited By The Nigerian Military – Amnesty Int. / Breaking Now! Devastating Pro Biafra Protest Hit Trinidad And Tobago / Ajekun Iya Ni (sowoore Yoo Je) E Ni Ti Ko To Ni Na To Fe Dina Deni...dino Sings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.