Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction (427 Views)

Speed Sensor And Camshaft Position Sensor / P1656 TOYOTA - Oil Control Valve Circuit Malfunction / Camry 03.is Anything Wrong With My Throttle Position Sensor Or Gear Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction by theadeola(m): 11:51am On Jun 06, 2023
Hi house.

I scanned my car recently, and it showed that my camshaft position sensor was not functioning properly. I had it changed and the socket checked, but it's still the same thing. A rewire checked the current in the wires with a tester and bulb, and the bulb kept on blinking.

The man said my ecu is not supplying enough current to the wires, and that I should change the ECU.

I want to know if he's right before proceeding. The code the scanner brought was P0340. The car is a 2003 Toyota matrix with a 1ZZ J20F engine (a jdm variant of the 1zz Fe)
Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction by nurey(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
I bet the problem is from wrong engine. The 1zz 20f is different from normal 1zz, even information on it is limited. Try to check online about your issue I know one petrol head did a swap
Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction by theadeola(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
nurey:
I bet the problem is from wrong engine. The 1zz 20f is different from normal 1zz, even information on it is limited. Try to check online about your issue I know one petrol head did a rswap

Okay.

Does this mean I have to order for a camshaft sensor that matches the engine type?

Thanks a lot.
Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction by nurey(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
theadeola:

Okay.

Does this mean I have to order for a camshaft sensor that matches the engine type?

Thanks a lot.

Can't really point out the solution though.
Re: Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction by MOTIONTECH(m): 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is not actually much of a DIY stuff, just get your car to qualified technician.

(1) (Reply)

Red Alert: Madness Of Mastering The Road On Three Wheel / Advice Me On First Car To Buy / Gm Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.