Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival (7179 Views)

Apple Launches The World's Thinnest Tablet-ipad Air 2 / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread / Samsung Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Market Price Is Crashing Reead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by texazzpete(m): 6:59am On Oct 04, 2011
Djcn:

Looking at your posts, it is very clear, that you are a bigoted ifan and that has always made it difficult for you to adress issues objectively and realistically. Learn to control your "iemotions" so as to refraim from insults and address issues accordingly.

'Bigoted iFan'?!
Don't make me laugh. Just because I can confidently tell you that this is not nearly an 'ipad killer' i'm now a 'bigoted iFan' abi?

You seem to struggle with English language. You claimed that the Kindle Fire has 'so many cool features'. I've asked you to name them, especially excluding the Amazon exclusive features that will not be available in Nigeria. Instead of rising to the challenge you're taking the easy way out.

Djcn:

Firstly. I'm sorry, you have nothing to tell me about the samsung galaxy tab 7.7 which has been my bedtime pet for some days. But ask yourself despite all the buzz, ads and waves, what are the sales indices?

I implore you to flee from lies. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 has not been released anywhere in the world. Always strive to speak the truth at all times.

Djcn:

Secondly, be patient enough to read my posts before being prickly. I had earlier mentioned that it won't have everything (u've mentioned then) did you miss that? T[b]he ipad1 sold for a premium but lacked the basic camera which was already a feature in basic phones[/b], or u've forgotten. This is Fire1 why not be patient for the next fire since you know its gonna be an annual affair?

We are talking about this Kindle Fire NOW, not any future version. Please restrict your analysis to this.

Djcn:

Besides, you need to know that the real solution to storage is the cloud, so what are you shouting about? when you have unlimited storage space in the cloud. Guy, u should know better.

I don't know what you're smoking, but in case you've forgotten, data bundles in Nigeria have crippling data limits. I'd much rather have my 10Gb of music and videos on demand instead of having to stream them every time I want to play music.
Cloud storage would be useless to you when you have to take a trip by road from Lagos to Benin.

Djcn:

Thirdly, I dont know if Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, HTC and the other top players consider the Nigeria market factor before making their premium devices. Why is your iphone not subsidized by a telecoms operator? What's the no of ipads sold in Nigeria during the last quarter? Why cant you purchase directly from ebay and other online retailers? Why do a number of websites deny you access with your nigeria IP even when you are willing to pay for the services? The list goes on. We're to develop our content tex. The Nigeria market contributes less or nothing and have always lacked the necessary support from the local players and lacks accurate stats for planing and implementation.

Cool story, but what has this got to do with this article?

Djcn:

Well i might not call it an ipad killer but was perplexed with the dozens of leading newspapers, magazines and blogs titling the "ipad killer", so maybe you should consume them up.

PCmag columnist C.DVORAK, who have always been an apple fanboy since the 80's even said this is the only ipad rival, he has seen.

Before making your next post, why not take in a deep breadth of cool fresh air, think and then post.

iPad Rival =/= iPad killer.
Show me how many analysts called the Kindle Fire and iPad killer. Yes, the Kindle Fire will take some sales away from the iPad, but it's much more likely to hurt sales of regular Android tablets.
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by texazzpete(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2011
Wallie:

While this is not an iPad killer, it is more than enough to give Apple high blood pressure. As was pointed out, this lacks some features present in the iPad but how many of those features really count? Most people get an iPad not as a laptop replacement but as something to compliment a laptop.

iPad is primarily used to surf the web, watch movies, play games, listen to music, and do minor productivity work. Amazon’s Kindle fire covers all same primary functions and more importantly, at a very low price point. Don’t also forget that just like Apple, Amazon has an ecosystem to support the Kindle fire.

I will be buying at least two as a gift just because the price is low enough.

You speak with wisdom!
As someone who purchased over 4 Nook Colors in the past, i'm looking forward to buying a couple of Kindle Fires just to play around with. They'll make excellent gifts too grin
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by OOG(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2011
Hello Guys,

O & O Gadgets has started taking pre-orders of the new Amazon Kindles especially the Kindle Fire.

We specialize in procurement of gadgets and electronics that are hard to find or expensive locally. Our rates are very competitive and affordable.

Our office is located at suite 29, block B, Sura Shopping Complex, Simpson street, Lagos Island.

You can reach us by sending an email to info@oandogadgets.com

or you can call +234 803 454 7919, +234 816 285 0941

Our website address is www.oandogadgets.com

And you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/oandogadgets

We hope to hear from you soon.

PS: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People will always have varied opinions on which tablet is best based on their needs and budgets. Just go for what you need and don't allow anyone make you feel bad about it.
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by okeyz(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2011
hi all, i find this topic really interesting, i just need some clarification,

this amazon kindle fire will it be operational in nigeria? as per internet access? can one use any of the internet modem from our local internet providers on it?

is it also possible to do everyday task on it like windows application,excel,word and the like?

just curious
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by OOG(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2011
hi all, i find this topic really interesting, i just need some clarification,

this amazon kindle fire will it be operational in nigeria? as per internet access? can one use any of the internet modem from our local internet providers on it?

is it also possible to do everyday task on it like windows application,excel,word and the like?

It has wifi built into it so you can use that to connect to wifi devices to access the internet, although I'm afraid you'll be largely limited to Amazon's content services.

If you seek a tablet that can access the internet and still make use of Microsoft Office documents and even use flash drives and external hard drives, you can get an Android tablet. One I gladly recommend is the Asus Transformer. It's solidly built with good features and it's quite affordable. Let us know if you require a quote.
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by texazzpete(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2011
OOG:

It has wifi built into it so you can use that to connect to wifi devices to access the internet, although I'm afraid you'll be largely limited to Amazon's content services.

If you seek a tablet that can access the internet and still make use of Microsoft Office documents and even use flash drives and external hard drives, you can get an Android tablet. One I gladly recommend is the Asus Transformer. It's solidly built with good features and it's quite affordable. Let us know if you require a quote.

90% of Android tablets come with office apps (Quickoffice, documents to Go) built in. I can't imagine that this will be different.
Also, he'll be able to access his local files too. So he isn't exactly limited to Amazon's content services.
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by okeyz(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
texazzpete:

90% of Android tablets come with office apps (Quickoffice, documents to Go) built in. I can't imagine that this will be different.
Also, he'll be able to access his local files too. So he isn't exactly limited to Amazon's content services.

so are you saying the fire tablet comes with all these features, including the internet connection with modem?
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by nolimit1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
For compare btw kindle fire,ipad and other competitors,Chech here:
zapp5.staticworld.net/images/article/2011/09/kindle_fire_comparison_chart_use-only-this-one-5220696.jpg
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2011
From my distant and possibly vantage observation point, it appears Amazon and Jeff Bezos (i hope i got his name right) are getting into a fight they cannot win for two reasons:

For the Kindle Fire to effectively and efficiently kill the ipad, it must pack enough "firepower" to launch itself in a blue ocean. . .from its features, this is not the case.

Secondly when you want to fight a biggie like Apple, you must be the first to hit and hit hard. . . clearly Amazon has hit Apple but this their hit feels and looks awfully anaemic to me.
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by Djcn: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2011
texazzpete:

'Bigoted iFan'?!
Don't make me laugh. Just because I can confidently tell you that this is not nearly an 'ipad killer' i'm now a 'bigoted iFan' abi?

You seem to struggle with English language. You claimed that the Kindle Fire has 'so many cool features'. I've asked you to name them, especially excluding the Amazon exclusive features that will not be available in Nigeria. Instead of rising to the challenge you're taking the easy way out.

Most likely you seem to enjoy a cycle of never ending debate. That issue has long been answered only if you had patiently read through. What other features do you expect the tablet to have considering the price tag. Features does not exclude content, be broad minded.
Ipad is not the most sophisticated tablet or one with the highest specs but d apple store delivers on content and that's what the world needs content.
The kindle fire is definitely cool and that has been proved by maintaining the top spot in amazon store and the large nos of pre-orders will run into millions even before it becomes available.

texazzpete:

I implore you to flee from lies. The Galaxy Tab 7.7 has not been released anywhere in the world. Always strive to speak the truth at all times.

I have always warned you earlier, never be too fast to pull the trigger, its not a first shooters game. A mix-up with 8.9 which doesn't ve much difference with 7.0 and 7.7.

texazzpete:

We are talking about this Kindle Fire NOW, not any future version. Please restrict your analysis to this.

Yes the kindle fire has all it takes to sour above every other tablet in terms of sales purchases. This will be proved soon and They say Customer is always right.

texazzpete:

I don't know what you're smoking, but in case you've forgotten, data bundles in Nigeria have crippling data limits. I'd much rather have my 10Gb of music and videos on demand instead of having to stream them  every time I want to play music.
Cloud storage would be useless to you when you have to take a trip by road from Lagos to Benin. 

Pipe low, don't make so much noise cos Some few years ago systems had a total of 6GB HDD. Make do with what have, no matter what storage can can never be enough.Even the ipad2 cant contain just 3 blueray movies. So what's the shouting about?

texazzpete:

Cool story, but what has this got to do with this article?
The device was not made considering Nigeria factors. So stop asking the importance of the device for Nigerians, even at that a lot of Nigerians will get one considering the hiccups.

texazzpete:

Show me how many analysts called the Kindle Fire and iPad killer.
Just google Ipad killer, post the hits.

texazzpete:

Yes, the Kindle Fire will take some sales away from the iPad, but it's much more likely to hurt sales of regular Android tablets.

English Language, English Language, English Language,
All of these are technical jargons ipad killer, ipad rival, ipad destroyer, Apple shivers, apple re-strategies etc. It all depends on the meaning you want to give to those words. If the tables sours above the ipad in terms of sales, it will have killed the ipad in the sense that the Apple ipad currently maintains from 50% to 90% of tablets sold in different countries each year. so what are we talking about

This should only move apple to consider a lower pricing for the ipad while delivering on content or produce a lower end device to capture the market. yes i foresee one of these options.

texazzpete:

You speak with wisdom!
As someone who purchased over 4 Nook Colors in the past, i'm looking forward to buying a couple of Kindle Fires just to play around with. They'll make excellent gifts too  grin

Wont be surprised if you're congratulating yourself  shocked, so you mean you can manage to use one in Nigeria.
I think i only need the kindle touch with 3g.
I'm back to the farms
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by NET1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2011
Anyone who compares this device to an Apple iPad or iPad2 is either:

a)high on drugs
b)does not know about mobile devices
c)works for Amazon.

.NET
Re: Amazon's Kindle Fire Tablet: Ipad And Galaxy Tab's Possible Rival by OOG(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2011
Probably the best Android Tablet currently in the market is:
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-B1 Tablet Computer
Operating System: Android 3.2 Honeycomb Platform (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgradable)
Display: 10.1-inch WSVGA IPS capacitive multi touch display built with durable and scratch-resistant glass; 178° viewing angle(1280 x 800)
Chipset: NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 Mobile Processor
Memory: 1GB DDR2
Wireless: 802.11b/g/n
Bluetooth: Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
Storage: 32GB eMMC Flash
Camera: 1.2 megapixel (Front); 5.0 Megapixel (Rear)
Speakers: SRS Sound
Card Reader: Micro SD Card Reader
Input / Output: 1 x Mini HDMI, 2-in-1 audio jack (head phone/mic-in jack), internal mic
Battery Pack: 24.4 W/h Li-polymer battery (up to 9.5 hours)
Preloaded with Polaris® Office® 3.0 for editing MS Office documents.
Dimensions: 10.67" x 6.89" x 0.47" –inches (W x D x H)
Weight: 1.5lbs
Color: Espresso

Optional Keyboard/ Docking Station extends battery life to 16hrs, has 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 media card reader, a Multi-Touch Touchpad and has a matching color.
You can connect mice, keyboards, USB memory sticks and USB HDDs to the tablet with the docking station's 2 USB 2.0 ports for enhanced computing experience.

Price: N91,000
Optional Keyboard dock: N28,000

Available at O & O Gadgets
Our office is located at suite 29, block B, Sura Shopping Complex, Simpson street, Lagos Island.
You can reach us by sending an email to info@oandogadgets.com
or you can call +234 803 454 7919, +234 816 285 0941
Our website address is www.oandogadgets.com
And you can also find us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/oandogadgets

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer Nokia Phones? / Where Is Blackberry Office In Lagos? / (airtel Trybe) The New Deal From Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.