Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,198 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? (460 Views)

Buhari: 2023 Elections Will Be Devoid Of Any "Wuruwuru" / #ngthecandidate: Abubakar And Peter Obi Set Nigerian Twitter On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
I haven't visited Nigerian twitter for years but i just decided to check what's happening back home through twitter and it's crazy what's happening there.

You just can't get any information on any trending topic no matter how much you scroll through the feed. It's like a mix of scams, small businesses promoting their wares, gambling scams, prostitutes, political activists etc. all abusing the trending topics, that it makes it very difficult for you to understand why a topic is trending.

For example, here's what you'll see on a trending topic like Toyin Abraham on the top tweets..

Tinubu, is this you? 😂😂😂

Wahala be like bicycle. Happy married life to the couples

Sega| Toyin Abraham| Islamization| LIRS| Igbo Muslims| Portable| Enugu| Kaduna| Imade| Rinu| Aquafina| High court

All thanks go to Almighty God, the coordinator Evangelist Victor Owolabi (God of 1930) Facebook, and all the donors on both Facebook and Twitter.

As you have wiped the tears of this widow, may the almighty God, bless and keep you

Sega| Toyin Abraham| Islamization| LIRS| Igbo Muslims| Portable| Enugu| Kaduna| Imade| Rinu

Learn to make $300 above by just using your phone for free Join group now👇

https://xxxxxxxx

Samuel Chukwueze 20 Special Advisers Eniola Badmus Rinu Aquafina Toyin Abraham Young John Imade Portable Anthony kante CBN Governor Sophia Rain Yoruba Islamization sega Big Benz

And it goes on and on and on with each trending topic, that you'll scroll up for hours without finding any useful info on any topic.

This is disgraceful and the nigerian twitter community should stop this.

I never see this type of abuse of information happen in US, Canada, UK, or European twitter except for the perculiar ocaasion of crypto trending topics, and they don't abuse trends like these nigerians do on twitter.

It's unserious and shameful. Please stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Felabrity: 4:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
The trend list hijacked

Avoid.

Follow reputable handles to get informations
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
My dear I just tire for Nigerians

You see, lemme tell you something

An individual cannot give what they don't have

The intent, content, of their soul and mind is impure, unjust, obscure, malicious

So it is garbage in garbage out.

Somebody here was saying that a leader does not need to be good to perform well in Nigeria grin grin

I just dey laff am.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by N3TRAL: 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
The idea is to follow trends without having anything to say about them and gain Twitter followers in the process.

Most of them are Obidîots.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Blakjewelry(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
I have a twitter account but I hardly visit, the average Nigerian mind is warped, they only do what others are doing as in them wan form open eye. Just watch someone on your WhatsApp status lift something from twitter and you might just find such in most twitter user WhatsApp status. 80% of twitter user in Nigeria have empty head.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Ofodirinwa: 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Which country's Twitter is full of information?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by eepeepook: 5:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
No different from here.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by dustmalik: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
These are the trends right now on Nigerian Twitter. I really don't understand what you expected to see

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Saifullah01: 5:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
I thought I was the only one who noticed. Nigerians abuse everything and never take blame themselves

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Earlystar698(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
I can't even view WhatsApp status without see twitter screenshot as status update

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Saifullah01: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
dustmalik:
These are the trends right now on Nigerian Twitter. I really don't understand what you expected to see
I think what he meant is that when you open a trending topic like "Aisha Buhari" the following tweet-threads using that tag will be tweets on bet 9ja, Canadian visa promo, or some random scam topic with nothing about why Aisha buhari is trending.

I am not a heavy tweeter user but usually an Aisha B Hashtag should be about Aisha buhari herself or something related to her and of recent

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Felabrity:
The trend list hijacked

Avoid.

Follow reputable handles to get informations

It's just too shameful, that I can't even recommend some friends who want to know what's happening in naija
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 6:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ofodirinwa:
Which country's Twitter is full of information?

Not Nigeria
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2023
dustmalik:

What about you reading my post, word for word.

Now do yourself a favor and check anyone of those trending topics, you'll be lucky to find why that topic is trending, maybe about 1 hour of scrolling down the feeds.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Civetcat: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Because facebook clowns have migrated there. used to be easy finding people to direct you to research materials , historical documents and books . Now you have to really work hard at filtering the garbage being posted there.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Civetcat:
Because facebook clowns have migrated there. used to be easy finding people to direct you to research materials , historical documents and books . Now you have to really work hard at filtering the garbage being posted there.

I believe the poverty and unemployment rampant in Nigeria is a big factor

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by RenaissanceGuy: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2023
Blame Twitters recent algorithm update. I have noticed the same thing myself. Now, you can't even hide a tweet you don't like. You'll have to go through the rigorous process of reporting it.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by HopeSpencer: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2023
Obrigardo:
I haven't visited Nigerian twitter for years but i just decided to check what's happening back home through twitter and it's crazy what's happening there.

You just can't get any information on any trending topic no matter how much you scroll through the feed. It's like a mix of scams, small businesses promoting their wares, gambling scams, prostitutes, political activists etc. all abusing the trending topics, that it makes it very difficult for you to understand why a topic is trending.

For example, here's what you'll see on a trending topic like Toyin Abraham on the top tweets..

And it goes on and on and on with each trending topic, that you'll scroll up for hours without finding any useful info on any topic.

This is disgraceful and the nigerian twitter community should stop this.

I never see this type of abuse of information happen in US, Canada, UK, or European twitter except for the perculiar ocaasion of crypto trending topics, and they don't abuse trends like these nigerians do on twitter.

It's unserious and shameful. Please stop it.

If you see UKRAINE trending and you open it, you won't see any Ukraine news...it is obidients adding Ukraine below their useless tweets.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Blankstare(m): 11:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Honestly, twitter sucks and too tasking..
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by plaetton: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
My dear I just tire for Nigerians

You see, lemme tell you something

An individual cannot give what they don't have

The intent, content, of their soul and mind is impure, unjust, obscure, malicious

So it is garbage in garbage out.

Somebody here was saying that a leader does not need to be good to perform well in Nigeria grin grin

I just dey laff am.
Well said.
There is too much junk in the average Nigeria psyche.
We do not produce soulless and visionless leaders by mistake. The truly horrible leaders that we have only reflect the dark and fragmented psyche of the average Nigerian.
Like you rightly said, we can't give what we don't have.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Twitter So Cluttered And Devoid Of Information? by Obrigardo: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
HopeSpencer:

If you see UKRAINE trending and you open it, you won't see any Ukraine news...it is obidients adding Ukraine below their useless tweets.

Thank God you also see it. It's an epidemic.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Outside The Southeast Are Not Igbos / Tinubu Govt - Be Ready For The Propagandas And Denials / Atiku Closes Case At Tribunal Produces 25 Witnesses Against 100 Promised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.