Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,580 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu (44698 Views)

Peter Obi Backs Tinubu Government On Electricity Tariff Hike / Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Boko Haram: Crime Should Be Punished, Not Pampered By Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi has shed light on his support for the removal of fuel subsidies but gave conditions to be met for the desired result to be achieved.

Obi was said to have spoken to reporters at the Court of Appeal Headquarters, in Abuja, on Tuesday.

This was contained in a statement issued by the Obi-Datti Media Office, in Abuja.

He was quoted as saying that his support for subsidy removal dates back to the Goodluck Jonathan era when he served as a member of the Presidential economic management team.

Obi said, “If you have followed me very well right from the time I was a member of Jonathan’s economic management team, I consistently maintained that subsidy should be removed because I see it as organized crime.

People were just stealing the resources of the country and I showed empirically in my statistical analysis that we are not consuming the amount of fuel they claim we consume.”

The former Anambra state Governor differentiated his idea of Subsidy removal from what is happening in the country now that they are linking him to the two options available to a person having a toothache.

He explained that if you approach a dentist to remove a painful tooth, he will apply a local anaesthetic to numb the area around the tooth so you do not feel pain.

Noting that it was not the same thing as pulling the tooth forcefully, the pain you feel will be different.

The LP Presidential candidate further said, “For me, I will go with the approach of the dentist while supporting the removal of the tooth because I wouldn’t want to go through the pain of forceful removal.

“Recall that even when Jonathan wanted to remove it they came up with various relieving policies like SureP and others.

“If you read my manifesto you will see clearly how I planned to remove subsidy, I will govern with the people and show them statistically and empirically what we are getting and how we are deploying it.

“The problem In Nigeria is that when people say let’s go and suffer, let’s go and sacrifice, they don’t see the results of their suffering and their sacrifice.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/fuel-subsidy-is-organised-crime-should-be-removed-peter-obi-backs-tinubu/

204 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
I will be the happiest person on earth if it is well utilized...but what do I know about black rulers and greed....

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
grin
If i am Tinubu i will make this man my mentor swears...

And He don't even keep malice at all

*MODIFIED*
Wait what am i even saying Tinubu has already made him his mentor already by using his tactice and plans he...

335 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by darling2424(f): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Well said

Contact me for your school projects, dissertation, PowerPoint presentation, thesis, proposal's etc.
Check my signature for contact details

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by ABBkelvin(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lol, now is PO morning.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Ihateheadslamer: 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Anyone planning to go to strike will now think twice

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Taylor90: 6:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
Peter is a king

Irrespective of who’s in power he always maintain his statement

My president i voted for

440 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Taylor90: 6:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
ABBkelvin:
Lol, now is PO morning.

Obi never denies his statements

He said he’ll make provisions and plans while removing subsidy

But una maggot rush go remove without plans

427 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by LeoDeKing: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
Someone up there already eating his vomitous since Peter Obi has thrown his weight behind the subsidy removal as he had stated during campaign.

Till this moment, their explanation has always been that Peter Obi would have cushioned the effect before removal, but ask them where Peter Obi said so, they will rather insult you down to your forefathers.

Someone said fuel subsidy will be removed immediately from day one, but they are explaining to us that the word "immediately" means "provisions and plans while removing subsidy".

Now that Peter Obi has shown his support for the subsidy removal, will rodents and nematodes continue asking if Tinubu supporters are queuing for N500 per liter of fuel or they will find another face-saving explanation?

Let's wait and see. 🤞

299 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Solofresh2: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Issoryt
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by ManWater: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Let nobody be deceived that this Fuel Subsidy Removal will improve the living conditions of the average Nigerian. It is just another revenue-generation scheme to tax Nigerians & make more funds available for Government.
Whether the generated funds would be judiciously used is another matter.

Yes, there may be good reasons from Government to justify the removal, but we need to be aware that its removal will bring about more hardship for the average Nigerian, which we are already experiencing due to increased transport fares & prices.

So Nigerians should not be deceived that after this initial hardship, things will normalise & the cost of living for the average Nigerian will return back to pre-Tinubu era.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by festacman(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
The problem isn't removing the fuel subsidy but the way and manner it was done. The sudden and surprise announcement was done without regards to the fact that businesses and individuals need to plan and adjust.

The question is, what is wrong with giving advance information on commencement date to enable businesses make adequate plans?Recall that former Pres Buhari said subsidy removal will commence on 1st July but Tinubu came with surprise on May 29, taking individuals and corporations by surprise.

This doesn't inspire confidence in business. Nigerian leaders should do better.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by chidexleo: 6:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
OBi is just too much

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by BetterHeadline: 6:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
So, where did he back Tinubu? Maybe you can't read. Tinubu's supporters have comprehension issues.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by chidexleo: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
"Dentist approach" is the best

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 6:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Someone up there already eating his vomitous since Peter Obi has thrown his weight behind the subsidy removal as he had stated during campaign.

Till this moment, their explanation has always been that Peter Obi would have cushioned the effect before removal, but ask them where Peter Obi said so, they will rather insult you down to your forefathers.

Someone said fuel subsidy will be removed immediately from day one, but they are explaining to us that the word "immediately" means "provisions and plans while removing subsidy".

Now that Peter Obi has shown his support for the subsidy removal, will rodents and nematodes continue asking if Tinubu supporters are queuing for N500 per liter of fuel or they will find another face-saving explanation?

Let's wait and see.

Tinubu have finally get his self a worthy mentor as we all can see
its highly commendable of him

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Gbogbowa: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

here is how Obi will do it differently from BAT. You know bat stand upside down that is why he will cause pain before loking for comfort

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by LeoDeKing: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:

Tinubu have finally get his self a worthy mentor as we all can see
its highly commendable of him

I think we should praise him for that. Peter Obi would have surrounded himself with mad men as advisers.

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by BetterHeadline: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2023

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Gbogbowa: 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Obi will do it differently

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Jennie002: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Exactly
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Gajagojo: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Xscape1993:
I will be the happiest person on earth if it is well utilized...but what I do I know about black rulers....
It?

There is no it
What there is is borrowing to pay for subsidy but they have not been able to even borrow for more than 6 months and are owing nearly 3 million

Many people do not get it

Even if subsidy stops there is no money to redeploy

First they have to pay outstanding trillions for unpaid subsidy debt and it is not clear where they will get that from

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Ofemannnu: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin

*MODIFIED*
Wait what am i even saying Tinubu has already made him his mentor already by using his tactice and plans he...
Winner making a loser mentor?
A performer making a non performer mentor?
A thinker and doer making a thinker and non doer a mentor?
Are you really okay?

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by YouandiAllofus: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Traits of a born leader. Give the needed support for the interest of his nation even when he is not required to. Can the former do the same? We all saw his vile antecedents through his utterances which would eventually become his deeds in 2012 concerning this same subsidy removal issue.

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Patriot9: 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin

*MODIFIED*
Tactice kó, testicle ni grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
Patriot9:
Tactice kó, testicle ni grin
Na you sabi grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Bbgbs23: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
Who is Peter Obi?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Flangelo12: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin

*MODIFIED*

You can't even be a local government councillor na Tinubu you dey dream.

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ofemannnu:
Winner making a loser mentor? A performer making a non performer mentor? A thinker and doer making a thinker and non doer a mentor? Are you really okay?
Maybe
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ofemannnu:

Winner making a loser mentor?
A performer making a non performer mentor?
A thinker and doer making a thinker and non doer a mentor?
Are you really okay?

you should ask president BAT That

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lutherblaq: 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
Flangelo12:

You can't even be a local government councillor na Tinubu you dey dream.

The reasons Why some Nigerians will never Make it in life is lack of self esteem.

So pls do not drag me to your way to poverty

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Real Reasons Atiku Wasn’t Declared Winner Of Election / Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.