Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu (44701 Views)

Peter Obi Backs Tinubu Government On Electricity Tariff Hike / Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN / Boko Haram: Crime Should Be Punished, Not Pampered By Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by EmekaA125(m): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Peter Obi just schooled Tinubu on best approach to subsidy removal. Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Laboosh(m): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Comparing Tinubu to Obi decision is like comparing Father to Son. Think well and dont be bigot.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Well said, sir!

Honestly, these are the caliber of people who should be on President Tinubu's Economic team! The very people he should be working closely with.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Flangelo12: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:

I don't like people wishing others bad

Wey the bad wey I wish person?

grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2023
Taylor90:

Obi never denies his statements

He said he’ll make provisions and plans while removing subsidy

But una maggot rush go remove without plans
make provision and plans with which money? You have to remove subsidy first before you use the money to plan and initiate programmes ahead. That is why GEJ couldn't just remove it, Buhari too. Subsidy removal is a difficult action to take because it can easily throw the nation into anarchy and chaos. You have to nuture the situation to a point before removing it which Buhari nutured until Tinubu came and about to remove it in July ending. Obi or any leader would have done so. Or another option is to borrow huge money and initiate these programs ahead but Nigeria is already in huge debts, now or never is the only time to remove subsidy. With time things will adjust and Nigeria will move smoothly only for those who wish and pray for it. Those who still think Nigerians will suffer, will continue suffering...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by freemanq(m): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Obi too get sense
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Blitzerz: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
Propaganda!
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by thinkmoney(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Someone up there already eating his vomitous since Peter Obi has thrown his weight behind the subsidy removal as he had stated during campaign.

Till this moment, their explanation has always been that Peter Obi would have cushioned the effect before removal, but ask them where Peter Obi said so, they will rather insult you down to your forefathers.

Someone said fuel subsidy will be removed immediately from day one, but they are explaining to us that the word "immediately" means "provisions and plans while removing subsidy".

Now that Peter Obi has shown his support for the subsidy removal, will rodents and nematodes continue asking if Tinubu supporters are queuing for N500 per liter of fuel or they will find another face-saving explanation?

Let's wait and see. 🤞

You do not know much. Prolly u do not read much.
I will show u here where he said he will remove immediately and where he gave the plans on how he will go about it

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by 27Pushing30: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin
If i am Tinubu i will make this man my mentor swears...

And He don't even keep malice at all

*MODIFIED*
Wait what am i even saying Tinubu has already made him his mentor already by using his tactice and plans he...
ti

Laughable ... Tinubu became a governor in 1999.

Go and check PO's time... he copied all of Tinubu's policies

Even during the elections he copied Tinubu's moves,

Go and verify
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Fearyourcreator: 8:13pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin

*MODIFIED*
Wait what am i even saying Tinubu has already made him his mentor already by using his tactice and plans he...
Height of hypocrisy... Chei
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by olaoye2008: 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
E LO FOKAN BALE
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Enemyofpeace: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Where are the elooo peees and the haters of Tinubu? Your lord and saviour has spoken o. You better join the train before we leave you out of the sharing formula

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Bbgbs23: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
PHZADDY1:
the man caused an electoral landslide and hurricanes your okpollo eye into rigging grin

Most intelligent people supported another candidate. You for example ain't among that group

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by PHZADDY1(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Bbgbs23:

Most intelligent people supported another candidate. You for example ain't among that group
are you intelligent??
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Allisgud: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
No alternative plan for people at all he just open his mouth wide and said subsidy is over,obi is my president
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by integrity16(m): 8:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Someone up there already eating his vomitous since Peter Obi has thrown his weight behind the subsidy removal as he had stated during campaign.

Till this moment, their explanation has always been that Peter Obi would have cushioned the effect before removal, but ask them where Peter Obi said so, they will rather insult you down to your forefathers.

Someone said fuel subsidy will be removed immediately from day one, but they are explaining to us that the word "immediately" means "provisions and plans while removing subsidy".

Now that Peter Obi has shown his support for the subsidy removal, will rodents and nematodes continue asking if Tinubu supporters are queuing for N500 per liter of fuel or they will find another face-saving explanation?

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Please stop the name calling, did you read the part where he said and I quote "[/b]The problem In Nigeria is that when people say let’s go and suffer, let’s go and sacrifice, they don’t see the results of their suffering and their sacrifice[b].”

People don't trust the government with the funds. They have the right to criticize any policy of government that they feel will not be in their interest.

What Tinubu should do is to prove them wrong and I am happy he is doing that.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by 1Dray(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
Larryndelaw:
How is he going to cushion it. Everything about obi is I will and not showing how. You think everyone is a mediocre like gullible obidient? Tell us how and nit I will. How and how. Or Obi still.need to come tact the mad man first.

Why are you this dumb? He stated ways like how Jonathan did in 2012.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by ikpumbe(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Your level of hypocrisy stinks.
Read PO manifesto and see that he stated upto 2 ways and approaches he will deploy while removing subsidy.

Guy grow up ooo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by GOVERNORR: 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
I suspect the interview was a trap to lure
him to mistakes.

That's why he asked if the interview was about the case in the court, meaning he won't grant them it if was that.

The second which he also won is the fact he stood his ground on subsidy matters.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by ikpumbe(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
integrity16:

Please stop the name calling, did you read the part where he said and I quote "[/b]The problem In Nigeria is that when people say let’s go and suffer, let’s go and sacrifice, they don’t see the results of their suffering and their sacrifice[b].”

People don't trust the government with the funds. They have the right to criticize any policy of government that they feel will not be in their interest.

What Tinubu should do is to prove them wrong and I am happy he is doing that.

You are quoting one of the biggest daft and myopic nairalander. He's so petty
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by phorget(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Immediately doesn't mean on the swearing in day exactly, I have always been in support of the subsidy remover and I hope they utilize the money appropriately.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by soil4soil(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Felix6: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
every well meaning Nigerian knew this long ago, but in 2012 these evil men including BAT were occupying their village square because of subsidy removal.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by onuman: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/fuel-subsidy-is-organised-crime-should-be-removed-peter-obi-backs-tinubu/

Here, Peter Obi is condemning Tinubu's method of fuel subsidy removal, not support for Tinubu's removal of fuel subsidy.

APC posters here have gone beyond presentation of falsehood to outright stealing of news items; the way Tinubu's APC STOLE THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NIGERIA 🇳🇬
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Lightorder: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
Taylor90:

Obi never denies his statements

He said he’ll make provisions and plans while removing subsidy

But una maggot rush go remove without plans
that clown you replied will never read the DENTIST analogy part
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by AngelicBeing: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Hian, Rodents and Nematodes has been added to your existing case File, l know whom you are referring to, DSS has added this to your file, Asaba or Aba detention center for 300 years will be our minimum demands fo keep you away shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by onuman: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lutherblaq:
grin

*MODIFIED*

You didn't read the post before commenting.
If you did, Peter Obi's allegory of toothache and dentist should have told you that Obi was anti Tinubu over the thoughtless manner Tinubu removed fuel subsidy without putting palliative in place for the citizens.

APC propagandists are usually roguish and foolish.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by Laple0541(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2023
Obi should collaborate with his senior President Tinubu in moving Nigeria forward.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by THeUNIFIER: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Let's wait and see. 🤞

Stop being a juvenile. You're poisoning and misleading people on this forum with the garbage you put up there. Obi has been an advocate of subsidy removal for years even when Tinubu and his ignorant followers were protesting against it. Fast forward to the present, we've all agreed that it must go but the question some people aren't asking is, how does Tinubu intend to cushion the effects to follow? Is he serious in his presumed fight against corruption? Or this just to save face. He has to reassure the people and not expect us to endure and suffer with no real plans in place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by adexpa(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
The one with perfect solution to a problem is he the spectator. Everyone continue saying Tinubu should not have made the decision immediately, some were saying he should plan before taking the step. Did we all realise that there was no plan for subsidy in the current budget from July; we expect the government to continue the trend of borrowing to take care of subsidy while planning to end the fraud right? We need to face reality sometime. Not everything you have to waste time planning, you take the action simultaneously with the planning sometimes. Difficult moment calls for Difficult decisions.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu by JOemmy(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is how to be an opposition not by senselessly opposing every good policy of govt because u are so hungry to be in govt like we saw tinibu and his apc politicians did in 2014 when gej announced his plans to remove subsidy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu, Akpabio, Oshiomhole, Osinbajo At APC Caucus Meeting / Jimi Agbaje And Jide Sanwoolu Pictured Together In Church On New Year Day (pics) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Visits Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.