Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations (45099 Views)

All You Need To Know About The Lagos Electric BRT (Photos And Videos) / New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos / Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by EBSolutions: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
All they need ATM.

Make una beg BAT to replicate Lagos BLUEPRINT for whole 9ja.
Lagos going ahead as usual but with BAT, e go SPREAD like Ebola BY FORCE 🤣

The whole Nigeria doesn't have the road network that Lagos has.

It'll take years before before BRTs can operate comfortably in other states.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by vannessa7(f): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
gimakon2:

The nonsense scribbled by a pro tinubu nairalander is wat i should be educated with?
You must be dreaming.

With physical evidence that everyone can see, only a pained hater living in denial will not see it and will term it nonsense, get ready to be pained for the next eight years because Tinubu will repeat the same great feats all over Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by gimakon2(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
vannessa7:

With physical evidence that everyone can see, only a pained hater living in denial will not see it and will term it nonsense, get ready to be pained for the next eight years because Tinubu will repeat the same great feats all over Nigeria.

grin Aunty, I dont insult women... I am better than that, when you become a man come, make we talk.
Secondly , I should be pained that what exactly? A criminal rigged his way into power to favor a tribe and his family? You day listen to yourself at all? I should be pained that Tinubu does not make plans and removes subsidy, without understanding the plight of you and me? Make i ask you, Tinubus spokesperson, come make i ask you, as now he don remove subsidy and them day deliberate minimum wage, what if they release new minimum wage and the governors say they do not have the money to foot budget, who would be the first name to call?
Sometimes, making proper planning is what we should be particular about. After them vote nonsense give you and me, them go japa, una go day suffer here and there.
I leave you with this, rather than being a woman and be thinking you can come on social media to gain credence by looking for who to insult, do your very best to think before you write.
I live in 3 countries, grace of GOD and i am very comfortable, I day speak on the behalf of peeps way day Naija, I am not pained madam.
Have a nice life grin
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Emola12(m): 10:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Taylor90:
Great

Lagos is the most developed state in Nigeria

They’re doing well

E no mean say I be obidient na true I dey talk
for you to mention obedient you lack integrity and common sense aswear because when I voted OBI I didn't vote him because he is from South East i voted him because he is qualified to handle NIGERIA mind you am from ondo state am not voting about tribalism or party
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by SkyFi: 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Something that is an old format over here in Germany tongue

mumu !! You just wan show say you dey Germany. And so if it is in germany nko, are you not happy it has started in Nigeria, or because it is already in Germany then Nigeria should not try it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by wahalawahala: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:

Lagos lead Lagos lead what of other States in south west.
why are u pained? Den hold your hand to type Anambra or Imo or whatever lead and others follow? 😒
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Kekydiv(m): 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
On which road? Instead of the government to construct good road but no they invested in an electric bus that only at Ijora to CMS traffic the battery will run down! Mstewww.. Misplaced priorities 🤦🏽‍♀️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Litmus: 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
simplesearch:
A good idea but where is the road? If you say let's Start somewhere, fine!
But do you put the horse before the cart all in the name of starting something?
Numerous avoidable deaths because we learn to put first thing in the middle or last position. Without good road all this enviable mega gadgets will soon wear out or be disjointed in a couple of months.

How many roads do you believe is the qualifying numbers of roads needed ?

Do you have evidence that the routes selected for these E-Buses are no good?
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Johnn74: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
simplesearch:
A good idea but where is the road? If you say let's Start somewhere, fine!
But do you put the horse before the cart all in the name of starting something?
Numerous avoidable deaths because we learn to put first thing in the middle or last position. Without good road all this enviable mega gadgets will soon wear out or be disjointed in a couple of months.
cool
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Johnn74: 11:50pm On Jun 06, 2023
drake2:

Good evening!. Lagos is not doing well oh. I can't believe a new job is bringing me back to stay. But I promise not for long. The traffic madness, lawlessness, smell, heat and noise? Chai!, The city got worse, hasn't improved at all. I am yet to slide in perfectly. I might run out of coping options soon.
cool
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by JIBO4REAL(m): 11:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

I don’t why you guy hate to appreciate good development of your country
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Larryndelaw: 12:50am On Jun 07, 2023
Truth is bitter. Develop your region. Not to always shout Marginalized. I have never seen someone that will go and build another man's house and left his own leaking.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:27am On Jun 07, 2023
kokoA:
Funds that is being saved from subsidy removal.
There is no funds for subsidy, so how can u save funds from nothing
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by gare(f): 3:14am On Jun 07, 2023
Patosky4U:
This is cool, Lagos lead... This is the real reason I believe jagaban will perform wonder as a president.

Because of two buses ? Na wa for una, so just two buses is the yard stick to know that Tinubu would perform very well. Ok we de look.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by saintrow1: 3:15am On Jun 07, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
Our problem is not starting , it’s maintenance

can you maintenance yourself?
why don't you leave Lagos alone and focus on yourself.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Federalis: 4:05am On Jun 07, 2023
Something wey go soon turn to Molue?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Funflipper: 5:11am On Jun 07, 2023
Heffalump:
.....next the electric battery runs down due to poor power availability. Vehicle could not move. A towing vehicle that uses diesel is brought to tow vehicle away.

This I have seen!

The typical negative mindset of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by seguno2: 5:38am On Jun 07, 2023
wahahlawahala:
Nice....... Lagos leads others follow😎....
Sadists wey dey always frown at good things go soon flood here with their bad belle.

Just as simpletons rejoice at their looters masquerading as leaders, rob them silly
How many passengers daily are being carried on the light rail launched by Buhari five months ago, even before the news of the electric buses? Even before that

SB2020:
Interesting facts about Addis Ababa and Lagos light rail projects.

Addis Ababa / Lagos
Cost == $475Million / $1.2Billion
Length == 34km / 27km
Time to Complete == 4years / 7years (projected)
Year Awarded == 2011 / 2008 (Construction began 2010)
Contractor == China Railway Eng. Corp (CREC) /Chinese Civil Eng. Constr. Coy (CCECC)
Population == 5Million / 20Million
GDP == $50Billion (Ethiopia) / $100Billion (Est.) (Nigeria - $535B)

Ethiopia has managed to deliver Sub-Saharan Africa’s first modern light rail project which opened in the capital Addis Ababa on Sunday, and in the process, beat Lagos whose own rail project remains four years behind schedule.

Ethiopia’s rail project was delivered on time, despite its being longer than the Lagos – Badagry rail line currently under construction.

Addis Ababa’s two line 34-kilometre system was built by the China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) and cost $475m, 85 percent of which has been covered by China’s Exim bank. The Lagos Light Rail Project or Blue on Badagry Expressway, was to have 13 stations from Okokomaiko to Marina via Iddo for a total of 27 kilometres.

The contract was awarded to the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at the cost of $1.2 billion in 2008, and was to be delivered in 2011. Survey work took one year between August 2009 and August 2010 while construction began July 2010.

The work is being implemented using the public and private partnership (PPP) model, whereby the state builds the infrastructure and the private sector provides the rolling stock and management. However, the project has not worked out according to the plan.
The 2011 deadline was missed, even though the State government got a loan to fund the project.

Source
http://businessdayonline.com/2015/09/addis-ababa-beats-lagos-to-light-rail-as-construction-delays-mount/
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by seguno2: 5:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Funflipper:
The typical negative mindset of the average Nigerian.

Reality informed by historical facts.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by seguno2: 5:43am On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor90:
Great

Lagos is the most developed state in Nigeria

They’re doing well

E no mean say I be obidient na true I dey talk

And how is this significant, if Nigeria is the world capital of extreme poverty, and has the highest number of children out of school, while those in school are mostly in unsupervised private establishments
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Nauttyprof(m): 5:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Maintenance is the most important. The Bus drivers should be educated on the need to maintain these public transports. It is sad that within a year, most of these buses won't be recognised again.

Also, passengers should be enlightened on how not to deface the interior of the vehicles too.

This is one area the Lagos state government should address.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by oloriooko(m): 6:02am On Jun 07, 2023
the minister is the most docile minister FCT ever had, dude is clueless even clueless buhari get sense pass him
zero developmental sense, no push for innovations, just pay salary and see off/welcome buhari at airport

cyprianken:
But what's stopping F.C.T from having stuffs like this undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Fapemz: 6:14am On Jun 07, 2023
we still remain your plug for laptop powerbank and portable home inverter. WhatsApp o8o653I63O7. See previous post for some Customers feedback and testimonies. Kind regards!
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Mustack: 6:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Someone like you cannot take the lead talkless of holding stirring.. you will not say the truth even if them catch you for corner...
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Originalsly: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2023
Hmmm.... let me first chew before deciding if to swallow. Two buses.... pilot stage... pretty much experimenting ... but already know 12000 will he rolling out. In fact ... an assembly plant in the works... that will be a first ... first public government transportation agency to be assembling its own buses.... waiting to hear the brand... Tinubu? Maintenance ... the buses have no engines ... so maintenance is reduced to pretty much tyre changes and I guess lights and horn. From this we already know how long we will see these buses in operation. I give these two buses one month max and we see them no more.

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by CivilEngineer90: 6:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Kekydiv:
On which road? Instead of the government to construct good road but no they invested in an electric bus that only at Ijora to CMS traffic the battery will run down! Mstewww.. Misplaced priorities 🤦🏽‍♀️
your iq seem very low, EVs don’t behave like fuel engines, when they are not working the power is conserved not utilized. The power used is the exact power required to be used!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by Amoo89: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2023
Lanrelagboi:
Note: These two are the pilot phase, there are plans to put 1,200 of these buses to use and also develop an assembly line for their production.

This will also work well in this era of subsidy removal

Personally, I will advise the Lagos State Government to look towards Solar systems for the charging of these buses. It will increase the whole point

https://www.nairaland.com/7668769/lagos-oando-take-delivery-first

https://www.nairaland.com/7672431/sanwo-olu-unveils-electric-buses-lagos

https://www.nairaland.com/7672794/pictures-more-information-new-lagos

No one is holding there respective state govt responsible some are just saddist to blame and fault if not for investment and input will Lagos be where is was hold your governors and leaders responsible even FG can do all for all states because revenue was shared
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by TheSuperX(m): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Eko Oni baje
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by RacistProudIgbo: 7:22am On Jun 07, 2023
wahalawahala:
why are u pained? Den hold your hand to type Anambra or Imo or whatever lead and others follow? 😒

My friend go back to your state and develop it, Lagos leads nothing.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by candygist: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Im yet to see peter obi creativity in Anambra state.
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by JasonScoolari: 8:38am On Jun 07, 2023
vannessa7:

To you daft beings, anyone who criticize the government is an hater... And surprisingly, a moderator shared this comment.

Quite a shame. 🙂
Re: Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations by wahalawahala: 8:39am On Jun 07, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:

My friend go back to your state and develop it, Lagos leads nothing.
😂 I will go back when you and your over 20million destitute family scattered all over SW searching for green pastures leaves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Fell Down From Speeding Nigeria Police Van (Throwback Video) / Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Foreign Carriers Engage In Price War To Frustrate Air Peace Out Of London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.