Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) (4617 Views)

8 Nigeria Governors Sacked by Supreme Court Since 1999 picture / APC, PDP Senators-elect Clash Over Voting Pattern / 2019: A Nairalanders Analysis Of Voting Pattern For APC And PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by allthingsgood: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:
Since the end of the 2023 general elections where result from the Southeast showed that the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party in the election, Peter Obi, scored about 98% of votes cast in the region, opposition party supporters have accused the region of turning in such voting pattern because Peter Obi is Igbo. They accuse the region of not giving votes to other candidates.

But are their allegations true or mischievous and outrightly malicious?

To answer the above question we need to take a retrospective look at how the Southeast has always voted since 1999.

In 1999, the Southeast voted Obasanjo only.
In 2003, the Southeast voted Obasanjo only again.
In 2007, the Southeast voted Yaradua only.
In 2011, the Southeast voted Jonathan only.
In 2015, the Southeast voted Jonathan only again.
In 2019, the Southeast voted Atiku only.
And then, in 2023, the Southeast voted Peter Obi only.

From the above, you can clearly see that over the years, once the Southeast people choose a candidate they vote in one direction for that candidate without splitting their votes.

Again, since 1999, 2023 is the only time they voted for a candidate from the region. Other times they have always voted non-Igbos.

Just so we get a better perspective of what we are talking about, in 2003, Ojukwu ran for the presidency under APGA but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In that same 2003, Buhari had an Igbo running mate but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In 2007, Orji Uzor Kalu ran for the presidency under PPA but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In that same year, Buhari once again chose an Igbo running mate but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

Still in the same 2007, Atiku had an Igbo running mate, Ben Obi, but the southeast still didn’t vote for him.

The Southeast voted for Yaradua instead. Yaradua was from the Northwest and had an Ijaw man from the Southsouth but the Southeast voted for him over other tickets that had Igbos on them.

Then, the only one time Igbos voted an Igbo man, they have been called tribalists and whatever names.

And the question is why?

Igbos are never tribalists. Infact its the other way round. Nigerians often accuse igbos of hating themselves
That they voted Peter Obi doesnt mean they like him, they just hate Buhari/APC more
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by TokunboCarsOnly: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Yet, the Igbos are vilified and castigated because they voted their own for once.

Yoruba is an evil, wicked, callous and a propagandist tribe.

Spits!
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Chibuezem(m): 9:42am On Jun 07, 2023
benuejosh:
Brother Bernard… (anticipating a fall)

While Brother Bernad falls down which is a comic relief, permit me to say that Igbos know next to nothing about politics. They play politics with sentiments and emotions, they play politics with hatred and envy, they’re not united and that’s why they’re never at the front burner of National politics in this country. The government at the top involve them in politics at the National level and give them appointments simply because they’re Nigerians and there’s need to carry them along. Which is good.

A typical Igbo man will put money in front first before considering anything else. Imagine the igbo people kidnapping a sitting governor inside his office. They sit at their comfort zone and want everything handed over to them. It is not done like that. For how long did Tinubu start his plans to become the president? It took him years. More than 20years. That’s how it works.

I feel there’s need for my Igbo brothers and sisters to start Planning now. Because after Tinubu comes down as president after 8years, the south east guys will take over. But if they fail in their attempt to come together, then they will fail again and the position will return back to the North.
See what a full grown alien sat down to type... Politics of corruption, nepotism and sycophancy,igbos vote competent people irrespective of tribe but sycophants like you dwell on religion, tribe, monetary contribution to create stereotypes to tarnish the image of competent individuals who want to serve Nigerians not thier tribe.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 9:44am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Is that how you want to run away from telling me the number of people Umahi empowered?

How many people did obi empowered? How many flyovers did he build? The good thing is that this is a public forum and I am exposing the overhyped obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by salam8528: 10:15am On Jun 07, 2023
cazchi:

Biafra is the only hope. If you don’t see this now, you'll see it one day.
Charity should start at home. U can't be shouting Biafra when alot of atrocities are happening within Biafra state without doing the needful. Start Ur revolution at home and u will be taken serious. Revolution dosen't mean senseless killings by UGM I mean hold Ur elected official in govt responsible not blaming an Hausa or Yoruba man for Ur wores.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Superwave16320: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Ebonyi as shown it resounding support for Dave Umahi with the reelection of it candidate without trashing into hell of PDP n Labour Pandora criminal Peter Obi.

Penguin2:

Of course I’m not expecting you to accept that Obi can even impregnate his wife😏.

But have you gone to Ebonyi to find out what an average Ebonyian thinks of Umahi?

You think good governance is about building unnecessary flyovers and useless airport that only about 1% of Ebonyi people can afford to use while paying workers mutilated salaries?

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

How many people did obi empowered? How many flyovers did he build? The good thing is that this is a public forum and I am exposing the overhyped obi

So, in your metrics for accessing good governance, building of flyovers, needful and useless, is a mark of good good governance?

What impact does the flyover at Nkalagu junction have on the life of a single Ebonyian?

What impact does the one at Ezzamgbo junction and other useless flyovers, have on the life of a single Ebonyian?

Umahi awarded the construction of these flyovers to his construction company at the cost of billions of naira of borrowed money whilst he impoverished Ebonyians and left them hungry through payment of mutilated salaries.

Is that your model of governance?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2023
dinachi:

Shut up! Is it Yoruba planning that produced Tinubu? Show me where and how Yorubas held a meeting twenty years ago to choose Tinubu!

Tinubu is an ambitious man who happens to be Yoruba.

Who named him Asiwaju?

He was chosen as our leader by our leaders. No man can force himself on Yorubas never.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 10:23am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
dont b stupid

We are talking about national level not state level

I believe u know but just playing to d gallery, your post mentioned presidential election n I gave u a reply based on that n now u are taking it to state level

Y don’t u reply me on presidential groud

Oh really?

We are talking national election?

Did Obi contest the 2023 presidential election under PDP?🤔
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Godwin4444: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Oh really?

We are talking national election?

Did Obi contest the 2023 presidential election under PDP?🤔
u igbos voted for Labour Party cos u felt cheated by pdp

Labour Party is an affiliate of pdp n u know that

If peter obi n Labour Party wasn’t in d picture u igbos will still gladly vote pdp

Yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by chinchum(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:
Since the end of the 2023 general elections where result from the Southeast showed that the Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party in the election, Peter Obi, scored about 98% of votes cast in the region, opposition party supporters have accused the region of turning in such voting pattern because Peter Obi is Igbo. They accuse the region of not giving votes to other candidates.

But are their allegations true or mischievous and outrightly malicious?

To answer the above question we need to take a retrospective look at how the Southeast has always voted since 1999.

In 1999, the Southeast voted Obasanjo only.
In 2003, the Southeast voted Obasanjo only again.
In 2007, the Southeast voted Yaradua only.
In 2011, the Southeast voted Jonathan only.
In 2015, the Southeast voted Jonathan only again.
In 2019, the Southeast voted Atiku only.
And then, in 2023, the Southeast voted Peter Obi only.

From the above, you can clearly see that over the years, once the Southeast people choose a candidate they vote in one direction for that candidate without splitting their votes.

Again, since 1999, 2023 is the only time they voted for a candidate from the region. Other times they have always voted non-Igbos.

Just so we get a better perspective of what we are talking about, in 2003, Ojukwu ran for the presidency under APGA but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In that same 2003, Buhari had an Igbo running mate but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In 2007, Orji Uzor Kalu ran for the presidency under PPA but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

In that same year, Buhari once again chose an Igbo running mate but the Southeast didn’t vote for him.

Still in the same 2007, Atiku had an Igbo running mate, Ben Obi, but the southeast still didn’t vote for him.

The Southeast voted for Yaradua instead. Yaradua was from the Northwest and had an Ijaw man from the Southsouth but the Southeast voted for him over other tickets that had Igbos on them.

Then, the only one time Igbos voted an Igbo man, they have been called tribalists and whatever names.

And the question is why?
ibos voted Orji uzor Kalu from PPA in the highly compromised 2007 election. PPA also produced 2 governors in Abia and Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 10:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
u igbos voted for Labour Party cos u felt cheated by pdp

Labour Party is an affiliate of pdp n u know that

If peter obi n Labour Party wasn’t in d picture u igbos will still gladly vote pdp

Yes or no?

But does that not demonstrate that we not tied to PDP’s umbilical chord like you claimed earlier?

Because if your earlier assertion was to be valid, we would have voted for PDP anyways. Isn’t it?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 10:41am On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

So, in your metrics for accessing good governance, building of flyovers, needful and useless, is a mark of good good governance?

What impact does the flyover at Nkalagu junction have on the life of a single Ebonyian?

What impact does the one at Ezzamgbo junction and other useless flyovers, have on the life of a single Ebonyian?

Umahi awarded the construction of these flyovers to his construction company at the cost of billions of naira of borrowed money whilst he impoverished Ebonyians and left them hungry through payment of mutilated salaries.

Is that your model of governance?

Oga bros,in Africa cum Nigeria,constructing infrastructure is good governance.payment of salary is the most easiest thing,it is automatic.for you to undertake projects,it is not easy.egwu and elechi have been paying salaries yet ebonyi never progressed.before akpabio came,aks was a big village.when he started all those constructions,they mocked him saying he builds projects for ghosts but go to akwa ibom- now,those flyovers have attracted more population and investment.un the next ten years,it will be overused.even obi himself stated that we must move away from consumption model or was he lying...
Less I forget,obi never conducted lga elections in anambra.what was he afraid of? This shows you how autocratic,despotic and undemocratic he is.obi was one of the reasons gej got low votes in se in 2015.he mismanaged the elections funds given to him.obi is not innovative like umahi and tinubu.he is not creative and is unable to think outside the box

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Collins9156(m): 12:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Just the truth.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by AfonjaScud: 12:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Is it true that the 25% FCT case was thrown out by the courts against Peter Obi?
Chineke mee ebere. Penguin2 is there still hope for us to take our stolen mandate back? Please can somebody renew my hope in our cases at the tribunal.

Obi's manhood is between his legs yet he is chasing shadows looking for it where it is not. He keeps labouring in vain

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Difrent: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Really?

Demonstrate to me, how Orji Uzor Kalu or Ogbonnaya Onu is more competent than Peter Obi; an allusion to their past achievements would help my understanding.

Exactly. No OBIDIENT was able to demonstrate to me how PO is more competent than BAT...
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by WithX(m): 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
Make we look at it again, but this time with our cool

Penguin2:

look at how the Southeast has always voted since 1999.

In 1999, the Southeast voted PDP Obasanjo only.
In 2003, the Southeast voted PDP Obasanjo only again.
In 2007, the Southeast voted PDP Yaradua only.
In 2011, the Southeast voted PDP Jonathan only.
In 2015, the Southeast voted PDP Jonathan only again.
In 2019, the Southeast voted PDP Atiku only.
And then, in 2023, the Southeast voted PDPLite Peter Obi only.

From the above, you can clearly see that over the years, the votes have been for PDP.
The change in party pattern was only at the last minute. Or what could have changed the loved for Atiku in just less than 4 years undecided

The Southeast voted for PDP
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by IgOga(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
Interesting data set...

4 times success
3 times failure

I think in 2027 they will fail again by 2031 they will come back to the winning cycle
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by ABBkelvin(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Really?

Demonstrate to me, how Orji Uzor Kalu or Ogbonnaya Onu is more competent than Peter Obi; an allusion to their past achievements would help my understanding.
I read through the thread and this is the only thing I wish to respond to.... In life, politics come before competency. Instill this in your day to day life as from now on. Quote me anywhere on this earth, politics first before competency, and I hope you can read through the line and hopefully you don't just consider this the thought of an opposition.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by ABBkelvin(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
TokunboCarsOnly:
Yet, the Igbos are vilified and castigated because they voted their own for once.

Yoruba is an evil, wicked, callous and a propagandist tribe.

Spits!
It gives result to the Yorubas. Its important to win first before doing the right thing, losers don't write history.

I responded to this in other to open your eye to the real world.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Brek: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
from 99 to 2023 have igbos ever voted anyt other party aside pdp?
LP
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
ABBkelvin:

I read through the thread and this is the only thing I wish to respond to.... In life, politics come before competency. Instill this in your day to day life as from now on. Quote me anywhere on this earth, politics first before competency, and I hope you can read through the line and hopefully you don't just consider this the thought of an opposition.

I know.

If your assertion wasn’t true, a certain Buhari wouldn’t have ever become the president of this country.

But should we continue in that path?
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

I know.

If your assertion wasn’t true, a certain Buhari wouldn’t have ever become the president of this country.

Apply common sense.atiku witness say obi rigged in anambra and nasarawa
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by ABBkelvin(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

I know.

You asked one of the most important question ever, but still the question have no answer....

Some variable are beyond us human, politics is one despite the fact we live it daily. Check through human history, it always end up a zero sum game.

I don't think human can escape/defeat politics. This is not about general election politics if you understand where I am coming from.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Apply common sense.atiku witness say obi rigged in anambra and nasarawa

Has PDP tendered INEC certified true copies from Anambra as LP is tendering for the states they are contesting?

See, Obi’s votes were viciously suppressed in the Southeast.

Organize the election one million times with soldiers in every polling unit and upload results directly to IREV immediately after election, and Obi will still do these numbers and more.

I wonder who voted Atiku in Anambra!

Your problem is that when I’m telling you facts and reason informed positions of things, you would rather let sentiments becloud your reasoning than believe me.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
ABBkelvin:

You asked one of the most important question ever, but still the question have no answer....

Some variable are beyond us human, politics is one despite the fact we live it daily. Check through human history, it always end up a zero sum game.

I don't think human can escape/defeat politics. This is not about general election politics if you understand where I am coming from.

Politics is a game, I know.

Man is a political animal, I know.

And that’s why there’s always politics in everything man is involved in. From market unions to school classrooms to entertainment, and even the church.

But I think the brand of politics played in Nigeria is the most wicked brand of politics ever known to mankind. And that’s why I have issues with it.

And I strongly do not think that we should let things continue in this trajectory just because “it’s politics”.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 7:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

Has PDP tendered INEC certified true copies from Anambra as LP is tendering for the states they are contesting?

See, Obi’s votes were viciously suppressed in the Southeast.

Organize the election one million times with soldiers in every polling unit and upload results directly to IREV immediately after election, and Obi will still do these numbers and more.

I wonder who voted Atiku in Anambra!

Your problem is that when I’m telling you facts and reason informed positions of things, you would rather let sentiments becloud your reasoning than believe me.

Atiku tendered his exhibits since last week,about 300.the only difference bis that he tendered his own within two days without media noise...

Atiku is trying to say obi votes were inflated.it is not as if you are lying but you can't prove it empirically or scientifically....you said obi votes were suppressed in se but data suggest otherwise.in 2015 when gej inflated se votes,he got 2.4 mil.anambra gave him 600k votes the highest.in 2019 when we last used incident forms,atiku got 1.6 mil and with the coming of bvas obi had 1.9 mil.that is se votes averaged 2 mil.so where is the suppression? You guys always have the least turnout,videos showed people being intimidated to vote obi and results from abia show one agent signing several result sheets.most people in se supported obi so how come there was suppression? My brother,leave this thing.i believe obi team has abandoned all prayers and one to focus on one,that is proving that they was enough irregularities to cause a rerun or cancellations ...
Se was the only place that completely supported one candidate therefore making rigging totally impossible.the only thing they could do was to delay the elections,frustrate voters to go home without voting,buy votes,cause violence to disrupt elections and the courts can't do anything concerning that.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

Atiku tendered his exhibits since last week,about 300.the only difference bis that he tendered his own within two days without media noise...

Atiku is trying to say obi votes were inflated.it is not as if you are lying but you can't prove it empirically or scientifically....you said obi votes were suppressed in se but data suggest otherwise.in 2015 when gej inflated se votes,he got 2.4 mil.anambra gave him 600k votes the highest.in 2019 when we last used incident forms,atiku got 1.6 mil and with the coming of bvas obi had 1.9 mil.that is se votes averaged 2 mil.so where is the suppression? You guys always have the least turnout,videos showed people being intimidated to vote obi and results from abia show one agent signing several result sheets.most people in se supported obi so how come there was suppression? My brother,leave this thing.i believe obi team has abandoned all prayers and one to focus on one,that is proving that they was enough irregularities to cause a rerun or cancellations ...
Se was the only place that completely supported one candidate therefore making rigging totally impossible.the only thing they could do was to delay the elections,frustrate voters to go home without voting,buy votes,cause violence to disrupt elections and the courts can't do anything concerning that.

How funny of you to argue against my assertion that Obi’s votes was suppressed in the Southeast only for you to agree with me in the end.

When I say Obi’s votes was suppressed, I’m not saying that his numbers was another to another person’s own, no, what I mean is all those systematic suppressions.

Election materials were deliberately delayed across Southeast to frustrate voters. A lot of voters waited and got tired and went home. In some polling units, election materials never arrived which disenfranchised a lot of voters. Add that to other systematic manipulations.

If election materials had arrived in time across all polling units in the southeast, I can assure you that the Southeast could have done 3million.
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by garfield1: 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Penguin2:

How funny of you to argue against my assertion that Obi’s votes was suppressed in the Southeast only for you to agree with me in the end.

When I say Obi’s votes was suppressed, I’m not saying that his numbers was another to another person’s own, no, what I mean is all those systematic suppressions.

Election materials were deliberately delayed across Southeast to frustrate voters. A lot of voters waited and got tired and went home. In some polling units, election materials never arrived which disenfranchised a lot of voters. Add that to other systematic manipulations.

If election materials had arrived in time across all polling units in the southeast, I can assure you that the Southeast could have done 3million.

That is why I said that type of suppression cannot be litigated.i though you said obi got 3 mil and it was reduced.for obi to win nasarawa,fct,plateau etc shows there was little rigging.on a normal,obi won't win outside se...

I must remind you again that the courts usually twist ruling to favour the incumbents.in 2007,buhari proved widespread rigging.infact,the judges directed him on what to do and in the end after following their directions,they mocked him.
In 2019, commonsensically buhari was supposed to submit his result or certificate to inec but the court said it was not mandatory.the courts found that ayade,abiodun and lalong were guilty of forging certificates but they twisted the laws to suit them.tinubu just like wike is heavily connected to the judiciary.he started the links since the acn days.perjaps,this is where he met wike.
Again,the northern establishment will always prefer tinubu they know to an erratic se/obi they can't control at least to compensate for the abiola saga
Re: Southeast Voting Pattern Since 1999 (picture) by Penguin2: 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
garfield1:

That is why I said that type of suppression cannot be litigated.i though you said obi got 3 mil and it was reduced.for obi to win nasarawa,fct,plateau etc shows there was little rigging.on a normal,obi won't win outside se...

I must remind you again that the courts usually twist ruling to favour the incumbents.in 2007,buhari proved widespread rigging.infact,the judges directed him on what to do and in the end after following their directions,they mocked him.
In 2019, commonsensically buhari was supposed to submit his result or certificate to inec but the court said it was not mandatory.the courts found that ayade,abiodun and lalong were guilty of forging certificates but they twisted the laws to suit them.tinubu just like wike is heavily connected to the judiciary.he started the links since the acn days.perjaps,this is where he met wike.
Again,the northern establishment will always prefer tinubu they know to an erratic se/obi they can't control at least to compensate for the abiola saga
Compensate for Abiola saga after Obasanjo’s 8 years?

And yes, I agree that the north will always prefer a Tinubu to an erratic Obi because they are afraid of the kind of reforms that Obi would introduce if he becomes president.

But let’s see how much the northern establishment and Wike and Tinubu’s links in the judiciary will help them.

I want to see how the courts will excuse Tinubu getting fined for a drug related offense.

I want to see how the courts will ignore the overwhelming evidence before them and rule to the contrary.

Like I said before, the judiciary would have to yank off a considerable portion of our constitution and the Electoral Act to retain Tinubu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of How Gbenga Daniel Men Provoke Iyabo Obasanjo / Do You Think Nigeria's Gdp Can Surpass South Africa's / 2015: Jonathan Splits Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.