Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru (317 Views)

Tribunal: I Was Forced To Sign Presidential Poll Result In Kogi - Joe Agada / Osun Tribunal: I Didn’t Forge Certificate, School Made Mistake – Adeleke / Tribunal: I Was Asked To Sign Results Or Lose N-power Membership —PDP Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by leethebee: 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
The election petition Tribunal sitting in Kaduna has adjourned to June 15, 2023 for continuous pre-hearing of the matter between the gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Rt.Hon Mohammed Isa Ashiru and the Governor of Kaduna State, Senator Uba Sani, even as the lead petitioner for the March 18 governorship election of Kaduna State, Ashiru of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) told the election petition tribunal that he shall bring before the tribunal 25 witnesses to testify against the declared winner of the election, Uba Sani, All Progressive Congress (APC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Ashiru and the PDP had petitioned the tribunal to seek redress in order to reclaim victory,following the declaration of Uba Sani by INEC as the winner of the governorship election.

On Tuesday at the pre-hearing of the petition , the lead Counsel to Ashiru and PDP, Samuel Atung (SAN) told the 3-man panel led by Justice Victor O. Oviawe that the petitioner may field a star witness for the rest of the witnesses when the hearing commences proper.

Counsels to the 1st respondent; Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Alhassan A. Umar (SAN) said they will call five witnesses.

The 2nd respondent; Gov. Uba Sani, led by Sanusi Musa (SAN) said they have 18 witnesses, but, “we will subpoena 15”.

The 3rd respondent; APC, led by Mohammed Sani Katu (SAN) said they will present three witnesses, but, “we will subpoena another three, making it six witnesses”.

After deliberations ,Chairman of the panel, Justice Victor Oviawe, alloted 7 minutes to examination in-chief, 12 minutes to cross-examination, while 3 minutes were alloted to re-examination of the witnesses respectively.

Counsels in the matter adopted all documents filed, just as the court directed the PDP counsel to respond within four days upon service of application by the respondents’ counsels, while two days were alloted to respondents’ counsels to also respond.

The court adjourned the case to June 15, 2023 for continuous pre-hearing of the matter.

The 3-man panel headed by Justice Victor O Oviawe with Justice K. Damlat and Justice Nonye as members began sitting on the petition challenging the declaration of Uba Sani as the winner of the last governorship polls in the State,on Thursday June 1st 2023.

Sanusi Musa (SAN), counsel to Uba Sani said in an interview thst ” it is a pre-hearing stage and it is at this stage that it is expected that the tribunal will have an understanding of our cases including how many witnesses we want to call and whether we have motions that we will want the petitions to be dismissed or struck out and also adopt those issues.”

“We have told the tribunal that we have filed two motions on behalf of our client to dismiss or strike out the petition seeking the tribunal to set aside the victory of our client because it is incompetent and filed outside the 21 days required by law. After we filed our petition to the defendants, they filed a reply to our petition which is also against the law.

“We have informed the court that we have filed another application seeking the dismissal of their petition at the preliminary stages and the tribunal adjourned to 15th June, 2023 for the continuation of the pre-trial”.

Lead Counsel to Isah Ashiru, Samuel Atung (SAN) said, “the pre-trial session is normally a cleaning house, each house has stated the number of witnesses it intends to call and time was allotted for the witness in terms of their evidence in chief, examinations and re-examination, issues of documents to be rendered was also deliberate upon and the tribunal gave a direction that the trial will take. But the bottom line is election tribunals have a time frame and the petition should be decided within the time frame provided by the law.

“The tribunal will decide if our petitions were filed outside the 21 days time frame. They have filed their application and we have been given four days to respond to it, so I do not want to comment on the merit since the issue is subjudice. Our prayer is that at the end of the sitting, justice will be served .”

There was heavy security presence at the Tribunal on Tuesday morning while the session lasted.

Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by Acekidc4(m): 11:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
1000 of Ashiru can never Unseat Governor Sani Uba. The man is solid like Olumo Rock.

Ashiru should start Preparing for 2027. This one have go, Otilo 😆🤣😅
Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by Domi007(f): 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
Stop drinking banga
Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by SadiqBabaSani: 12:54am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:
1000 of Ashiru can never Unseat Governor Sani Uba. The man is solid like Olumo Rock.

PDP boasted more thsn this sometimes btwen 1999-2015

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by Saao(m): 3:09am On Jun 07, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
PDP boasted more thsn this sometimes btwen 1999-2015
don't mind him. Most of these elected politicians may lose their seats because APC didn't win most of their elections. Nigerians weren't happy with their performance. We know PDP are thieves and criminals but APC, was worse to the surprised of many of us
Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by press9jatv: 5:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

stop displaying your ignorance here, Ashiru will win his case in the tribunal court of justice joor
Re: Tribunal: I Have 25 Witnesses Against Uba Sani – Ashiru by Jostoman: 6:16am On Jun 07, 2023
Acekidc4:

you people will just be talking as if you are a supreme court judge.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Used Packaging To Deceive & Ran Most Corrupt Government In History / Us This Why EFCC Chairman BAWA Was Suspended? / Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates, June 16, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.