Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44488 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
2mch:

Don’t worry about other Yoruba’s. You can’t compare yourself with them because you are simply not even from the region at all. Go home and clear out IPOB first. Make it hospitable so you can stay there and not let people be disgracing you up and down. As the nuisance and destructive people you are. People will respect you when your home and people are something to respect. You no get shame at all.
Sorry,i don't stay in Yoruba land,for ur information.
You people should allow Lagos indigenes to rule there state,
The way other Yorubas came to Lagos,that is how Igbos came,whenever you say igbos should go home,You yorubas should start from yourselves or leave Igbos alone,go back to ur state.
You have a state,allow Lagos indigenes rule there state.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

grin grin grin grin If igbos leave who will be paying the tax from other places
unity beggarrr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Dont worry pass your ow law and maybe you will soon find out that LSHA does not have the monopoly of passing laws.

Infact Lagos and Southwest in general are so laid-back which other groups have admitted and described as being accommodating , so what they are doing now is even coming second compared to what other sides can do or have done, they even take their hospitality to be cowardice, they call them lazy people.....so this law you are talking about now is no issue ooooo , I believe this people are humane , they can't just be animalistic , but they just want some respect and recognition...shikena..

7 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Sermwell(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yomit71:

Chevron cannot locate it's headquarters in South East because of vandalism, violence and intolerance of the citizens. So they prefer a peaceful and accommodating host which we all know Yoruba is first in Nigeria undecided kiss kiss
Without the oil in the Niger Delta, there will not be Chevron in Lagos! I know you're not smart enough to know that grin
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Twistaray(m): 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
GeneralPula:

He’s not yoruba..

Many of them mentioning oil blocks are not from SS..

It’s easy to know. Did you notice no monikers is claiming Igbos on this thread? all of a sudden, they all disappear! They’ve switched to alternate monikers to impersonate SS..

Oh yeah. grin

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Dareal90s(m): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

How is this relevant? Does a TRADITIONAL RULERS bar anyone living wherever they want?
But u don't want Fulani and Hausa in Igbo land.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by 4realsexy: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am
Na your father land

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

You are Igbo, you are defending Ipob in destroying Igboland, you begging Dangote for work in Lagos.
Now, you are commanding Yorubas in Yorubaland on Lagos matters.

You are not well by this nonsense you are typing here.
From what I said here,i never said Ipob should destroy Igbo land , but i don't know ur level of reasoning,since u don't understand English language.
Stop disturbing igbos in Lagos,
Allow Lagos indigenes rule there states,

Keep supporting those destroying Igboland. Your children will suffer the repercussions of your stupidity. They will be scavengers in this Lagos.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
It's interesting to see that it's only a few people from a particular region of the country that are angry at this news. This is the more reason I agree with the LAHA on these initiatives.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

You are Igbo, you are defending Ipob in destroying Igboland, you begging Dangote for work in Lagos.

Keep supporting those destroying Igboland. Your children will suffer the repercussions of your stupidity. They will be scavengers in this Lagos.

You are not well by this nonsense you are typing here.
From what I said here,i never said Ipob should destroy Igbo land , but i don't know ur level of reasoning,since u don't understand English language.
Stop disturbing igbos in Lagos,
Allow Lagos indigenes rule there states,

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Dareal90s(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

And who own the Binis? Seems u no get elders to tell you your history.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Jbleenk: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Law wey no go carry water. You can't sell your land to someone else and still want to claim ownership. Hope the court will do the needful when you try any rubbish. What am seeing is people that want to shoot their own selves, this will make other states to target with your own people.

No land in Lagos or any part of Nigeria is outrightly sold in the real sense. The lands you think are sold are actually on lease for a period of 100years after which the state can allow you to renew if it so wish and remember gov of a state have the power backed by low to revoke title document of any land.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Sermwell(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
foleskay:

Are the oil producing states not collecting derivatives from d oil wells? Is lagos collecting any oil derivatives?? That oil companies relocated their headquarters to Lagos isn't d business of lagos but the business concern of the oil companies. undecided
So you think of those oil companies leave Lagos, banks and other industries won't leave Lagos too? grin
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
it's not dumb to make laws for the interest of both parties. In the USA you mentioned, states makes laws that favours all residents nobody cares about where you from

we all know the targets and aim of such law if passed by Lagos legislation

So we shouldn't pretend like it's protecting indigens. Now what happens to non indigens ? Lol non indigens include foreigners, and the rest of Nigerians From other state..

Yes that’s correct grin

I’m glad you are now finally starting to reason with sense

You can make laws for immigrants, permanent resident holders, naturalised citizens, and indigenes yes you are very correct on that and there is nothing dumb about that.

The reason why you don’t see that in the US however is because they killed off the indigenes. Even the so called native Americans are not indigenes, America doesn’t make laws favourable to the indigenes because they are not indigenes. So America focuses on residents.

Nigeria is totally and completely different from America in that regard. In Nigeria state of origin will always matter because of this fact.

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by thinkmoney(m): 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
Librason:

The scenario may be similar and not the same even in South - South , there are boundaries and they become hostile , if they feel upset they feel entitled by breaking the oil pipes , forming modular refineries, a lot of them had to be begged, compensated , educated on scholarship, they currently give them (non state actor) millions of naira on regular basis to ensure there are no oil pipe issues, so these are also form of ENTITLEMENT they say it's their land and they have to be compensated or treated fairly, apart from 13% derivation fund and another percentage to specific oil producing community.

The other day the rivers indigenes disturbed to death the contractors in the state because they want a great high percentage of their indigenes to be part of the project. Sense of ENTITLEMENT , "na our land be this " kind of... so it's everywhere, think rightly..
The entitlement is there in the south south. So who says it’s not there in lagos? The clamour in Lagos is very unjustifiable. No one is contesting anything with anybody.
The indigenes too have an head start more than the immigrants... they own the land and water source and whatever privilege or properties the immigrants have acquired by which they may brag about has been duly paid for. They pay also the space for their shops. So what’s the clamour or binckering about?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
Good one, maybe the law will deprived non indigene from buying land and owing landed property in lagos.This will push other states to make same laws that non indigene will not work in a company in their state.State like delta will make a law that all oil companies operating in the state must employ only delta state indigene, likewise river state and other south south state.This will definitely water the ground for separation.State will start controlling all the resources in her state.It is a very good development.When you want to shoot yourself you will not know.

nedekid:
Nice one.
Delta state assembly must be ready to pass laws to protect all land in delta state. All oil producing licenses should be revoked in favour of delta state citizens. Oil revenue from the delta must not flow elseware.
The state assembly must pass laws to protect it's indigenes.
Hope other states follow that path.
And if you are current with the news, Yoruba leaders have been pushing for exactly that.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

How old are you to start with?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sermwell:

So you think of those oil companies leave Lagos, banks and other industries won't leave Lagos too? grin

They won’t leave because being in Lagos was never about oil to begin with. It was always about location, the ports and the progressiveness of the inhabitants.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Sermwell(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
na tinubu even back the law pass

Remember it affected him when he loss lagos, so if care is not taking non indegenes fit dethrone am with the way things are going
Is Tinubu an indigene of Lagos state?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Shantyken(m): 3:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:
I'm certain this is unconstitutional. But we shall indeed see.
Just dey play
Go n be misbehaving
The court will still tell u the section of constitution
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
RecentHistory:

I don't understand what is paining you, lagos state has indigenes,allow them rule there state.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
mauchiz:

You defended ipob in your region so why didn’t you stay in your region to enjoy the ipob? Why are you begging for a job at dangote refinery in Lagos now?

You complain when we show zero tolerance for the miscreant that threatened to invite ipob to Lagos.

I have a better question for you, are you ok at all?

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Jogs1900: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sermwell:

Without the oil in the Niger Delta, there will not be Chevron in Lagos! I know you're not smart enough to know that grin
Do.you think Chevron is into exploration of crude oil alone?Go to their website and get yourself educated.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Sermwell(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

They won’t leave because being in Lagos was never about oil to begin with. It was always about location, the ports and the progressiveness of the inhabitants.
Location to do what business?? Where do they get the commodity they sell?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MrBroke(m): 3:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am

Na Egyptians Bulild am grin

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jbleenk:

No land in Lagos or any part of Nigeria is outrightly sold in the real sense. The lands you think are sold are actually on lease for a period of 100years after which the state can allow you to renew if it so wish and remember gov of a state have the power backed by low to revoke title document of any land.
It is only a criminal that will reason base on what you just said, did you write it on documents that you are renting out? Continue deceiving yourself. If that is the case you selling it would have started it clearly on the documents if not criminality that is disturbing some of you.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Angelfrost(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

Forget the story if you won’t stay on topic. No need to wail, go and face the lawmakers and set them straight. My only objective here is to teach you sense, my job is done.

I'm actually the one on topic, and the one reeling out sense to your thick skull!

I vehemently object to Lagos being termed "No man's Land" by settlers from all over Nigeria! However, such would never have arisen if the state leaders took steps to enact proper laws to protect their lands and indigenes!

So, who is wailing and who is talking trash between both of us??! cool

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by mauchiz: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
Jagungidi:

You defended ipob in your region so why didn’t you stay in your region to enjoy the ipob? Why are you begging for a job at dangote refinery in Lagos now?

You complain when we show zero tolerance for the miscreant that threatened to invite ipob to Lagos.

I have a better question for you, are you ok at all?
I have never defended ipob,i can say you are a liar,i have every right to seek Dangote job in Lagos,am a Nigerian.
Stop telling igbos to go back to there state,Lagos state is not ur state,you have a state, i only said allow lagos indigenes rule there states,which is true.
Am not ur problem,
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TYCO77: 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
EcoBrick:

https://dailytrust.com/no-mans-land-lagos-to-make-laws-to-protect-indigenes/

Who are the indigenes of Lagos State? Who are Lagosians? Has Lagosians right to represent indigenes of Lagos state in the Lagos State House of Assembly? Do Lagosians have right to make laws for the indigenes of Lagos state
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sltp:
Lagos is a Yoruba land? Does this mean all Yoruba people are indigenes of Lagos? Why not specify the tribes of Lagos indigenes? It shows that they're only targeting the minority from non Yoruba ethnic groups while the Yoruba from 5 neighboring states take over the state. This is not from the Lagos indigenes, this is a law to make all Yoruba Lagos indigenes and it's not good for the real indigenes
The LAHA is full of indigenes from Egun (Badagry) to Aworis (Ojodu, Isheri, Island e.t.c) and Ijebus (Ikorodu, epe e.t.c).

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by RecentHistory: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
mauchiz:

Chika or whatever your useless name is. You are a big fool and your late father will be shaking his head at how stupid you are. You are supporting Ipob destroying Igboland but you are willing to run to Lagos for Dangote job. The same Dangote that Ipob burnt his trucks at Onitsha in 2017. If Lagos had behaved like Ipob, would you see Dangote refinery to be begging for work today?
You are a total disgrace to your generations.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Sense you no get..a lot of people get properties in other states why are they not calling those states no man's land?
Na only una go first buy land from people? I bought my land in Rivers State from Ikweere man like wise other people so does that now make Rivers no man's land? Why are you people not claiming no man's land in the North despite owing properties there?
Continue playing you propaganda game just because you want to steal what you already sold out. Criminality is running in some people blood. If one person should say Lagos is no man's land, does it justify the criminality you want to practice on all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

I Will Work With Donald Trump — Buhari / #EndSARS Promoter, Rinu On Frozen Account: I Am Disappointed In Nigeria / Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.