Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak (25251 Views)

Nigeria Correctional Services / Nigeria Prison Services / Senate Confirms The Nomination Of Haliru Nababa As CG, Correctional Service / Family Of Whistleblower Who Exposed Corruption In Yabatech Cries For Help. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Ceenelly(m): 9:00am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:
The Bad Things Experienced Working At Nigerian Correctional Service

Having worked at the Nigerian Correctional Service for sever years, I have noticed a lot of evil happening there which need the attention of the whole Nigeria and the presidency.

I will briefly highlight some of them here. Pls, if you have also experienced anything similar, kindly drop your comments.

Some of the bad things happening at the Nigerian Correctional Service include:

1. Poor working condition

2. Non implementation of harmonization of salary and rank with the Nigerian Police

3. Staff buying their official uniforms

4. Non payment of promotion arrears and other allowances

5. Irregularities in staff promotions

6. Non consideration of staff welfare

7. Under payment of promotion arrears, even when they decide to pay

8 A police inspector earns more than someone who is on the same rank with an assistant controller of corrections
why comparing yourself with police
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Tvoice: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2023
Dats y dey call it prison grin

May God help u guyz ,the last time i visited d one at ikoyi,chaii, the way u people treat humans chaii,not the ones in jail ,the ones dat came visiting, e reach for me not to pitty una ,i swear .

2 Likes

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Kunlexity(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2023
No be lie
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by rhymesnoni(m): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2023
You be Police? THE KIND WORK WEY POLICE DEY DO YOU FIT DO AM?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by mannash1(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2023
[b]Some prisoners get to sleep with their wife’s from outside anytime they like. (Bribe)[/b

[/quote]

PRISONERS HAVE WHAT THEY CALL CONJUGAL RIGHTS

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AK481(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Yes all maybe true but I also heard this correctional staffs are fantastically corrupt !

Some prisoners get to sleep with their wife’s from outside anytime they like. (Bribe)

Some live like king and they may not be interested in leaving the facility.

We read how some high ranking societal prisoners often go outside late night to enjoy peppersoup and prostitute , only to return to their cell before daybreak !

Sleeping with female prisoners ( Hundreds of babies were born in Nigeria prisons every year. Who fathered them ?

The list honestly is endless.

These are nothing compared to the police whose welfare are better .

What's the essence of this man ?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
is this all you have to say? when you mention issues with working with Nigerian prison I thought you will be talking about
-> how life is with the prisoners,
-> why people should probably avoid prison at all cost
-> your experience and conversations with some inmates
-> how staff or government officials corners money/food meant for inmates
-> good things you get to enjor as a warder/why you will like to do same work again
-> other reasons you will probbaly prefer to be in other prisons aside your current primary place of work

I don't know it's actually going to be the regular our money is not enough that is present in every sector of the country

for your info I have some family friends that work in NSCDC, they all bought their uniform themselves, I didn't say it's right but it is something we all know about

Prosoners' life is worse than you could imagine though some live like Kings there due to shady activities mostly 419 and yahoo.
Depending on the prison category you are, there are basically 4 different types of prisoners though

Businesses and activities go on normally in prison. Their are many things for those who want to learn good things or otherwise but I must tell you, it's more of hardened people more than correcting them.

Prison Life, may we never witness it.

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by BreconHills(m): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Yes all maybe true but I also heard this correctional staffs are fantastically corrupt !

Some prisoners get to sleep with their wife’s from outside anytime they like. (Bribe)

We read how some high ranking societal prisoners often go outside late night to enjoy peppersoup and prostitute , only to return to their cell before daybreak !

Sleeping with female prisoners ( Hundreds of babies were born in Nigeria prisons every year. Who fathered them ?

It's a chicken and egg situation. Which came first, the corruption or the poor service conditions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Padipadi(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
Nigeria was badly designed naa
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by CodeTemplar: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
Kubin:
The money you people extort from inmate relatives and visitors should take care all your needs.
what about those who cannot extort due to fear of God?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by fastseo: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2023
I have an inlaw from mother's side who worked in the prison service those days. it's like he was in charge of the food section or so.
he brings bags of rice, beans and other items home in the village probably months end and the wife sell them.

That's what he used to build his house in the village.
he is now retired.

2 Likes

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by CodeTemplar: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2023
Padipadi:
Nigeria was badly designed naa
thats why i dont pray too hard forghe country any longer. It was designed to foster interethnic exploitation.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Karemarealty288(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2023
I thought you wanted to talk about prisoners welfare.

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Bossly: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2023
You go work for prison na
Wetin u been dey expect b4?

Celebrityblog:

Having worked at the Nigerian Correctional Service for sever years, I have noticed a lot of evil happening there which need the attention of the whole Nigeria and the presidency.

I will briefly highlight some of them here. Pls, if you have also experienced anything similar, kindly drop your comments.

2. Non implementation of harmonization of salary and rank with the Nigerian Police

8 A police inspector earns more than someone who is on the same rank with an assistant controller of corrections
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 9:50am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
We can only Pray for guidance for the President to be able to surmount all these and more!

May Allah guide BAT!
May Nigeria Succeed!

How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you? Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Odjirigho: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2023
Honestly these guys are trying. Being locked with very high profile inmates with different kinds of ailments and violence level.

Kudos to all correctional officers reading this!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by 2016easy2017: 10:00am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

Your writing is not to correct the society but the only thing that matters to you is your appetite
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AntiChristian: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you? Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?

I pay my tailor to do the job for me!
The network providers are being paid for the services they render!

Your argument seems rational yet illogical!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by dokyOloye: 10:03am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

Not even one sentence as to how the welfare of the inmates can be improved?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by ismodiwa(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2023
We don't care, tell us about the conditions of inmates..
Selfish MOFOS
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Hassanmaye(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

Almost every government sector is full of irregularities and deceit... If I told you my own eh...
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 10:10am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

I pay my tailor to do the job for me!
The network providers are being paid for the services they render!

Your argument seems rational yet illogical!

Can you show me the argument you are referring to? When did questions become argument?

I didn't ask about payment. I asked...

1. How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you?

2. Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Pipefitter: 10:12am On Jun 08, 2023
See this mumu, I was expecting you to talk about the untold hardship of the prisoners, you are here pleading on behalf of expert extortionists.. who wan speak for the prisoners?

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by aktolly54(m): 10:15am On Jun 08, 2023
Oakenshield:
That's why the prayers heaped on them always follow them. How can u give prisoners watery beans
na aregbesola suppose address issue like that as former interior minister. May God help Nigeria and those people at the top should do their job
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Pootle: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2023
coolop i know you am the controller general, you losing your job tomorrow grin
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Can you show me the argument you are referring to? When did questions become argument?

1. How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you?

2. Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?

Tailors as well as network providers are paid for their services!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by xjiggy: 10:26am On Jun 08, 2023
Thought you wanted to talk about the suffering of the prisoners. Oga if u no like ur job, suffri suffri resign and stop disturbing our peace
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Thomasankara(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2023
[/color]are u KIDNEY me,comrade so female prisoners dey carry Belle for prison😆😆😆😆😆[color=#770077]
Naijaguy123:

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Glister: 10:33am On Jun 08, 2023
dahgifted:
Almost every sector is full of irregularities and deceit...
This Corntree is far gone.

Allll sector!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by slowice(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2023
Reelmii:
These are the problems tinubu need to look into....May God help him to lead the country right.....

But he's not that intelligent and lacks empathy
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Tailors as well as network providers are paid for their services!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / How Police Officers Assisted Lady Her Car Broke Down In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.