Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol (26038 Views)

Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others / Nobody Can Force Us Out Of South-West – Miyetti Allah / Saraki Is No Oba : 55 Senators Can Force The Doors Open, By Ugoji Egbujo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by SmartyPants(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

There were no vehicles and bikes in Nigeria in 18th century and people lived happier than we do today. What changed?

How would you know if they were happy??
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by leisuretym: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2023
Fine, but NNPCL just said it will cut down importation when Dangote start pumping, this is where I’m confused
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by alobright17(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2023
That declaration on subsidy that inauguration day is simply the best and smartest move.

If he wanted a stake holders meeting first the thing would've entered into debate of agree and disagree. They'll drag it till next president will come.

Fuel substance is Gone.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2023
LeeMason:
He talked without hitting the nail on the head. How would ipman force the price down?

He said for the fact that more Investors can now import petrol independently into the country. That will definitely give room for competition and in the long run, price will definitely reduce by default.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Blaze14k: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Nice one, Tinubu is a wonderful man, he announced subsidy removal and everything is falling into place, what was impossible for 11 years, Tinubu the greatest politician that ever lived do in just one month, what a wonder.

Which wonder exactly?

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by slowice(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2023
When the price of crude oil crashes, then I will see what happens to the price of fuel in Nigeria.... That's is when we will clearly see whose in control of the market... If it's our greedy oil marketers or normal market forces.

Nothing happens normal in this country... Won't be surprise if we pay more for fuel more than Europeans.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by kalufelix(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2023
They can equally make it higher...believe ipman at your own peril..
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Toluwanise247(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Bravo!👍👍

You Guys should do it and Lobby NLC or TUC to support you!

The Fuel subsidy Removal is geared to favour only DANGOTE, TINUBU, AND APC HAUSA/FULANI CABALS, while every Nigerians suffers.😒

They want to Chop Alone in Abuja, and Sideline Independent Marketers. 😕

Those Pple that are saying Subsidy will be Beneficial to Nigerians in the long run, nor Wise! sad

But you are wise? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 continue
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

There were no vehicles and bikes in Nigeria in 18th century and people lived happier than we do today. What changed?

I have been pressing phone since morning because there's no work to do.

In olden days, I would be in the farm. Can I go to farm today as a university graduate struggling with hoes and cutlasses and come to Facebook saying I'm gainfully employed?

Nigeria is done for.

This is an Economics poser that can serve as a Working Paper, if well developed and articulated. Pity is, no one wants to "waste" his time thinking things out again, just because the Rat Race is real and compelling. Great you, sir!
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by TruthinAction: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Tinubu came straight for their jugular by strategically saying in his inaugural speech-“subsidy is gone”. Assuming he didn't make that remark, the fat-feeding cabals would have frustrated plans to remove it.

Now any move the cabals make to frustrate subsidy removal is like a fart in a hurricane, Chess Master Tinubu has outsmarted them. That scam called subsidy has bedeviled us for so long, putting our economy in a chokehold. Yuck!

Tinubu lacks empathy. How can you remove subsidy without making plans to cushion the effect it will have on countless millions of Nigerians who are already going through a horrible situation?

Is this the kind of leader Nigeria desire?

You can't solve one problem and create another one that is even worse.

This is bad leadership.

Great leaders have foresight and make plans ahead of possible occurrence that follows a harsh decision.

I pity Nigerians who celebrate mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by muykem: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2023
They should please do so far it will not return subsidy.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by VinnyBaba: 10:31am On Jun 08, 2023
Sunshine34:
The wonders performed by TINUBU should be studied. No NIGERIAN politician have the boldness, the effontery, the vision, of BOLA AHMED TINUBU.

GOD BLESS BOLA AHMED TINUBU,
GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA,
GO BLESS EVERYONE.

Did he NOT oppose this Fuel Subsidy removal in 2012,
Which you are Praising him for now? 😏

All diz Agbado Goons, Make una Try dey Get Sense, Plz! sad

3 Likes

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by GeneralPula: 10:31am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

In olden days, I would be in the farm. Can I go to farm today as a university graduate struggling with hoes and cutlasses and come to Facebook saying I'm gainfully employed?

Nigeria is done for.
I’m also into farming and I don’t even have a Facebook account..

Is it a must you announce whatever you do on Facebook?

2 Likes

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by ceejayluv(m): 10:32am On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Nice one, Tinubu is a wonderful man, he announced subsidy removal and everything is falling into place, what was impossible for 11 years, Tinubu the greatest politician that ever lived do in just one month, what a wonder.
He's among those that made it "impossible" ten years ago...
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by ceejayluv(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2023
TruthinAction:

Tinubu lacks empathy. How can you remove subsidy without making plans to cushion the effect it will have on countless millions of Nigerians who are already going through a horrible situation?

Is this the kind of leader Nigeria desire?

You can't solve one problem and create another one that is even worse.
It's buhari that removed the subsidy from the budget.

This is bad leadership.

Great leaders have foresight and make plans ahead of possible occurrence that follows a harsh decision.

I pity Nigerians who celebrate mediocrity.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Svoboda(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:

True that. But subsidy arguments have been going on since obj.

Subsidy in itself is good. The only problem is its abuse, coupled with the fact that we import our local consumption requirements. That was the loophole the fraudsters exploited. Angola has also reduced its subsidies on petrol, despite being a top oil producer.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by 2016easy2017: 10:35am On Jun 08, 2023
That idiot nepotic idiot called Buhari. A useless general who was overthrown and NO single soldier fought for him, could not achieve this due to nepotism in his murdering blood.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by ceejayluv(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2023
leisuretym:
Fine, but NNPCL just said it will cut down importation when Dangote start pumping, this is where I’m confused
Independent Importers will bridge that gap. Nnpcl has a 20 percent stake in dangote refinery, so they can decide to lay back with importation.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by muykem: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Nigeria is done for.
Thank God you realise your laziness. The bible said whatever your hand find to do, do it including farming.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by IbileIfe: 10:41am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Nigeria is done for.

There is work to do.
Check out the text message I received yesterday
You have been selected to accept the opportunity to w0rk from home. Only 25 remain. Receive your daily salary of 8000 NGN. detail :https:///2349067527578

Just try
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Bashirkareem31: 10:42am On Jun 08, 2023
TREX002:
oya go back to that century u just mentioned... Is obvious common sense is not common as likened to ur statement...
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Laple0541(m): 10:44am On Jun 08, 2023
It's obvious, once their is no more subsidy for those thieves to scavenge on, the price will be forced down.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Chetas81(m): 10:45am On Jun 08, 2023
This are useless idea of an African citizen, do it without people's awareness, your announcement not needed
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by gfelo(m): 10:46am On Jun 08, 2023
i believe the Ndigbo will independently build refinery without government support get their crude from anywhere and still sell petrol at a very low price.
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by lexy2014: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Tinubu came straight for their jugular by strategically saying in his inaugural speech-“subsidy is gone”. Assuming he didn't make that remark, the fat-feeding cabals would have frustrated plans to remove it.

Now any move the cabals make to frustrate subsidy removal is like a fart in a hurricane, Chess Master Tinubu has outsmarted them. That scam called subsidy has bedeviled us for so long, putting our economy in a chokehold. Yuck!

Who are these "cabals"? Are they ghosts?

If you say fuel subsidy is a scam, that means there must be scammers. Pls who are the scammers?

How is fuel subsidy a scam?
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2023
Kingpele:
Please force it down..now for those of u celebrating subsidy removal..I believe you guys were very young or not yet born when we had the best refineries in Africa .then there were depots in strategic areas to serve the federation like porthacourt depot . One in capital of benue state then etc..all this tankers that carry water now was used in those days to distribute PMS to filling stations directly from nnpc depot across the federation,with monitoring system in place that eliminate to some extent divasion of PSM from its registered destinations ..but with time the government ran the refineries aground. Then gave NNPC the right to export crude oil and to import PSM into the country..with time through NNPC government gave individuals right to import PSM and that's is how subsidy came into the picture...government through NNPC began to subsidised the imported fuel because the cost of importation is high and if citizens were to buy it like that it will be very expensive...now the solution is not to remove the subsidy..rather it's to remove the reason subsidy came into the game by bringing back our refineries as it were before subsidy came ...is a pity our greedy political class enjoyed this country in the seventies and eighties but now they want us and our children to endure their( greed induced) unnecessary suffering in this country....

It's "PMS"...not "PSM".

Premium motor spirit.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by PussyKing(m): 10:55am On Jun 08, 2023
pandoragirigory:

Same Tinubu was against subsidy removal few years ago grin

So he contributed to Nigeria's woes
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by rajiedreez: 10:55am On Jun 08, 2023
Wawu
Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by djseanjohn77: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2023
HopeSpencer:

Nigeria is done for.

I had this friend in my NYSC days, he was a big boy, fine boy, jovial etc- after NYSC he was without job for 2 years, he later found one marketing job, he quitted 6 months later and became a farmer - I lots track with him when I traveled out, today he is a millionaire, even trains people on how to farm, raise breeds of seedlings etc. he has his yoghurt factory, from products of his farm.

No start from somewhere, be waiting for stipends from government, when your mates are adding value to the country.

1 Like

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by magzey: 11:06am On Jun 08, 2023
We pray it will come to pass. grin

Re: IPMAN Says It Can Force Down Prices Of Petrol by CodeTemplar: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Mismanagement of a welfare scheme doesn't make the scheme a fraud.
Tell uncle Yekini to fight corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#BuhariOptics Is A Topic Now Trending On Twitter / Kabba And Ayere Road In Kogi Becomes Death Trap As Residents Cry Out (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.