Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri (18112 Views)

The Anambra Now Proposed Law To Protect Indigenous People Of Anambra / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes / Indigenous Peoples Union Of Niger Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by tsdarkside(m): 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
Zionmdde:

Have they every physically fought you, stole your land, killed your brother?

How will u distinguish between ifeanyi from SS and ifeanyi from SE, or Amaechi from SS and Amaechi from SE?

Just to remind u that a lot of yorubas are building houses and prospering in the lands where an ameachi is an indigene.

dont add us south southerners to you....!!
we no dey go another mans area go dey ask for trouble....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by bobo65(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mindlog:

My family paid for ours and it reads 99 years lease, I am waiting for one riff raff to crawl out to reclaim those plots of land, even if Lagos state government wants them.... they would pay the market value of the property.😆😆😆

I dey wait too
These ppl days craze oh
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Jayhome24: 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Omokri just ignore those ingrate invaders the law will be pass and nothing will happen.

They boasted they built Lagos my a s s did Lagosian invited them to build their land? So shameless talk building someone's land and your own land a desolate caves what a stupid statement.

Go and build your region pls go no one invited you to SW or SS or North pls gerraoutta others region.

Lagos govt must pass that law ASAP if anyone not please with it pls go back to your land no be by force to stay in Lagos.

Other SW state and SS states should learn from Yoruba mistake "being too nice does not mean being stupid".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by vee22: 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Definition of indegene of lagos. Is it lagos belongs to all yorubas or if you are igbo you are not lagosian
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by goodnessme1(f): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
HomorBj:

our government really needs to reintroduce history to our syllauses.Well,you can enlighten yourself,read up.
Really history or Yoruba history just like the one you quoted up there?

1 Like

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by PepeXKermit: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jogs1900:

I even read somewhere.that Canada has stopped selling lands to the Chinese.
Kudos to Obasa for this.

I dont get, are people who are nigerians, non-lagosians, living in Lagos not entitled to own property anywhere else anywhere in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Christistruth03: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
nigga..

There is one Nigeria, but there is no one ethnic group.

Again, united kingdom consists of more than 3 countries. But they all respect each other's boundary.

A Scottish won't go to London and start claiming no man's land because UK is one country.

Give yourself brain.

Thank you Reno

We Challenge any immigrant or Official in the UK to openly defiantly refuse to swear loyalty and allegiance to King Charles III of England and his heirs and see the Calamity that will befall you before they Chase you out of the UK finally

Your life in the UK is finished

1 Like

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by KingPure(m): 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
When you see a tribeless "tribe", they see victimisation in almost everything. Even among themselves, they play that card with vigour. They'll say; 'this one is from the bush, and that one is from Isreal'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by gidgiddy: 8:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
you can be one Nigeria from afar.

One Nigeria doesn't give you the right to take over my land and call it no man's land.

There is one UK but British, Scottish, and Welsh all know their boundaries.

Thank you and fhuck off..

Then that means there is nothing like 'one Nigeria'. If you own your land and I own my land, where is this one Nigeria? On the moon? One Nigeria means we all own the land. If it is not like that, let us all stop deceiving our selves with the fraud called one Nigeria
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by femisplash: 8:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by sneedpahpaz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
gidgiddy:
If every ethnic group were to enact laws to protect themselves and their lands from outsiders, then where is this "one Nigeria" people keep talking about?

Does one Nigeria stop at the entrance to my village and begin at the exit?

Reno Omokiri is talking about indigenous rights in America and Canada, has he ever heard of anyone saying 'one America' or 'one Canada'? They dont say that because no such thing exists, their unity is based give and take

But it is only in Nigeria that people will be shouting 'one Nigeria' from morning till night but will be angry when you call Lagos no mans land. One Nigeria means that we all own the land

But you shout 'one Nigeria' and tell me the land belongs to you? If you own your land and I own my land, then let us agree that 'one Nigeria' is a fraud

The hypocrisy in Nigeria is higher than Mount Everest

Bros, abeg if Yoruba or Hausa man calls Anambra or Enugu 'No Man's Land', what do you think will be the fate of that unfortunate fellow? Beheading will be the least. The point is Ibos can't condone most of what they do in other parts of the country, isn't that hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by zeuss: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:
Even in Europe and America. The government regularize how Arab, Russians and Chinese can own property there.

Igbo claimed they are the ones that are developing us and we said that don't develop us again. all of a sudden they are crying.

They should go back to their war torn region that is full of pain and agony; we are tired of their criminal lifestyle here.
Olodo in Europe an USA dey dnt rely on Ibo crude oil for survival
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by NinjaMetahuman: 8:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
gidgiddy:

Then that means there is nothing like 'one Nigeria'. If you own your land and I own my land, where is this one Nigeria? On the moon? One Nigeria means we all own the land. If it is not like that, let us all stop deceiving our selves with the fraud called one Nigeria
nigga..

Again, united kingdom consists of more than 3 countries. But they all respect each other's boundary.

A Scottish won't go to London and start claiming no man's land because UK is one country.

Give yourself brain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by NinjaMetahuman: 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
gidgiddy:

it's like you have comprehension problem.

I don talk my own.
Do your one Nigeria from afar. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by gidgiddy: 9:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
nigga..

Give yourself brain.

So have you ever heard of 'one united Kingdom'? One Nigeria is supposed to mean that we all own the land. If it is not like that, stop deceiving anyone that there is anything like 'one Nigeria'
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by DatNiggaDaz: 9:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alliswell248:

Childish rant

Counter him like an intellect.
Counter wetin. Sometimes I dont understand you people. Do you know what indigenes means. Do you know how laws that are made for indigenes works. Do you also realise that, that type of laws will affect you, yourself. You think you are talking of the Eskimos laws or the laws for the Aborigines of Australia You think Nigeria looks like the Land of present day Aborigines. You want a progressive society according to the Apc Tinubu and you want to make laws in a " modern progressive " society to protect indigenes. grin grin

Some of you with your so called education are something else.

Hatred have eaten too deep in your genes tgat it has blinded you fröm seeing your evil laws as hatred

O' mockery should wait until the English start making laws for the English indigenes, i woll see how many of o mockery school of hatred that will be in English Land. Since he is a coward to come home alone, that English laws might be of help.

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by stanbright(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
be asking me foolish question na..
I can bet anytime you aren’t from lagos, you don’t even have any property their but you come here to talk rubbish
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by chaloskyx: 9:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
tell them o and every indegenous people that feel threatned and subjugated by a forced union should also be allowed to leave and form biafra to protect their indignes abi you ppl dont agree?
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by stanbright(m): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jogs1900:

Waoh...too bad...They are the ones that introduced fake products into our market, yet they call it business.
if you believe that story that nigga just said,your brain is just like that of a toddler in pre nursery
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by zrocky: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
beerfraud:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1666820025171181568
I read the comments and all I can say is sad. If you feel igbos are a threat why not divide the country and let them go. You will have your lagos and if igbos want to leave in lagos they will need visa.

Just imagine the write and we all call ourselves Nigerians. E go te before I come back to this country
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Jogs1900: 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
PepeXKermit:

I dont get, are people who are nigerians, non-lagosians, living in Lagos not entitled to own property anywhere else anywhere in nigeria?
Don't be preemptive dude,
Have you seen the bill?
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Jogs1900: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
DMerciful:
They cannot do it because it will be unconstitutional! You cannot collect Delta oil money as part of allocation and deny me my right as a Nigerian citizen in Lagos.
Is it Lagos state government that is collecting Delta oil money?

2 Likes

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by 9jaRealist: 9:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:
Even in Europe and America. The government regularize how Arab, Russians and Chinese can own property there.

Igbo claimed they are the ones that are developing us and we said that don't develop us again. all of a sudden they are crying.

They should go back to their war torn region that is full of pain and agony; we are tired of their criminal lifestyle here.
Jogs1900:
I even read somewhere.that Canada has stopped selling lands to the Chinese.
Kudos to Obasa for this.

You mean the same America where you are automatically a citizen if you were born there?
The same America you become can easily become a citizen after a few years of living there?
Or same America some of you were celebrating this morning that a Yoruba Nigerian became first black mayor in Colorado?!

Do you even know the meaning of CITIZENSHIP of the SAME nation? If “Europe (which I hope you realize is not a country) and America” purportedly “regularize” (whatever that means) how “Arab(sic), Russians and Chinese” can own property there, it would be in respect of Arabs, Russians and Chinese who are NON-citizens, and definitely NOT against CITIZENS regardless of whether those CITIZENS are of Arabic, Russian, Chinese, nor indeed any other national origin or ancestry!

While most of the advanced world are celebrating DIVERSITY, and are busy trying to attract as much talent from as they can from wherever they can, so many Nigerians are SLIDING BACKWARDS INTO THE DARK AGES RETREATING INTO PRIMORDIAL ETHNIC ENCLAVES (mental, social and physical), and then they wonder why Nigeria continues to degenerate from the Third World S/hole most folks agree that it already is - and thereafter IRONICALLY “japa” off to other people’s homelands!
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by clericuzzio(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
The mofo should ask if those who wants to make the laws are from Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by izonborn098(m): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
The truth is bitter. Goodnight
GetSenseNow:
You're a bastard. A full-fledged slowpoke but no one wants to tell you
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by 9jaRealist: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jogs1900:
Is it Lagos state government that is collecting Delta oil money?

What did you think built Eko Bridge, Third Mainland Bridge, Tin Can Island Port, Murtala Muhammed Airport, Apapa-Oworonsoki Expressway, Badagry Expressway, National Theatre, National Stadium, Festac Town, etc., etc.?! MC Oluomo’s Agbero “taxes”?!
>
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by StarRiderr: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
So Igbos are now foreigner in Nigeria that you are comparing with Canadians stopping to sell their lands to Chinese (mek una just dey play) it's even better if Yorubas stop selling Thiers lands to Igbos it's a welcome development.... mek we Igbos start dey reason well
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Jogs1900: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
9jaRealist:

What did you think built Eko Bridge, Third Mainland Bridge, Tin Can Island Port, Murtala Muhammed Airport, Apapa-Oworonsoki Expressway, Badagry Expressway, National Theatre, National Stadium, Festac Town, etc., etc.?! MC Oluomo’s Agbero “taxes”?!
>
Is it oil money that they use to build the Nigeria embassy in the UK?
Is it oil money they use to build UNN?
Before oil, was it not Lagos money that they used to develop the whole of the south?
Tell us what the south east sacrificed for Nigeria...Its only the southeastern that are against this..

3 Likes

Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Topmaike007(m): 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nvestor02:

read what you write again for three times and you will notice you write total rubbish so you mean A man from California can't buy land in New York because he is not an indigene of New York but he is an American.. you don dey Colo your example is misleading and gibberish because One a Russian is a visitor in another man's country and I am from Ebonyi State a Nigerian and I can do as I like in as much I do not go against the laws under the constitution and the way I will behave in any part of this country them no born any Chinese well that's because I am a Nigerian..

So that law won't stand because I am a Nigerian
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by izonborn098(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
Are u okay? I don't want to insult u
stanbright:
you are a big foolish liar
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by beerfraud: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
zrocky:
I read the comments and all I can say is sad. If you feel igbos are a threat why not divide the country and let them go. You will have your lagos and if igbos want to leave in lagos they will need visa.

Just imagine the write and we all call ourselves Nigerians. E go te before I come back to this country
where did he mention Igbo?
Re: Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri by Ayomivic(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
beerfraud:

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1666820025171181568

Omokori you are right. Every indigenous must have law that protect them.

This should not applicable to Lagos alone but to all communities in Nigeria. Let the law guide all the indigenous people of the land.

It is right we identify who is Nigerians and ho are not.

let have I D card that shows you are indigene of so so community.

If you are hosted in one community for instance the Fulanis , you must identify yourself with the community that hosted you and the law must back it that you are a sojourner in that land.

There must be law that back your staying in that land

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Detained For Allegedly Criticising Bayelsa Governor On Facebook / Bomb Explosion Rocks Biu, Borno State / 774,000 Jobs: Senate Panel Demands Names, Account Details Of Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.