Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,329 members, 7,867,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? (3587 Views)

Baby Dies 2 Weeks After An Encounter With My Fianceé / Man Filmed Having Sex With A Mad Woman Broad Daylight In Akwa Ibom (VIDEO) / She's Only 16 But She Fine Scatter, Her Body Dey Mad Person! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Waffarianman(m): 4:09pm On Sep 10, 2023
Rubyjade:
Share you experience with a mad person

Me yes first time was at badagry roundabout mad man walks up to me that he's hungry Was doing my thing I kukuma tell am to meet mama put by the side of the road to sell food for him, mama put signal me bros bros make I sell food for am I said yes that am coming. After i finish what am doing I went and pay for what the mad man bought

Second was last week Sunday another mad woman ask me for money at the market in delta me tell am say I go buy food for you I no go give you money later bought fried potatoes and akara for her

2 Likes

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2023
Yes.

On Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by oriakuuzoma: 12:02am On Sep 11, 2023
Rubbish.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by jflower06(m): 2:36am On Sep 11, 2023
Hamachi:
Some days back, I was out for a stroll and while returning, I decided to sit back in the bus stop waiting for the bus, as it started to drizzle. I had probably been sitting there for about two minutes without looking up. When I finally do, I notice a guy on the corner about 20 feet away staring intently at me. He’s hunched over facing me in the classic zombie pose wearing a large coat and gloves. I didn’t know how long he’d been standing there, but it was day time and the area is relatively populated so despite being the only people on the street, I wasn’t too worried.

I went back to looking at my phone, but kept discreetly glancing in his direction to see if he was still there. He didn’t move or stop looking at me for probably another minute of a half, just sunken shoulders with his unblinking eyes pointed directly at me.

Before I have a chance to look up, the zombie is sitting within an inch of me on the road. I’m a polite girl so I give him a vague smile while my inner self and personal space are screaming at me to get up and leave. He asks me the time, so I let him know and he just continues to sit there still.

I can’t fight my manners so I ask him if he needs something and he gives me a gloved double-thumbs up and stares at me. I ask him if that meant he’s good. To which he responds with another double thumbs up. I assume that was him saying he is all good. I turn back to my phone. He then begins laughing, like full belly laughing.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I didn’t really know how to respond so I tell him to have a nice day and proceeded without batting an eye. I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back and then stopped dead in my tracks. He was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What the hell do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper, "What the hee…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

You really get mind oo

1 Like

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Hamachi(f): 8:53am On Sep 11, 2023
cool
jflower06:

You really get mind oo
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by jflower06(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2023
Please, what's really going on in your mindwhile the mad man was sitting on the road right in front of you?
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by tonicyril: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
My residence was at a different direction from the rest, so at one point we went our separate ways and I started walking alone... I was just walking slowly and calmly because there were street lights everywhere and the were also security guards patrolling the entire campus... If something happened and I screamed, they were going to hear me... I was even singing while walking.. grin grin grin

Everywhere was quiet and apart from the security guards, I was the only one walking in that area at that time, then I heard someone shouting from a distance, I didn't pay much attention, I thought maybe the guy was fighting with his girlfriend over the phone... grin grin grin

I kept walking calmly, but as he got close, I started paying attention to what he was saying and he was talking about a girl in a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans, I realized that I was the one wearing a yellow t-shirt and blue jeans, I then started picking up my pace but this guy was already close enough.

He ran towards me and held me from behind, he greeted me and insisted to walk with me, I told him I was fine, but he wouldn't take a no for an answer... So I let him be because he was starting to make me uncomfortable, we walked silently... As I reached my residence, I told him to go, that I've now reached my residence, but he insisted on walking me to the main entrance of the residence, I let him be because already I was sensing that something was wrong.

As I got to the main entrance, I knocked on the guard room window for the security guard to unlock the main entrance burglar bars for me to get it... She saw me with a guy and told me that visiting hours have ended at 10pm, that guys were not allowed to get in, I told her that I didn't know the guy, that he just followed me... The guy didn't like what I said and he started getting aggressive, I told him to let go of me but he didn't want to let go... The security guard came to my rescue, he then started fighting the security guard, I quickly ran to my room and locked the door.

The security guard was a woman, so she called more security guards for backup, two male security guards came rushing, but the guy was too strong and it seemed like he was overpowering the two male security guards along with the female one... I used to hear stories of mentally ill people being too strong when angry, but I witnessed it that night.. grin grin grin.. I was watching everything through I window in my room because his reaction really terrified me, more security guards came and the paramedics were also called... He was taken by an ambulance, I'm not sure how they finally managed to get him to cooperate and get into the ambulance.

Maybe the paramedics injected him with some sedatives or something to make him weak, I don't know.

Apparently the guy was busy studying at the library when he started acting weird at around 1am and disturbing other students, he was then kicked out of the library.

Ooh, what a narrow escape for ur dear coochie, what a narrow escape, I am just imagining the damage he would have caused, there would have bn much tears and bruises allover the orifice grin grin

I am really sorry for the offensive use of word ma'am but that is what I could tink about just now... grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2023
After what happened, I told myself that I would never walk outside after midnight again.

But two weeks after what happened, I found myself walking down the same road at around 2am again like nothing happened... grin grin grin
tonicyril:

Ooh, what a narrow escape for ur dear coochie, what a narrow escape, I am just imagining the damage he would have caused, there would have bn much tears and bruises allover the orifice grin grin

I am really sorry for the offensive use of word ma'am but that is what I could tink about just now... grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Bouncing2(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2023
Hamachi:
Some days back, I was out for a stroll and while returning, I decided to sit back in the bus stop waiting for the bus, as it started to drizzle. I had probably been sitting there for about two minutes without looking up. When I finally do, I notice a guy on the corner about 20 feet away staring intently at me. He’s hunched over facing me in the classic zombie pose wearing a large coat and gloves. I didn’t know how long he’d been standing there, but it was day time and the area is relatively populated so despite being the only people on the street, I wasn’t too worried.

I went back to looking at my phone, but kept discreetly glancing in his direction to see if he was still there. He didn’t move or stop looking at me for probably another minute of a half, just sunken shoulders with his unblinking eyes pointed directly at me.

Before I have a chance to look up, the zombie is sitting within an inch of me on the road. I’m a polite girl so I give him a vague smile while my inner self and personal space are screaming at me to get up and leave. He asks me the time, so I let him know and he just continues to sit there still.

I can’t fight my manners so I ask him if he needs something and he gives me a gloved double-thumbs up and stares at me. I ask him if that meant he’s good. To which he responds with another double thumbs up. I assume that was him saying he is all good. I turn back to my phone. He then begins laughing, like full belly laughing.

Deciding he was probably drunk, I didn’t really know how to respond so I tell him to have a nice day and proceeded without batting an eye. I stepped as close as I could to the road to give him the majority of the sidewalk to pass me by.

I took my eyes off of him to cross the empty street. As I reached the other side, I glanced back and then stopped dead in my tracks. He was standing with one foot in the street, perfectly parallel to me. He was facing me but still looking skyward. Smile still wide on his lips.

I was completely and utterly unnerved by this. I started walking again, but kept my eyes on the man. He didn't move.

I was so shocked that I stood there for some time, staring at him. And then he started moving toward me again. He took giant, exaggerated tip toed steps, as if he were a cartoon character sneaking up on someone. Except he was moving very, very quickly.

I'd like to say at this point I ran away or pulled out my pepper spray or my cellphone or anything at all, but I didn't. I just stood there, completely frozen as the smiling man crept toward me.

And then he stopped again, about a car length away from me. Still smiling his smile, still looking to the sky.

When I finally found my voice, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind. What I meant to ask was, "What the hell do you want?!" in an angry, commanding tone. What came out was a whimper, "What the hee…?"

Regardless of whether or not humans can smell fear, they can certainly hear it. I heard it in my own voice, and that only made me more afraid. But he didn't react to it at all. He just stood there, smiling.

And then, after what felt like forever, he turned around, very slowly, and started dance-walking away. Just like that. Not wanting to turn my back to him again, I just watched him go, until he was far enough away to almost be out of sight. And then I realized something. He wasn't moving away anymore, nor was he dancing. I watched in horror as the distant shape of him grew larger and larger. He was coming back my way. And this time he was running.

I ran too.

I ran until I was off of the side road and back onto a better lit road with sparse traffic. Looking behind me then, he was nowhere to be found. The rest of the way home, I kept glancing over my shoulder, always expecting to see his stupid smile, but he was never there.

Your writing is f*king gooood

2 Likes

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by tonicyril: 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
After what happened, I told myself that I would never walk outside after midnight again.

But two weeks after what happened, I found myself walking down the same road at around 2am again like nothing happened... grin grin grin
Even me a man, I would never allow myself to walk in the night alone laelae...

And u as a lady, please refrain from threading that path ma, its injurious to the wellbeing of female folks u know

If my daughter mistakenly tell me she walked around in that hour, I swear I don't want to listen to her excuse, she must collect

1 Like

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2023
But it was on campus and the street lights and security guards were everywhere.
tonicyril:

And u as a lady, please refrain from threading that path ma, its injurious to the wellbeing of female folks u know

If my daughter mistakenly tell me she walked around in that hour, I swear I don't want to listen to her excuse, she must collect
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
A nyaope final year student that was busy studying in the library and all of a sudden started acting weird?

The following day there were videos of him disrupting the library.

Well, I don't know... Maybe he was on drugs, maybe he wasn't, I don't know.

Back then in boarding school we dared not look at our seniors in the face or even go close to them casually but on this very day, this JSS2 boy started screaming MY MOTHER MY MOTHER THEY WANT TO KILL MY MOTHER. one senior was walking down the dorm naked then this boy turned to him and grabbed the seniors hands still screaming then he stopped and started shouting YOU KILLED MY MOTHER MY MOTHER HAVE KILLED ME. oh boy the whole dorm was frozen. on a normal day that boy for chop general beating but even the seniors were shocked & frozen. next thing, the boy ran out of the room screaming but he was immediately rushed to the clinic by the students and was given some drugs that put him to sleep.
He woke up and couldn't remember a thing. This was in 1993.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by tonicyril: 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
But it was on campus and the street lights and security guards were everywhere.

Lol, I don't see life the way u see it, as in don't tell me u re trusting the security men..lol, u dey trust human, ur eye will see wetin ur mouth can not talk grin grin

As u re looking at me I don't trust anybody apart from
1)my first love...(to some extent)
2)my palm..(100%)

Every other tins or person...lol a no dey trust. I don't even trust my pocket grin

Wait lemme raise a scenario, what if a security man hide at a dangerous corner and appear behind you, pointing his weapon at you and ask you to go into the Bush which he had prepared??
What if they were two planning it together..
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Well, from the area where I'd usually part ways with my friends, it's an open space and there's no bush anywhere... There are just pavings and a lawn on the side.

On top of that, every campus building has got security guards and if I screamed, I'm sure one of them was going to hear me.

And the campus securities were only allowed to carry batons... They didn't have any deadly weapons... I was told that the last security company the university had hired used guns, but one time during a strike some of the security guards ended up shooting the students, injuring them and the university had to terminate the contract with the company and it eventually closed down... It was around 2007.

I also know one lady who survived a stray bullet during that strike... She was shot in the head and according to her, she wasn't even part of the strike, but she was busy washing her clothes when she got shot.
tonicyril:

Lol, I don't see life the way u see it, as in don't tell me u re trusting the security men..lol, u dey trust human, ur eye will see wetin ur mouth can not talk grin grin

As u re looking at me I don't trust anybody apart from
1)my first love...(to some extent)
2)my palm..(100%)

Every other tins or person...lol a no dey trust. I don't even trust my pocket grin

Wait lemme raise a scenario, what if a security man hide at a dangerous corner and appear behind you, pointing his weapon at you and ask you to go into the Bush which he had prepared??
What if they were two planning it together..
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2023
Wow! I wasn't even born in 1993, you must be an ancestor... grin grin grin

Well, with the guy, the whole thing started in the library while her was studying... Apparently he started by taking his laptop and smashed it on the floor.
AllBlack:

Back then in boarding school we dared not look at our seniors in the face or even go close to them casually but on this very day, this JSS2 boy started screaming MY MOTHER MY MOTHER THEY WANT TO KILL MY MOTHER. one senior was walking down the dorm naked then this boy turned to him and grabbed the seniors hands still screaming then he stopped and started shouting YOU KILLED MY MOTHER MY MOTHER HAVE KILLED ME. oh boy the whole dorm was frozen. on a normal day that boy for chop general beating but even the seniors were shocked & frozen. next thing, the boy ran out of the room screaming but he was immediately rushed to the clinic by the students and was given some drugs that put him to sleep.
He woke up and couldn't remember a thing. This was in 1993.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
Wow! I wasn't even born in 1993, you must be an ancestor... grin grin grin
Well, with the guy, the whole thing started in the library while her was studying... Apparently he started by taking his laptop and smashed it on the floor.

Young chappie like me. I am just 32, will you be my sidechic?
back then in uni, we had a name for madness that occurs during study. We say the person has seen BENZENE. I don't know why they call it that tho.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Side chick? What do you take me for?😡😡😡
AllBlack:

Young chappie like me. I am just 32, will you be my sidechic?
back then in uni, we had a name for madness that occurs during study. We say the person has seen BENZENE. I don't know why they call it that tho.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
Side chick? What do you take me for?😡😡😡

This is the exact reaction I got from my last side chic, Now she is pregnant so be careful how you react.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
I was once a side chick or nearly a side chick and I had my ass whooped... grin grin grin

So never ever will I attempt to do it again... grin grin grin
AllBlack:

This is the exact reaction I got from my last side chic, Now she is pregnant so be careful how you react.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:

Never say Never. 😁
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2023
Nope, I'm content with what I have now.
AllBlack:

Never say Never. 😁
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
Nope, I'm content with what I have now.
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2023
I've got a man.
AllBlack:

Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
I've got a man.
and who says you don't.?
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Angrygoat: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
Almost everyday. Taxi drivers,keke drivers,okada,npf...
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2023
I'm not available... So can you just let me be? undecided undecided undecided
AllBlack:

and who says you don't.?
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm not available... So can you just let me be? undecided undecided undecided

who is asking about your availability? you are over thinking things oh. slow down
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2023
Bye.
AllBlack:

who is asking about your availability? you are over thinking things oh. slow down
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by AllBlack: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2023
Samantha124:
Bye.
are you still here? LoL
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by Rubyjade: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2023
tonicyril:

Fear Fear
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by tonicyril: 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Rubyjade:
Fear Fear

No be so bro

Eni ija oba lon pera e lokunrin(person wey never see fight na hin dey call himself man)

U don't just walk alone in the middle of the night without any form of protection, either diabolical or otherwise and say u re strong...no, u re not strong..u re stupid. (Not you)

Look around, why are our politicians not walking alone even in the day
Why are our sophisticated pastors going around with escorts, lol I believe u understand me bro

In the olden days, the strong men we referred to are as strong as the measure of protections on their body, u don't just make mouth around that u re strong with just ur fist, u will be eliminated in a blink. grin(not you)
Re: Have You Had An Encounter With A Mad Person?? by tonicyril: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2023
Samantha124:
I was once a side chick or nearly a side chick and I had my ass whooped... grin grin grin

Come again dearie grin grin

Who walloped your ass?
The man or his wife?? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ff / I Need A Nigerian Girl Like This / Why Are Some Women Exceptionally Manipulative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.