Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,470 members, 7,954,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa (2060 Views)

Chisom Chukwuneke Talking About Chronic Myeliod Leukemia Before Her Death: Video / 'Our Menthol': MC Oluomo/NURTW Banner That Got People Talking (Pictured) / Children's International School Fees In Lagos That Got People Talking (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Pengician(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2023
No bi JuJu bi dat? 😋

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
that reply is PRICELESS!!!!

BTW Nigerian visa for foreigners is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE TOURIST VISA FEE in the world. some countries have to pay up to $250 to get a Nigerian tourist visa.

3 Likes

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Jecci(f): 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2023
Some dumbos always be looking for a way to de market this country.

What manner of self hate is this. Once a foreigner says something good about the country they go on to tell the foreigner that the country is shitty .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by TemplarLandry: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by thisisit: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
A lot of tourist attraction

1. Ongoing PEPT Drama
2. American drug ex-convict cum president.
3. Indigenous Lagos State House of Assembly.
4. BOKO HARAM & ISWAP
5. Bandits and kidnappers.
6. Mass Graves in middle belt.

ETC

3 Likes

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jecci:

What manner of self hate is this. Once a foreigner says something good about the country they go on to tell the foreigner that the country is shitty .

Nigerians are always the first to trash talk the country in public spaces. The same people will turn around to ask why foreigners look down on them or treat them like trash. When you lose your pride, you become susceptible to abuse. When you tell people you came from hell, how do you expect them to dine with you? Your country is not the worst in the world, but you take every chance to convince the world it is. 90% of the bad things foreigners say about Nigeria were narratives pushed by Nigerians themselves, and the other 10% are based on thier individual experiences with the bad yolks that spoil our name.

I'm not saying you should not acknowledge the problems in the country or that you should pretend like everything is good. Being vocal about the issues faced by the country definitely creates awareness and puts pressure on the people to do better. However, I'm only saying that you should be smart enough to know when it's valuable to just keep quiet. Telling a foreigner that has one good thing to say about Nigeria that the country is hell is as if it itches you to hear positive things about your own country does not add any value. No country has ever solved thier problems by trash-talking themselves. How does scaring away potential investors help you move forward? I know people type these things to sound funny or to get attention, but they shouldn't act surprised when they're not taken seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Jecci(f): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
God bless you!!! You just saved me the strength of typing all these.

I wanted to type extensively on this but I was very tired. Thank you for going into details

Honestly it's not funny, we as a people should learn to do better. Not everything should be cruise just imagine the reply of that dumbo someone is excited to come visit your country add value to the tourism industry see the rubbish he typed and I bet he will be feeling cool like he said something nice
etrange:

Nigerians are always the first to trash talk the country in public spaces. The same people will turn around to ask why foreigners look down on them or treat them like trash. When you lose your pride, you become susceptible to abuse. When you tell people you came from hell, how do you expect them to dine with you? Your country is not the worst in the world, but you take every chance to convince the world it is. 90% of the bad things foreigners say about Nigeria were narratives pushed by Nigerians themselves, and the other 10% are based on thier individual experiences with the bad yolks that spoil our name.

I'm not saying you should not acknowledge the problems in the country or that you should pretend like everything is good. Being vocal about the issues faced by the country definitely creates awareness and puts pressure on the people to do better. However, I'm only saying that you should be smart enough to know when it's valuable to just keep quiet. Telling a foreigner that has one good thing to say about Nigeria that the country is hell is as if it itches you to hear positive things about your own country does not add any value. No country has ever solved thier problems by trash-talking themselves. How does scaring away potential investors help you move forward? I know people type these things to sound funny or to get attention, but they shouldn't act surprised when they're not taken seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Jecci(f): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
Etrange just see one of them up here.

thisisit:
A lot of tourist attraction

1. Ongoing PEPT Drama
2. American drug ex-convict cum president.
3. Indigenous Lagos State House of Assembly.
4. BOKO HARAM & ISWAP
5. Bandits and kidnappers.
6. Mass Graves in middle belt.

ETC

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jecci:
Etrange just see one of them up here.

I saw the comment. If you check well, you might realize that individual has never crossed the borders of Nigeria to see what's obtainable out there. But he's somehow convinced his country is the worst place on earth.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by talented321: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jecci:

after they will blame politicians with their fish brains

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by talented321: 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Most of all this nigerians wey get mental disorder has never cross any border sef, so they think nigeria is the worst country in the world when u cannot create any meaningful something 4 your self you blame the nation for own laziness. useless manchi

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Jecci(f): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
With all the mass shootings both the ones reported and the ones that didn't make it to the media going on in the US you never see their citizens making such disparaging comments.
Their president nko as old as he is, man seems to be suffering from early onset amnesia but you never hear their citizens insulting him with that day and night like he is the cause of their woes.
Just see this one insulting his president the number one citizen of this country like he is the one responsible for his manhood not rising.
No respect at all for the office of the president. Heck I didn't even vote for him or wanted him to win but as he did I wished him well and moved on instead of wailiing up and down like aheadless chicken s
etrange:

I saw the comment. If you check well, you might realize that individual has never crossed the borders of Nigeria to see what's obtainable out there. But he's somehow convinced his country is the worst place on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by 1Alex: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
The tweet is up to 8 years old

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by sacajawea: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

BTW Nigerian visa for foreigners is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE TOURIST VISA FEE in the world. some countries have to pay up to $250 to get a Nigerian tourist visa.

You sure of this??

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by DOUBLEBARREL: 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pls somebody help me .........please ooooooo before they say I should have reached out , frustration have almost finished me here 2459958021 G.I.S ,fcmb bank , please I'm not even too proud to beg, but sapa would humble a man to his knees.... please don't ignore sir / ma ,gas finished, no job, no body , house rent expiring, construction job paused, please help me smile in the morning... life is overwhelming.. thanks alot

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
sacajawea:
You sure of this??

at $250 for a tourist visa for some nationalities (like Indian citizen for example), it is by far one of the most expensive tourist visa fee out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
etrange:

How are you sure that the person that made the opposite statement is from Nigeria, can you show me the proof that the person is from Nigeria. Sometime, you guys should always calm down.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 10:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jecci:

If you can't show me the proof that the person that made the opposite statement is from Nigeria, then we will know who the dumb person is. Pointing accusing fingers and condemning your fellow country man as a result of not voting for your favorite is what result to what you are seeing now. The hatred you have towards your own country men is just because they refused to vote for your favorite.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Desusi: 11:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jecci:

You're right my brother, the people doing like that are bastards.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
nnamdi640:
How are you sure that the person that made the opposite statement is from Nigeria, can you show me the proof that the person is from Nigeria. Sometime, you guys should always calm down.

He is Nigerian. He was the dude that created a Twitter poll in 2018 asking Nigerians to chose between president Buhari and a chicken. He was a well known Twitter user back then.

Here is the NL thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4474473/chicken-still-winning-buhari-twitter#67061893

So maybe you're the one that needs to calm down.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
etrange:

He is Nigerian. He was the dude that created a Twitter poll in 2018 asking Nigerians to chose between president Buhari and a chicken. He was a well known Twitter user back then.

Here is the NL thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4474473/chicken-still-winning-buhari-twitter#67061893

So maybe you're the one that needs to calm down.
That doesn't proof the person is from Nigeria, I have a friend in Ghana that said lot of bad things about our so called leaders. When you see him posting all this things about our leaders on social media, you will think he is from Nigeria, the other person is from Togo, this guy really hated Buhari just because he made things unbearable for him when he was in Nigeria trying to survive.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
nnamdi640:
That doesn't proof the person is from Nigeria, I have a friend in Ghana that said lot of bad things about our so called leaders. When you see him posting all this things about our leaders on social media, you will think he is from Nigeria, the other person is from Togo, this guy really hated Buhari just because he made things unbearable for him when he was in Nigeria trying to survive.

Dude, anyone following his account back then knew he was Nigerian. His Twitter was super active. Nobody could've missed that. All these things you're saying don't really add any value or remove anything from my initial comment. Nigerians are very notorious for trash-talking the country. This is very glaring on Twitter and here on Nairaland. Whether this particular individual is from China or Trinidad and Tobago does not in any way undermine what I said up there. So I don't what you're on about.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Mercury12(m): 12:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Igbos stop bring Nigeria down

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 12:41am On Jun 10, 2023
etrange:

Dude, anyone following his account back then knew he was Nigerian. His Twitter was super active. Nobody could've missed that. All these things you're saying don't really add any value or remove anything from my initial comment. Nigerians are very notorious for trash-talking the country. This is very glaring on Twitter and here on Nairaland. Whether this particular individual is from China or Trinidad and Tobago does not in any way undermine what I said up there. So I don't what you're on about.
You don't use one person action to generalize what is not the fact. Hardly do you see Nigerians doing such in social media except you are using this guys own to conclude. Again, there is nothing bad when someone expresses his feelings towards a bad settings about his or her country, hiding it is like harbouring the evil going on, an honest person will always tell you how the situation of things is irrespective who get hurt most.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 3:08am On Jun 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
You don't use one person action to generalize what is not the fact. Hardly do you see Nigerians doing such in social media except you are using this guys own to conclude. Again, there is nothing bad when someone expresses his feelings towards a bad settings about his or her country, hiding it is like harbouring the evil going on, an honest person will always tell you how the situation of things is irrespective who get hurt most.

If you think I made that comment cause of this one individual, then you might want to take a look at my comment history and see where I've made similar comments in the past. Unless you're new to the internet or you just want to wallow in illusions, it is a known fact that many Nigerians trash-talk the country all over the internet. It's the norm here on Nairaland. They do it on Twitter. Even worse, they do this offline. I know because I see them doing it in the country where I live. And it's mostly because they they like to be at the center of every conversation. They make everything about them and cherish the momentary attention.

You've jumped from he's not Nigerian to Nigerians hardly do that and then to he's just expressing his feelings. You obviously just want to argue. Otherwise, you would've seen where I mentioned the benefits of being vocal with the issues in the country. How does telling a foreigner who's excited to get the Nigerian visa your country is hell a way of expressing your concerns about your country? What is the goal? He shouldn't visit the country because Nigeria has challenges? So where are there no issues? There are shootings in the US, kidnappings in Russia, drug dealings in Mexico, etc. How many of these people do you see online trash-talking thier countries? Or you're so sure the traveler hasn't been to places worse than Nigeria?

Dude, please. That specific individual is a clout chaser. He would type anything just to sound funny or get attention even at the detriment of the country he claimed to love. And no, I didn't type that just because of him. He was just a case in point.

2 Likes

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by Typing: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2023
Jecci:

You are painted cause he didnt mention Biafra. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2023
etrange:

If you think I made that comment cause of this one individual, then you might want to take a look at my comment history and see where I've made similar comments in the past. Unless you're new to the internet or you just want to wallow in illusions, it is a known fact that many Nigerians trash-talk the country all over the internet. It's the norm here on Nairaland. They do it on Twitter. Even worse, they do this offline. I know because I see them doing it in the country where I live. And it's mostly because they they like to be at the center of every conversation. They make everything about them and cherish the momentary attention.

You've jumped from he's not Nigerian to Nigerians hardly do that and then to he's just expressing his feelings. You obviously just want to argue. Otherwise, you would've seen where I mentioned the benefits of being vocal with the issues in the country. How does telling a foreigner who's excited to get the Nigerian visa your country is hell a way of expressing your concerns about your country? What is the goal? He shouldn't visit the country because Nigeria has challenges? So where are there no issues? There are shootings in the US, kidnappings in Russia, drug dealings in Mexico, etc. How many of these people do you see online trash-talking thier countries? Or you're so sure the traveler hasn't been to places worse than Nigeria?

Dude, please. That specific individual is a clout chaser. He would type anything just to sound funny or get attention even at the detriment of the country he claimed to love. And no, I didn't type that just because of him. He was just a case in point.
That is your opinion, trash talk is when you downgrade things which are not true but when you say it based on how it is, then there is nothing wrong in that, except you just don't want to be honest to yourself. Even if other people in other countries are hiding their own doesn't mean you will join them and do thesame. As a growing child then, we were made to understand that when you speak the truth, the truth will set you free.

You expect me to keep mute when someone is on social media claiming that there 24hrs electricity in Nigeria. You really need to understand the meaning of trash talk.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
That is your opinion, trash talk is when you downgrade things which are not true but when you say it based on how it is, then there is nothing wrong in that, except you just don't want to be honest to yourself. Even if other people in other countries are hiding their own doesn't mean you will join them and do thesame. As a growing child then, we were made to understand that when you speak the truth, the truth will set you free.

You expect me to keep mute when someone is on social media claiming that there 24hrs electricity in Nigeria. You really need to understand the meaning of trash talk.

Pray tell, why aren't you using this guy's conversation with the white man as an example to make your point? Why did you have to create a hypothetical scenario where someone on social media lies that there's 24hr electricity in the country? I'll tell you why. It's because you can't defend his own so you had to create a new instance just to boost your argument even though the instance you created is not within the scope of this argument based on the exception mentioned in my first comment. In law, we call it the straw man's argument fallacy.

I knew someone would apply that tactics and that is why cause I made it very clear in the very first post you quoted that speaking the truth about the situation in the country has its benefits. So don't make it seem as if anyone is asking you to lie. Speaking the truth and trashing your country at every opportunity are two very different things. The white man did not lie when he said he had a good experience with the Nigerian embassy in his country. How does going to tell him it's because it leads to hell mean you're speaking the truth? Isn't it obvious he just wanted to downplay the credit?

You may hate Nigeria cause of the things happening in Nigeria. Some other person may love Nigeria despite the things happening in Nigeria. When you feel it's your duty to convince the second party Nigeria isn't likable, then you aren't being truthful but antagonistic. When someone lies about the country, feel free to correct them. But jumping in anytime the country is mentioned to tell people bad things about the country is not being truthful, it's being hateful. Nigeria has many issues as well as many achievements. Let's criticize her when we should and giver her credits when due.

2 Likes

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 5:30pm On Jun 10, 2023
etrange:

Pray tell, why aren't you using this guy's conversation with the white man as an example to make your point? Why did you have to create a hypothetical scenario where someone on social media lies that there's 24hr electricity in the country? I'll tell you why. It's because you can't defend his own so you had to create a new instance just to boost your argument even though the instance you created is not within the scope of this argument based on the exception mentioned in my first comment. In law, we call it the straw man's argument fallacy.

I knew someone would apply that tactics and that is why cause I made it very clear in the very first post you quoted that speaking the truth about the situation in the country has its benefits. So don't make it seem as if anyone is asking you to lie. Speaking the truth and trashing your country at every opportunity are two very different things. The white man did not lie when he said he had a good experience with the Nigerian embassy in his country. How does going to tell him it's because it leads to hell mean you're speaking the truth? Isn't it obvious he just wanted to downplay the credit?

You may hate Nigeria cause of the things happening in Nigeria. Some other person may love Nigeria despite the things happening in Nigeria. When you feel it's your duty to convince the second party Nigeria isn't likable, then you aren't being truthful but antagonistic. When someone lies about the country, feel free to correct them. But jumping in anytime the country is mentioned to tell people bad things about the country is not being truthful, it's being hateful. Nigeria has many issues as well as many achievements. Let's criticize her when we should and giver her credits when due.
Can you mention some of the achievements let me see. A country where almost 80% of the people in the country are looking for means to just escape the country and here you are trying to defend that same country, if it was really good for you why didn't you stay back rather you are outside the country trying to condemn people that are just honest with the situation of things, even your so called leaders always find a way to leave the country despite the wealth they accumulated, if the country is ok, why will they be jumping from one country to another, is that the way other leaders from other countries jump into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by etrange: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
nnamdi640:
Can you mention some of the achievements let me see. A country where almost 80% of the people in the country are looking for means to just escape the country and here you are trying to defend that same country, if it was really good for you why didn't you stay back rather you are outside the country trying to condemn people that are just honest with the situation of things, even your so called leaders always find a way to leave the country despite the wealth they accumulated, if the country is ok, why will they be jumping from one country to another, is that the way other leaders from other countries jump into Nigeria.

Again, this is not an argument of whether the country has issues or not. It's argument of how we react when someone has something good to say about the country. Calling me out based on my personal decisions instead of focusing solely on my point is an argument fallacy we call Ad Hominem. I've been on Nairaland long before I left Nigeria and I've always maintained the same stance even while I was in Nigeria. However, I'll indulge you. I left the country not because I couldn't find anything good about Nigeria. I like the weather, I like the food and I like the people. However, I left because despite all these, I prefer the security, healthcare, infrastructure, etc. here.

Now, if a foreigner tells me that healthcare is better in Nigeria than where I stay, I'll call him an ignorant lier because that's not true. But when he says he likes the Nigerian weather, I wouldn't go out of my way to remind him how the country is hell. If I do that, that's no longer expressing concerns but a deliberate attempt to undermine the one tiny almost negligible good thing he has to say about the country. In one of your comments, you mentioned that's it's okay to speak the truth about what is happening in Nigeria. What you fail to understand is that the white man was also speaking the truth about his good experiences at the embassy. So when the dude rushed to cover up that positive truth with his own negative truth, it becomes evident he just didn't want that positive truth to have its moment. So while he might be right about the issues in the country, the white man was also right about his experience, and anyone that cares about the truth would feel the need to suppress that. Dude was just chasing clout.

Point is, Nigeria has a lot of issues and it'd be foolish to pretend that's not true. However, if someone finds one good thing to admire about the country despite these issues, you don't have to rain on thier parade.

1 Like

Re: A White Man Talking About His Nigeria Visa by nnamdi640: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
etrange:

Again, this is not an argument of whether the country has issues or not. It's argument of how we react when someone has something good to say about the country. Calling me out based on my personal decisions instead of focusing solely on my point is an argument fallacy we call Ad Hominem. I've been on Nairaland long before I left Nigeria and I've always maintained the same stance even while I was in Nigeria. However, I'll indulge you. I left the country not because I couldn't find anything good about Nigeria. I like the weather, I like the food and I like the people. However, I left because despite all these, I prefer the security, healthcare, infrastructure, etc. here.

Now, if a foreigner tells me that healthcare is better in Nigeria than where I stay, I'll call him an ignorant lier because that's not true. But when he says he likes the Nigerian weather, I wouldn't go out of my way to remind him how the country is hell. If I do that, that's no longer expressing concerns but a deliberate attempt to undermine the one tiny almost negligible good thing he has to say about the country. In one of your comments, you mentioned that's it's okay to speak the truth about what is happening in Nigeria. What you fail to understand is that the white man was also speaking the truth about his good experiences at the embassy. So when the dude rushed to cover up that positive truth with his own negative truth, it becomes evident he just didn't want that positive truth to have its moment. So while he might be right about the issues in the country, the white man was also right about his experience, and anyone that cares about the truth would feel the need to suppress that. Dude was just chasing clout.

Point is, Nigeria has a lot of issues and it'd be foolish to pretend that's not true. However, if someone finds one good thing to admire about the country despite these issues, you don't have to rain on thier parade.
Be honest, are people not facing hell in this country, how I wish you were in Nigeria during the cashless policy, then you will know that our so called leaders are demon in human form, nearly two months we came out of cashless policy, now another hardship has be set rolling by the present government and you expect someone in such hard situation to speak well about the country, lot of people struggle daily and yet has nothing to show for their hardwork.
You can't be in another man's country and be saying things that you know nothing about, nobody will like to trash talk his or her country, but the situation of things has made many to lose hope, a country that is not fair to majority of the citizens.
I still want you to list the achievements of this so called country you so much believe in but you ran away from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ui Yet To Release Sch Fees3 / When Will Neco Exams End? / Oau Vs Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.