Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) (42537 Views)

President Tinubu Met With Buhari In London Last Night / Atiku Pays A Courtesy Visit To Bauchi Traditional Rulers (Pictures) / Prince Charles In Ghana Vs In Nigeria With Traditional Rulers (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by masseratti: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
saintopus:
The role of the Traditional Institution is one very key area that requires a complete reform to ensure security.
Until there is security the much needed progress would be an illusion.
In the Nigeria Constitution, there were no real responsibilities assigned to the Traditional Rulers. This is the time to reform it.
The incoming National Assembly has this responsibility
the traditional rulers are the main reasons why security has elude us in Nigeria, they do next to nothing than to collect illegal 2.4% of LGA money from federation accounts, party, marry more wives while been unproductive to the economy, they hardly attract any form of development to their various communities, besides paying them is illegal because it's no where in the constitution to pay someone, just because he or she is lucky to be birth by someone, Nigeria is Republic. State police and community police is what we need to secure our environment, also the Chinese model should be copied, if anyone travel to anywhere, your first point of call has to be the nearest police station to announce that you have arrived at the community, in China, cameras are everywhere, you can't move from one area to another without notifying the authorities.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by rummmy: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Seems the one from Ife still dey one of him woman room. grin
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by badoh(m): 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Billionaire2:
The Oba of the great Benin Kingdom can’t be summoned to a meeting in Abuja.
If you want to discuss with him you visit the Benin Kingdom Royal Palace … reminds me of HRH Late Chief Edward Nnaji from Anambra state in the 80s and 90s.
Unnecessary hype. The post of a president supersede that of any traditional ruler in the country. If he's too big to attend meeting called by the president, he should also be too big not to receive his monthly salary from the government. Some of you will just be talking off point. For him to absent himself, he would have written an official mail or send a letter notifying the government of his inability to attend the meeting.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by BrownSugq: 4:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Nigeria must work by all means… every hands must work for progress of this country
Sure, when the stolen mandate is returned

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Billionaire2: 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
badoh:

Unnecessary hype. The post of a president supersede that of any traditional ruler in the country. If he's too big to attend meeting called by the president, he should also be too big not to receive his monthly salary from the government. Some of you will just be talking off point. For him to absent himself, he would have written an official mail or send a letter notifying the government of his inability to attend the meeting.

The Oba of the Great Benin Kingdom is not a salary earner..

go and find something to eat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Hotwest: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pictures.

Na wetin we dey chop

These rulers go carry brown envelope go house
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by francotunsco: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jagaban is not the president of Aisha Yesufu and Pitobi, but, he is the president of Oba of Benin and Obi of Onitsha!

Note: Aisha is from Benin.

Kikikikiki.....
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Zico5(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hamachi:
grin
Oba of Benin, Lagos, Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Ilorin & Kano will always send representatives they can NEVER and will NEVER leave their throne to visit a government officials.
Oba no dey go transfer
Ororo no dey fade
Maybe u have eye problems. Sultan of Sokoto is the one sitting right in front of Ooni

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Judolisco(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Exmilitant:
Do we have traditional rulers? undecided
we have local government senior officers... D day I saw kings sitting down waiting for d local government chairman.... I nearly cried
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by dyera(m): 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
When Yaradua was sworn in,I remember him banning all these courtesy calls and meeting for a while to focus on governance.

Abeg I dey find car to drive on bolt/uber platform abuja.
I deliver without stories.
N.B- I am experienced

Tinubu is doing the opposite because he needs these curtsey call to gain relevance as someone who is ruling with a stolen mandate.

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by EldoradoFx: 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Na oba of be in be the GOAT..the rest na Hustlers grin
OldBeer:
Where is Oba of Benin?
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Judolisco(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hamachi:
grin
Oba of Benin, Lagos, Sultan of Sokoto and Emir of Ilorin & Kano will always send representatives they can NEVER and will NEVER leave their throne to visit a government officials.
Oba no dey go transfer
Ororo no dey fade
dats d sultan of sokoto na, all dis kings I'm seeing r first class kings... Wey get money pass emir of ilorin.. I can see ooni of ife, sultan of sokoto, I can see d deji of akure.... Bro u dey wine? I'm sure d oba of Benin 2 is there mayb camera no carry am... But no be small kings bdis... All first class

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Henry22(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
So no one represented the ijaw people? Even after asari embarrassed himself in Abuja before may 29th.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Henry22(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
iampeterben:
What happened to the Ooni of Ife?

He's busy searching for another wife to marry grin
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by fareed69(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
you will never see the leaders of "that region" cheesy

Yes O, they are bitter leaf 🌿 people
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Lukainoluciano: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
JAMO84:
Bitter leaf people no send their traditional rulers come the meeting?
Ode!
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by treatise: 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
Exmilitant:
All we have are traditional pawns
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Draei: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Billionaire2:
The Oba of the great Benin Kingdom can’t be summoned to a meeting in Abuja.
If you want to discuss with him you book appointment & visit the Benin Kingdom Royal Palace … reminds me of one Late Chief Edward Nnaji from Anambra state in the 80s and 90s. even military leaders couldn’t summon him they visit his palace for meetings & consultations.
otivere:
Oba of Benin will never be among those traditional rulers who leave their palace any how. This why the Benin kingdom remains the most respected kingdom in the world.

See two mumus hyping shiiit. See your Oba here. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7102975/president-buhari-receives-benin-traditional

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by juman(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wow.
Tinubu became president.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by adekolaelect(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Exmilitant:
Yes in Yorubas land where they have respect and good moral for their constituted Authority.

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by IVORY2009(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Toluwanise247:
Nigeria must work by all means… every hands must work for progress of this country

With Tinubu, there are no hope for the poor, its so unfortunate
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by dododawa1: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Is Elegushi is TOP Oba or represent OBA of Lagos.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Bashirkareem31: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
JAMO84:
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
Obi of Onitsha doesn't move out of his palace. You can only visit him in his Obi at Onitsha.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
I love the Oba of Benin, he sends a rep. He will personally meet with Mr President under a much more appropriate circumstances

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by obyno82: 6:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
JAMO84:

Sometimes try and read very well with sense. Didn't you see Obi of Onitsha in attendance. Check yourself because you are the bitter one here.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by obyno82: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
femisplash:
Obi of Onitsha will be reminded that he is an efulefu and that his ancestors are descendants of Oba of Benin.

Try and be smart naaaa. This is too childish from you.

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by obyno82: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Keep running .
Performance shows, he was more Prepared than Others. For this Reason he is therefore Declared President for as Long he Wishes with SUPPORT OF GOD! tongue
Them say he no FIT, he campaigned than them, participated in all than them. Won, HIT the GROUND, KEEP RUNNING than THEM... ,NO be MARATHON RACE, na WISDOM & KNOWLEDGE

You definitely smoked cheap drugs

1 Like

Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by tishbite42: 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Elegushi of Ikate?!
Third class or fourth class?!
What is he doing there?!
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Ellasure: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
otivere:
Oba of Benin will never be among those traditional rulers who leave their palace any how. This why the Benin kingdom remains the most respected kingdom in the world.

how can a son be greater than the father?

Benin sense dey for front.
Re: President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Met With Top Traditional Rulers (pictures) by Toosure70: 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
When Yaradua was sworn in,I remember him banning all these courtesy calls and meeting for a while to focus on governance.

Abeg I dey find car to drive on bolt/uber platform abuja.
I deliver without stories.
N.B- I am experienced
nawa for you osu o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari And Atiku Abubakar Pictured Together Laughing / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Mark Dorsey, Twitter CEO / Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.