Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! (40223 Views)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

He finally drew the court attention to FAYEMI V. ONI (2019) LPELR-49291 (SC) where the supreme court held that the practice direction and rules of court cannot override the right to Fair Hearing.

Akin Olujimi SAN stands up again and the court asks 'So that's all we will do today?'

He noted that the provisions of Paragraph 41(5&6) noted by Okutekpa is totally irrelevant. He also noted that the FAYEMI case did not decide the point which was noted by him.

Pinhero SAN stands again.
But he has resumed his seat as the point he was about to raise was merely a friendly comment, not a legal battle.

Fashanu SAN [/b]stands again.
He noted that the FAYEMI case is far from the case as it is a preelection matter and states that the act of Okutekpa SAN is a professional misconduct to mislead the court.

[ [b]The court vehemently calls him to order that such statements are wrong for him to mention and he's addresses
. ]

Okutekpa SAN stands to object what Fashanu SAN was saying and he [ Fashanu SAN] orders Okutekpa SAN to sit down, in his words are on basis of seniority at the bar and once again.

[ Again,the court calls him to order that his statements are unhealthy. ]

9 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
M4A1carbine:
You are a Tinubu supporter on an LP thread, giving unsolicited and uselessly flawed advice. Who is actually frustrated...talk true, don't cry... grin

If the court allows the witness to testify,by the time he is done,lp time is up today.same delay tactics will continue till obi time lapse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
maestroferddi:
I believe you are not so dumb to reckon that you are being ignored...

The bleatings are disturbing our sense of hearing...

Who gives a flyin fvck about your sense of hearing!

Keep oinking about what’s not.
Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

Akin Olujimi SAN stands up again and the court asks 'So that's all we will do today?'

He noted that the provisions of Paragraph 41(5&6) noted by Okutekpa is totally irrelevant. He also noted that the FAYEMI case did not decide the point which was noted by him.

But he has resumed his seat as the point he was about to raise was merely a friendly comment, not a legal battle.

He noted that the FAYEMI case is far from the case as it is a preelection matter and states that the act of Okutekpa SAN is a professional misconduct to mislead the court.

[ [b]The court vehemently calls him to order that such statements are wrong for him to mention and he's addresses
. ]

Okutekpa SAN stands to object what Fashanu SAN was saying and he [ Fashanu SAN] orders Okutekpa SAN to sit down, in his words are on basis of seniority at the bar and once again.

The court have held that the ruling on the objections will be delivered on the final day.

Okutekpa SAN then notes that the FAYEMI case, there was a mistake, that it is 2008 8 NWLR (PT. 1089) and not 2019 as cited before. He apologizes.

10 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by JasonScoolari: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Datti looks more presidential than Obi... Obi supposed be vice
Is that your only life predicament? 🙂

10 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IfnobeGod20: 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
Broveens42:

This doesn't make any difference. You gave a provision for electronic transmission of results in your act and same act still gave INEC powers for guidelines on transmission and collation of results.
Guidelines are not statutory laws, because they can be adjusted in the event of unforseen circumstances.
Technically, if INEC didn't follow it's guidelines strictly, but at least prove they made effort, they are not culpable. These are the kind of confusion you see in the Royal Niger Company
So you mean the Act should have spelt out everything about election from beginning to the end? You're a novice. Even the constitution that guide the nation don't spelt out everything.
You don't know what you're saying, the latest Supreme court judgement made it clear that INEC guideline is as important as the electoral Act. If you read the 2022 Electoral Act, in many clauses words like "as may be determined by the commission". If the law says you must determine it and after you determined it, you went to breached what you determined, then, you've broken the law.
You can abreast yourself with details from this premiumtimes release link:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/589746-inec-electronic-transmission-of-results-electoral-act-and-matters-arising-by-wahab-shittu.html

4 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by chidiokay: 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
M4A1carbine:
Even though the Tribunal stated emphatically that Technicalities won't be a benchmark to Judge this case, you are still hoping on that? So you think LP doesn't understand that weak underhand tactics?

Tell Olanikpekun that he lost Osun to this same Legal squad because he was hoping on technicalities. Now the same LP, is exposing INEC thief thief brutally and you want to be an advocate for the Umpire?

Agbado FEAR GOD NA!!!

What do you guys smoke in that office sef
?

After taking INEC chairman for is word in chatham one will expect you losers to have learnt a thing But here we are you are still holding PTP judges word to heart .... how dense can people.
So when you people finally lose on technalities you will that shouting the judge promised US.

Is it about what the judges promise or what the constitution says about technicalty .. dey play cheesy

1 Like

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Asweh to gawd PO is an xtremely dangerous guy, and I'm sure tinubu and shettima and atiku knows this. Agbadorians are good with insults but this is d truth.

5 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by M4A1carbine: 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Fashanu (SAN) is feeling the heat and becoming frustrated. grin

Lamidi Garfield1 Apapa is trying to say otherwise..

Well done bro!!

IamV:

. ]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

The court have held that the ruling on the objections will be delivered on the final day.

Okutekpa SAN then notes that the FAYEMI case, there was a mistake, that it is 2008 8 NWLR (PT. 1089) and not 2019 as cited before. He apologizes.

Back to witness:

Q. You came with the witness statement on oath, what do you want to do with them?

A. I like to tender and adopt them as my statement.

Q. Your were asked to provide recording or live interview of Prof. Mahmoud and Festus Okoye. Where are they?

A. They are here.

Okutekpa now applies to tender the flash drive containing the videos as provided by the witness into evidence.

(The whole court is about to watch two people lie to us AGAIN on TV)

13 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IfnobeGod20: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
garfield1:

Same thing in 2019.the guidelines is not law and cannot be a ground for nullifying results
I don't like arguing with you because you always think you know it all but I will refer you to this link below by premiumtimes.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/589746-inec-electronic-transmission-of-results-electoral-act-and-matters-arising-by-wahab-shittu.html

Say what you know and stop saying what you don't know.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by sencekompis: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
UNA don fail again muddy people
Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by JasonScoolari: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
The Manhood Yakubu Film is about to be played. grin

14 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

Back to witness:

Q. You came with the witness statement on oath, what do you want to do with them?

A. I like to tender and adopt them as my statement.

Q. Your were asked to provide recording or live interview of Prof. Mahmoud and Festus Okoye. Where are they?

A. They are here.

Okutekpa now applies to tender the flash drive containing the videos as provided by the witness into evidence.

(The whole court is about to watch two people lie to us AGAIN on TV)

Pinhero: My Lord, the colour of the flash is red, Okutekpa supports Chelsea, he should have brought blue, I'm an arsenal fan.

Okutekpa: My Lord, I brought red to show them red eyes.

The Court: both of you are losers, you went home with no trophy !

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

28 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by Patriot9: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
So far, I have not seen anything or any tangible point that will make the Tribunal dismiss or nullify the February 25th presidential election.
All these court processes are mere legal charades and academic exercise.

3 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by M4A1carbine: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
So you agree you have no case, but are trying to frustrate proceedings by delaying and objecting senselessly to pertinent issues raised?

We know this tactic already na...wait as events unfold.

You will understand soonest...keep analysing Lamidi Garfield1 Apapa...online SAN for Agbadorian rodents
grin

garfield1:

If the court allows the witness to testify,by the time he is done,lp time is up today.same delay tactics will continue till obi time lapse

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by Ddeliverer007(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
chidiokay:

After taking INEC chairman for is word in chatham one will expect you losers to have learnt a thing But here we are you are still holding PTP judges word to heart .... how dense can people.
So when you people finally lose on technalities you will that shouting the judge promised US.

Is it about what the judges promise or what the constitution says about technicalty .. dey play cheesy

I really don’t understand. You know what’s right, but you are happy to support what’s wrong? I really don’t understand you people.

16 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by JasonScoolari: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

Pinhero: My Lord, the colour of the flash is red, Okutekpa supports Chelsea, he should have brought blue, I'm an arsenal fan.

Savage Judges. grin

26 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by adioolayi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

So, the junior SAN wan mislead the court as rightly said by the Senior SAN....no wonder he asked him to sit down grin

3 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by chidiokay: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Next time don't bring your parents and disgrace them publicly.

i thot you already ran to meet seun, which games did your daddy play today ... send code wink

NB: i don't do baba ijebu or lotto

1 Like

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by XY23: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
Patriot9:
So far, I have not seen anything or any tangible point that will make the Tribunal dismiss or nullify the February 25th presidential election.
All these court processes are mere legal charades and academic exercise.

Maybe or maybe not. We're here to interrogate the process objectively. I mean mo one would literally stop breathing if the court rules against LP. If our legal system works, it will work for all.

2 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by Loonyy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
JasonScoolari:
The respondents are arguing against video presentation saying they weren't made aware of it. grin

Cc; @General_Oluchi

Dey Never See Chonchin

4 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by Ddeliverer007(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
garfield1:

But he claimed obi won Lagos,ph

Na you win Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
M4A1carbine:
So you agree you have no case, but are trying to frustrate proceedings by delaying and objecting senselessly to pertinent issues raised?

We know this tactic already na...wait as events unfold.

You will understand soonest...keep analysing Lamidi Garfield1 Apapa...online SAN for Agbadorian rodents
grin

Obi has wasted two weeks,he has one week left

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by M4A1carbine: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
When a Yoruba man uses an IGBO moniker to push narratives, know that it's CORNfused and senile. No time to engage losers

chidiokay:

11 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by JasonScoolari: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Loonyy:

Dey Never See Chonchin
I tell you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by maestroferddi: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
The Tribunal must fine Peter Obi and his lawyers for always trying to come up with issues not stated in their petitions.

This is a big slap on the tribunal. The channels reporter cannot be allowed to tender anything or testify.

It is an abuse of court process under the Evidence and electoral Act.

I have said it before, Peter obi cannot prove this case. He is simply wasting his time.

After the tribunal uphold Tinubu declaration as president, Peter obi is finished politically
You are talking arrant nonsense...

Do you actually know what a subpoena means?

A court process has never been mechanical or robotic ao parties are free to explore all legit avenues which will advance proving their cases...

Ogbeni, I advise you put a little Google effort on the rudiments of the law of evidence...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

Akin Olujimi SAN (for the 2nd and 3rd Respondents) objects to the flash drive, that he was supposed to be served and shown the content of the drive before now and not to just throw it on him here in court.

He submits that having not been served ahead of today's proceedings ,it will deprive them of the right to Fair heating since they do not know the content and couldn't prepare against it.

(Looking for adjournment to go and look at it?)

The court asks him whether this affects the admissibility of the drive. Since it doesn't, no need.
He concedes that he does not have objections and Fashanu SAN have no objections.

we now wait for the court to rule on the drive.

9 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by garfield1: 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I don't like arguing with you because you always think you know it all but I will refer you to this link below by premiumtimes.

Say what you know and stop saying what you don't know.

This is pure rubbish.the supreme court itself stated that that guidelines cannot be used to void an election.infact,they indirectly stated this in oyetola vs adeleke this year.rest abeg
Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by M4A1carbine: 5:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Why are you bothered... is that your defence? Is is your time?

Mr Lamidi Garfield1 Apapa? grin
grin

garfield1:

Obi has wasted two weeks,he has one week left

11 Likes

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by IamV: 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
IamV:

Akin Olujimi SAN (for the 2nd and 3rd Respondents) objects to the flash drive, that he was supposed to be served and shown the content of the drive before now and not to just throw it on him here in court.

He submits that having not been served ahead of today's proceedings ,it will deprive them of the right to Fair heating since they do not know the content and couldn't prepare against it.

(Looking for adjournment to go and look at it?)

The court asks him whether this affects the admissibility of the drive. Since it doesn't, no need.
He concedes that he does not have objections and Fashanu SAN have no objections.

we now wait for the court to rule on the drive.

The Court:

The Court have now admitted the Flash Drive and tagged it Exhibit PBH3.

As the court pleases.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! by tinsel: 5:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
M4A1carbine:
Why are you bothered...us that your defence?

Mr Lamidi Garfield1 Apapa? grin
grin

Obi is just playing to the gallery.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Amaechi Looked Like A Body Guard Here (pic) / Security Agents Harassing Oby Ezekwesili During Lone Protest In Abuja / Parts Of Anambra Buried In Flood Water As Communities Cry For Help (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.