Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Meet Ogechi Nwonye, The Environmentalist Leading Fight Against Climate Change In - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Ogechi Nwonye, The Environmentalist Leading Fight Against Climate Change In (184 Views)

Change In Career Choices, Is It Worth It, Will Be Needing Your Advice. / Is A Change In Career From Agric Education To Data Analysis Possible / Al'Maze °Consulting - GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE AND SUSTAINABILITY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Ogechi Nwonye, The Environmentalist Leading Fight Against Climate Change In by Awesome6s: 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hers is a truism of the saying — where there is a will, there is a way.

Ogechi Nwonye, the Enugu-based environmentalist, waste recycler & social entrepreneur, is one of the brave Nigerians creating solutions instead of complaining about the problem.

Years ago, she was perturbed by the menace of plastic waste in the country and how such affects the environment.

“Over the years, I have come to the realization that we are surrounded heavily by Plastic Waste and we churn out even more as the day goes by,” she wrote on her Twitter page.

Then, she decided to start a movement against it. This inspired her to establish Eco-Cyclers — a social enterprise focused on health and environmental initiative.

Since then, Nwonye has continued to blaze the trail, sensitising people about the dangers of plastic pollution and leading the fight against climate change.

Typical of every noble course, the journey has not been a walk in the park for the environmentalist. But with sheer determination, she has been going strong against the odds.

In this chat with CrispNG, Nwonye reflects on her drive to achieve a clean, safe, and sustainable environment in the country.

Tell us briefly about yourself

My name is Ogechi Nwonye. I am an environmentalist, waste recycler and social entrepreneur based in Enugu state, Nigeria. I am a wife and a mother of three

What do you consider your feat so far?

My major feat was when I started my startup — Eco-Cyclers.

What is your most challenging moment?

My most challenging moment was in 2021 when I had to start afresh a new startup from my previous one.

Read the full chat here: https://www.crispng.com/meet-ogechi-nwonye-the-environmentalist-leading-fight-against-climate-change-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

How To Resign In Style (9 Tips To Resigning Like A Boss!) / Maximizing Professional Potential: Work Opportunities For Men In The UAE / Earn ₦1OO,OOO For Just Inviting Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.