Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,322 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me (22364 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Olawrites: 6:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Keep capping
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by toujurs: 6:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Mumu, these is how poor people suffer and smile, yet still vote their oppressors into government.

I will never be poor in this life. What stops you from resigning undecided.

9 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Gggjhhj: 6:47am On Jun 10, 2023
Funny guy stayed for nine months to be humiliated, i can't stay pass 2 weeks in your job.

Me dat worked in an hotel, same month i started seeing i started seeing attitudes of Ops boss, just took my salary and stopped working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 6:55am On Jun 10, 2023
OkayDaddy:

You're not tolerant, you're simply a big fool.

You are a graduate of a Federal University and they are slapping and spitting on your head. Well, since you can't use your head to think, maybe it is only good for slapping.

Go to the nearest barracks, ask of their military police unit and go report. Tell them the man you work for has been maltreating you and you suspect he's a cultist. That you don't want to involve the police because they don't handle cult matters well.

What they will do to that guy, he won't die but he will be looking at death in front of him like this.

Be easy with your name calling please. Thanks for the advice though.

6 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by OkayDaddy: 7:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Tryagain77:

Be easy with your name calling please. Thanks for the advice though.

I don't have to sooonfeed you or sound nice, I told you the truth. You are being foolish.
Sometimes, people need to be spoken harshly to so their brains can wake up.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by dobaduro: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2023
Honestly the guy foolishness is very amazing. It weak me to the marrow. Even if there is no job outside, there is a level of maltreatment one could take for the sake of 25k you can enter street and get in days. May be there are other things he is gaining there which he don't want to mention. Very foolish human being. Graduates should be ashamed of you

OkayDaddy:

I don't have to sooonfeed you or sound nice, I told you the truth. You are being foolish.

10 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tallesty1(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Kimiso:
I cannot tolerate 20percent of what you've faced with the said boss in question we would have fought vigorously

Omo guy you are too cool
He is not cool, he is dull.

See the tittle of his post sef, My Abusive Boss Finally Broke My Head......... Like he knew it was gonna happen and legit waited for it, only trees do that.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Mantilla(m): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2023
Tryagain77:
I saw a post on this forum which looks similar to mine and that inspired me into writing this to share with people how my boss (former) was abusing me.

I graduated from one of the courses in social science in one of the federal universities and have been job hunting to land a good job but to no avail.

Bills were piling up while I was going down economically. Out of hunger, lack and frustration, I settled to work as a barman in a hotel.

A week after resuming that work, the man that the hotel is leased out to started showing me his true colours. Nobody is above mistake in life. Even minor things that could have been settled without raising eyebrows, he would shout at me and abuse me right in front of customers. He would use derogatory words to describe me and say all sort of inhumane things to me, all to show that he's the boss.

Despite all that, I couldn't leave because I had no other job option at hand. For the 9 months I have worked in the place, these are the things I went through.

1. I have been verbally and physically abused by the said man. There is no kind of derogatory and inhumane word that man has not used on me and most times, right in the presence of customers and also when in the presence of the girls he brings to sleep with.

Note: this is how he behaves with all the staff, not only me.

2. He kicked me, slapped me, knocked my head, spat on me, yelled at me. Calling me a fool, an idiot, useless something etc, was no longer anything worrisome to me again because I got used to it.

3. Because of all these abuses, his friends who use to come there took advantage and started abusing me too. One slapped me the other day because I presented a bill he thought I surcharged him, which we later found out I didnt. I don't blame him actually.

4. You would work 2 months plus before you receive 1 month salary. For example, you would receive January salary between 10-15th of March.

5. Salary was N25,000 but I have never received that amount complete. He always look for something accuse me of in order to deduct our so called salary and pay less. There was a month I received N7000 as my salary.

6. Any customer that breaks a glass pays N1000 for it. When he first mentioned this in a meeting, we thought he was joking, but he was being serious. When he started deducting my salary for broken glasses, then I realized he was serious. I have never heard anything of such anywhere before. That a customer who breaks glass should pay N1000 for it.

What happened on the 23rd of May.
23rd of May was his birthday. He invited friends and celebrated. Right in his presence, one of the guests broke a glass. I'm the only one serving both the bar and guests in the room including food. So it was a very busy time for me. Just because I didn't sweep the broken glass immediately because I was busy serving people, as I wanted to pass, he shouted angrily at me, aimed me with the broken glass and broke my head. I was bleeding and I left the place to a pharmacy to treat the wound. Guess what? He was not even remorseful about it at all.

The following day I tendered a resignation letter with immediate effect. Obviously if I don't leave the place, the man may kill me or make me do something I will later regret.

Now pay me off, he's telling me I need to work again at least another one month for him to find a replacement, if I'm serious about receiving my outstanding salary or I should forget about it. Even at that, I know too well that he will pay me anything he likes, claiming glasses were broken, I did this and I did that. Presently he's looking for job seekers but nobody wants to work with such a crude person anymore. Even someone he sacked as usual over two months ago, he's not been able to replace till today.

Now I'm jobless, hungry and penniless.

I need advice on how to go about to collect my money from this man. I don't have strength for any fight with him. I just need my hard earned money but let it not be until another blood is spilled.

Story of a struggling Nigerian.

Some things don't need peace at all.

You should arrange for his drilling ASAP.

Any way the money is gone,he won't pay you unless you use force way .

Always remember that peace was never an option

5 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Tallesty1:
He is not cool, he is dull.

See the tittle of his post sef, My Abusive Boss Finally Broke My Head......... Like he knew it was gonna happen and legit waited for it, only trees do that.
grin
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Antell95(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2023
You are a weakling. No man born of a woman can raise his hands on me. You dey craze? We for die there

8 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by OkayDaddy: 8:27am On Jun 10, 2023
dobaduro:

Honestly the guy foolishness is very amazing. It weak me to the marrow. Even if there is no job outside, there is a level of maltreatment one could take for the sake of 25k you can enter street and get in days. May be there are other things he is gaining there which he don't want to mention. Very foolish human being. Graduates should be ashamed of you

That idiot is not fit to be a graduate. He is too stupid.

Maybe he's seeing small money to steal there, that's why he doesn't want to save his own life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Clinghton: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2023
Quite unfortunate your country's judicial system supports they wealthy.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Desusi: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2023
Indeed,may God deliver you.Are you truly a graduate? Why doing primary school pupil's job.If l were your father, l will cane you till your brain is well reset. Its true no job in town,but as an enlightenment individual, there are thousands of things you could do.On your former boss matter,just go legal, he will not only pay your salaries, he will pay for damages and solidarity. Period.

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Tryagain77: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2023
OkayDaddy:

You could have done that without negative labeling.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Maybe he's seeing small money to steal there, that's why he doesn't want to save his own life.
It may be pus.sy…

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by juman(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2023
I don't know state where you dey, but there suppose to be a government ministry that deal with human rights. Go and ask they suppose to help you.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by juman(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2023
If you are treated badly at your working place, move.
Leave the place you will get another job.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by ravensckar(m): 11:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Sucre6:

Lols, wait until the man use gun shoot u before u go react, someone dehumanized you u still dey look for excuse for am, so him dehumanizing the op is constitutional abi, ?

Abeg no quote me sounding defeated
Bros, don't waste your time on those weaklings. They are the reason why abusive people are becoming rampant in our society. See ehn, being a big man or rich man doesn't give anyone the right to abuse or physically injure his staff. I've said it countless times and I'm reiterating it, all my life no employer has ever abused me. E never happen before and e no go ever happen. My people in Ajegunle used to say; 'Na from clap dance take dey start'.

The very moment you allow your abusive boss yell at you, then the next thing will be to call you names. Then, he'll go to the next level of slapping you. If you still continue to tolerate it, na torture remain. God punish devil. I once worked for a woman who has the habit of shouting on her staff. The day she tried me, I shouted at her back in the presence of other staff and I told her to 'go fvck herself'. I got fired afterwards but it felt good. cheesy cheesy

Another boss I worked for (who was a cocaine sniffer) has the habit of slapping his staff. When we had an altercration and he attempted it, I told him that I'll beat him to pulp and I won't spend a day in police cell. And I swear to God, I meant it. Baba just calm down sey make dem pay me off.

During interviews when they ask me why did I leave this place, I make it a point of duty to mention what actually happened and to tell my would-be employers that I won't condone abuse in any form. If you like hire me, if you like don't hire me but I'll never give you the power to abuse me.

The summary of my point is that abusers will never turn a new leaf if we continue to tolerate and make excuses for them. Yes, the government has a role to play by enacting strict laws against domestic or workplace abuse. Our institutions too have a role to play in order to curb this menace but the sufferers have the major role to play by not tolerating abuses from their boss.

#My_Take

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by dreamxhaser: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
dobaduro:

Than working for a 50k salary. Its better i enter street bcux i am sure to make more.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Work on your self esteem bro, with the current level of your self esteem anywhere you go people will take advantage of you. You could stomach nonsense Sha

4 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
ravensckar:
Bros, don't waste your time on those weaklings. They are the reason why abusive people are becoming rampant in our society. See ehn, being a big man or rich man doesn't give anyone the right to abuse or physically injure his staff. I've said it countless times and I'm reiterating it, all my life no employer has ever abused me. E never happen before and e no go ever happen. My people in Ajegunle used to say; 'Na from clap dance take dey start'.

The very moment you allow your abusive boss yell at you, then the next thing will be to call you names. Then, he'll go to the next level of slapping you. If you still continue to tolerate it, na torture remain. God punish devil. I once worked for a woman who has the habit of shouting on her staff. The day she tried me, I shouted at her back in the presence of other staff and I told her to 'go fvck herself'. I got fired afterwards but it felt good. cheesy cheesy

Another boss I worked for (who was a cocaine sniffer) has the habit of slapping his staff. When we had an altercration and he attempted it, I told him that I'll beat him to pulp and I won't spend a day in police cell. And I swear to God, I meant it. Baba just calm down sey make dem pay me off.

During interviews when they ask me why did I leave this place, I make it a point of duty to mention what actually happened and to tell my would-be employers that I won't condone abuse in any form. If you like hire me, if you like don't hire me but I'll never give you the power to abuse me.

The summary of my point is that abusers will never turn a new leaf if we continue to tolerate and make excuses for them. Yes, the government has a role to play by enacting strict laws against domestic or workplace abuse. Our institutions too have a role to play in order to curb this menace but the sufferers have the major role to play by not tolerating abuses from their boss.

#My_Take
you have written well bro. Thumbs up
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Sucre6: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
ravensckar:

#My_Take

Better oyel dey your head ✌😎
I hate it when a grown ass man will be behaving like a helpless slave, God forbid some slaves self get self worth pass this op in this scenario

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by CarlosTheJackal: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
I don't ky the kind of sissies that this GenZ are turning into.

Back in the days when I was working paid job, my Boss was verbally abusing me in front of management of Nigeria Breweries, I change am for am there.

Told him never to verbally abuse me again, I told him I have my dignity and he should never ever try such again.

My boss apologize right there and later one of the brand managers told me he so much loved what I did.

11 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Draggun(m): 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
What did I just read? Wtf. Bros I cannot endure 1% of what you endured walahi. As e dey hot, I go change am for you sharp sharp. In 2017, I worked at a supermarket and on my first day at work, the woman accused me of being sluggish and started calling me unprintable names because I was lean asf then.

Omo I Shouted back at her and left never to come back. I no dey take rubbish abeg. If you respect me I go respect you. If you do anyhow, you go see anyhow. If you give me 1 gbas, I go give you many gbas gbos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by galantjoe(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
Report that man to police for battery, attempted murder, etc.

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by SINisSIN(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
Op, how do you want to scale through this very hard world with this is your dummy attitude?

See en, life is very though hence you too need to be tough and once in a while they show madness otherwise you will forever remain a poor person with this your gentleman attitude. Someone treated you this much and you can't show him 1min madness once....you endured all those rubbish in the name of 25k job? Isn't better you dedicated the 9months to get a skill? Driving jobs are everywhere na...

You have to be tough, life is not smiling and not for the slow people.

3 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by SisterAnn(f): 5:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
OkayDaddy:

There's actually no medal for saying the truth.

They were a bunch of coded thieves wanting to finish the man's business.

No business owner would be so aggressive to his staff except they are stealing from him. LoL

But all in all, how can one person take all the insults for a friggin nine months ontop wetin nah?

3 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Fab21: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
Draggun:
What did I just read? Wtf. Bros I cannot endure 1% of what you endured walahi. As e dey hot, I go change am for you sharp sharp. In 2017, I worked at a supermarket and on my first day at work, the woman accused me of being sluggish and started calling me unprintable names because I was lean asf then.

Omo I open mouth tell her say ogun kill you there for saying rubbish. Shouted back at her and left never to come back. I no dey take rubbish abeg. If you respect me I go respect you. If you do anyhow, you go see anyhow. If you give me 1 gbas, I go give you many gbas gbos.

Lol...

Una dey para! 😀😀

I left a work when my 'Team Lead' was telling me I'm too sluggish and not too smart.
Every of his word at me was to damage my self esteem.
Sometimes he'll call me start comparing me with others.
All kinds of little abusive words.

I didn't get my self throughout my stay in that place.
I get home and cried to God.
Anytime I see him heart starts beating faster as if he's god.

I later resigned..
Though it's not been easy but my mental health is more important.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Fab21: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
If this story is actually true, it's terrible; I must say ..
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Draggun(m): 8:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Fab21:

Lol...

Una dey para! 😀😀

I left a work when my 'Team Lead' was telling me I'm too sluggish and not too smart.
Every of his word at me was to damage my self esteem.
Sometimes he'll call me start comparing me with others.
All kinds of little abusive words.

I didn't get my self throughout my stay in that place.
I get home and cried to God.
Anytime I see him heart starts beating faster as if he's god.

I later resigned..
Though it's not been easy but my mental health is more important.

Bros if you no para, them go use you shine. Anything wey go affect my mental health, I dey cut am off ASAP. If my mental health is not stable, I will be unable to perform well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Mummyimbecile(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
I know I am a cool guy, but believe me, I can't take this sh!t from anyone in the name of employment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Private Secondary School Vs Emzor Factory Worker / Who Knows About Early Global Resources Ltd, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.