Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me (22355 Views)

My Boss Refuses To Pay Me My Salary For June Till Now / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. / I Am Leaving My Abusive Job Tomorrow 31st October (please I Need A New Job) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Ifyz0001: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sorry chief,

But sincerely there should not be any privately owned business that you should allow to owe you salary.

It's only govt that should owe you.

You can report this to civil right office and see what comes out of this, since he still owes you salaries and still withholding it, there is nothing to loose than to report him.

You can find another job, walai...it would have been better for you to become an agbero than to accept all the inhumane things the man did to you.

Find another job while learning a skill and who says you will die.

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by ghiloman28(m): 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
Make I help you arrange boys
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by davades(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:
What should I do to this man?

You try again
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
iInjureHerYansh:
Oga rest. Na the same mentality op get weh make am Deh tolerate treatment weh even horse no fit receive.
I can never ever…

Get the same kinda mentality with op. Read my first comment on this thread and don’t just be jumping into arguments you don’t understand!
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Microwhy: 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:
What should I do to this man?
You're a foolish man ..
I just pity your unborn children. Immediately after the glass incident, straight to the nearest police station and report. They will be the one to retrieve all your outstanding.
You're very weak and because of your weakness, you're now suffering and broke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
Fresh out of secondary school at the age of 17, my first job was to manage a bar/restaurant.

Woman had just opened the place and I was the first staff. My start-up pay was 8K (this was about 15years ago).

Subsequently I employed two other serving staff and a kitchen assistant. The owner took it upon herself to be doing the cooking. This woman was everything you described here and more. In the space of 2 months, she had changed 9 workers. She was abusive, intolerant, hostile and always found reasons to deduct salaries even when I was super good at record keeping.

First month she paid me 3K, claiming shortages in drinks and the sorts. Second month she paid me nothing, claiming I was to balance her 2K cause shortages had drained my salary. Luckily, I got to know that whenever I closed shop and went home, she drank bottles of beer with her man friend in her apartment which was behind the shop, and mixed her empties with whatever we had sold for that day, so she wouldn't have to pay for the drinks. So she was flexing her own drinks with her man and we were paying the bills from our salaries. Thank God for her house girl who took a shine to me and had to confide in me.

I quietly used the next one week to manipulate the books, paid myself 25K to cover for the two months I had worked, plus the extra inconvenience, locked her shop neatly in the middle of one afternoon and went home. That was my resignation. She even had the audacity to trace my home but the hostility I gave to her shocked her to her toes. She never looked me in the face anywhere we met afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by iInjureHerYansh: 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
brain54:

I can never ever…

Get the same kinda mentality with op. Read my first comment on this thread and don’t just be jumping into arguments you don’t understand!
Are you not the one saying op shouldn't do anything that he will get arrested?
Na the fear weh Deh una body Deh make men trample on una. That boss is actually a man with no balls. But the funny part is their type trample on weak men. If to say op change am for am the day he spat on him he would have lost his job but at least regained his respect.
Weak men everywhere
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Trustalone(f): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Some people are just too devilish. They feel too bossy like they have achieved so much in life. You should've let him know you are just a worker to him, not a slave.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by emperor4love(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
Prechgold1180:

2019 I was in your position

Not until they accused me wrongly

I was working as a porter. / messenger then I had just 1 degree so I was managing

After they accused me wrongly even when they know I did not resale any room

Imagine what business does a potter has with selling room

Omo the man said he won’t pay me for the month he insulted me and my parents

Sad he (manager ) was my age mate

I left the job cried under rain
Cus I was hopeless I had no money
My rent was due

The rich man still refused to pay my 15k salary

That day I went home parked out of my hus took my load to my grand ma hus

From that day my story changed
I really don’t know how
How it happened

I m doing so well now
I own two house building my 3rd in two different cities

I purposely went to the hotel to lodge parked my car outside
The man see me shock

Don’t give up
this one motivate me ooh,you are into any online earning platform or na physical biz pay you off bro
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Osanoghodua1: 12:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sorry about this friend, I once worked with a boss who talked down on me, I resigned immediately and I was about 2 weeks into the job. It was even a Guinness job in Benin City..He would later sent my money and asked why I didn't resume afterward. When I worked at the bank, my BM wanted to use derogatory words on me, I tactically stop him. If you can, report to civil society in your area or if you hate trouble like me, report to God and forget the money. Go and learn a Skill friend. I have never work for the government, I do different little things to feed my family and extend fellowship to friends and neighbors. Glory to God.

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by FxMasterz: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sucre6:

You don't know me, so don't make comparison, a man assaulted you to dehumanization, you are still here defending rubbish upon all your effort he still treats you like a street dog and withhold your salary and taking his property that worth equal your salary is not constitutional and going against the law, but he dehumanizing you and holding your salary isn't,

Omo, I don't like weak ass men 😒😒😒

If he reports you before you report him, forget anything he's done to you, you'll be the one to be jailed. First report him and let the police do their job. Don't take action that would take you to prison while you're the one being cheated.

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Phillipson02: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:
I saw a post on this forum which looks similar to mine and that inspired me into writing this to share with people how my boss (former) was abusing me.

I graduated from one of the courses in social science in one of the federal universities and have been job hunting to land a good job but to no avail.

Bills were piling up while I was going down economically. Out of hunger, lack and frustration, I settled to work as a barman in a hotel.

A week after resuming that work, the man that the hotel is leased out to started showing me his true colours. Nobody is above mistake in life. Even minor things that could have been settled without raising eyebrows, he would shout at me and abuse me right in front of customers. He would use derogatory words to describe me and say all sort of inhumane things to me, all to show that he's the boss.

Despite all that, I couldn't leave because I had no other job option at hand. For the 9 months I have worked in the place, these are the things I went through.

1. I have been verbally and physically abused by the said man. There is no kind of derogatory and inhumane word that man has not used on me and most times, right in the presence of customers and also when in the presence of the girls he brings to sleep with.

Note: this is how he behaves with all the staff, not only me.

2. He kicked me, slapped me, knocked my head, spat on me, yelled at me. Calling me a fool, an idiot, useless something etc, was no longer anything worrisome to me again because I got used to it.

3. Because of all these abuses, his friends who use to come there took advantage and started abusing me too. One slapped me the other day because I presented a bill he thought I surcharged him, which we later found out I didnt. I don't blame him actually.

4. You would work 2 months plus before you receive 1 month salary. For example, you would receive January salary between 10-15th of March.

5. Salary was N25,000 but I have never received that amount complete. He always look for something accuse me of in order to deduct our so called salary and pay less. There was a month I received N7000 as my salary.

6. Any customer that breaks a glass pays N1000 for it. When he first mentioned this in a meeting, we thought he was joking, but he was being serious. When he started deducting my salary for broken glasses, then I realized he was serious. I have never heard anything of such anywhere before. That a customer who breaks glass should pay N1000 for it.

What happened on the 23rd of May.
23rd of May was his birthday. He invited friends and celebrated. Right in his presence, one of the guests broke a glass. I'm the only one serving both the bar and guests in the room including food. So it was a very busy time for me. Just because I didn't sweep the broken glass immediately because I was busy serving people, as I wanted to pass, he shouted angrily at me, aimed me with the broken glass and broke my head. I was bleeding and I left the place to a pharmacy to treat the wound. Guess what? He was not even remorseful about it at all.

The following day I tendered a resignation letter with immediate effect. Obviously if I don't leave the place, the man may kill me or make me do something I will later regret.

Now pay me off, he's telling me I need to work again at least another one month for him to find a replacement, if I'm serious about receiving my outstanding salary or I should forget about it. Even at that, I know too well that he will pay me anything he likes, claiming glasses were broken, I did this and I did that. Presently he's looking for job seekers but nobody wants to work with such a crude person anymore. Even someone he sacked as usual over two months ago, he's not been able to replace till today.

Now I'm jobless, hungry and penniless.

I need advice on how to go about to collect my money from this man. I don't have strength for any fight with him. I just need my hard earned money but let it not be until another blood is spilled.

Story of a struggling Nigerian.
the bad government is encouraging this when we want to change them you yorubas will sabotage us . I am kogite but yorubas dey show us shege with the Abokis .

Is the hotel in abule egba axis ,
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Adewale1603(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:
He's taking my tolerant nature for granted.
I can't blame you or jugde you, it's your condition that makes you to withstand all these tortures, it's like you don't have a choice. And this ain't any tolerant or gentle nature, this is been a fool, and a lowlife. You re being treated like trash, a slave, a nobody. People dey o.

3 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by hardbody: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sucre6:
Sorry bro, if I was in your shoe, I would run the man street, me I no get time to dey report you to police, upanda, I would run you street collect my money plus interest , rubbish

I wil rent a truck and some street guys, in his present j would carry stuff I would sell to recover my money, I will keep it safe and if after one week he doesn't show up to pick his stuff and pay me, I sell them off, lets be mad together, no be only am get werey

Sounds good to act street and ghetto until he arrests your sorry ass then you'd know who the boss is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Phillipson02: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kimiso:
I cannot tolerate 20percent of what you've faced with the said boss in question we would have fought vigorously

Omo guy you are too cool
he is stupid, he is one of the APC miscreant

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Padipadi(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Do you have images of the broken head?
Contact a respected lawyer in that town or human rights activists or report him at office of the NSCDC. Gather all evidence, verbal, pictorial etc. Master the dates and time. Carry everything to attack him that you resigned to escape your life. Now he's withholding your salary after rendering you jobless. Accuse him of threat to your life. God ll fight for you.

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by ajakuai(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
This must be in one of those Benin hotels.

You were highly humiliated which could affect your self-worth if care is not taken.

Please learn some digital skills.

I work from home with my skill, most of my neighbours think I am into Yahoo because of the constant generator.
They go out welldressed every morning to work, while I boss myself at home with anything I want to buy.

Nonetheless, just make sure you gather evidence to nail him down when you are ready to fight him back. Asin, snap that head and plasters, chat or send him messages demanding your salary, then save his responses.

Do not forget to learn a skill while you wait for a good job.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by TT20: 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:
I saw a post on this forum which looks similar to mine and that inspired me into writing this to share with people how my boss (former) was abusing me.

I graduated from one of the courses in social science in one of the federal universities and have been job hunting to land a good job but to no avail.

Bills were piling up while I was going down economically. Out of hunger, lack and frustration, I settled to work as a barman in a hotel.

A week after resuming that work, the man that the hotel is leased out to started showing me his true colours. Nobody is above mistake in life. Even minor things that could have been settled without raising eyebrows, he would shout at me and abuse me right in front of customers. He would use derogatory words to describe me and say all sort of inhumane things to me, all to show that he's the boss.

Despite all that, I couldn't leave because I had no other job option at hand. For the 9 months I have worked in the place, these are the things I went through.

1. I have been verbally and physically abused by the said man. There is no kind of derogatory and inhumane word that man has not used on me and most times, right in the presence of customers and also when in the presence of the girls he brings to sleep with.

2. He kicked me, slapped me, knocked my head, spat on me, yelled at me. Calling me a fool, an idiot, useless something etc, was no longer anything worrisome to me again because I got used to it.

3. Because of all these abuses, his friends who use to come there took advantage and started abusing me too. One slapped me the other day because I presented a bill he thought I surcharged him, which we later found out I didnt. I don't blame him actually.

4. You would work 2 months plus before you receive 1 month salary. For example, you would receive January salary between 10-15th of March.

5. Salary was N25,000 but I have never received that amount complete. He always look for something accuse me of in order to deduct our so called salary and pay less. There was a month I received N7000 as my salary.

6. Any customer that breaks a glass pays N1000 for it. When he first mentioned this in a meeting, we thought he was joking, but he was being serious. When he started deducting my salary for broken glasses, then I realized he was serious. I have never heard anything of such anywhere before. That a customer who breaks glass should pay N1000 for it.

23rd of May was his birthday. He invited friends and celebrated. Right in his presence, one of the guests broke a glass. I'm the only one serving both the bar and guests in the room including food. So it was a very busy time for me. Just because I didn't sweep the broken glass immediately because I was busy serving people, as I wanted to pass, he shouted angrily at me, aimed me with the broken glass and broke my head. I was bleeding and I left the place to a pharmacy to treat the wound. Guess what? He was not even remorseful about it at all.

The following day I tendered a resignation letter with immediate effect. Obviously if I don't leave the place, the man may kill me or make me do something I will later regret.

Now pay me off, he's telling me I need to work again at least another one month for him to find a replacement, if I'm serious about receiving my outstanding salary or I should forget about it. Even at that, I know too well that he will pay me anything he likes, claiming glasses were broken, I did this and I did that. Presently he's looking for job seekers but nobody wants to work with such a crude person anymore. Even someone he sacked as usual over two months ago, he's not been able to replace till today.

I need advice on how to go about to collect my money from this man. I don't have strength for any fight with him. I just need my hard earned money but let it not be until another blood is spilled.

Drop his phone number, let's help you call him.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Mayeldah(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let me no talk...

If it were me, it is either I resign immediately or one if us will pay God a visit that day.

My advise to you is to make good friends, networking helps young graduates get jobs quicker, don't be living a poor and isolated life!
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by jeremiah123: 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
You are not a graduate, if you were you would not come here asking what you should do to him, you should have outsourced for other better job even teaching.

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by EthanSly: 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please where is this man and his bar located.. I love dealing with such people who loves to treat humans like trash

2 Likes

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Killermamba: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:

Gather all the evidence including your broken head, look for past and present workers whom he has abused before, get thier statement, head to Lagos state human rights office. And also write/copy bloggers like Sahara reporters or linda ikeji, if possible go back there work for him to get video evidence of his abuse send it to Tunde ednut. Let that bastard trend for the wrong reasons,let Nigerians drag him, let bury his stupid reputation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by jeremiah123: 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
You are not a graduate, if you were you would not come here asking what you should do to him, you should have outsourced for other better job even teaching. Some one broke your head u are asking what u will do, some one raises his filthy hands to slap u, you are asking what you will do to him, even spat at you. I swear in my poverty I still get pride, I won't wait for lawyer or police I will serve him back the same way he served me

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by osculatedon(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:

This is very simple, report him to a strong deity in your community or outside your community. Ensure everything you are saying is true. He will pay you back with interest and will stop treating people like trash.

1 Like

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by VTJN(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sucre6:
Sorry bro, if I was in your shoe, I would run the man street, me I no get time to dey report you to police, upanda, I would run you street collect my money plus interest , rubbish

I wil rent a truck and some street guys, in his present j would carry stuff I would sell to recover my money, I will keep it safe and if after one week he doesn't show up to pick his stuff and pay me, I sell them off, lets be mad together, no be only am get werey
You will later regret taking such step. The person in question has money more than you which make him a step ahead of you. Having money more than you automatically make him has more connection than you.

You can go to jail for your action or pay for what you didn't take
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by SAMBARRY: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:

I think he's just taking that to ride on me.
you were working for a narcissist,he knew that you have patience and tolerance for all of his rubbish hence he kept throwing nonsense at you and you kept accepting it,you eventually resigned and you cannot destroy some tumblers and bottles and if he tries to attack you,use the last anger in you to beat him like you caught a thief

There's a difference between patience and stupidity.patience doesn't mean tolerating abuse and disrespect.na Nigerian married woman wey no get options of having a life if she leaves a toxic man dey tolerate those kinds of abuse you tolerated
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Freighthost: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:

police station is nt nairaland
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by FxMasterz: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tryagain77:

You could have done that without negative labeling.

He didn't label you. He simply called a spade a spade.

Truly speaking, you're very dull, foolish and stupid. You passed through school but school didn't pass through you. Your parents should be ashamed of a son like yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by brain54(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
iInjureHerYansh:
Are you not the one saying op shouldn't do anything that he will get arrested?
Na the fear weh Deh una body Deh make men trample on una. That boss is actually a man with no balls. But the funny part is their type trample on weak men. If to say op change am for am the day he spat on him he would have lost his job but at least regained his respect.
Weak men everywhere
Where did I say op shouldn’t do anything…

Are you sure you can read?
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by Femeto: 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2023
Take him to the industrial court you would make millions.
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
That is an assault
Re: My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me by rickleye: 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
Forget getting your money .
Just break 25 glasses and leave there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Just Lost My Job / HND Entry Level Salary In Fed Govt Ministry / Private Secondary School Vs Emzor Factory Worker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.