Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (82164 Views)

Tinubu Suspends Abdulrasheed Bawa As EFCC Boss / Masked Gunmen Endorse Emefiele As President In 2023 / Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru May Replace Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Larryndelaw: 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
opera1:
He didn't suppose to wait until now before he resign from office.
Tinubu was knows how to nail people. Bat weas laughing with him, Emeifiele doesnt know he is playing with fire
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Levels1(m): 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

We are aware that this is gonna happen

Pursuing enemies

Tinubu administration is gonna be a disaster
This is how you know administration that is going to fail completely
Ya all can quote me and insult me but ain't scared

I repeat tinubu's administration is gonna be a disaster

Amen.

You have asked and so shall it be unto you in Jesus mighty name Amen.

As for me and my household, Tinubu regime will favor us Amen

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by ppogba: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
onuman:

A village wag wouldn't know the topic of a discussion he joins. It's the same manner you did not know what Abokifx is and what it operates like before you started to chime into the discourse with your insulting epithet.

Oga,
Answer the questions.and disappoint me.
Is that too difficult to do?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Globad(f): 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
kingsways:

Suspension no be remove?

That's not the language of the law that he quoted

And, yes, suspension isn't outright removal.

You don't know? Tell me that you don't know the difference
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by mank1234(m): 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
Thastie:
One thing I wasn’t certain of about BAT is if he can treat people’s fvck up; like terminating their contract, evicting and jailing. I’m happy with this news

This is how tyrants are created. The question should be is it constitutional for a president to suspend a sitting CBN governor? Jonathan first set this wrong precedent.

When Buhari started nepotism that's how he was urged on with the excuse, 'you cannot sacrifice competence on the alter of federal character'. Then he started moving in on judiciary and legislature.

It seems we are on this path again.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by manitoba(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is true. Give it to Ndi Igbo!!
OlawaleBammie:

I even prefer an Igbo economic master like soludo..

When it comes to economy respect the igbos
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Ellasure: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

You too. That makes the two of us grin

u can't just help making your comment without insulting.

Was Bismarck not one of the key economic advisors? In the end what happened?

Between me and you readers will know who is the better human.

U are the first to throw insult at me unprovoked, you can't control yourself. grin

your initial comment was provoking as you wrongly alleged tribalism in the suspension of emefiele as CBN gov. one would expect your comments not slanting tribalism.

you need to be aware that the BAT presidency is just taking off and he needs all the tribes in Nigeria to understand appreciate what decisions and actions that are in public spaces.

alleging tribalism is damn too early for the new government.

your new comments is okay.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Once we say Good night we don't say Good morning

In the case of Sanusi we say Good riddance

A Good CBN governor s good when you don't know his name.
The more anonymous the better.
When you remove the oratory there is nothing tangible that we can point to about Sanusi other than egotism,fanaticism,arrogance and contempt for the president. He wanted to be the issue and the headline.

The job of the CBN governor is not that complex if the institution itself functions properly.
Infact we have had a CBN governor that studied history ,Adamu Ciroma.
What is more important is integrity and patriotism and basic interpersonal and communication skills. The CBN should function as an institution and becomes a one man show because of corruption.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by ppogba: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
onuman:

When will you stop calling everyone of your opponents stupid? You don't understand that you are the stupid one as you call everyone stupid.
You are a typical of Tinubu urchinn - belief that argument is won with insulting the opponent.

Are you the idiot using another moniker?

Or.are you the spokesperson for the National Association of Nigerian Idiots?

Or have you just bought what the idiot was selling?
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by teeboiyi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
This is the first time am seeing a president not using body language but hitting the ground running with immediate effects 💕
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

I even prefer an Igbo economic master like soludo..

When it comes to economy respect the igbos
I don't think we have ever had a better finance Minister than Awolowo he managed the war effort with no debt and enough left to generously gift Ibos twenty pounds. Very astute dude Awo mind you be studied law
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by kokomilala(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
The Silent Roar Of The Lion Of Bourdillion

Long overdue. Tinubu acted more like a patient, prowling lion, taking its time to stalk and then pounce on its prey.

Emefile, being a banker had never earned my trust or confidence. I'm not an expert in economics, but I've always felt a risk management expert like Sanusi or Soludo would have managed the CBN better.

Emefile didn't cover himself in glory by becoming overly partisan ,and subtly pulling the strings in the botched Naira change policy. He should have known the cock would come to roost. He should have know things would go full circle.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by ufuosman(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Good one Mr president
Let him cool off in jail
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by onuman: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Pius4luv2023:
I didn't support bola Ahmed Tinubu presidential ambition before but I'm happy about the step he is taking, he is full of courage and fearless.

Just like when president Buhari came in 2015.

Buhari's was easier because he had the mandate of majority of the registered voters then. Even the 8 million votes allocated to Tinubu by INEC Chairman was infinitesimal to the number of registered voters in Nigeria.
Tinubu is acting, picking early fights, without the mandate of the people of Nigeria.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by jahsharon: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
ppogba:

Exactly my brother. Thanks.

i.will.vote that guy over my father as the president of Nigeria.

Kingsley Moghalu was there when Diezani and Goatluck were looting the CBN. The other useless Almjari Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was shouting and screaming, but Moghalu kept quiet because as Goatlch, Diezani and the gang of 40 thieves were looting, Moghalu too was taking his share. So when the Almajri Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was talking too much it was Moghalu and the other looters in CBN that colluded with Goatluck to humiliate Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who actually deserved to be disgraced because the idiot is a religious and ethnic jingoist.

Kingsley Moghalu is a useless thief
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by teeboiyi(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
Obidient sighted
Osariemen12:
And the name of the movie: "The Idiot Called Tinubu."
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Gajagojo: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
mank1234:

This is how tyrants are created. The question should be is it constitutional for a president to suspend a sitting CBN governor? Jonathan first set this wrong precedent.

When Buhari started nepotism that's how he was urged on with the excuse, 'you cannot sacrifice competence on the alter of federal character'. Then he started moving in on judiciary and legislature.

It seems we are on this path again.
The right question is is it lawful.
It is not a constitutional matter rather a matter of the CBN ACT which empowers the President to remove him with the consent of the Senate. Two thirds. As in sack.
The Act is silent on suspend.
I suspect it is illegal but there is a loophole which I think was used deliberately to suspend and not sack him
I also suspect Emefiele's hands are too dirty for him to challenge it in court .
I suspect the dirt will be very close to Buhari involving the likes of Mamma Daura and others

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by SenatePresdo(m): 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
Beremx:
I am beginning to like Tinubu.
Emefiele deserves to not only be suspended but thrown into jail. The hardship he caused Nigerians will forever haunt him.

Next is for Tinubu to open the Seme border. If he does this, I will support him wholeheartedly

Its too early to determine.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by ppogba: 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
jahsharon:

Kingsley Moghalu was there when Diezani and Goatluck were looting the CBN. The other useless Almjari Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was shouting and screaming, but Moghalu kept quiet because as Goatlch, Diezani and the gang of 40 thieves were looting, Moghalu too was taking his share. So when the Almajri Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was talking too much it was Moghalu and the other looters in CBN that colluded with Goatluck to humiliate Sanusi Lamido Sanusi who actually deserved to be disgraced because the idiot is a religious and ethnic jingoist.

Kingsley Moghalu is a useless thief

I am not in a better position to defend Moghalu. All I know is that he has something upstairs.
You should also know that Deputies are just mere extra tyres.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by lawyer(m): 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
I really hate Emefiele. God forgive me, but this man deserves to be locked up for life and the keys thrown away.

He helped Buhari wreck this country with his wicked and unintelligible economic policies to wreck the Naira to a comatose state, helped increase inflation on all goods and services, stopped FX payments, stopped people from using their debit cards for foreign payments hereby killing small businesses, almost killed the crypto market, aided in the japa movement because people were fed up of Nigeria with all his stringent economic policies to frustrate the average Nigerian and refused to push employment.

Worst still, the bastard used CBN money to buy N100 million forms to contest under APC for the presidency whilst still the CBN governor. How can I forget his new notes, currency debacle, and shortage of the Naira to finish Nigerians pata-pata. Emefiele is evil personified and deserves every punishment coming his way. Good riddance to very bad rubbish 😠
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by onuman: 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
ppogba:

Oga,
Answer the questions.and disappoint me.
Is that too difficult to do?
Am I your Google search engine? Next time keep quiet if you don't understand the subject of a discourse. After you have conducted a search and get to know what the subject is all about, you chime in.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by tollyboy5(m): 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Beremx:
I am beginning to like Tinubu.
Emefiele deserves to not only be suspended but thrown into jail. The hardship he caused Nigerians will forever haunt him.

Next is for Tinubu to open the Seme border. If he does this, I will support him wholeheartedly
you're one of the people i respect on this forum. when you supported obi i knew its for good reasons. Lets see how this government will turn out to be tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ellasure:

your initial comment was provoking as you wrongly alleged tribalism in the suspension of emefiele as CBN gov. one would expect your comments not slanting tribalism.

you need to be aware that the BAT presidency is just taking off and he needs all the tribes in Nigeria to understand appreciate what decisions and actions that are in public spaces.

alleging tribalism is damn too early for the new government.

your new comments is okay.
Okay, alright we hope for the best.

I am not supporting the gov and his decisions though.

He and the members of the squad including their captain really dealt with Nigerians at an unprecedented scale never witnessed before.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Ghidey(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Yes we believe it will be a disaster for you and your family.

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

We are aware that this is gonna happen

Pursuing enemies

Tinubu administration is gonna be a disaster
This is how you know administration that is going to fail completely
Ya all can quote me and insult me but ain't scared

I repeat tinubu's administration is gonna be a disaster
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by BabaIbo: 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Levels1:

Amen.

You have asked and so shall it be unto you in Jesus mighty name Amen.

As for me and my household, Tinubu regime will favor us Amen

No go work, fold your hands dey type tr@sh dia o.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by swaggerjack: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
wink politics na inside life .... person go dey laff with u and u no go sabi wetin dey him mind grin grin grin... I believe say DSS and EFCC go don dey warm up now grin grin grin
E choke
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by tollyboy5(m): 11:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
obembet:
Here we go!

I never doubt Tinubu for once, he's going to be a great president
you dis atiku babe. are you not our fellow atiku fan wink

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by Levels1(m): 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
BabaIbo:

No go work, fold your hands dey type tr@sh dia o.

I assume it won't favor you either?🤣🤣🤣

As you will have to wait for Obituary to become biafra republic president
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by mywells: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Buhari put this guy into this mess,all what happened at CBN was Buhari instructions, Buhari should be arrested too in all fairness, he's just an innocent guy,he acted to Buhari's scripts.
Re: President Tinubu Suspends Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor by emmylight4u: 11:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
But, Emifele won't have acted on his own as all he did were orders from his boss, Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Returns To Nigeria (photos) / Oshiomhole & Wife, Iara At Hosa Okunbo's Service Of Songs In The UK (Pictures) / Police Parade Lady K And 11 Others Arrested At Sunday Igboho's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.