Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Stand Up And Be Counted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stand Up And Be Counted (815 Views)

Stand Up And Be Counted. Say No To Xenophobia, Hate Speech And Tribalism Today / Opebi Road Voters Insist Votes Must Be Counted / Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stand Up And Be Counted by edusegzy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2007
hi guyz ,
this morning i was thinking what life is really all about.i felt like the aspirations ,the urge to be someone, is all about what in the first place.i asked myself if gain all the riches now what is the end of it anyway.why should i be rich.An answer that readily comes to mind is you dont want to suffer,or you want be the next bill gate,the next warren bufet, dangote and the likes,OK after that what next.
all this feeling started making me feel like i'll just play it soft.

BUT light shone through,and i discover if you dont want anything for yourself what about your kids born or unborn,what about the children on the street,what about Standing up for Nigeria and making it a relevant country in world politics,what about orphanages,what about the touts ,what about healthier enviroment,what about speaking out for people who don't know their rights.

Young People of Nigeria,life is worth living,it's worth fighting for.POSTERITY beckons and says come.It says stand up and be counted, it says if our elderly refuse to plan for us let's get a plan for ourselves.let's chat a course for our future.You may be quick to say that there is not much you can do.may be may be not.
But seun osewa (whether we like his style or not) host a website where many of us can get to share our ideas and current information.Im conviced for you clicking on this thread in the first place means you believe in honour,you believe in making a difference,you are not content with just being one in the number.
But again you say you don't have the resources,but at least you can plan,you can dream, you are alive,you can read,youcan write,you can use the internet whether verywell or not.whether you have 24/7 access or not.(i don't have either,i am typing this ffrom a friend's lappie,when there is a will ther is a way)
You know i like telling myself "it doesn't cost anymoney to dream" and i beleive it s strongly.So get out of just expecting nigeria to deliver the goods,you do something.then you ask me what and my answer is I DONT KNOW.but i do know that anything you wish you could have had for been a nigerian and was not there you(I MEAN YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN )
I guess i should stop now let me allow you reply to this thread.because by now you are either very angry with me or boiling and just want to do something
Either way ,i thank you in advance for replying me and let me know how i can stand up too.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Love Or Regret Being A Nigerian / What Is Wrong With Yaradua? / Lets Take Etteh Down Memory Lane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.