Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

What Is Wrong With Yaradua? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Yaradua? (818 Views)

What Is Wrong With This Picture Of Ribadu And Jonathan? / Kalu: I Spoke With Yaradua Days After They Said He Died: Rumour Worse Than Lie / Obasanjo Angry With Yaradua Over Kingibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by hollandis(f): 10:46am On Sep 29, 2007
Is he trying to appease anybody.Why is he appointing people politically rather than based one's qualification?Ahmadu Ali( remember the Ali must go riot -where many students died) is an ambassadorial nominee,obanikoro too.The ministers, please can someone explain their pedigree.they keep on awarding contracts to foreigners.How are they helping the unemployment situation.I can go on and on.I am saddened yet again that Nigeria might not move forward with all these political appointment?
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by finekid(m): 11:05am On Sep 29, 2007
I don’t think anything is the matter with Yar’adua. Personally I think the guy means well for Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by hollandis(f): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2007
I dont have any problem with the guy.Agreed he means well for Nigeria.I am questioning the ratrionale behin him appointing politicians,states men,people who have failed the nation,looted money ,rigged elections .People who dont have the pedigree whatsoever to handle positions .Do u get my point?
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by mazaje(m): 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2007
@hollandis

I really get your point, but you have to know that the system can not  be changed over night, it has to be done gradually and responsibly. A rapid change in that direction(dealing with the tenacious big men) can inhibit progress in a way i believe that yaradua is an honest man and he won't let nigerians down.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by babasin(m): 9:34pm On Sep 29, 2007
believe that yaradua is an honest man and he won't let nigerians down

Appointing ALI must go is already a let down.

Why are nigerians never seeing the whole picture??
angry angry angry

Same story was said of OBJ: because he was in Abacha jail, he is now change-man, he would fight for ordinary people.

we know for fact, he fought only for his pockets and his cronies

shocked cool
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by dayokanu(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2007
Why should Yar'Adua with all the purported change in system appoint people like Ahmadu ALi and Obanikoro as ambassadors? Is it to pay them back?

It all goes back to the fact that nothing has changed in Nigeria. Despite all the generation change and those electioneering slogans.

At the end of the day we would go back to " Yar Adua meant well but it was his appointees that messed up" the same some people said about OBJ.

Imagine rogues like Ahmadu Ali and Obanikoro ambassadors while the likes Tony Blair are representing other countries. What image can they possibly give the country.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by adesanni(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2007
I was surprised when i saw his name on the list. What qualification does that idiot has? Does the president realise these people would represent the nation outside its shores? I dont think the mumu deserve the appointment based on his antecedent with the media.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by hollandis(f): 1:46pm On Oct 01, 2007
Ahmadu Ali called the ex-senators a bunch of idiots(on BBC), Obanikoro is a confirmed area boy,the list goes on and,  on

i hope ahmadu ali and koro does not represent A country like UK or USA .He will bring disgrace to her(Nigeria) grey hair.Nigeria is old at 47, still no change
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by osereka(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2007
@hollandis,
giving political post at time is used to check some people.
giving Ahmadu Ali ambassodoral post is alright with me
AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS, KORO WILL NOT BE IN LAGOS
FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS AHMADU ALI WILL NOT BE IN NIGERIA

MR PRESIDENT PLEASE KINDLY GIVE OBJ AMBASSADORAL APPOINTMENT!

WE DONT WANT HIM IN NAIJA lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by Afam(m): 2:05pm On Oct 01, 2007
What is the job of an ambassador?

What powers (if any) come with the position?

Answers to these questions will help understand the real impact of these political appointments.

On a lighter note, for crying out loud we have a Bush as a president of the US grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by Jen33(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2007
Dayokanu said:

Imagine rogues like Ahmadu Ali and Obanikoro ambassadors while the likes Tony Blair are representing other countries. What image can they possibly give the country.

Tony Blair?

The war criminal?

A man with the blood of countless innocent thousands (millions in fact) on his hands?

You must be having a laugh.

Ahmadu Ali and Obanikoro are choirs boys in comparison to Tony Blair.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by denex: 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2007
A country has Judge Bush for president and people are not complaining, yet they see Obanikoro being an ambassador as a grave misdeed.
If one man asks what is wrong with Yar'Adua and at the same time claims that he has no problem with Yar'Adua, then we have to ask such fellow what is wrong with his head.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by Iman3(m): 4:55am On Oct 02, 2007
Hopefully,the man's kidney will pack up soon.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 02, 2007
denex:

A country has Judge Bush for president and people are not complaining, yet they see Obanikoro being an ambassador as a grave misdeed.
If one man asks what is wrong with Yar'Adua and at the same time claims that he has no problem with Yar'Adua, then we have to ask such fellow what is wrong with his head.

Those complaining about the Bush presidency are the Iraqis and hypocrites like Denex. Unlike Obanikoro, Bush is not an escaped convict neither is he a confirmed fraudster.

I am no longer surprised that Nigeria is so backward, if people like Denex can justify the appointment of a criminal on the basis that another unrelated country has a man with a poor foreign policy initiative for president then Nigeria is doomed!

Yar Adua is a slow, inept tool foistered on Nigerians by a rampaging band of mauraders refered to as the People's Disgraceful Party.
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by almondjoy(f): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2007
The question is "what is not wrong with Yardua"? undecided

I-man:

Hopefully,the man's kidney will pack up soon.

grin

Then you will be stuck with Jonathan "Badluck"---Alamayesigha's twin brother! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by babasin(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2007
Then you will be stuck with Jonathan "Badluck"---Alamayesigha's twin brother!

better still with 'David Mark'; the IBB boy who did not want nigerians to have 'telephone'

grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Yaradua? by almondjoy(f): 10:45am On Oct 02, 2007
babasin:

better still with 'David Mark'; the IBB boy who did not want nigerians to have 'telephone'

grin cheesy grin

That means "no hope" for us then. Just sit and look and wait for death to come. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Week! / Senate Ministerial Screening, The Latest. / Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.