Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) (4028 Views)

Stand Up And Be Counted. Say No To Xenophobia, Hate Speech And Tribalism Today / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Jonathan’s Planned Adoption As Igbo Candidate Divides Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2010
My brothers and sisters, it is showtime! Fill the forms and return before April 1.

Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
If we fill this form and return it, we will make our true numbers known in the US.

It is unfortunate that groups with lesser population have obtained better representation and public service than us. If your parents visit the hospital, they will be obliged to speak in English, while an Eritrean or even Samoan will have someone translate for them. We are larger than these groups. Let's not continue cheating ourselves.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by mrperfect(m): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2010
Good information, Well done !
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by chosen04(f): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2010
mrperfect:

Good information, Well done !

GBAM.
KEEP IT UP
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Dede1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2010
@POSTER

You have made my day.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Afam4eva(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
So, Nigerians can actually state their ethnic group when the same cannot be done in Nigeria.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by chosen04(f): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2010
afam4eva:

So, Nigerians can actually state their ethnic group when the same cannot be done in Nigeria.

That is the irony of life!
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 7:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
chosen04:

That is the irony of life!

In Nigeria, for the simple purpose of marginalizing a tribe, the whole country is marginalized. Speak of cutting one's nose to spite the face.
Developed countries understand the benefit of honest census.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Dede1(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
When Ndigbo are discussing issue of vital importance that exhumes strong fundamental etiquette of the Igbo nationality, the cesspit called Nigeria should not be mentioned.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Bialegend(m): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2010
I have filled the form and wrote IGBO in the provided box. I have also passed it on to 16 Igbo families i know here.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by bawomolo(m): 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
i'm only finding out now that Igbo is a race
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Bialegend(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2010
bawomolo:

i'm only finding out now that Igbo is a race
Because you ate too lazy as usual (trade mark anyway) to read/crosscheck and understand what's written on the form. Just as a Hispanic person of black origin will fill out the form with "Hispanic" and "black", so will Igbos fill the form marking Black and then Igbo. This is not nigerian census where you expect no ethnicity in the forms. It is USA CENSUS so you won't understand.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by 18platoon(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2010
@poster, can illegal immigrants participate as well, no malice intended, just want to know.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Bialegend(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
18 platoon:

@poster, can illegal immigrants participate as well, no malice intended, just want to know.
Aboki mallam toy soldier, we are not talking of nigerian census here where your cousins from chad and niger including your goats and cows are counted as northern nigerians.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by 18platoon(m): 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2010
@bialegend, please dont derail the thread, if you dont know just keep quite or better still, continue with your piracy in idumota, or continue preparing for your next operation (robbery).

by any means necessary.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Bialegend(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2010
18 platoon:

@bialegend, please dont derail the thread, if you dont know just keep quite or better still, continue with your piracy in idumota, or continue preparing for your next operation (robbery).
How many Igos did you kill today in sokoto? Just be sincere.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2010
18 platoon:

None taken!, and the answer is a resounding YES. The US census is not about immigration. It is about demography and statistics -vital tools of planning (economic, urban, environmental etc). It has nothing to do with status.

Try to educate your brothers in Northern Nigeria about this VITAL TOOL of Planning.  cool
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
I will scan a copy of the census and post it here for more clarity.

Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by omobadan(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
Don't you think you should have made this known to all other group i.e Yoruba, Efik, Benin & Hausa?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by SEFAGO(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
^ Retards don full Nigeria lol  grin grin grin

U guys no get work  grin
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
omobadan:

Don't you think you should have made this known to all other group i.e Yoruba, Efik, Benin & Hausa?

Well, they can borrow a leaf from the Igbo. In fact this helps because some Nigerians are bilingual -eg Igbo, Yoruba etc.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by OgidiBoy(m): 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
@ poster,

I'm just wondering what the date that is gotten from this census better my life as an Igbo man in the states.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Bialegend(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2010
^^What?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by OgidiBoy(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
Bialegend:

^^What?

My brother that your pic on our profile almost got me in trouble ohhhh shocked shocked shocked shocked. My boss was standing right behind me.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by EzeUche(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2010
I just told my brothers to fill out the census today.

We all have Igbo as our race.  grin Take that Naija!

I am an Igbo before I am Nigerian.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by SEFAGO(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
^ Who cares- just make sure you put that in, when you get into prison
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by texazzpete(m): 7:55am On Mar 19, 2010
No matter your motivations, 'Igbo' is not a race!

Onlytruth:

It is unfortunate that groups with lesser population have obtained better representation and public service than us. If your parents visit the hospital, they will be obliged to speak in English, while an Eritrean or even Samoan will have someone translate for them. We are larger than these groups. Let's not continue cheating ourselves.

Unlike Nigeria, English is not the dominant language of communication in Eritrea or Samoa.
Is speaking English that painful for your parents? And if they struggle with English, why let them go unattended without someone acting as a translator?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 8:21am On Mar 19, 2010
texazzpete:

No matter your motivations, 'Igbo' is not a race!

Unlike Nigeria, English is not the dominant language of communication in Eritrea or Samoa.
Is speaking English that painful for your parents? And if they struggle with English, why let them go unattended without someone acting as a translator?

And I must take your words for it, right? How dare you Open your ears wide and hear it clearly, IGBO IS A RACE.
That Nigeria refused to allow us form our own country does not mean that you and I are the same. We are as similar as a Jew and an Arab, or a Japanese and a Vietnamese. Get that straight. Our color does NOT necessarily prove that we are one race.
I am black and Igbo, just like an Arab is Caucasian and Arab, or a Jew is Caucasian and Jewish. Gerit?
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 19, 2010
Igbo may be recognize as a minority, but not as a race dear.
Better dont make them think you peeps dnt know the diff b/w race and tribe.
Jamaicans MAY BE the largest groups of Blacks in US, very much recognized, but still not a race.

Cant wait for the censUS result sha
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by mrperfect(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2010
SEFAGO, texazzpete, FL Gators you may open a new thread in respect of your agitation, people will respond to that I trust the people here.

Obviously this thread is not for discussion rather to inform.
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by SEFAGO(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2010
Onlytruth:

And I must take your words for it, right? How dare you Open your ears wide and hear it clearly, IGBO IS A RACE.
That Nigeria refused to allow us form our own country does not mean that you and I are the same. We are as similar as a Jew and an Arab, or a Japanese and a Vietnamese. Get that straight. Our color does necessarily prove that we are one race.
I am black and Igbo, just like an Arab is Caucasian and Arab, or a Jew is Caucasian and Jewish. Gerit? 

haha, olodo one kobo- go and check the definition of race. Igbo is at most an thnic group- a pseudoethnic group  for that matter

oloshi igbo, its people like you all that make white people think blacks have low IQs. Before you know it, the US will release a report on the difficulty of Nigerians in following simple bleeping instructions.

Goodnite, I have to get ready for church tomorrow.

mrperfect:

Obviously this thread is not for discussion rather to inform.

Encouraging stupidity is not a good thing
Re: Be Counted As Igbo In The U S 2010 Census Now On-going (deadline Is April 1) by Onlytruth(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2010
FL Gators:

Igbo may be recognize as a minority, but not as a race dear.
Better dont make them think you peeps dnt know the diff b/w race and tribe.
[b]Jamaicans [/b]MAY BE the largest groups of Blacks in US, very much recognized, but still not a race.

Cant wait for the censUS result sha

The aim is for Igbo to be recognized as a minority group. Leave the race definitions alone 'cos you ain't gonna win that argument.
Africa is comprised of so many races, and it is evidenced in the DNA roots found in Africa which is more than in any other continents of the world. Yes, there are races in Africa and most of them are black, yet distinct.

If there are 2 million Igbos in the US, the US government would like to have that information for planning purposes. This is a country that believes in getting detailed information, not Nigeria that is scared of information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Preparing Al-mustapha To Succeed Him In 2019 - Buhari / Buhari Seeks Consensus Candidate For APC. / A Must Watch Video: An Interview With A Nigerian Drug Dealer In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.