Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

How's The Power Supply In Your Area? - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How's The Power Supply In Your Area? (23484 Views)

Lack Of Water Supply In FEDPONAM / States/capital With Best power supply In Nigeria / Epileptic Power Supply In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by cenaman(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Magodo, Lagos 24/7.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Kylekent59: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pastorreal20:
the power supply is fucking crazy / steady here in odoguyan ikorodu

I remember that location. Was that not where a boy was shot by some cultist?

Where the leader was saying he's number 1 for Odoguyan

Hmm

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by denzel231: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
dustmalik:

Does it ever go down or it's able to work 24/7?
bro it doesn't go down .I use it everyday sir.. when there's light, switch to light to charge it and then use nepa.. during the day when there's sunlight, my fridge n a.c is on....most importantly always check ur battery using the app that comes with the solar to check the battery percentage... Solar sweet abeg, na money kill am...
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Iamzik: 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nazgul:
Men to be honest it has improved, like seriously improved. We had light for 6 days at a stretch without blinking. Before they took it and brought it back almost immediately.

The only problem I'm faced with now is that my prepaid meter's units is horribly dropping each day with reckless abandon. embarassed

Power supply has seriously improved on Lagos mainland. I don't know for other parts of Nigeria.

It's rainy season bro
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by remsonik(f): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ayobo, ipaja, ikotun lagos light here is constant. Even before Tinubu was sworn in we've always had it constantly here.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by joba4luv: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
People deceiving people where is the electricity?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
denzel231:
bro it doesn't go down .I use it everyday sir.. when there's light, switch to light to charge it and then use nepa.. during the day when there's sunlight, my fridge n a.c is on....most importantly always check ur battery using the app that comes with the solar to check the battery percentage... Solar sweet abeg, na money kill am...
Thanks for the info πŸ‘
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Sormeh: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Eyinju112:
please are you staying in Abeokuta. Especially Mile2 axis. This is our storyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You stay at Mile 2 in Abk?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by BlackFlamefromP: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Don't mind the idiotic ass-lickers always trying to give unmerited glory to any new government just taking over power

LesbianBoy:
Now it's confirmed that Nigerians are mad and have a pattern.

I remember just like yesterday in 2015, this same question was asked on this same nairaland and it made frontpage too....when buhari took over power. Now you guys have started again.

Who did this to Nigerians grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by 4KNGOATS(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:
Since Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in, I've been enjoying 24/7 constant power supply.

If they take it,it won't be up to 5 minutes before they bring it back.
Hey
Matter of fact,I'm tired of the light πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

How's the power situation in your area?
It's common during raining season so enjoy it while it lasts, when drying season comes una go carry mouth blow body like Abebe
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Olumyco(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Saying stable electricity now is because of raining season is seriously wrong. Very erroneous.

Guys we need to be aware of these things oooo. Electricity generation in Nigeria is a mix. We have both hydro and thermal.
Infact the thermal is the dominat. Most of our Electricity is generated from thermal technology. That is, the turbine is gas fired.

We only have three dams generating Electricity in Nigeria and they are kainji, jebba and shiroro. Thats all... the rest runs on gas. Though some dams are under construction.

Egbin power station that supplies many part of Lagos runs on gas and not water.
Olorunshogo power station, omotosho power station and so on all run on gas.

So those of you attributing the stable electricity to rain fall are wrong.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Eyinju112(f): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
Sormeh:

You stay at Mile 2 in Abk?
yuppies?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Olumyco(m): 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
4KNGOATS:

It's common during raining season so enjoy it while it lasts, when drying season comes una go carry mouth blow body like Abebe

Not correct. We have more thermal power stations than hydro stations in the country.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by shegra58: 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Firecolos:
This is a mumulized topic. You got thousands of Nigerian villages and towns without electricity...why is it fuçking hard for supposedly giant of Africa to attain the level of uninterrupted power supply?

My present location is nothing to write.

So I ask: what are we really enjoying/flexing as Nigerians? Is this how we live? Life's too short. These men at the helms should well because we are here today, tomorrow we are no more.

I'm tired...I really tired of this country.
you be igbo
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Olumyco:

Not correct. We have more thermal power stations than hydro stations in the country.
No worry you go gist me when dry season show
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Olumyco(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
TemmyT002:
It's raining season
Haven't you noticed electricity is constant a little during rainy season.
Well, our own electricity na 59% or thereabouts

Egbin power station that is the main supplier of electricity in lagos is gas powered
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by 4KNGOATS(m): 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Olumyco:

No worry you go gist me when dry season show as m waiting for you like a kitchen stool
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by brightleave(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

It's raining heavily now and they haven't taken it.... I'm surprised like seriously.
Rain no dey fall during Bihari time?

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by tunjijones(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ttipsy:
It's Raining season so I'm not surprised

I am surprised if you are not cos this time last year when raining had started falling heavily there was no improvement in power supply.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by emmyN(m): 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
charlesdinho:
you guys are enjoying power supply o. ours here is once in a week and when they bring the light, IT CAN ONLY LAST FOR 2 hours

They are not. It's a propaganda being spread by Timubu bots
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Olumyco(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
Icrave4u:
Its cos of the rainy season nothing special that is the norm.

It's not. We have thermal stations that supply electricity the most
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Fedelma: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Here in Enugu Ubaka axis of Achara layout, they're very consistent, the worst period here is 18hrs. Since 2019 it has been so. I rate them 90% here
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by emmyN(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
tecnolad:
I'm kinda shocked too. Normally BEDC won't let us smell the supply after it's rained, but lately there's been constant supply of electricity, no matter how heavy it's raining.

Can't be the same BEDC I am using
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by denzel231: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
dustmalik:

Thanks for the info πŸ‘
I attach a photo for you .

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by jonuel1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:
Since Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in, I've been enjoying 24/7 constant power supply.

Wasn't that how Buhari started and the rest is history. Make una calm down
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by JobNeededUrgent: 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Temioolajide:

Its because there is enough rain and water in the dam
When its dry season now light will be scarce
how true is this?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by babajero(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

The exact words you people used in buhari first week in his regime.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Deeyarh(f): 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

Its been so bad
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by tecnolad(m): 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
emmyN:

Can't be the same BEDC I am using

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Bro, this light is so stable that I'm scared we may experience an outage forever
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
denzel231:
I attach a photo for you .
Nice one, Bro. Thanks πŸ™
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by IDnoble1: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
It is the result of SIEMENS project done by Buhari. They are making massive installation in power transmission presently

Temioolajide:

Its because there is enough rain and water in the dam
When its dry season now light will be scarce

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by drlateef: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Procashtips:

Has nothing to do with distribution.

What we currently generate can't even serve 5 states comfortably when it comes to 24hrs power.

That cannot explain why some are having 24/7 light and others have none for several weeks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Can Calm You Down When You Are Angry?? / Truck Climbs On Man's Car While Travelling, Crushes Him To Death (Graphic Photos / Chinese Man Inserts Snake In His Nose And Out Of Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.