Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

How's The Power Supply In Your Area? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How's The Power Supply In Your Area? (23479 Views)

Lack Of Water Supply In FEDPONAM / States/capital With Best power supply In Nigeria / Epileptic Power Supply In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by abbasajao(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:
Since Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in, I've been enjoying 24/7 constant power supply.

If they take it,it won't be up to 5 minutes before they bring it back.

Matter of fact,I'm tired of the light πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…

How's the power situation in your area?
Very regular now.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Quintopia: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
neyop85:
Very poor in Shagamu area of Ogun state. We only get light for 1 hour in a month. Very bad, very saddening for a town as big as Shagamu.

1 hour per month?

You people should fear God with this your lying.
Haba.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Ecosystem4u: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Senseless post, so immediately they swore him in he commanded Power holding to supply you light. Shallow minded agbadorians,same way someone posted something like this in 2015, when that vegetable was sworn in. You guys are sick to the bone marrows.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by juman(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Government should borrow fifty billion dollars to build the necessary infrastructure.
No other way, except we invest heavily in building the needed infrastructure.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Procashtips(m): 5:48pm On Jun 11, 2023
drlateef:

Yes, its the fault of distribution companies. They refuse to buy transformers needed for distribution. So, power is diverted elsewhere.

Has nothing to do with distribution.

What we currently generate can't even serve 5 states comfortably when it comes to 24hrs power.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Mummyimbecile(m): 5:49pm On Jun 11, 2023
24/7, for the past 5years I have never experienced a power outage.

Oga, no worry them go still take am. No be 9ja again.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Dcentglobal(m): 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Watin concern agboro with overload...
E don reach 2weeks plus since them flash am for my area
Life na turn by turn...
Rep Okeagbo
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Warith200: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
No power supply here for more than 7 years
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by yemi1504: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Temioolajide:

Its because there is enough rain and water in the dam
When its dry season now light will be scarce

You can say that again! The light for the past few days with the rains have been great.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by yemi1504: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

It's raining heavily now and they haven't taken it.... I'm surprised like seriously.

Now, that is a surprise! Raining heavily and they don't take light?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Cowbell521: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
COMPAQ:

He actually has a point. During the peak of the rainy season, the temperatures fall and people use much less electricity. If you don't know, for most middle and upper middle class houses air conditioner consumes bout 30 to 40% of electricity. So when that demand goes away because the weather is cool, it means there is more electricity to go around.

Also electricity conducts better in cool weather. So asides from the demand reducing, the stability of the grid also improves because electricity conducts better, so it's a double beneficial impact.
So, this is the first time we're experiencing rain fall? Or the concepts of electricity generation is only applicable to 2023? If you must know, electricity has been stable in my area since November 2022, and it was dry season then.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by MiosheEmpire1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
tuzle:
abeokuta is a mumu place I shouldn't lie, I have been in my aunt's place for the past 3 days and they have not giving them light for once when humans are still awake. It is in the midnight around 2 or 3am they bring the light and they will take it before 6am. I had plans to do some work on my laptop but I couldnt even do half because of the way they give them light.
I stayed in kuto, I can tell you that we used light for almost 24hrs every day.
As am typing this, there's is light, you can confirm from anyone living in Kuto.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by tuzle(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
MiosheEmpire1:

I stayed in kuto, I can tell you that we used light for almost 24hrs every day.
As am typing this, there's is light, you can confirm from anyone living in Kuto.
where I am is at asero, and the light there is bad

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Abemy(m): 5:58pm On Jun 11, 2023
Since end of February this year, we just started seeing light three days ago, but putting together a three day supply is not up to 24 hours.

Njaba LGA, Imo State.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Nonywendy(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Why is calabar light different. Now to see the light for 5hrs na wahala

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by MiosheEmpire1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Cowbell521:
So, this is the first time we're experiencing rain fall? Or the concepts of electricity generation is only applicable to 2023? If you must know, electricity has been stable in my area since November 2022, and it was dry season then.

Yea that's true, that's when our light also improved and we started having light for almost 24hrs every day.
Unless if our transformer has fault.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by GoodGovernance: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gullible Nigerians will never learn!

June is the peak of raining season,there is no remarkable rework of the electrical infrastructure to warrant sudden constant power supply.

It happened in June last year and after Buhari's inauguration in 2015, would continue for a while.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by MiosheEmpire1(m): 6:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
tuzle:
where I am is at asero, and the light there is bad
I can't say about that place.
Buh here in Kuto, our light stable.
Enjoying light here for almost 24hrs a day.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by flybridgeom(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:
Since Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was sworn in, I've been enjoying 24/7 constant power supply.

Same thing happened when Buhari got elected in 2015. We all thought it was "body language" at the time.

Perhaps has something to do with the rains?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by flybridgeom(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
GoodGovernance:
Gullible Nigerians will never learn!

June is the peak of raining season,there is no remarkable rework of the electrical infrastructure to warrant sudden constant power supply.

It happened in June last year and after Buhari's inauguration in 2015, would continue for a while.

My thoughts exactly
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by seaenergy: 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

Soon Nigerians will be paying N500 per a kilowatts.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by occfx: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

Well I believe some fast areas are disconnecting from the grid already however, it is normal thing in June/July because, water pressure is high, and temperature is low. All machines are efficient and production is at full capacity.

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Ajah489(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Since 29 of may,we have constant light in MASAKA,nassarawa state

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Nusomlaa: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
3 days now, no light in Nyanya Abuja 😒

1 Like

Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by ibabz(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kid, if you may, pls read these articles and share what’s different, otherwise I’m not interested in your argument. Thanks.

https://dailytrust.com/the-tyranny-of-buharis-body-language/

https://businessday.ng/analysis/article/electricity-beyond-buharis-body-language/

https://dailypost.ng/2015/10/12/increase-in-power-supply-not-because-of-buharis-body-language-nebo/?amp=1

Ellasure:

this is what is called wailing which should be happening to a reasonable person reading through public forum. why take the topic personal? tinubu is just on of the factors that will have made the power situation to improve.

besides, since you know very surely that tinubu was not responsible for improvement you could have ignored the topic because nobody, so far, has written that tinubu visited one of the Nigerian power plants and used his magic hand to touch the engines which has refused to stop running since his touch

aproko people.

tinubu four years is just starting and continuous bad belle can results in ulcers in the stomach. better be advised to desist.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Physicsgodbeast: 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
Since rain fall no light for [color=#990000][/color] more than 12hr and still counting
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by olaiyaO: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Light has improved o in my area.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
denzel231:
my solar powers my a.c, tv, ps4, pumping machine ..
How many in kva is your solar?
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Uchedizzy(f): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
Very okay atleast
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Truthday: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Akure, I noticed an obvious improvement. There's light as I type.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by Myer(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
mjuvey3:

Had to turn off refrigerator today.
I didn't want to comment so as not to jinx it but by God's grace, this light has come to stay.

God bless and help President Tinubu and all well-meaning Nigerians.
Re: How's The Power Supply In Your Area? by dustmalik: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
denzel231:

5kva .. .
It's worth the money ..
I no dey stress myself for light.. if light come or no come, I am good
Does it ever go down or it's able to work 24/7?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Can Calm You Down When You Are Angry?? / Truck Climbs On Man's Car While Travelling, Crushes Him To Death (Graphic Photos / Chinese Man Inserts Snake In His Nose And Out Of Mouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.