Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,874 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week (32436 Views)

Gov Sani Reduces School Fees Of All State-owned Tertiary Institutions In Kaduna / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / Buckinghamshire Teacher Who Had Sex With 15-Year-Old Demanded Sex 6 Times A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Pacyrus(m): 7:09am On Jun 11, 2023
philiancoop:
Economy bad and you dey reduce productivity and progress. Won’t the economy shrink? How can reducing work hours and spending stimulate the economy?

This Subsidy removal will bring poverty, job loss, unemployment, and high cost of living
It has already begun
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Pacyrus(m): 7:10am On Jun 11, 2023
datola:
It's not bad at all.

School children in Nigeria are too over taught with nothing to show for it.
Gbamsolutely

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by detectivejones: 7:30am On Jun 11, 2023
Very very very unwise decision
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Tonalphs(f): 7:38am On Jun 11, 2023
Their problem. After all, education/ schools in Nigeria dey over teach/ overdo. If I were in that state, I will use the remaining days to enroll my kids in whatever their talent demands. Someone like me, I see education as a means to enslave kids. They go to school to get a job instead of going to school to be employers of labour.
Good for the wise parents that know what to do to engage and prepare their kids for tomorrow because education is truly no more the way. It's just the general and easy way. And anything general is mediocrity. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by MrAmbrose(m): 7:42am On Jun 11, 2023
datola:
It's not bad at all.

School children in Nigeria are too over taught with nothing to show for it.

I'm telling you, although he would have use the other days to make them learn some good skills. Once you finish schooling in Nigeria, there are four things involved, it's either you remain jobless, or you become one vendor for selling a particular products or you work and earn little money that won't do anything in your life, or it's either you have people who can give you good connection.

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2023
eseelvis:

Brous sofry they lie Na.
Nor be Edo I day

How you go say community day Gather money thy pay teachers for Edo.

When come to primary education and secondary school obasake try.

Am not taking of infrastructure

When it come to learning and teachers salary he day pay well brous
u are not in Edo state!
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Tonalphs(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2023
Emdebby2:
You are indirectly reducing the value of education.
Sir, does education have value in Nigeria before? Even educated people go into yahoo. I've met people that said they would have learnt handwork while in University. I think parents should take advantage of this and focus the two days for their kids to learn handwork like tailoring, digital marketing, software, internet stufss,makeup etc. We have so many graduates with just paper to show for it. Every situation should be carefully looked at it both positive and negative. Moreover, the idea of education is supposed to help reading and writing. Nothing special than that. But education has successfully made people believe it's the only way whereas it's just one way to make it in life. I don't see my kids going to sch to get some paper to work for people. I tell them that they're going to school to employ people. There's a difference.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Tonalphs(f): 7:57am On Jun 11, 2023
think before jumping into the negative aspects of the two days off. Whereas there are so much positive aspects in the two days off. If you look at things just one way, then what's the purpose of going to school? To me, I can list so many advantages of the two days off. So it works well for any parent that can see beyond going to school. Learning a skill is also education. And there are many cheap skills to learn.
Remember that everything in life is all about perspective.
It's like the story of two sons, one a thief and the other successful because their father is a thief. It's all about perspective.
I pray God grant parents insight to take advantage of the two days to make their children what God has destined for them..cos every disappointment is a blessing.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by eteba(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2023
Doesn't sound good to me sha!
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Adekaka12345: 8:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Hamachi:
angry
They could do virtual too na, COVID helped with virtual. We have virtual interview, assistant and what have you

Some private organization are wicked especially those on the island, with these subsidy removal, people are still working 5 days a week
No salary increment
No palliative
Some HR are from HELL

People that cannot afford transport will afford phone and data? Lol

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by SultanYoung: 8:31am On Jun 11, 2023
Asabe4:
Subsidy drama grin

Edo children living the dream of other kids cheesy

I honestly don't think this is a wise move though. Very bad decision. How do you make a child idle for four days in a week.

They should have thought this through and come up with a better way of reducing the impact of fuel subsidy on these children and teachers.

obaseki dey craze can't he provide school bus.

This man na complete 419 a swear the oil derivation funds (EDSOPADEC) Money he is collecting what's he doing with it.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Blackdisciple(m): 9:32am On Jun 11, 2023
Well to me it's good for kids going far to school meaning they are paying transport to school.

Ajah to bonny camp is 1k and before this subsidy drama I used to see siblings and other school students going to school from Ajah to sandfil or to bonny camp then imagine a family of 3-4 kids and all of them going to school same direction 1k each for five days and the 1k is for only going oo I don't know how much they will pay while coming back.

Parents should enroll them for lessons within their area for the remaining days instead of allowing them to be at home...
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Emmanuel909090: 10:12am On Jun 11, 2023
This is good, we need more time to rest and relax
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by LifeIssues101(f): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2023
Honestly, students in Nigeria relocate abroad and they are made to drop 2 or three classes below their current grades in Nigeria.

The workload is crazy and the kids learn most times by memorizing without understanding.

Educational games or vocational activities can be introduced in the extra hours to balance their learning skills.

Make book no kill person pikin abeg.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Babinski: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2023
Asabe4:
Subsidy drama grin

I honestly don't think this is a wise move though. Very bad decision. How do you make a child idle for four days in a week.

They should have thought this through and come up with a better way of reducing the impact of fuel subsidy on these children and teachers.

I concur with you. There is no wisdom in reducing the school days when student are typically struggling to complete syllabus on the usual 5 days week. There is no substitute for sound education.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Asabe4(f): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
erico2k2:

worse part is, some kids actually walk to school
Most of them actually in Edo state(I grew up there)
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by membranus: 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Edo people nor kuku like school before before.

Na yahoo works be dere dreams.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by phemmyfour: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
Asabe4:
Subsidy drama grin

I honestly don't think this is a wise move though. Very bad decision. How do you keep a child idle for four days in a week?

Learning should continue at home
Naija parents should know that teaching their kids doesn't end at the walls of the classroom
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by eepeepook: 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nairalanders typing rubbish to the contrary should ask the average SS 2/SS 3 pupil what they think of it.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by egopersonified(f): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Asabe4:
Subsidy drama grin

I honestly don't think this is a wise move though. Very bad decision. How do you keep a child idle for four days in a week?

Indirectly telling you that they should go and 'learn work' the other 4 days.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by egopersonified(f): 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
masseratti:
This is so unwise.. Are basic schools not suppose to be walking distance from homes?

This is what would have made sense. Instruct parents that all students must trek to school. Even if it's 30 to 45 mins walk. He is just avoiding doing anything for teachers, this is not about students at all.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by egopersonified(f): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
idiot, check all educational indices and see how well Edo has performed. Check WAEC, NECO and JAMB before spewing ru*bish

My brother, forget all those things. Only Jamb results are genuine. Forget common entrance,waec and neco, they bribe invigilators and buy results. The whole country, not only Edo. Some schools don't cheat but it's so prevalent that parents now accept and expect that schools should help their kids pass.
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Tundex911: 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
Best acting gov since the Subsidy palava
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by LilleG(m): 11:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
The kids need all the time to be kids and do kiddy stuff. The current educational system is obsolete, rigid, and useless to current realities
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Glister: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Strangebuttrue:
One day is enough
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Ejem84: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2023
ghettochild:
Well it's not that bad.
But I think it shd be monday, Tuesday and Friday...
That way.. the days in btw can be used by the kids to revise or learn a vocational skill..
This Monday thru Wednesday ain't good at all..
The kids will b idle for 4days n return to school to forcefully integrate learning into their heads...
It's like a put in n dump kind of system.
Edo has a virtual class room in edobest@home.
Am sure in those 2 days kids will be engaged with like the covid-19 era
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Nnecky(f): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2023
philiancoop:
Economy bad and you dey reduce productivity and progress. Won’t the economy shrink? How can reducing work hours and spending stimulate the economy?

This Subsidy removal will bring poverty, job loss, unemployment, and high cost of living

It's the best move and every state governor should adopt this system.
Coming to school everyday decreases productivity financially and otherwise.
No time lost just more time attendee
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by philiancoop(m): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nnecky:

It's the best move and every state governor should adopt this system.
Coming to school everyday decreases productivity financially and otherwise.
No time lost just more time attendee

Civil servants have also reduced their hours
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by shereef19: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
Runnerzz:

Edo doesn't have an airport u mean? Are u sure ur mantally stable?
I don't need to reply people like u... Mr mental
Re: Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week by Kobicove(m): 2:13am On Jun 13, 2023
In my opinion this a stupid policy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNICAL Lecturer Sexually Harasses 16-Year-Old Girl / Niger Delta University (NDU) 2017/2018 POST UTME Form & PQ Is Out / See The Bold Step A Nairalander Took For His Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.