Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army (9336 Views)

Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ / 500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi / Libyan Rebel Flag Looks Similar To The Biafran Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by jason123: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2011
1soul:

I mean to say the Yorubas see all of us from the SS & SE as thesame, the only difference is crude oil. An average Yoruba man can't even differentiate btw an ijaw man & an Igbo man, not to talk of an Akwa Ibom man. We know our stronghold and why a SS name it to the presidency Today!

^^^
Mr. man. They don't see "us" the same!

@the people insulting your southern Neighbours

By Kingsley Omonobi October 1, 2011
So while the Army and other security agencies were gunning for stock of the Hausa/Fulani tribe as suspects, the sect was actually discovered to be using Igbo youths many of whom were born and bred in the North, in these areas to perpetuate the dastardly act for sums of money ranging from N300, 000 to N500, 000 depending on the success of the blast, the destruction caused, and the impact such attack must have made on the nation’s mass media.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/bombings-military-authorities-arrest-950-chadians-nigeriens-sudanese/

I bet "Kingley Omonobi" is a Yoruba man, abi?!
I wonder why you guys like shifting blames, instead of you guys to look at the bigger picture!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by jason123: 5:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
A united South is better than all this partitioning! Can't you all see that these articles started after the election?? Some people are hell bent on splitting the South!!!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by jason123: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2011
1soul:

Old Esatern region know themselves despite whatever new geo-political region emerged after the war. They know our streght together that's why they are striving so hard to keep us in disagreement. They suceeded at the beginning with this kind of junk news, which lead to even some igbos denying their race. But my brothers that era is gone cos we've learnt our lesson. You the yorubas see us all from the SE & SE as thesame people, the only difference is the oil wealth. And if u think we are not together then u'll be suprised once the contraption called nigeria collapse. Check in all the nigerian cities & u'll see that we are more at home among the igbo's than we can ever be with the yorubas. We might disagree at some point, even brothers quarrel but at the end of the day they settle at home. So please you guys should stop all these rubbish media propaganda for it's not going to work this time around.

Oh keep shut!!! What the Eff is the "Old East"?? If there is an "Old East" there will be an "Old West" and "North"!
No! We have SS, SE, SW,NC, NE and NW!!! Get that into your head!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by ak47mann(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2011
hw come gaddafi recruit all these guys cos he knows they are hungry people looking for little change to feed their families,poverty is a disease that why people fall into terrorist groups and dictatorship cool cool
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by 1soul(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Devine. There is nothing comforting about being Nigerian outside the shores other than embarrassment at the airports once ur passport is green, If Malaysia of all places turned my luggage inside out simply because of my nationality, then tell me what comfort u r talking about?

Whether u accept it or not Nigeria is SICK, it suffers from enemies from within, Technology is the key! Yet it's still thesame people from this country that work against local ingenuity, what's the big deal if it's not coming from ur region, if truly we are one we'll all see it as ours.

We have become an object of mockery ''confused Giant of Africa'' coming from ur region, if truly we are one we'll all see it as ours.

We have become an object of mockery ''confused Giant of Africa''
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2011
BTW:

Nigerians in US army (many fought in Iraq and Afganistan)- considered ok?
Nigerians in UK army (even ex-Speaker Bankole was formerly of the UK military, as we read) considered ok?
Nigerians in SA army -considered ok?
Nigerians in Libyan army-not ok??

What sort of clowns are in the house?

The journalist lied, though. Nigerians from all regions are in the Libyan army (as with their presence in many other country's army) and I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

BTW:

Nigerians in US army (many fought in Iraq and Afganistan)- considered ok?
Nigerians in UK army (even ex-Speaker Bankole was a former UK soldier, as we read) considered ok?
Nigerians in SA army -considered ok?
Nigerians in Libyan army (if true)-not ok??

What sort of clowns are in the house?

The journalist lied. Nigerians from all regions are in the Libyan army (as with their presence in many other country's army) and I see nothing wrong with Nigerians in that country's army.
But Ibos and hausas were specifically mentioned ? I'm just surprised that ibo and hausas can form a military alliance for Ghadafii when they are staunch adversary back home !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

But Ibos and hausas were specifically mentioned ? I'm just surprised that ibo and hausas can form a military alliance for Ghadafii when they are staunch adversary back home !

Mentioned by whom? By a decrepit journalist who has not done his home work well and one with a hidden agenda? I know two Yorubas in the then Libyan army. Most of those deported from Libya were from Edo, yet the fake journalist says no SS person was in the libyan army.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

Mentioned by whom? By a decrepit journalist who has not done his home work well? I know two Yorubas in the then Libyan army. Okay?
So where were you when the plights of these uches,okoros and abduls were aired by Cnn ? I saw the broadcast !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So where were you when the plights of these uches,okoros and abduls were aired by Cnn ? I saw the broadcast !

Is it the same program that I also watched? Who mentioned the names? Those with Yoruba marks on their faces are Igbos? Ya'll are the same, bunch of liars.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by 1soul(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2011
@Jason123.
I would take a United South Nigeria anytime, anyday if at all it's possible, but going by the comments I read here, sometimes I doubt the possibility of that happening, until the day the Yorubas & Igbos come to a round table to iron out their differences.

One thing I'm sure of is this ''Nigeria will disintegrate!'' and if Southern Nigeria makes it out of this unholy marriage in one piece, I'll be the happiest for it!!

I'm waiting, hoping it doesn't come with war & blood shed!!!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

Is it the same program that I also watched? Who mentioned the names? Those with Yoruba marks on their faces are Igbos? Ya'll are the same, bunc of liars.
If there is any person with tribal marks,definitely it will be so easy to deduce they are Nigerians.however,the case at hand had mainly people from the east as victims and that was why ekene di chuku sent luxurious buses to rescue them !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by aloyemeka1: 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2011
jason123:

I bet "Kingley Omonobi" is a Yoruba man, abi?!
I wonder why you guys like shifting blames, instead of you guys to look at the bigger picture![/size]

Itsekiri.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If there is any person with tribal marks,definitely it will be so easy to deduce they are Nigerians.however,the case at hand had mainly people from the east as victims and that was why ekene di chuku sent luxurious buses to rescue them !

Those I saw on CNN had tribal marks typical of Yoruba. Again note that there is nothing wrong with working in the Libyan army. Unless you agree it is also wrong for Nigerians to work in the US, UK and other country's military.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by jason123: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2011
1soul:

@Jason123.
I would take a United South Nigeria anytime, anyday if at all it's possible, but going by the comments I read here,  sometimes I doubt the possibility of that happening, until the day the Yorubas & Igbos come to a round table to iron out their differences.

One thing I'm sure of is this ''Nigeria will disintegrate!'' and if Southern Nigeria makes it out of this unholy marriage in one piece, I'll be the happiest for it!!

I'm waiting,  hoping it doesn't come with war & blood shed!!!

That's the spirit!!! Some people NEVER want to see a united South with the NC!!! You guys need to start understanding what is going on in Nigeria. The SS and SE alone did not give GEJ victory. It was a a combined effort! The moment the South allows pettiness to trickle in, that will be the beginning of OUR problems and the end result will be worse than what we have now. That is OUR chance! Let's not allow OUR suspicion for each other to tear the South apart!
God bless!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

Those I saw on CNN had tribal marks typical of Yoruba. Again note that there is nothing wrong with working in the Libyan army. Unless you agree it is also wrong for Nigerians to work in the US, UK and other country's military.
It's you that do not want to accept that ibos fought for Ghadaffi in libya !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^^

As did Yorubas (I know of Taiwo and Aderinokun, to mention a few).
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

^^^^

As did Yorubas (I know of Taiwo and Aderinokun, to mention a few).
Just mention all.since the whole saga,the north and east have been involved which the whole world can clearly see but people like you ? I don't know what else to say but cnn wouldn't have lied about that interview !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by nnwniger: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2011
Born and raised in that part of Nigeria,Yorubas are very predictable,its just a tribal thing
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by nnwniger: 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2011
Born and raised in that part of Nigeria,Yorubas are very predictable,its just a tribal thing
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
nnw niger:

What do yorubas have to gain from ibos and northerners fighting for Ghadaffi ?
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by 1soul(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2011
That's the spirit!!! Some people NEVER
want to see a united South with the NC!!!
You guys need to start understanding what
is going on in Nigeria. The SS and SE alone
did not give GEJ victory. It was a a
combined effort! The moment the South
allows pettiness to trickle in, that will be the
beginning of OUR problems and the end
result will be worse than what we have
now. That is OUR chance! Let's not allow
OUR suspicion for each other to tear the
South apart!
God bless!
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 7:35pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Just mention all.since the whole saga,the north and east have been involved which the whole world can clearly see but people like you ? I don't know what else to say but cnn wouldn't have lied about that interview !

BTW, have you seen what your brother did here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773080.0.html
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

BTW, have you seen what your brother did here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773080.0.html
See what a tribal bast-ard like you can spew.check that thread and see what my opinion was all about even without knowing the tribe of the army officer involved.No woner Ghadaddi killed all your folks inl ibya.mofo
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by SouthEast1: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

See what a tribal bast-ard like you can spew.check that thread and see what my opinion was all about even without knowing the tribe of the army officer involved.No woner Ghadaddi killed all your folks inl ibya.mofo

Your corrupt brother took hefty bribe and released a Boko Haram terrorist. How much are you guys worth sef?
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
South-East:

Your corrupt brother took hefty bribe and released a Boko Haram terrorist. How much are you guys worth sef?
You are just as silly as your opinion and not even your tribal stuupid crap will make me change my mind.Btw,stick to thread,it's about ibos fighting for ghadaffi.
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by richjohn1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2011
This is getting interesting, grin grin grin grin grin

More bullets from bothsides let the battle continue
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by akinmax: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2011
I keep wondering why pple always react to topic from their shallow tribal reasoning to defend their ethnic group of misdeed/gaffe instead of addressing it and learning  from it- let call a spade a spade, so that such wouldnt occur in future Again, reporter or no reporter write up we all know the set of pple dat travel to any part of the world for greener pasture Libya or jst anywhere .
It always good to be realistic than idealist .These pple re our brothers, !
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by philip0906(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You are just as silly as your opinion and not even your tribal stuupid crap will make me change my mind.Btw,stick to thread,[size=18pt]it's about ibos fighting for ghadaffi[/size].
where is d proof?is it because a journalist said so?all d journalist was just telling us,was what his source told him and not what has been proven. . .meaning that it could all be lies
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by philip0906(m): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
A security expert told the Nigerian Tribune that the deposed Libyan leader had a network through which he identified young Nigerians who could be recruited into the Libyan army and other forces.

[size=18pt]Another source [/size] said that the former Libyan leader usually offered those recruits scholarships and opportunity to pursue lifetime career in the Libyan Armed Forces.

[size=18pt]It was learnt that[/size] the Libyan leader deliberately did not restrict the recruitment drive to a section of the country and that while many from the North and South-East took up offers in the military, those from the South-West and South-South usually did not take up the offer.

It was also gathered that the development lasted many years and that many of those recruited were encouraged to leave the youth service for a more promising career in the Libyan Armed Forces.

[size=18pt]A source [/size] said that one young man from the South-East approached by Gaddafi’s agents once asked for advice after receiving a letter of offer to serve in the Libyan army.

"You have to note that the anger of the militants, who are fighting Gaddafi, against Nigerians initially was largely fuelled by the realisation that many Nigerians were actually recruited by Gaddafi and were part of the last vestiges of resistance for Libya’s long-standing leader," a source told the Nigerian Tribune.

[size=18pt]The source [/size] further said that the Libyan leader was told that Nigerian youths generally faced difficulties of unemployment after graduation. He was said to usually target graduating students, who fulfilled the requirements for military recruitment.

"He (Gaddafi) saw the advantage of getting Nigerians into his armed forces since he knew that many of them were aware they would be roaming the streets of Nigeria after graduation. Through the process he got many recruits,” the source said, adding that many northern youths, who also travelled to Libya for studies, ended up in the military.
just unconfirmed sources,no proofs. . .d source might just be his mind spewing lies.what kind of journalism is that? undecided
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by Onlytruth(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2011
Posted by: jason123

That's the spirit!!! Some people NEVER want to see a united South with the NC!!! You guys need to start understanding what is going on in Nigeria. [b]The SS and SE alone did not give GEJ victory. [/b]It was a a combined effort! The moment the South allows pettiness to trickle in, that will be the beginning of OUR problems and the end result will be worse than what we have now. That is OUR chance! Let's not allow OUR suspicion for each other to tear the South apart!
God bless!

That is only HALF of the truth. The full truth is that SE, SS and NC actually gave Jonathan victory.
SW sat at home. Let history not be muddled. The few votes GEJ got in the SW came from Easterners and NC people living there.
The venom with which SW opinion here fought GEj and are still fighting him, speaks volumes.  undecided
Re: How Gaddafi Recruited Nigerians Into Libyan Army by tpia5: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2011
so we can easily believe gaddafi/libya trained mercenaries from sierra leone and liberia, but for some strange reason, we find it hard to believe he also recruited mercenaries from nigeria.

but al-mustafa [of the abacha regime] said he trained in libya.

not to mention the nigerian human trafficking network has one of its main headquarters in libya?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Eight Killed At A Bar In Potiskum, Yobe / Oil Producing States Have Cornered The Nation's Wealth- Yobe Governor / Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.