Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. (1045 Views)

₦22 Million Stolen From Customer’s Car Parked Inside Access Bank In Kaduna / FCMB Replies Customer Who Requested For Loan To Buy Sex Doll / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by Parachoko: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
‘Do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked for N302,000 Stolen From His Account

A Sagamu point of sale (PoS) vendor has been told by the United Bank for Africa (UBA) to do his worst for demanding explanations for the disappearance of N302,000 from his account.

Hassan, a father of three, had gone to the Marina regional headquarters of the bank to lodge complaints over a series of unsolicited debits on his account.

The Sagamu man told FIJ that he suffered the loss on the night of February 6.

“By the time I got to know of the debits, N302,500 had been removed from my account,” Hassan told FIJ.

Following this shocking event, he headed to the Sagamu branch of the bank to lodge complaints, where he was delayed for many hours without a solution.

“All I was told was that they would send my complaints to their regional headquarters in Marina, Lagos,” he said.

Hassan told FIJ he was promised seven working days to rectify the issue. However, two weeks after the promised date, nothing was done. “I waited for over two weeks, nothing happened,” he said.
Hassan said he had been running his business on an overdraft and had got reminders to pay back.

He went to the bank’s head office in Marina to personally see to the progress of his complaint.

“I went through serious stress at the head office, hours of waiting in the sun, sitting as if we were there to beg for money,” Hassan told FIJ.

He said that three days later, the bank came with a response that the 39 debits on his account were done through the use of a debit card.

“My wife and I run a PoS business, so we understand the workings of a debit card. We had no cause to use an ATM card at all anywhere. Also, the instructions on the debits read ‘web purchase’. If it had been truly that, then there must have been a request for OTP, but there was none; we got no OTP” Hassan maintained.

Understanding that the excuses given by the bank were not adding up, Hassan concluded that the fraudulent transactions were in-house.

“The money was deducted internally, and there was a connivance amongst the staff,” Hassan alleged.

The array of debits on Hassan's account

FIJ found that in the recent past, members of the UBA staff were charged to court and convicted for stealing customers’ monies. On June 5, the EFCC arraigned two staff members of the bank for a similar offence.

“All my efforts to get UBA to refund my money have been met with one excuse or the other. I pleaded, but at some point, they even told me to go and do my worst,” the father of three said.

But there is a twist.

On Friday 10, three days after Hassan received the debits, he received the first repayment reminder of the overdraft he had secured from no other bank but the UBA.

While refusing to resolve the unsolicited deduction, UBA has never lost a day to remind Hassan of the consequences of defaulting in the settlement of the bank’s overdraft.

When FIJ emailed Ramon Nasir, UBA’s Group Head, Media and External Relations, on Wednesday, he sought time to investigate the matter. However, as of press time, he had not reverted.

https://fij.ng/article/do-your-worst-uba-tells-customer-who-asked-for-n302000-stolen-from-his-account/
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by Treasure17(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
Financial institutions are not 100% safe anymore. Banker in the day and Cc at night. Most of these guys don't even need all your details to wipe everything away.
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by nnamdi640: 1:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
See provoking comment, your own customer that you supposed to console is the one you are using provoking comment. Some of this bankers don't deserve to work in the bank.
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
Had it been it was UBA whose data was hack into,the bank would have taken a swift action to recover the stolen money and even got the culprit arrested..
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
All these fraud is always perpetrated on weekends when it is impossible to reach and complain to the bank physically due to close of business for the weekend.
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by ruggedtimi(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Omo uba do me same around 2015..I get that bank statement till now, I saw series of withdrawal/credit, an extra 1m entered my acct and it was debited instantly with almost 200k of my money. I was outside Nigeria then and I requested for my acct/card to be blocked. When I got back to Nigeria, on my bank statement I notice several transactions after the block request date.
They told me to forward my complain to the headquarters. I jus allowed the matter to die cos I didn't have the time then to follow up the matter.
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by AMI3(m): 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
This should enter front page for more comment and solution
Re: ‘do Your Worst,’ UBA Tells Customer Who Asked For N302,000 Stolen From His Acct. by KingAzubuike(f): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2023
So we should stop banking with UBA.

Moreover the bank na very stingy bank. Ordinary quick loans they don't give unlike GTB access firstbank etc. UBA and wema I don't know who is more stingy and useless..

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Business Struggling? Get In Here If You Need Business Grant To Help You. / Nigerian To Ten Business Icon / How Google Makes Big Money And How You Can Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.