Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika (14194 Views)

Enugu Airport Opening: Ugwuanyi Hosts Hadi Sirika And Authur Eze / Hadi Sirika: Wike Has No Right To Order Arrest Of Pilots / Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ogododo: 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGuXGqaORkw

Former Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, has accused the lawmaker who branded launch of Nigeria Air as fraud of demanding five percent shares of the National Carrier Air from him.

During a hearing by the House of Representatives, Chairman of the House Committee on Aviation, Nnolim Nnaji, had declared the launch of Nigeria Air a fraud.

He had picked holes in the project, criticising the Federal Government for what he described as poor handling.

Nnaji said after careful evaluation of the matter, his committee was dissatisfied with the actions of Sirika.

“We are equally irked by the role played by Ethiopian Airlines in this whole process. It does not speak well of the excellent brotherly relationship existing between our two nations.”

“A careful review of the process indicates the exercise to be highly opaque, shrouded in secrecy, shoddy and capable of ridiculing and tarnishing the image of Nigeria before the international community,” he had said.

But speaking when he appeared on ARISE TV on Sunday, Sirika said the lawmaker approached him and asked for five percent shares of the airline for “him and his people”.

“On the issue of Hon Nnaji who called Nigeria Air launch a fraud, I will respond now. I will say exactly what I told him in private when we spoke.”

Hon Nnaji asked me that I should give him 5% of Nigeria to carry him along with his people, and I said to him at that time, Honourable, a bidding process that has taken place, and some people won. So, I think you should go to those people and ask for the 5 percent.”

When Reuben Abati, anchor of the show, asked the former Minister to clarify if the lawmaker indeed asked for bribe for himself and other legislators, Sirika said, Let’s be fair, Hon Nnaji didn’t say other members. He said he wants it for himself and his people. His people could his be his family, could be members and it could be leadership. I don’t know, but he insisted on 5%. I said that he should relax and approach the owners. That’s exactly what I told him.”

The former Minister also criticised Nnaji and the aviation committee for conducting what translated to a “predetermined hearing”.

‘I was a member of the House of Reps 20 years ago, and 10 years ago, I was a Senator. I know the workings of the National Assembly. He [Nnaji] called for public hearing. And right under the public hearing, he just turned the paper and read the riot act. The practice in the National Assembly is that after hearing people and the complain, you now go and sit down as a committee, discuss the issues, raise them, approach the whole house of reps and take position of the house plus leadership and come back and make your findings known, but not immediately you just read the riot Act out. It means is predetermined.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-rep-who-labelled-nigeria-air-as-fraud-asked-me-for-bribe-sirika/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by superlanny(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
The number of politicians who are not crooks are not up to 0% and yet their gullible followers will protect and worship them while suffering immeasurable, wallowing in poverty and pain.

Una never suffer reach, just wait and enjoy!!!

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by seaenergy: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
ogododo:
Former Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, has accused the lawmaker who branded launch of Nigeria Air as fraud of demanding five percent shares of the National Carrier Air from him.

During a hearing by the House of Representatives, Chairman of the House Committee on Aviation, Nnolim Nnaji, had declared the launch of Nigeria Air a fraud.

to him at that time, Honourable, a bidding process that has taken place, and some people won. So, I think you should go to those people and ask for the 5 percent.”

When Reuben Abati, anchor of the show, asked the former Minister to clarify if the lawmaker indeed asked for bribe for himself and other legislators, Sirika said, “Let’s be fair, Hon Nnaji didn’t say other members. He said he wants it for himself and his people. His people could his be his family, could be members and it could be leadership. I don’t know, but he insisted on 5%. I said that he should relax and approach the owners. That’s exactly what I told him.”

The former Minister also criticised Nnaji and the aviation committee for conducting what translated to a “predetermined hearing”.

‘I was a member of the House of Reps 20 years ago, and 10 years ago, I was a Senator. I know the workings of the National Assembly. He [Nnaji] called for public hearing. And right under the public hearing, he just turned the paper and read the riot act. The practice in the National Assembly is that after hearing people and the complain, you now go and sit down as a committee, discuss the issues, raise them, approach the whole house of reps and take position of the house plus leadership and come back and make your findings known, but not immediately you just read the riot Act out. It means is predetermined.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-rep-who-labelled-nigeria-air-as-fraud-asked-me-for-bribe-sirika/

Does asking for 5% change the reality? Is everything about Nigeria air fraud or not? The aviation minister supposed to be with emefiele

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by festacman(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2023
There is no doubt that Sen. Hadi Sirika, an experienced aviator, used Air Nigeria to corruptly enrich himself and perhaps others.

To operate an airline in Nigeria, you need to:
1. Set up the operational structures, which involves setting up head office, flight operation dept., engineering dept., ground operation dept. and aviation security dept. All these depts will be headed by an experienced professional and supported by staff who are expected to develop vital manuals and prove knowledge of their contents.
Being a FG-supported project, poaching staff from other airlines to fill these depts wouldn't be hard.
2. Make arrangements to lease or buy at least three airplanes to be used for operation.
3. Secure Airline Operator's Certificate (AOC). Given the resources available as a government airline, I am sure it will take less than 6 months to secure this from NCAA as the process involved is basically proving that the airline is ready to operate. To do this, NCAA counterpart depts will be sent to audit the readiness of the airline's depts to function effectively to ensure SAFE operation. The financial capacity to support operation is also established at this point.
4. The airline shows its airplanes to NCAA and prove that no CHECK is due on any of them.
5. The airline to conducts test flight with the leased or bought airplanes on designated routes under supervision of NCAA.
6. NCAA issues AOC and the airline operation starts.

It is clear from above that if Hadi Sirika was sincere, this process would have been completed in less than 1 year. So, what held Air Nigeria captive from becoming a reality for 7 years can only be CORRUPTION. Hadi Sirika is a huge disappointment.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by Rajahbite(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Okay, okay.
Sirika abi Sariki your ineffectual excuse is admitted. But I will tell you this, of course I never asked for any % in shares, but the truth must be told.... NIGERIA AIRWAYS IS A FRAUD !

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by yarimo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
Rep NNAJI I know it must be them undecided undecided undecided

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by dustmalik: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by Ofunaofu: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mr Hon Minister, please off your mic, off your mic..its okayyyyyy.....it's okayyyyyy.

And it will end there, no arrest will be made while they move to the next one

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ogododo: 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by Freedom2023(m): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
One day we will wake up to discover that Nigeria has been sold out alongside her cituzens

9 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ogododo: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
Freedom2023:
One day we will wake up to discover that Nigeria has been sold out alongside her cituzens
I no go be sold.

3 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ozo13(m): 12:15am On Jun 12, 2023
festacman:
There is no doubt that Sen. Hadi Sirika, an experienced aviator, used Air Nigeria to corruptly enrich himself and perhaps others.

To operate an airline in Nigeria, you need to:
1. Set up the operational structures, which involves setting up head office, flight operation dept., engineering dept., ground operation dept. and aviation security dept. All these depts will be headed by an experienced professional and supported by staff who are expected to develop vital manuals and prove knowledge of their contents.
Being a FG-supported project, poaching staff from other airlines to fill these depts wouldn't be hard.
2. Make arrangements to lease or buy at least three airplanes to be used for operation.
3. Secure Airline Operator's Certificate (AOC). Given the resources available as a government airline, I am sure it will take less than 6 months to secure this from NCAA as the process involved is basically proving that the airline is ready to operate. To do this, NCAA counterpart depts will be sent to audit the readiness of the airline's depts to function effectively to ensure SAFE operation. The financial capacity to support operation is also established at this point.
4. The airline shows its airplanes to NCAA and prove that no CHECK is due on any of them.
5. The airline to conducts test flight with the leased or bought airplanes on designated routes under supervision of NCAA.
6. NCAA issues AOC and the airline operation starts.

It is clear from above that if Hadi Sirika was sincere, this process would have been completed in less than 1 year. So, what held Air Nigeria captive from becoming a reality for 5 years can only be CORRUPTION. Hadi Sirika is a huge disappointment.
did u watch the interview.some of the questions u raised was also asked and he answered it

3 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by festacman(m): 12:35am On Jun 12, 2023
ozo13:
did u watch the interview.some of the questions u raised was also asked and he answered it

Why is Air Nigeria still at stage 2 of AOC process at May 29 2023?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ogododo: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2023
Na so we dey.

1 Like

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by DMerciful(m): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2023
Why didn't he talked about the bribe until it was called a fraud that it really is?
ogododo:

to him at that time, Honourable, a bidding process that has taken place, and some people won. So, I think you should go to those people and ask for the 5 percent.”

When Reuben Abati, anchor of the show, asked the former Minister to clarify if the lawmaker indeed asked for bribe for himself and other legislators, Sirika said, “Let’s be fair, Hon Nnaji didn’t say other members. He said he wants it for himself and his people. His people could his be his family, could be members and it could be leadership. I don’t know, but he insisted on 5%. I said that he should relax and approach the owners. That’s exactly what I told him.”

7 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by SoftP(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2023
In Unionism, we call this Aloota-continua

1 Like

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by MykellOni(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2023
Omo, all these m.fuckers are bloody thieves! All of them...

1 Like

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by MrPADDY(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2023
70% of aviation sector and stakeholders were not carried along, and are not happy with the entire process. Does it mean that those ones, too, asked the minister for bribes?

These are the caliber of leaders ruling the country, and controlling the economy. Little wonder why we ain't making progress. The so-called minister was stopped by the court from proceeding with the project, but because of all his corrupt practices, he violated the court injunction, so has to cover up the funds he embezzled. Now he's looking for who to drag along.

6 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2023
grin
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by BrokenCondom: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2023
So we should celebrate that you didn't pay the bribe?

Where are the dancers, dj put that beat on repeat.

Awon Oniranran gbogbo

3 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by sylve11: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2023
They all can not be trusted. embarassed cool
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by saucespecies: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2023
EFCC where art thou..

This guy should be arrested and investigated immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by ipobarecriminals: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2023
grin Hon Nnaji grin cheesy grin grin grin(only the legend go sabi why I dey shine gringringrin)All nah develop wink
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by sevo(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2023
This imbe still dey talk

3 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by princeemma69: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2023
Bribe to do what? Everyone, including Tinubu, knows that Nigeria Air was a major fraud

2 Likes

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by Angelfrost(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2023
The more this Sirika of a man speaks on this Air Nigeria fiasco, the more he implicates his extremely corrupt and fraudulent personality!

Why are corrupt people in Nigeria suddenly so bold and vocal in defending their blatant frauds??! No remorse! No shame!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by SavageResponse(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2023
I won't be surprised if what he said is true.

Afterall this is exactly a member of House of Reps Herman Hembe asked Arunma Oteh then Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission for a bribe over 5 years ago!
Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by BluntCrazeMan: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Haaaahahahahaaaa

MEANWHILE....

Air-Peace had responded to the part that concerned them..,, and had debunked the lies that were told by Sen. Hadi Sirika, as it concerned them.

NOW,, LET THE BACK-AND-FORTH BEGIN.!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnolim Nnaji Asked For Bribe - Hadi Sirika by missionmex(m): 11:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Is it fraud or not that is the question Mr man!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Confident Of Victory At Tribunal – Maku. / Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / DSS Probes Ex-governor’s ‘link’ With Militia Leader (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.