Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time (42328 Views)

CODELAGOS: 337 Schools To Participate In Coding Competition / Learn Coding For Free, With Microverse, Pay The Tuition When You Start Earning. / Do We Have Coding Bootcamps In Nigeria? / Faster Way To Learn Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Roozzaay(m): 6:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Maj196:
Nigerians are the most useless people on planet earth
You know wetin you dey talk abi you just dey talk for talking sake?

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Quintopia: 7:07am On Jun 12, 2023
melexchi:
Do you know people sets record almost everyday around the world, but when Nigerians participate fellow dúmb Nigerians will call it abuse when no one else complains, we are our problem in the country very very stúpid and dúmb

THANK YOU.

AND THEY HAVE THIS THING ABOUT ''OH BECAUSE ONE PERSON DOES IT, SO EVERYBODY WILL START DOING IT'',

I MEAN, THAT IS THE NORM ALL OVER THE WORLD. IF SOMETHING IS SEEN TO WORK, PEOPLE JOIN THE TREND. IT IS NOT UNIQUE TO NIGERIA AT ALL.

WHEN THE SUGAR HILL GANG RELEASED THE FIRST RAP SONG IN 1981 OR SO, AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL, RAP BECAME WHAT EVERY YOUNGSTER WANTED TO DO IN AMERICA. THE REST IS HISTORY.

BUT SOMEHOW THESE MORONS HAVE TURNED IT INTO SOME SORT OF UNIQUELY NIGERIAN 'SHORTCOMING'.

IT'S INCREDIBLE.

EVERYTHING THEY DO IS BAD IN THER EYES.

NATION OF SELF HATERS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Emmanuel909090: 7:28am On Jun 12, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by dyera(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Now we are talking

I just tire, I am surprised to see people bashing the guy. His world record idea that is a twist of cook a ton is a good one. At list he is not trying to break Hilda Bici record that not yet official.

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by dyera(m): 7:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Quintopia:

HOW?

YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID IN THE WAY YOU REASON.

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY SET EYES ON THE GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS HARDCOPY?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MASSIVE IT IS?

DO YOU THINK IT IS A PAMPHLET?

IN THAT GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ITALIAN RECORD HOLDERS ARE IN IT?

OR AMERICAN, OR BRITISH, SPANISH, BRAZILIAN, CHINESE, INDIAN, GERMAN?

DO YOU HAVE ANY FCKING IDEA?

HUNDREDS FROM EACH NATION IN ONE CATEGORY OR THE OTHER.

THE USA HAS THOUSANDS OF RECORD HOLDERS.

NIGERIA IS BARELY REPRESENTED AT ALL.

I'LL BE SHOCKED IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 5 PEOPLE IN IT.

SO HOW THE FLYING FU.C.K DOES SOME NIGERIAN GUY OR GIRL LOOKING TO BREAK A RECORD MEAN ANYTHING NEGATIVE, YOU STUPID SELF HATERS DROWNED IN COMPLEX?

JUST WORTHLESS PEOPLE.

TUFIA.

The only thing we should condemn is Nigerians trying to break the record of fellow Nigerian that is not yet official.

As long as they are trying to break the record of someone from another country or are trying to set a new record, they should be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Quintopia: 7:38am On Jun 12, 2023
graceilina:
Please what is the essence of this Guinness world record? Are they giving them money?

Not a single penny is paid to any Guinness world record holder.

It is simply about challenging yourself.

People break hundreds of records EVERY SINGLE DAY, which go into the book of records.

It is done without cameras and fanfare.

The Hilda Baci thing is an outlier, driven by social media etc.

In the US, UK etc, getting n the Guinness book of records is respected, but it doesn't make you a 'celebrity'.

In Nigeria, it's still the same hyping of anything foreign, making what is not that big a deal a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Quintopia: 7:46am On Jun 12, 2023
dyera:

The only thing we should condemn is Nigerians trying to break the record of fellow Nigerian that is not yet official.

As long as they are trying to break the record of someone from another country or are trying to set a new record, they should be encouraged.

Thank you my brotha. Don't mind this useless set of people.

I've lived on every continent.

This is the only country where I've been and the people are telling someone seeking to break a world record to ''slow down'' and not chase their dream!

Their reasoning is ''Why do you want to break a record just because I broke a record!''

(''But that is the very reason why I wanna break it, because I saw you do it, and I want to see if I can challenge myself to beat your record!'')

It's the most rational progression of thought.

It's competition. A contest of will.

You're not supposed to ''cool down''.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by ibnusaadan03(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2023
ecolime:
Nigerians too dey overdo. We abuse everything.

Very soon, GWR go add strict measures to their application process.

This reminds me of the recent UK JAPA f'up... Something wey Indians and Pakistanis don dey do for decades, e reach Nigeria turn, we cast am.

We always do follow follow without shame

Cyber cafe biz
Call center & Recharge card biz
Pure water biz
POS biz
etc.

During my NYSC then, every corper wan do HSE, Project Management & NIM... Even Law graduates dey do HSE for NISP. lol grin This generation now, na Agile, Data Analytics & coding all of them wan do.

Several online forums sprang up in 2006 & 2007 after seeing the growth & success of Nairaland, but where are they today?

We are not creative at all.

''When Everybody Is Digging for Gold, It’s Good To Be in the Shovel Business'' -- Mark Twain

Seriously, I dislike it when People all gather on a single thing that's trending.

Creativity is the best.

We are currently in a time when almost all Nigerians are into "E-commerce" as they call it.
😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Danz123: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2023
Very sensible comment, most say you are a good observer.
ecolime:

This reminds me of the recent UK JAPA f'up... Something wey Indians and Pakistanis don dey do for decades, e reach Nigeria turn, we cast am.

Cyber cafe biz
Pure water biz
POS biz
etc.

During my NYSC then, every corper wan do HSE, Project Management & NIM... Even Law graduates dey do HSE for NISP. lol grin This generation now, na Agile, Data Analytics & coding all of them wan do.

Several online forums sprang up in 2006 & 2007 after seeing the growth & success of Nairaland, but where are they today?

''When Everybody Is Digging for Gold, It’s Good To Be in the Shovel Business'' -- Mark Twain
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Litmus: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2023
I find it difficult to believe Nigerians are predominately the ones abusing this guy for trying to set a new world record, I suspect it is people with other national interests abusing him informed by resentment after Nigerians, including me, attacked that Liberian and other Africans for so quickly trying to challenge Hilda's cooking record.

Africa isn't good for Nigeria, Africa is like a barrel of crabs.
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Ajalalomo: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2023
Quintopia:

HOW?

IN THAT GUINNESS BOOK OF RECORDS, DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY ITALIAN RECORD HOLDERS ARE IN IT?

SO HOW THE FLYING FU.C.K DOES SOME NIGERIAN GUY OR GIRL LOOKING TO BREAK A RECORD MEAN ANYTHING NEGATIVE, YOU STUPID SELF HATERS DROWNED IN COMPLEX?

JUST WORTHLESS PEOPLE.

TUFIA.

Why calling me stupid when I never directed my words to you?

Anyway, I am sorry if I hit you below the belt.
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2023
ecolime:

Cyber cafe biz
Pure water biz
POS biz
etc.

Those people wey dey run beauty salons and sell body enhancement product got their advice from this quote. Lol. And also people selling asha*wo gown and expensive human hair.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Tzark94: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2023
Peasants, this is HackSultan we're talking about. Show some respect!

VeryWickedGoat:
I hate Nigerians DIE! angry
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by PPIA: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Shalommy:
Everybody wanna break record. Guiness go believe naija.. undecided
Break a lizard style marathon record with Amos goat grin
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by airsaylongcome: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2023
dyera:

What’s wrong with a Nigerian trying to break another Nigerian’s record? Aren’t records meant to be broken? Did many Americans not set and break each others records at 100m in the Olympics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by S1mpl3Guy: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2023
Typical Nigerian mentality, it's not about how much effort you wasted, it's about how well the end result come out.
The hours you will spend manually coding every line someone else will just copy and paste each function and finish in 15 minutes.
This is why it's so easy to scam Nigerians when it comes to technology, even ordinary website you'll go and be paying #1million for a java-monkey to settle down and write something for 1 week, when you can do it by yourself in 20 minutes on WIX with no coding knowledge.
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by vannessa7(f): 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Quintopia:

HOW?

JUST WORTHLESS PEOPLE.

TUFIA.

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by dyera(m): 12:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What’s wrong with a Nigerian trying to break another Nigerian’s record? Aren’t records meant to be broken? Did many Americans not set and break each others records at 100m in the Olympics

Hilda's record is not yet official but many Nigerians are already trying to break it, that's the height of inconsideration. Why not wait for Guinness to make decisions on Hilda's record before trying to break it.
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by vannessa7(f): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Litmus:
I find it difficult to believe Nigerians are predominately the ones abusing this guy for trying to set a new world record, I suspect it is people with other national interests abusing him informed by resentment after Nigerians, including me, attacked that Liberian and other Africans for so quickly trying to challenge Hilda's cooking record.

Africa isn't good for Nigeria, Africa is like a barrel of crabs.

They practice crab technology, none of us must rise to the top syndrome, in this case I believe most of those people condemning him are doing so because of his name, if the name has read like chinedu or emeka, you will see all those front pages filled with praise upon praise, this is nairaland and that's their way since 1020 BC, that tribe hates anything good coming to Yoruba, or Hausa for that matter, truth is bitter but it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by vannessa7(f): 12:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
Quintopia:

Thank you my brotha. Don't mind this useless set of people.

[b]I've lived on every continent.

This is the only country where I've been and the people are telling someone seeking to break a world record to ''slow down'' and not chase their dream!

Their reasoning is ''Why do you want to break a record just because I broke a record!''

(''But that is the very reason why I wanna break it, because I saw you do it, and I want to see if I can challenge myself to beat your record!'')

It's the most rational progression of thought.

It's competition. A contest of will.

You're not supposed to ''cool down''.[/b] grin grin

"I've lived on every continent"

Maami, ultimate respect ma, your reasoning is top notch too, I bow
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by airsaylongcome: 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
dyera:

Hilda's record is not yet official but many Nigerians are already trying to break it, that's the height of inconsideration. Why not wait for Guinness to make decisions on Hilda's record before trying to break it.

Understand that it’s a “game”. Hilda doesn’t need or care about the record. She has accomplished what she wanted to accomplish. Visibility for herself and her brand. If all these “new cats” like, make dem cook non-stop for one decade, they will still be “new cats”. Hilda (even though I’m not her fan) will forever be our cook-a-thon record holder

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Tunde835(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Maj196:
Nigerians are the most useless people on planet earth
Coding for a long period of time is actually useful and it's called a hackathon. Many successful startup founders like Gates and Zuckerberg engaged in it in their earlier days.
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Litmus: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let's make Africa hate us even more by breaking the record below - it's doable cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfWZFSwCwI8

Erect a record breaking monument like one of these in any of your states and attract the world's attention with all that may go with it in terms of investment and posturing rights smiley

and please let's not do as one of our sneaky neighbouring countries people would do, which is erect a 6ft statue holding an 825ft tall spindly spear grin
Re: Sultan Akintunde Set For Guinness World Record For Longest Software Coding Time by Haydens: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
I hate Nigerians DIE! angry

😂😂😂 Aswear over doing dey kill us for this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Top Highly Paid Programming Languages To Learn / How Much Will It Cost Me To Design a mobile APP In Nigeria / Basil Okpara Jr, Biography, Age, Nigerian Programmer Who Built 30 Mobile Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.