Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed (57425 Views)

Snake-swallower Dies After Viper Bites His Tongue And Throat( Pics, Video) / Two-Headed Russell Viper Discovered In India (Photos) / Man Kills A Viper With 64 Babies In Anambra State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Timtim007(f): 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
ArchiLimited:
In Igbo this snake is known as "echi eteka". Tomorrow is too far
That's what we call it In Hausa

Gobe da ni sa... tomorrow is too far

smiley
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Greatness21(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
edward1106:

U will make that guy you quoted begin to question everything he knows now. grin grin
That's a puff adder snake not a gaboon viper. Learn and stop laughing.

4 Likes

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by seborrhic: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
backtovillage:
Next time note, python are venomous unlike anaconda which is mammal
Python venomous?
Do you even know the meaning of venomous?
Or you think venomous is a word that is a milder term that is not as bad as poisonous?
The way you confidently posted this ignorance is astounding!

1 Like

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by ArchiLimited: 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
henrybangs44:

Funny enough the direct translation of that means cobra in hausa

Lol explain

1 Like

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by BloomingDale(f): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Its name of any descendant of Hell, the devil.
Its in Hebrew which means, Gods only mistake of creation.

But people don't know. The word OBINRIN is hiding because the Theology don't want the world to know that God did a mistake.
IBINRIN Means mistake of God and its names of anything that came from the devil.

Always read wide plsssssss

The seed of the woman and the seed of Satan.

The Woman’s seed will crush the serpent head. Who is always screaming he is the head? Follow the clues and you will find the devil.

Who goes about to and fro looking for any opportunity to rape, kill, murder, yahoo yahoo, carry drugs etc? The man aka Satan. Always follow the clues.
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hmmmm.....this security man could have known that tommorow is too far for him to cross over if the viper had reacted .....

He should have used it to do necklace thinking it is Python....lols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by SuperSupremo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2023
4tomandchi:
In hausa it means "Gobe na d nisa" if not for your intervention the guy for don dey close to ancestors.
Pls what is Kububuwa in English,I looked for it tire....I'm from Ghana but can speak Hausa well
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by onuman: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
ogbiwa:
A security guard killed this venomous viper in a bush around an area I visited, and held it by the neck while the snake was still moving and with the head still intact, to look for buyers. When I screamed at him he claimed it was a non venomous python and that someone was coming to buy it for 7k and the person needed the snake whole with the head still intact (likely for diabolical use). When I told him that a scratch from this snake's fangs would kill him if not treated quickly, he dropped the snake before I snapped it. The snake was even still moving on the floor! The risks people take.

Lucky man. He escaped death by a blink of an eye in a country full of poisonius snakes but anti snake venom may not be easily obtained in a hospital.
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Hassanmaye(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
ogbiwa:
A security guard killed this venomous viper in a bush around an area I visited, and held it by the neck while the snake was still moving and with the head still intact, to look for buyers. When I screamed at him he claimed it was a non venomous python and that someone was coming to buy it for 7k and the person needed the snake whole with the head still intact (likely for diabolical use). When I told him that a scratch from this snake's fangs would kill him if not treated quickly, he dropped the snake before I snapped it. The snake was even still moving on the floor! The risks people take.
Thank you for saving him
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by ogbiwa: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
backtovillage:

A simple Google search would've done you a world of good

1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
The snake is a puff adder,one of the most notorious venomous snakes in Africa.It is responsible for 30,000 snake bites in Subsaharan Africa and possesses a cytotoxic venom which is lethal.
Its ambush mode of hunting and cryptic camouflage coloration,makes it very easy for humans to accidentally step on it.People who get bitten by this viper often do so by stepping on the snake.
It is a prolific breeder, giving birth to as many as 50 babies.
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by NewDea4: 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
ArchiLimited:

Lol grin
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Way4orward: 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
Gentle snake
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Sleekfingers: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
Naso some nigerians dey die like mosquitoes..

That's how a bricklayer was bitten by a snake at my friend's site in Epe. People were just behaving as if nothing happened. After some minutes he started sweating
It was a boy of about 13 years, that saved his life, by just picking some leaves around the site.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by jubrilELsudan: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
THAT'S A BLACK ADDER

2 Likes

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Ykc2(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Danisaint112:
This puff adder looks more like a sidewinder grin grin grin
oga this one na rattle snake biko
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by imam07: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
backtovillage:
python no get venom oga. Nah constrictor species
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by AmadorSays: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jah be blessed, make him better go give testimony sharps
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by NOwazobia: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
All food for mongoose...

Where your crase end, na there another person own start... 🤤

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by hosemujica: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Russian roulette players.
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by KazikageSama: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
Na so people dey handle sin with careless attitude. It's just a simple, white lie they say. It was just a harmless kiss.
It's deadlier than the viper. The sting of sin kills not the body but the soul.

Only the blood of Jesus saves from the sting of sin. Accept Jesus into your life today. Tomorrow may be too late.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by okoroemeka(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
ArchiLimited:
of all animals in the bush I hate this snake the most,it does not run away but stay and wait for someone to step on it,it is more dangerous than a land mine,as a farmer animal rights does not extend to vipers,I kill them mercilessly

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by FireUpNow(m): 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2023
mjuvey3:
That's Puff daddy 🙂

Sorry, Puff adder 😅
Puff Daddy or Puff Adder, it's deadly oo

1 Like

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by adecz: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Puff adder
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by JobNeededUrgent: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
rainlover:
what's OBINRIN
Women.
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by JobNeededUrgent: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
pendragonbladgo:

Its name of any descendant of Hell, the devil.
Its in Hebrew which means, Gods only mistake of creation.

But people don't know. The word OBINRIN is hiding because the Theology don't want the world to know that God did a mistake.
IBINRIN Means mistake of God and its names of anything that came from the devil.

Always read wide plsssssss
aka daughters of eve

1 Like

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Benwallt(m): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
Voltage7:
A gaboon viper is more deadly than this one.

This is a gaboon viper.

Spot the difference

This is a saw scale viper. Goboon a massive head
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by Voltage7: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Benwallt:

This is a saw scale viper. Goboon a massive head
The first frame I posted is the Gaboon viper, while the one Op is talking about is an adder.

Check the head of the first frame picture and see how large it is.

1 Like

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by JobNeededUrgent: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
The snake is a puff adder,one of the most notorious venomous snakes in Africa.It is responsible for 30,000 snake bites in Subsaharan Africa and possesses a cytotoxic venom which is lethal.
Its ambush mode of hunting and cryptic camouflage coloration,makes it very easy for humans to accidentally step on it.People who get bitten by this viper often do so by stepping on the snake.
It is a prolific breeder, giving birth to as many as 50 babies.
CHATGPT grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by JobNeededUrgent: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Sleekfingers:
Naso some nigerians dey die like mosquitoes..

That's how a bricklayer was bitten by a snake at my friend's site in Epe. People were just behaving as if nothing happened. After some minutes he started sweating
It was a boy of about 13 years, that saved his life, by just picking some leaves around the site.

Sweating or swelling?
Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by AkaraAndBread: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
eherbal:
Just one scratch from this Ankara wearing snake,and you're gone in 60 seconds. No known antidote in Nigeria except babalawo or some powerful Alfa calls out the venom with precise recitations. grin

You've probably not heard of EchiTab anti-venom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed by AkaraAndBread: 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:

CHATGPT grin

We know them when we see them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix) / Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.