Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower (48077 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest & Detention / Sandra Eze Sanzye: 'Bourdillon’ Ordered My Removal From TVC, Says Journalist / Frame-Up: FG Issues Statement On Obasanjo's Looming 'Arrest' & 'Detention' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Anyiamaka: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
No matter what Nigerian politicians do they're all thieves.. tongue

Emefiele or Buhari? Why was the dude not sacked under Buhari? Why did the army forestall his arrest a few weeks ago?
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by FIRDAUS3(m): 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Emefiele is a solid man

He is gonna weather the storm and beard the lion

Oju Ole ree......... Oole tongue

2 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Brush1: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Emefiele really commited many atrocities on Buhari's order against the Nigerian people

they sponsored UGM and IPOb to create insecurity in the south east

They killed Gulak in south east to paint the south east people in bad light but that plan failed .

Tinubu is a product of Buhari's APC so we not falling for the yeye arrest and investigation bullshit stories.
BAT , Bubu and APC are all accomplice.

2 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by 2mch(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Emefiele really commited many atrocities on Buhari's order against the Nigerian people

They killed Gulak in south east to paint the south east people in bad light but that plan failed .

Tinubu is a product of Buhari's APC so we not falling for the yeye arrest and investigation bullshit stories.
Who was the direct beneficiary of Emefiele’s policies during the election? Not Obi and Atiku Then we can conclude that Obi and Atiku are involved in the terrorist activities of the SE to make APC look bad. We have evidence of them supporting the evil policy. By the way SEners love IPOB and Unknown gun men. They are always applauding their efforts of Facebook. So all you are saying here is nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by ba7man(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
grandstar:

You came about your theory towards the end of the Buhari administration and not the beginning. It was so clear from your writeup.

Nigeria's present economic woes begun when Buhari started dictating exchange rates to an independent central bank because the governor lacked the backbone to tell off the president. That's why today, the official rate is 461 and black market rate is 750. The World Bank has said a differential greater than 5% is not good. The new president said he will work towards uniting the exchange rates. That basically means the fifferential will be small. It may be 630 eventually.

The Naira redesign and swap seemed to attack Tinubu but I am sure all the presidential flagbearers were affected even though Atiku claimed otherwise.

I have 2 opinions regarding the Naira redesign and swap:

1. The bullion van incident of 2019 when 2 bullion vans were seen entering Bourdillon greatly embarrassed the CBN and he wanted it checkmated. That's why Tinubu kept saying he felt the Naira swap was to target him.

2. After the outcry against him contesting, he sought revenge by depriving politicians of campaign funds through this policy.
(1) When did Buhari ever dictate exchange rate to CBN??

Dollar was already scarce due to low oil sales and low oil prices but emefiele made it worse by limiting the official sale of forex to bureau-de-change operators which gave CBN the sole power to manipulate it's availability and sale.

(2) What is CBN's business with Tinubu's money?? Did he pick up the cash directly from them like Diezani and G.E.J used to do??

(3) I agree with no 3 but he has been accused of being in cahoots with Governor Okowa who linked him with Atiku and planned the whole move to frustrate Tinubu. He did it with a political target in mind, Tinubu.

I heard Atiku promised to retain him on them winning but that one is hearsay for now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Samajogs: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
What do you expect when the head lack common sense(Pmb)
ba7man:
Emefiele was a mole in Buhari's govt, inherited from GEJ's administration, a PDP product and he was used to sabotage the APC administration and paint it in bad light.

His loyalty was to himself, Gov Okowa and Atiku at a stretch.

I knew something was wrong when Arise tv, Peter Obi and Atiku supported the Naira policy close to elections.

When your enemies applaud your move, be very wary. They knew it's implications on the people but they encouraged and supported it.

They didn't mind the whole Nigeria suffering just for them to ruin Tinubu’s chances and them winning.

Know the enemies of the nation.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by obembet(f): 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
No matter what Nigerian politicians do they're all thieves.. tongue

Let Peter obi supporters catch u

2 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by ba7man(m): 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Samajogs:
What do you expect when the head lack common sense(Pmb)
He could be naive and slow to act atimes. That was his weakness.

Emefiele kept fumbling the forex exchange but Buhari still retained him. I can't understand the logic behind all that.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Successkay12(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
ba7man:
Emefiele was a mole in Buhari's govt, inherited from GEJ's administration, a PDP product and he was used t yeo sabotage the APC administration and paint it in bad light.

I knew something was wrong when Arise tv, Peter Obi and Atiku supported the Naira policy close to elections.

When your enemies applaud your move, be very wary. They knew it's implications on the people but they encouraged and supported it.

They didn't mind the whole Nigeria suffering just for them to ruin Tinubu’s chances and them winning.

Pls more volume
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Ofunaofu: 11:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
ba7man:
Emefiele was a mole in Buhari's govt, inherited from GEJ's administration, a PDP product and he was used to sabotage the APC administration and paint it in bad light.

And when his tenure ended in 2019, the PDP ensured that Buhari and the APC government reappointed him for second tenure of 5 years to continue to sabotage the Buhari government and paint it in a bad light

Sometimes I wonder the type of comments people make on Nairaland
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by HeroicMeastro: 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Do you still think it was Buhari that was giving orders to Emefiele?
Does Buhari even give orders?
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by PoliteActivist: 11:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
beelon1020:
The life of scam and scammers
Doesn’t end well.

Why are you shading our president na
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by PoliteActivist: 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Do you still think it was Buhari that was giving orders to Emefiele?
Does Buhari even give orders?

Of course, he or the cabal. Or they'd have tossed him out exactly as PBAT did!

2 Likes

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by yom2(m): 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
lastmessenger:
How dollar rose from 200 to 750 under this mirror head of a man is one of the seven wonders of the last administration. God will punish him and Buhari.
u guys speak without d foreknowledge of the underlying facts, build up and dynamics. When buhari resumed the economy was in crisis already . oil in the global market has already dropped to less than 30 dollars. The policies that buhari introduced did not help matters either however well intentioned it may be. At a time they have to fund some states and agencies to meet their obligations.. I really do not support some of emefieles policies. But he is not blamable in all.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by pfadom: 12:02am On Jun 13, 2023
If a rerun of the Presidential Election were to be conducted Peter Obi and Atiku will not collectively get up to 5 million votes.

We are satisfied with what we are getting from Tinubu in 2 weeks.

ba7man:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by grandstar(m): 12:05am On Jun 13, 2023
ba7man:
(1) When did Buhari ever dictate exchange rate to CBN??

Dollar was already scarce due to low oil sales and low oil prices but emefiele made it worse by limiting the official sale of forex to bureau-de-change operators which gave CBN the sole power to manipulate it's availability and sale.

(2) What is CBN's business with Tinubu's money?? Did he pick up the cash directly from them like Diezani and G.E.J used to do??

(3) I agree with no 3 but he has been accused of being in cahoots with Governor Okowa who linked him with Atiku and planned the whole move to frustrate Tinubu. He did it with a political target in mind, Tinubu.

I heard Atiku promised to retain him on them winning but that one is hearsay for now.

Upon assumption of office, Buhari fixed the exchange rate at around $1-N199. He said he does not believe in devaluation. Before the official rate can slide his say-so was needed and this was rarely ever given. That was why the CBN was forced to set up a second window in 2017 which was market reflective. I have known this since 2015.

When oil sales were declining, would also mean that your currency too would naturally depreciate as it constituted over 75% of export earnings.. The right thing any economist would advise is for your currency to depreciate which would make imports dearer and less affordable while making locally made goods more affordable and more competitive internationally, aiding its exportation to bring in forex. If forex is sold to BDC at a market determined exchange rate, there's nothing wrong in that.

As at December 2015, the CBN was selling dollars to the BDC at 199 or so who resold it at 280. The huge gap between the official rate and black market rate occurred because Buhari did not allow the Naira to depreciate.

It was obvious an economic ignoramus was dictating things.

If in doubt, this is just these article https://nairametrics.com/2023/06/11/emefiele-experts-believe-buharis-administration-dictated-cbn-policies/

https://saharareporters.com/2016/05/13/buhari-bows-imf-pressure-devalue-naira-290-dollar

Can you please show me pictures of bullion vans entering into Diezani or Jonathan's residences? I would like to see them. There is clear evidence this happened in Tinubu's residence and it was during the elections in 2019. I just browsed those pictures online.

You may be right about Okowa and Atiku's involvement.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by matemate: 1:20am On Jun 13, 2023
c

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by KGREAT(m): 1:32am On Jun 13, 2023
okorogodwin4:
someone cares about his opinion because he just said the truth but tribal and religious hatred will never allow you to see beyond your nose shame on you
This is why you people will continue to wallow in ocean of neglect and Abandonemt. Nigerian has moved on and you guys are still crying fowl when beckon of hope is shining from North to South.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Nauttyprof(m): 2:19am On Jun 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Let's stop the nonsense of bringing Buhari to this. Yes, the government interfered in the activities of the CBN but the CBN governor has the power to take any decision without any instructions from the president. That is how autonomous the institution is from the presidency. We quickly forget some of the allegations levied against Sanusi by the Goodluck's administration. Does this not suggest the powers of the CBN Governor? Or did Goodluck also give him the orders and then, later accuse him wrongly too?

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by masamuel: 2:27am On Jun 13, 2023
Many of the cabinet members in the immediate past government have questions to answer

Lets wait and see.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by johnaruson(m): 3:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Emefiele committed a crime against humanity with his new naira note out of industry policy, do you know how many innocent kids that died or suffer malnutrition because of that? Not to talk if girls that lost their veeginity and period because of lack of cash. Until he answers the supreme court question to give examples of any country that did that, he should never be released any soon.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by aestake: 3:32am On Jun 13, 2023
RAND250:

And no one cares about your opinion tongue
I do. Emefiele case go die down soon. Former EFCC boss case nko? Arrest Buhari first...if not anything is being done, my friend.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Nolevel666: 3:39am On Jun 13, 2023
ba7man:
He could be naive and slow to act atimes. That was his weakness.

Emefiele kept fumbling the forex exchange but Buhari still retained him. I can't understand the logic behind all that.
Because the heat of the hardship never affects them.
They don’t know what it mean to spend more than you earn every day in Nigeria.
They always have bogus allowances to feed fat from.

1 Like

Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by cenaman(m): 3:45am On Jun 13, 2023
April15:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank
for how long will you keep begging?
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by NOHOLDSBAR: 3:50am On Jun 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Prince of Aba with another moniker. IPOB terrorist monkey.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by FireUpNow(m): 4:19am On Jun 13, 2023
Nigerian politicians do not have the internet of the people at heart. Tinubu is a part of Buhari and APC, they are all play acting. He is fooling the masses. Arrest of CBN governor or not, it's all wash. Emiefele is a rogue do you know how much he was making from each and everyone that got a loan from any bank in Nigaria monthly? Part of the interest paid goes to him. Wicked man
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by kcubani: 4:33am On Jun 13, 2023
Until tinubu arrest an hausa Man or yoruba man ,the we know he is serious
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by obaidan: 4:48am On Jun 13, 2023
Emefiele was APC government's CBN governor for 8 good years. He committed this crimes under their watch...APC is a failure.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Ilaje1: 4:53am On Jun 13, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Always blaming others for your wrongdoing. Foolish entity.
Re: CBN FX Scam: Emefiele Ordered My Arrest, Detention For 101 Days - Whistleblower by Ilaje1: 4:56am On Jun 13, 2023
okorogodwin4:
someone cares about his opinion because he just said the truth but tribal and religious hatred will never allow you to see beyond your nose shame on you

Nothing truthful there, if anything it's the idiot and you the dullard that are making it tribal thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Ogbunbenro Arrested At Revolution Now Protest (Photos, Video) / Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court / Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.