Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Akpabio Wins Senate President Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio Wins Senate President Election (53567 Views)

President Election: Confusion As INEC Uploads Female’s Picture On Result Portal / Godswill Akpabio Wins Akwa Ibom North-West Senate Seat / Godswill Akpabio Wins At The Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by BabaIbo: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Says who?

You have no idea the politicking that went behind the scene.

If Tinubu had been like Buhari, Yari might have won.

Go and sit down please, same way lawan won APC presidential primary because of Buhari abi?

It seems you don't know politics.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Okwyjesus(m): 10:00am On Jun 13, 2023
garfield1:

I think so.the last minute stepping down of ouk,izunaso,endorsement from abaribe,ezenya,ubah made it.but if ouk and izunaso had contested,the margin would be same

If they have gone for Yari they could have given him bloc vote to victoy.

Orji Uzoh and Izunaso could have stepped down. That was the deal Yari was banking on
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:02am On Jun 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Akpabio won cos he is popular... Even without tinubu endorsement Akpabio ll win... In 2011 was GEJ not there when tambuwai won speaker ahead of mukailat PDP anionted.. ? 2015 saraki won cos he was popular Amongst his colleagues too...

I disagree sir This has nothing to do with popularity but rather scheming.

Saraki schemed with the opposition against the party to clinch the Senate presidency seat. All these happened because Buhari wasn't firm.

The same thing is what Yari wanted to do but he forgot that the new sheriff isn't laid back like the previous ones.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2023
Ellasure:

it is definitely not north, you can see many northern states senators with akpabio insignia in the various pictures.

but people should note a fact that Zamfara elected officials always negate the norms of Nigerian circumstances. they started sharia during obasanjo time as a protest against perceived obasanjo Christianity disposition. and several other negative publicity.

Same thing someone pointed out to me.

Wetin dey wrong with Zamfara representatives sef?
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by millionboi2: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2023
Ayodeoba:
just imagine the joy that will erode from south south region this morning due to this pronouncement! This will further strengthen APC
which joy,Nigerians no send you.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by BabaIbo: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2023
Okwyjesus:

South East deal made the difference.

Thanks to Hope Uzodinma

Yes, Yari was not popular among the christian senators.
Even his northern brothers(senators) had no choice than to divide their votes when they saw what southern senators did at the beginning of the election.

So, I think that move made it for Akpabio.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Saao(m): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Ewu Biafra, Do your thing bro, Dey cry dey go
Never stop crying, it's in you.
every body is a Biafra to you? Anyway I don't have time to engage a child . for calling me name, I will report u
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:05am On Jun 13, 2023
BabaIbo:

Go and sit down please, same way lawan won APC presidential primary because of Buhari abi?

It seems you don't know politics.

I'm already seated comfortably, don't know about you.

Thanks for the advice though. You should take the same too.

Peace!
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Basic123: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Same thing someone pointed out to me.

Wetin dey wrong with Zamfara representatives sef?

This is what is wrong with them

https://saharareporters.com/2022/12/12/2023-presidential-election-former-zamfara-governor-yari-northern-apc-leaders-secretly

Yari can not be trusted!
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by autonomous22: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2023
ABBkelvin:
As expected.

A win for South South people.

Congratulations to our new Senate president Godswill Akpabio wink

How's a win for south south people.... How did Buhari's reign benefit an ORDINARY northerner...

How did Jonathan's reign benefit us ... just dey Play.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by kettykin: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2023
Congratulations Akpabio, please use this opportunity for a sea port in Ibaka . The best news for Akwa ibom and the best opportunity for the new commercial capital of Nigeria
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by blowjohn(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2023
SenatePresdo:
Omo Tinubu no be anybody mate grin

He always have his ways, thunder fire him grin

I don tire to dey oppose Tinubu, he always come out victorious, that man Should be studied.

Be like na for Pluto he get him own jazz.

Like this now, I don lose hope for that Court case kpatakpata. Tinubu must have his ways.

Big Respect sha

Lol....tinubu get strong spiritual backup somewhere I don't know

1 Like

Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Rolings: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2023
SenatePresdo:

I don tire to dey oppose Tinubu, he always come out victorious, that man Should be studied.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2023
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:08am On Jun 13, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Saraki schemed with the opposition against the party to clinch the Senate presidency seat. All these happened because Buhari wasn't firm.

The same thing is what Yari wanted to do but he forgot that the new sheriff isn't laid back like the previous ones.
but tinubu didn't scheme to win APC ticket and president ABI... Some of u lack understanding... It's not president Job to choose leaders for nass it's duty of nass and all members have right to contest which Yari just exercised... By the way nass isn't APC headquarters it's has PDP LP NNPP guys too...
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by tabaralph: 10:09am On Jun 13, 2023
Mynd44:
Akpabio is the new Senate President

Fair enough, we can’t have another Muslim in yari as number 3 citizen.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2023
garfield1:

Yari really tried to get 46.it means almost all opposition voted him.
it's good for democracy it shows nass is independent and pple from outside can't just say go for this... Akpabio was popular otherwise that's why he won like saraki did 2015
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by BabaIbo: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Can you just find another focus, politics is not your thing, honestly.

Let me ask you, between Akpabio and Yari who is more popular between the opposition senators?

This is common sense please. Tinubu had little or no impact on this abeg.

The candidate who is more popular between the opposition senators took the day, coupled with the stepping down of his co-senators(ouk and co) who would have shared his votes and the open support/endorsement from Abaribe and co gave it to him.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Godfullsam(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Like this now, I don lose hope for that Court case kpatakpata. Tinubu must have his ways.

Big Respect sha

grin grin grin

Dem Don dey bow out, one by one grin
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by garfield1: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
it's good for democracy it shows nass is independent and pple from outside can't just say go for this... Akpabio was popular otherwise that's why he won like saraki did 2015

Voting in reps is not secret
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by tabaralph: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2023
blowjohn:

Lol....tinubu get strong spiritual backup somewhere I don't know

Tinubu is an institution…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:12am On Jun 13, 2023
BabaIbo:

Can you just find another focus, politics is not your thing, honestly.

Let me ask you, between Akpabio and Yari who is more popular between the opposition senators?

This is common sense please. Tinubu had little or no impact on this abeg.

The candidate who is more popular between the opposition senators took the day, coupled with the stepping down of his co-senators(ouk and co) who would have shared his votes and the open support/endorsement from Abaribe and co gave it to him.

Uncle, please rest this matter. I have moved on. Thanks

Peace!
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by lolu2019: 10:12am On Jun 13, 2023
The South South is no longer a minority tribe.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2023
Wow Congratulations to him
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by Love56743: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2023
odigbosky:
Sharp

As a proper Edo boy when I be
Obi supporter and LP voter

This is a win for the south south

Anyhow e be
We move

Same here i supported obi during election but election has come and go, Now let us support tinubu i hope he can transform Nigeria, atleast with constant light, Because i don tired to live another man country

Shun politics of bitterness
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by BabaIbo: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2023
garfield1:

Yari really tried to get 46.it means almost all opposition voted him.

Don't say opposition, the 46 might even be majorly from his party senators and not opposition.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
but tinubu didn't scheme to win APC ticket and president ABI... Some of u lack understanding... It's not president Job to choose leaders for nass it's duty of nass and all members have right to contest which Yari just exercised... By the way nass isn't APC headquarters it's has PDP LP NNPP guys too...

Of course, he did scheme.

Politics is scheming and the better schemer won.

Please don't quote me again.
Thanks and take a rest.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by starstaz(m): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2023
Let me register my congratulations to the SP Mr Godswill oporoporo 😁 Akpabio and to the Larger South south Family and by extension to the able patner in the people of the East.

Congratulations to all that work and make it possible. As for the East, we are sowing a seed, political capital, that will germinate and harvested in the future for a much higher and highly coveted position in the land, the GCFR. When that time comes, we shall all rejoice with you in your glory.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by garfield1: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2023
BabaIbo:

Don't say opposition, the 46 might even be majorly from his party senators and not opposition.

No.those his party members that voted against were abbo,jimoh,ouk, izunaso,lawan
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by BabaIbo: 10:19am On Jun 13, 2023
garfield1:

No.those his party members that voted against were abbo,jimoh,ouk, izunaso,lawan

He still got sizeable votes from opposing parties that made him the SP sha.

In all, it was permutations and dying minutes agreements that gave it to him.
Re: Akpabio Wins Senate President Election by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2023
No be jazz or money matter as some people the insinuate. The man understands people and knows how to manage people. He rewards his own and keeps his promises that is why he has loyalists. Indeed he is to he studied by politicians, politicians to be and all leaders.

SenatePresdo:

Big Respect sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 New Flyover Bridges In Lagos: Some Of Akinwumni Ambode's Legacies (PHOTOS) / Guns Of President Buhari's Guards Of Honor Checked Anytime He Arrives (Photos) / Nima Elbagir Enters Sambisa Forest With The Aid Of Security Personnel. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.