Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,759 members, 7,831,445 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School (590 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Madu Anthonia Obianuju Nonuplets: Nairalanders, I Need Help To Confirm This / Frankco Pere: Amputee Comedian Seeks Help To Get Married (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Meri2020(f): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Hello nairalanders, good day.
I am here because I need help from kind hearted nairalanders. I pray I meet my good fortune here. The thing is, I want to go to nursing school. I got the form to the school with all the money I had but I have no sponsor. I have been assured of been admitted after the entrance exam this month because I have a first degree already but I don't know what to do because I know fully well I have no means to sponsor myself. My parents will not hear of it, besides they are struggling because they feel I should work with the cert I already have but the course I studied can only get me a teaching job which I have done, but I want to do better for myself. I have always had passion for nursing but after three years of been denied, I opted for something else out of desperation to be in school, a decision I regret.
I have thought and googled about ways I could sponsor myself and the only reasonable thing that came up was GoFundMe. That would have been easy, but Nigerians aren't allowed to start up GoFundMe. The only option is to have someone in an eligible country start it up on your behalf. I do not know anyone who lives outside the country, so I decided to source for help here. Please can anyone be kind enough to help start up a GoFundMe for me. God would really bless you if you do. I have any kind of proof you might need about my identity. Please nairalanders abroad, help me.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Zupay: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Which course did you study for your first degree?
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Meri2020(f): 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Zupay:
Which course did you study for your first degree?

Biochemistry
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Zupay: 4:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Meri2020:

Biochemistry

Studying nursing is a long haul. I will suggest you look into getting a PGCert in Education (PGCE) and get registered with the TRCN, you then look into migrating to the UK to teach as they are experiencing shortage of science teachers, you can then comfortably self sponsor yourself through nursing school in the future.
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:19am On Jun 14, 2023
Zupay:

Studying nursing is a long haul. I will suggest you look into getting a PGCert in Education (PGCE) and get registered with the TRCN, you then look into migrating to the UK to teach as they are experiencing shortage of science teachers, you can then comfortably self sponsor yourself through nursing school in the future.

How can someone who's struggling to sponsor herself in a relatively cheaper 3-year nursing program in Nigeria be able to bear the cost of migrating to the UK??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Acidosis(m): 4:20am On Jun 14, 2023
Life is not solely defined by your passion; it is important to consider leveraging your first degree to generate financial stability. Many people have found themselves in more favorable positions today precisely because they pursued career paths other than their childhood passions.

Btw, biochemistry graduates aren't limited to working solely as teachers in schools. Some have pursued diverse career paths such as becoming medical sales representatives in pharma companies or finding success in the banking sector.

There is no harm in trying to pursue a nursing career though.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Meri2020(f): 9:06am On Jun 14, 2023
Acidosis:
Life is not solely defined by your passion; it is important to consider leveraging your first degree to generate financial stability. Many people have found themselves in more favorable positions today precisely because they pursued career paths other than their childhood passions.

Btw, biochemistry graduates aren't limited to working solely as teachers in schools. Some have pursued diverse career paths such as becoming medical sales representatives in pharma companies or finding success in the banking sector.

There is no harm in trying to pursue a nursing career though.

Yes I know about been a sales rep. I have tried severally but I wasn't taken. Most prefer men and people who can drive. I got the nursing form already. My exam is month end. I will write it with hope of finding a way somehow. Hopefully before then, I can find a way. Thanks for your input.
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by frozen70(f): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
Meri2020:

Yes I know about been a sales rep. I have tried severally but I wasn't taken. Most prefer men and people who can drive. I got the nursing form already. My exam is month end. I will write it with hope of finding a way somehow. Hopefully before then, I can find a way. Thanks for your input.

You studied Bio Chem as first degree, that's nice

So which school of nursing form did you buy from

Where are your parents residence in

Where is the location of the Nursing School

What the duration of the course
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by Meri2020(f): 10:05am On Jul 31, 2023
frozen70:

You studied Bio Chem as first degree, that's nice

So which school of nursing form did you buy from

Where are your parents residence in

Where is the location of the Nursing School

Hello, I just got to see this now. I had to forget about nursing school. I couldn't raise the money, besides, Tinubu regime came and there is no way I could have seen myself through with the current state of the economy. I am trying to start an online business though. I hope to get patronage from you all when I kickstart.

What the duration of the course
Re: I Need Your Help To Get Into Nursing School by UnfairLife7(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Zupay:

where will she get fund for PGCert in education and get registered in TRCN? where will she get fund to relocate?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bride Wept As Parents Told Her No Make Up On Her Day / Why're People So Obsess Bringing Kids To This World?.. / If Igbo Girl Born For You Marrying Her Because Harder Unlike Other Tribes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.