Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,477 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm (5168 Views)

Howard Nyoni: TB Joshua & Oyakhilome Had Terminal Diseases, Took Drugs Secretly / Conversation Between A Christian & A Atheist Professor / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Yet, here we are unnaturally trying to force our own opinions on each other.

Please tell me what knowledge you were born with.
That’s still part of nature.

I’m the knowledge.
I eat when I’m hungry.
I sleep when I feel sleepy.
I drink when I’m thirsty.

Everything happens naturally.
In a honey bee colony, the selection of the queen bee is a natural process carried out by the bees themselves.

We are all acting a persons.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

That’s still part of nature.

I’m the knowledge.
I eat when I’m hungry.

Everything happens naturally.
In a honey bee colony, the selection of the queen bee is a natural process carried out by the bees themselves.

We are all acting a persons.

budaatum:

Please tell me what knowledge you were born with.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

I’m the knowledge.
I eat when I’m hungry.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

I’m the knowledge.
I eat when I’m hungry.

You sure as hell would not let me perform heart surgery on you if my claim to knowing how to was I was born with knowledge of performing heart surgery on Maynmann.

What you list above is knowledge that you were taught and acquired and not knowledge you were born with, and it definitely is not knowledge about the universe nor nature outside your own needs. But if you are claiming that's your answer to my question, buda rests.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

You sure as hell would not let me perform heart surgery on you if my claim to knowing how to was I was born with knowledge of performing heart surgery on Maynmann.

What you list above is knowledge that you were taught and acquired and not knowledge you were born with, and it definitely is not knowledge about the universe nor nature outside your own needs. But if you are claiming that's your answer to my question, buda rests.

Justice is doing one own job.
You are not a heart surgeon why would you do a heart surgery on me?
I want a heart surgeon to do a surgery on me not someone that pretends to be one.

Eating when hungry, sleeping when sleepy, and drinking when thirsty—natural bodily functions.
I wonder who taught my heart how to beat wink

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

I wonder who taught my heart how to beat ; )
That is what hearts have evolved to do, enable your body to pump oxygen around your body.

But perhaps the God who created you taught it. What do you think?

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

That is what hearts have evolved to do, enable your body to pump oxygen around your body.

But perhaps the God who created you taught it. What do you think?
Exactly an heart is doing what is supposed to do on his own naturally.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2023
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 8:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

Exactly an heart is doing what is supposed to do on his own naturally.

What you Maynmann do is not what you are supposed to do! Nothing commands you to do what you do! You are no one or things slave! Every day you wake up when you have decided to wake up, and everything you do is what you have decided to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

What you Maynmann do is not what you are supposed to do! Nothing commands you to do what you do! You are no one or things slave! Every day you wake up when you have decided to wake up, and everything you do is what you have decided to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.
The function of living is for the soul, and living is a craft, the soul will do what it’s supposed to do naturally.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:
Nawa oo

"For example, the individual who selects one of the professions such as medicine, dentistry, law, the priesthood or any other profession must meet these same prerequisites for success".

Do you see why you wouldn't let me woo does have the "prerequisites for success" in heart surgery to perform heart surgery on you?

When studying for a profession the student must give all of his or her time, both day and evenings, until fully prepared to actively enter the profession. They cannot permit business, social affairs or others to interfere with their study.

And do you see why it is "special knowledge" that no one can possibly be born with and that can only be acquired through dedication, focus and hard work?
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

"For example, the individual who selects one of the professions such as medicine, dentistry, law, the priesthood or any other profession must meet these same prerequisites for success".

Do you see why you wouldn't let me woo does have the "prerequisites for success" in heart surgery to perform heart surgery on you?

When studying for a profession the student must give all of his or her time, both day and evenings, until fully prepared to actively enter the profession. They cannot permit business, social affairs or others to interfere with their study.

And do you see why it is "special knowledge" that no one can possibly be born with and that can only be acquired through dedication, focus and hard work?
As long as you are a doctor you must do your job as a doctor.
As long as you are a engineer you must do your job as an engineer.
Everyone should mind their craft and do their job, no special knowledge.
Knowledge is knowledge that has different forms.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

The function of living is for the soul, and living is a craft, the soul will do what it’s supposed to do naturally.

Mayn, have you read any D T Suzuki?

His Essays in Zen Buddhism are rather informative on how knowledge is taught and acquired, and are my favourites. They teach the opposite of "the soul will do what it’s supposed to do naturally", and actually teach one to be master of one's own being.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Mayn, have you read any D T Suzuki?

His Essays in Zen Buddhism are rather informative on how knowledge is taught and acquired, and are my favourites. They teach the opposite of "the soul will do what it’s supposed to do naturally", and actually teach one to be master of one's own being.

Wisdom is the same, it’s never personalized Bud.

Being? Look up the origin of the word.
The universe is the being.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

Everyone should mind their craft and do their job, no special knowledge.

"Should" by whom, and why should one? Can or should a person not go and do the work to learn to do heart surgery and also learn to fly planes and be a cobbler if they want to?

Who made this your "should mind their own craft and do their job" rule?
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

"Should" by whom, and why should one? Can or should a person not go and do the work to learn to do heart surgery and also learn to fly planes and be a cobbler if they want to?

Who made this your "should mind their own craft and do their job" rule?
Lol, they should mind their craft.
A doctor should be a doctor and a carpenter should be a carpenter.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

Wisdom is the same, it’s never personalized Bud.

So, you have not read D T Suzuki, and are just throwing terms at me that you do not understand but think you were naturally born with the knowledge of?

Well, just so we are clear, buda is buda specifically because buda has studied Buddhism and Zen and specifically the works of D T Suzuki, and was not born with any knowledge that buda has.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

So, you have not read D T Suzuki, and are just throwing terms at me that you do not understand but think you were naturally born with the knowledge of?

Well, just so we are clear, buda is buda specifically because buda has studied Buddhism and Zen and specifically the works of D T Suzuki, and was not born with any knowledge that buda has.
Ooh my saguna brahma
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

Lol, they should mind their craft.
A doctor should be a doctor and a carpenter should be a carpenter.

That's like saying Maynmann should not talk about things he has no special knowledge of, but I'm certain and hope you'd disagree.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

That's like saying Maynmann should not talk about things he has no special knowledge of, but I'm certain and hope you'd disagree.
No it’s not bud.
If I don’t have knowledge of it I don’t.
That’s why socrates was termed the wisest man, he knows that he does not know.

So basic, i wish you will understand, well but your occult cheesy
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

Ooh my saguna brahma

No, May, it's not about being anyone's saguna brahma, but about not talking about things one is not knowledgeable of.

If one talks about things one has no knowledge of, those who have knowledge would clearly see they have no knowledge.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

No, May, it's not about being anyone's saguna brahma, but about not talking about things one is not knowledgeable of.

If one talks about things one has no knowledge of, those who have knowledge would clearly see they have no knowledge.
One already has the knowledge bud. We are only acting as persons.

Knowledge is recognizing your ignorance.

1 Share

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

That’s why socrates was termed the wisest man, he knows that he does not know.
And because he never claimed to know what he had no knowledge of.

Maynmann:
So basic, i wish you will understand, well but your occult
I expect this sort of juvenility from triple and I'm very sad to see it coming from you.

Occult means "mystical, supernatural, or magical powers, practices, or phenomena", none of which buda has claimed to possess.

Please know that not agreeing with you does not mean one does not understand what you are saying.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

And because he never claimed to know what he had no knowledge of.

I expect this sort of juvenility from triple and I'm very sad to see it coming from you.

Occult means "mystical, supernatural, or magical powers, practices, or phenomena", none of which buda has claimed to possess.

Please know that not agreeing with you does not mean one does not understand what you are saying.
No, he said, The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing,".

The group, an upgrade of free mason is occultic.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

One already has the knowledge bud. We are only acting as persons.

Knowledge is recognizing your ignorance.

Explain how you can have knowledge of what you are ignorant of please.

Take you. You are obviously ignorant of the writings of DT Suzuki, having not read any of his books, so how is it that you are claiming knowledge of what DT Suzuki wrote?

Are you acting as a person, perhaps? If so, you are obviously not recognising nor admitting your ignorance, and are even claiming you were born with knowledge you obviously lack.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by jaephoenix(m): 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2023
TenQ:

Lazarus was resurrected by Jesus
The little girl was resurected by Jesus

How many in a million deaths for any reason gets returned back?

Every Christian believe in miracles : a miracle is a temporary suspension of the natural laws
So that bible verse is wrong then?
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Explain how you can have knowledge of what you are ignorant of please.

Take you. You are obviously ignorant of the writings of DT Suzuki, having not read any of his books, so how is it that you are claiming knowledge of what DT Suzuki wrote?

Are you acting as a person, perhaps? If so, you are obviously not recognising nor admitting your ignorance, and are even claiming you were born with knowledge you obviously lack.

it aligns with Socrates' philosophy and his famous statement, "I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing."

In Socratic philosophy, the recognition of one's own ignorance is considered the first step towards genuine knowledge. By acknowledging what one does not know, it opens the door to questioning, learning, and seeking wisdom. Socrates believed that true knowledge involves a constant process of inquiry, examination, and the pursuit of understanding.

I haven’t mentioned DT Suzuki in my statement 😂

Yes we are all acting a person.
Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

The group, an upgrade of free mason is occultic.

And you therefore presume buda is a member of that group?

Do you also presume buda is a Bibleist because buda quotes the Bible?

Let me therefore quote the Qur'an so you can presume buda is a Qur'anist too.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

And you therefore presume buda is a member of that group?

Do you also presume buda is a Bibleist because buda quotes the Bible?

Let me therefore quote the Qur'an so you can presume buda is a Qur'anist too.
“The group, an upgrade of free mason is occultic.”
Read slowly.

I saw bible and quran verses in this website

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

I haven’t mentioned DT Suzuki in my statement

Please stop with the dishonesty. It is unbecoming.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by Maynmann: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2023
budaatum:

Please stop with the dishonesty. It is unbecoming.
This is a screenshot from wikipedia not my statement.
And the screenshot was talking about ziren, they were referencing him.
Ziren means nature in chinese I don’t need to read someone’s book to know that.

Re: Near Death Experience Of An Atheist Professor, Howard Storm by budaatum: 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
Maynmann:

This is a screenshot from wikipedia not my statement.
And the screenshot was talking about ziren, they were referencing him.
Ziren means nature in chinese I don’t need to read someone’s book to know that.

Like you don't need to read the wiki page you posted because it contains knowledge you were born with?

Mayn! If you have not read a book about Ziran, then you are talking ignorantly when you mention it! And you've done that with Plato, which you have obviously not read, which just makes me think you like talking about things you know nothing about.

And for your information, it's Ziran, and not "ziren", and in Daoism it means a whole lot more than just "nature".

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Financial Record Surfaces After Oyedepo’s Outcry Over CAMA / Pastors Wife You Must Not Copy Their Styles If You Desire To Get To Heaven / A Grace Preacher To Answer All Your Questions And settle your Confusions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.